The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 44

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Eugwe Coral" <h_and_g@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:34:55 -0500

Name:  Gene Weissinger
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13 give or take
Location:  Knoxville, TN
E-mail Address: Eugwe@yahoo.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Not YET...
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  none - unless I am in the drive through od McDonalds
Occupation: Sales - plastic signs - ooohh exciting!
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  10/1/99 ?
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 197 give or take...
unopened sets in collection: zero - can't build with unopend sets !!!
# of LEGO Pieces: God only knows
# of LEGOfests Attended: none yet...
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none yet...
First LEGO Set: Lego space - somewhere around 1980-81
LEGO Dark Age: 18
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: some sort of Ice Planet, I'm sure
Favorite Theme(s):  Classic Space
Favorite set(s): 487 cruiser
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  futuron
Set/theme you would like to see: more castle / pirate / space
Current LEGO Project: an entire lunar 'city' scape

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Talking my wife into letting me buy more...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Hiking in the smokies, photography, hanging out
with my wife

From: "Ryan Smith" <kyblue2@zoomnet.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:39:25 -0500

Name:  Ryan Smith (A.K.A. $mitty)
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1985
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14
Location:  Ashland, Ky
E-mail Address: kyblue2@zoomnet.net  or smittyclassof2003@yahoo.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  NONE
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  0
Occupation: Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: July

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 100 or so
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: NONE
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,000-?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: McD's Promo ( not sure)
LEGO Dark Age: 1997
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  Res-Q set
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, train, Res-Q
Favorite Set(s):  6399, 6597, 6571, 6398, 6482
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  1X4X5 red windows
Set/theme you would like to see: Town monorail again
Current LEGO Project:  Finishing my city with the train in.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: NONE

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  R/C Airplanes, basketball, football, soccer,
swimming, SLEEPING, music.

From: "Todd A. Junker" <abt@thrusters.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 12:41:35 -0800

Name:  Todd Junker, Architect
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  7/20/67
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  32 Years Old Physically,
   perpetually 10 yrs old regarding Legos!
Location:  Santa Rosa, CA
E-mail Address:  cptcosmo@pacbell.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  N/A
Marital Status:  Single, but have a wonderful girlfriend
Children:  0
Occupation:  Mechanical Engineering Designer/Draftsman/Architect
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  10
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~12000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  Man, I don't remember... that was 27-28 yrs ago!
LEGO Dark Age:  Ages 16-31
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8448  Super Street Sensation
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic/Mindstorms
Favorite Set(s):  Mindstorms RIS
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Piece:  Lego chain links and shock absorbers,
gears, anything Technic!
 Minifig:  Not into minifigs
Set/theme you would like to see: Would love to see another 8460 type
crane truck with 5000 parts or so, including pneumatics

Current LEGO Project:  Prototyping a large Mindstorms robot using 2 RCX's and
roughly 4000 parts so far

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I use Legos to prototype mechanical assembly
concepts before building the real world equivalent.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Architecture, Physics, Quantum Mechanics,
Astronomy, Theater, Cinema, Books, This Old House & New Yankee
Woodshop (TV shows), finish/rough carpentry, Arts & Crafts, Macintosh
computers, brewing beer at home, 3D computer modeling, Designing
(Design is my life), my girlfriend Rebekah, and general geeky stuff

From: jamie1123@webtv.net (Jamie)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:59:33 -0500 (EST)

Name: Jamie Hickey
Gender: Male
Birth Date: 11-23-75
Mental Status/Age of inner chid: 13/14
Location: Saginaw, Michigan
E-mail: jamie1123@webtv.net
Lego U.R.L: None
Marital Status: Might as well be married!
Children: Just my dog "Scrappy"
Occupation: Volunteer Fire Fighter/ Stock         Clerk at Meijers
On R.T.L. since: August 1999

# of LEGO sets in collection: 28 for now!!
# of unopened sets: none
# of pieces: ?, not enough
# of fests attended: none yet, one day!
# of theme parks attended: 4

1st LEGO set: Galaxy Commander
LEGO Darkages: 91' thru about 96'
Favorite Theme: Classic Space, Star              Wars, Technic
Favorite Set: #8880, #8448, #5580
Favorite piece/ mini-figure: Darth Vader
Set/ Theme you would like to see:
     An official Millennium Falcon that              doesn't suck. AT-AT
that isn't grossly         under-sized. Another huge Model
Team Semi, like #5580.
Current LEGO project: Building a                    Millennium Falcon,
hopefully that won't      suck. Give me a couple months
Greatest claim to fame: Finishing collage
Other non-LEGO interests: Music, Movies

I added this one:
Biggest pet-peeve about LEGO:                      Juniorized parts and
pieces, not                 acknowledging AFOL

Please allow me this oppertunity to make a shameless plug: If you have
any gray LEGOs are willing sell, please contact me! Thank You!

From: b-keenan@uiuc.edu (brian e keenan)
Date: 9 Nov 1999 20:12:21 GMT

Name:  Brian Keenan
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Healthy
Location:  Illinois, USA
E-mail Address:  b-keenan@uiuc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Single
Children:
Occupation:  Desktop Support/Development
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  2 weeks ago.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  around 40?  most shared with brothers
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  ?
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  404 (or 912?)
LEGO Dark Age:  After age 14 or so, until last year
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8838 plus most of the SW stuff
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, SW
Favorite Set(s):  RIS, SW (probably 7181 & 7191, too :)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Vader
Set/theme you would like to see:  Star Trek ( can you say "7 of 9 minifig" :)
SW minifig boxes - Battle droids, stormtroopers, & rebel troopers

Current LEGO Project:  motorized 4 legged walker w/ articulated legs.
Probably run by RCX with sensors, etc.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Posting this message?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Board and miniature gaming
(I'll probably buy tons of the ninja & mounted Samurai minifigs and try to
come up with rules to run a game with them :)

From: "Scott T" <twisdom@tri-lakesonline.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:28:45 -0700

Name: Scott T
Age-13
Location-CO in the US
Number of sets-maybe 100 or less
Number of pieces-???
First Lego set-Buried Treasure
Age started building-2
Current Projects-none at the moment

Description-I'm just a middle schooler in Colorado that likes to build with
Lego and play around with computers.  I enjoy playing basketball and
baseball and I play a lot of computer games.

From: Steven Coallier <scoallier@ea.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 15:35:18 -0800

Name: Steven Coallier
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1965
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Inner child (mental age 10) lives in a
small, comfy
LEGO cottage.
Location:  San Mateo, California
E-mail Address: scoallier@ea.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): Home page is http://www.hooked.net/~coallier/lego.htm
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None (but my girlfriend has 3)
Occupation:  Entertainment Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  7 / 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~25 (would be a lot more if it weren't for

 my mother givin' 'em to other family members who won't give 'em
back...)
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~100,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: One

First LEGO Set: Some Universal Set
Favorite Themes:  Technic, _BASIC_ Basic, Star Wars, Mindstorms
Favorite Set:  X-Wing Fighter (#7140)
Favorite Minifigure: Darth Vader (although he needs to be taller!)
Current LEGO Project:  A Life-size Superman

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: A 5'+ model of the Transamerica Building

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Sheesh.  Too many.  Check the web page
listed above for a full description, there's dozens of them

Desperately seeking set: Tan bricks!  I need lots of tan bricks for a
life-size model of Superman I'm trying to finish.

From: "Thomas" <southernstar3@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 18:45:54 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name:  Scott
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1983
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  16
Location:  Tennessee
E-mail Address:  bozeman1941@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.geocities.com/Area51/Shuttle/3019/Lego.html
Marital Status:  not married
Children:  none
Occupation:  student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  September 2, 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  183
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  5
# of LEGO Pieces:  unknown
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  none

First LEGO Set:  6612  Fire Chief's Car

LEGO Dark Age:  None!

Favorite Theme(s):  Town and Space

Favorite Set(s):  6380 Emergency Treatment Center  6990 Monorail Transport
System

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   The Colonel from The Wild West and the
Admiral from the Imperial Guards

Set/theme you would like to see: Vikings!

Current LEGO Project:  Rebuilding everything

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  model railroading

From: "Tolliver Family" <tolliver@tstar.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 06:18:12 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name:  Adrick
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1986
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8
Location:  Texas
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  NO!!
Children:  NO!!!
Occupation:  NO!!!
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Some time in March of 98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Lots
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  None
# of LEGO Pieces:  Lots more.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None :(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None :(

First LEGO Set:  A DUPLO rattle

LEGO Dark Age:  None so far!!

Favorite Theme(s):  These are a few of my favorite Themes.... Pirates,
Star Wars, Adventurers, Wild West, Town, Space and Castle.

Favorite Set(s):  #1 5988  My 1st big set!
#2 6975
#3 6268
#5 6280

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   Darth Vader.

Set/theme you would like to see: More new Adventurers sub-themes, New
Pirates and Space Themes

Current LEGO Project: Nothing right now.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Star Wars, Star Trek.

From: Tim Strutt <tim.strutt@sympatico.ca>

Name: Tim Strutt
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location:  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
E-mail Address: tstrutt@canada.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.geocities.com/tstrutt
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  1 (unborn)
Occupation:  Equipment Technologist / Computer Science Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  '98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: >100
# of LEGO Pieces:  can't count that high
# of LEGOfests Attended: none  8^(

First LEGO Set: a basic system set with large gears, etc.
Favorite Themes:  Technic, Trains, old Town, Race, Pirates, Star Wars,
Divers,
                  can't afford Mindstorms yet.
Favorite Set:  owned - Red Beard Runner (#6289), wanted - Metroliner
(#4558)
Favorite Minifigure: none in particular
Current LEGO Project: customizing train cars, race cars, transports

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none yet
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  computers

Desperately seeking set: 4558 Metroliner - but can't afford it yet

From: Bagheera, the jungle scout <bagherra@my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:11:46 GMT

Name: Jason Cordes
Gender:  Panther
Year of Birth: around the time of Dirt
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: wavering in late adolescence
Location:  Cape Canaveral, FL
E-mail Address: bagherra@my-deja.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.frenzy.com/~jaebear/
Marital Status:  happily(?) married
Children:  do I count?
Occupation: something about space ships and little green men
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dec 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: good question, I'd guess about 60
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 14
# of LEGO Pieces:  I lost count.
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Disneyworld Lego Pavilion

First LEGO Set: Snowman polybag from McDonalds in like 91?
Favorite Themes:  TRAINS!, Adventurers, Ice Station 2002, Space Port
Favorite Set:  Deep Freeze Defender
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  crystals, all three colors
Set/theme you would like to see: Dungeons (deep dark caves, ogres,
	minotaurs You're basic D&D stuff)
Current LEGO Project:  Mountain Fortress (medieval)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I have a 24Karat Gold 8 stud lego that was
        custom made for me

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Programming, Space Flight, Large Cats
	(lions, tigers, etc), Board Games, and Global Domination.
Desperately seeking set: A box of 9000 crystals, 1000 each in the colors
- trans blue, trans red, metallic blue, metallic grey, silver, metallic
green, trans yellow, trans clear
Or a ramp for the 9V train system :)

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:38 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net