The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 43

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu (J.D. Forinash)
Date: 8 Aug 1999 14:04:15 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  J.D. Forinash
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  '73
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  About 12. Strangely enough, this hasn't
	gone up in the past three years since the last one of these.
Location:  Atlanta, GA
E-mail Address:  foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Lego:
	http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Dell/1042
			non-Lego:
	http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/foxtrot
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  One, J.D., age 26.
Occupation:  System Administration Weenie.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  I wasn't sure last time, but at least since 1995.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Sets? You mean they come in sets?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  6. Still. The same ones, even.
# of LEGO Pieces:  Not enough
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Way back I remember both a fire station and a blue and grey
        space ship called the Galaxy Explorer. How I wish I still had all the
        parts to that Galaxy Explorer... all the grey wings I have, however,
        are the left-side ones. Go fig...
	(three years later, I still haven't got any more right-side wings...)

LEGO Dark Age: From about age 14 or so to age... uh... 20ish?
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  I don't recall. I expect it would have
	been a 1993 or 1994 release, but it's been a while.
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, space.
Favorite Set(s):  See "# of sets in collection".
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Grey ones. Still.
Set/theme you would like to see:  Well, in the "completely dreaming"
department, Babylon 5 Lego sets would be cooler than the other side of the
pillow, but problematic from a scale perspective-- you simply can't market
a five-mile-long space station even if it's only in minifig scale. :) My
first few attempts at minifig-scale Starfuries, however, have bombed.

Current LEGO Project:  I never did finish that thumpin' huge castle from
three years ago-- I'd get so far, and come up with better ideas. So I've
_still_ got a large (64x96 stud) castle in the works.

With all of my grey pieces tied up in a disarray I keep trying to call a
castle, I still haven't built that Millenium Falcon.

The othert thing I'm working on (using yet more grey pieces) is another
extension for my Galactic Mediator++. It's still not big enough.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None. I'm still boring.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Classic videogame consoles (Intellivision,
primarily, but I also own a Nintrendo 8-bit, an Atari 7800, and hell, even
a Sega Genesis), automobiles ('99 Dodge Dakota R/T, '70 Plymouth Fury
convertible, '69 Coronet 440. Mopar. :) ), auto racing (Preferrably
NASCAR Winston Cup, but hell, I'll watch anything go fast. I'd like to get
into SCCA and do the going fast myself, but that'd take another automobile,
and I just don't have the space for the three I have... :) ), card games
(Favorites being Wizard, Skat and Spades, but I'll play almost anything that
doesn't require betting real money)...

From: s.a.campbell@felonytospamlarc.nasa.gov (Steve Campbell)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 15:39:47 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Steve Campbell
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8-11
Location:  Newport News, VA
E-mail Address:  litehous@widomaker.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/index.html
Marital Status:  M
Children:  1 - 2 years and change
Occupation:  Computer artist, animator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  March 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  approx. 70
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: approx 50
# of LEGO Pieces:  HAHAHAHAHA if I had time to count they'd all be built!
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 001 Classic Gears
LEGO Dark Age: 1977-1991, 1993-1998 (this one is more like a grey age)
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  6270 Forbidden island, 6289 Red
Beard Runner
Favorite Theme(s):  Pirates, Adventurers, Star Wars
Favorite Set(s):  6277 Imperial Trading Post
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Adventurers truck from 5988,
Soldier/Imperial Guard
Set/theme you would like to see:  International Pirate ships, Classic
Pirate ships, Pirates, Pirates, and more Adventurers.
Current LEGO Project:  The Perilous Pirate Page

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Childrens Hospital of the Kings Daughters,
Norfolk, VA Lego display

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Roller/ice hockey, cartoons, MST3K,
Microbrew beer, computer games, roller coasters

From: redstorm63@aol.com (RedStorm63)
Date: 08 Aug 1999 21:08:32 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Brandon Lovelace
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1980
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  11
Location:  North Carolina
E-mail Address: redstorm63@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  long term relationship
Children:  none
Occupation:  referee
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: June 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  5,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: #6392 Airport
LEGO Dark Age: 1990-1999
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: #6463 Lunar Rover
Favorite Theme(s): Star Wars, Space,
Favorite Set(s):  #1682 Space Shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Any Blacktron I figure
Set/theme you would like to see: movie tie-ins
Current LEGO Project:  rebuilding the town i had created about 10 years ago

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  sports

From: zange@webtv.net (V. Margaret McKenney)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 23:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

Name: Andy Mckenney
Date of birth 4/25/66
Gender: male
Age of inner child 12
Locacation: Eugene,OR
E mail address Vera Margaret @webtv.net
Lego page none
Marital statuses/ single
Occupation: instructinal aide to mildly disabled students.

# of sets: 20
# of unopened sets:0
# of pieces: have not counted yet
# of Legofests:0

First Lego set:Ambulance with Helicopter #460
Lego Dark age 1986 to 1993
First Lego set after Dark age:6538 Rebel
hot rod got two of them cause they were
cool!
Current Lego project: Putting my Lego Moon landig set to gether and
building a small lego city.

Other interests:Drawing,swimming,listining to my scanner.

From: Horst_Lehner@bb.maus.de (Horst Lehner)
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 11:44:00 +0200

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Horst Lehner
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  somewhere between 7 and 16
Location:  Böblingen/Germany
E-mail Address:  Horst_Lehner@bb.maus.de
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/index.htm
Marital Status:  married
Children:  1
Occupation:  Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:     about 100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  about 10
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea ...
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  1 (Billund/Denmark

First LEGO Set:  723
LEGO Dark Age:  1980-98
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  7740
Favorite Theme(s):  Trains, Town, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  8880, 7725 (still searching ...)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  white arches
Set/theme you would like to see:  any non-juniorized
Current LEGO Project:  Getting all the new stuff sorted

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
  First and most complete collection of european catalogs online:
    http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/index.htm
  Started a collection of sticker scans online:
    http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/aufkleb/index.htm

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Family, Computers

From: liam@pegasus (Liam Parnell)
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 13:07:36 GMT

Name: Liam
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 27/03/75
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Has not changed
Location: UK
E-mail Address: liamp@ukonline.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://web.ukonline.co.uk/liamp/
Marital Status: Single
Children: 0
Occupation: Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Lurker since 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: I have no idea.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces: I play with them, I don't count them
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 Billund

First LEGO Set: Universal building set circa 1977
LEGO Dark Age: 1987 - 1996
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 8032

Favorite Theme(s): Town, Divers, Paradisa, Classic Space

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Lurker since 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: I have no idea.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces: I play with them, I don't count them
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 Billund

First LEGO Set: Universal building set circa 1977
LEGO Dark Age: 1987 - 1996
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 8032

Favorite Theme(s): Town, Divers, Paradisa, Classic Space
Favorite Set(s): 6950
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Yellow Classic Space Man
Set/theme you would like to see: Urban Realism
Current LEGO Project: A bird-like flightcraft using LDRAW

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I got a letter from Susan Williams once,
                             doesn't everyone?.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, surfing.

From: bagaasc@eel.ENGR.ORST.EDU (Wik the Mighty)
Date: 9 Aug 1999 18:21:30 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Chad Bagaason

Gender:  Male

Year of Birth:  1973

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14

Location:  Eugene, OR

E-mail Address: wik@orst.edu

LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.cs.orst.edu/~bagaasc/lego

Marital Status:  Single

Children:  None

Occupation:  Computer Consultant

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  September '97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~100

# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0

# of LEGO Pieces:  Unknown

# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  442

LEGO Dark Age:  No LEGO purchases 83-91
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  1462

Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Castle, Technic, Train

Favorite Set(s):  9719, 8880, 7140

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Blacktron I, Inverted Slope Pieces

Set/theme you would like to see:  Classic Reprints

Current LEGO Project:  Trains, Trains, Trains!!!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Currently my 4-8-4 SP Daylight

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Board/Card/Computer Gaming, Reading, Miniatures
Painting, Model Railroading (O Gague)

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:40:32 -0700
From: Piers Sutton <micromu@best.com>

Name:  Piers Sutton
Date of birth 2/26/69
Gender: male
Age of inner child: 11, but i'm pimping he to buy more legos
Locacation: San Jose, CA
E mail address micromu@tt.ipc.net
Lego page none
Marital statuses/ single
Occupation: operations manager for computer company

# of sets: 15
# of unopened sets:0
# of pieces: who knows
# of Legofests:0

First Lego set: Some classic space set way back when
Lego Dark age 1987-1998
First Lego set after Dark age: Tie and Y-Wing
Current Lego project: Trying to garner what would have been my old collection via ebay, etc.
Other interests: Books, comics, movies, writing, chasing women, tennis, rock climbing, annoying neighbors with my bass, etc.

From: mpratt@cix.co.uk (Michael Pratt)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:14 +0100 (BST)

Name:  Michael Pratt
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1957
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12!
Location:  Uk Southport
E-mail Address:mpratt@cix.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Nope
Marital Status:  Yes
Children:  1 bio, 1 step
Occupation:  Lawyer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  about june 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 40
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: only one
# of LEGO Pieces:  millions
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:none

First LEGO Set: A small box of bricks in about 1966
LEGO Dark Age: 1969 to 1999
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 7740 Train What a way to start !
Favorite Theme(s):  Train of course
Favorite Set(s):  all trains
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):The YMCA mustachioed one
Set/theme you would like to see: Submarines
Current LEGO Project:  Rebuilding sets owned in part

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Got a 7740 in a charity shop for a couple of
pounds !

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Hi Fi, flying kites

Michael Pratt

From: sinclair@cadvision.com (Ian Sinclair)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 01:28:37 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Ian Sinclair
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Location:  Calgary, Alberta, Canada
E-mail Address:  sinclair@cadvision.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Manager/Programmer/Hobbyist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  28
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  9000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:
LEGO Dark Age:  18-33
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  Mindstorms/Technic Sets
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic & Mindstorms
Favorite Set(s):  8880 & 8480
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Things that move (gears, axels,
universal joints, etc)
Set/theme you would like to see:  Model Team Technic (the bigger the
better)
Current LEGO Project:  Mindstorms Vehicles

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Games, BeOS C++ Programming,
Tennis, Reading, etc.

From: Jason Spangler <stormwind@wombatgames.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:08:18 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name: Jason Spangler
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 9
Location: Austin, TX, USA
E-mail Address: jasons@usemail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://purl.org/NET/JasonSpangler/Home
Marital Status: Married
Children: 0
Occupation: Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~275
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 28
# of LEGO Pieces: no idea
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1, LEGOLAND Carlsbad

First LEGO Set: 6375 Gas Station
LEGO Dark Age: 13 to 21 years old
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 6008 Royal King
Favorite Theme(s): Classic Space, Blacktron, Space Police 1, Forestmen
Favorite Set(s): 6375 Gas Station, 1789 Star Hawk II, 6876 Alienator, 497 Galaxy
Explorer
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Futuron minifigs
Set/theme you would like to see: Space business (transports, liners, etc)
Current LEGO Project: Modular space vehicle system

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computer Games, Computers, Nature

From: "Randy Anchikoski" <ranch@writeme.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 21:05:13 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name:  Randy Anchikoski & family
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12-ish
Location:  Victoria, BC Canada
E-mail Address: ranch@writeme.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.members.home.net/ourCreations/
http://www.teradesigns.tzo.com/
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  4
Occupation: database consultant/developer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  645
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 103
# of LEGO Pieces:  165,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0, but hosted a few medium sized get-togethers!
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 1980's McDonalds promos
LEGO Dark Age: didn't really have LEGO as a kid, had RASTI
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 1639 - 670 Piece Bucket (1990)
Favorite Theme(s): Technic, Town
Favorite Set(s):  6339, 8880,6543,3759
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  the ones we don't have
Set/theme you would like to see: towns around the world, waterproof
motor/battery pack
Current LEGO Project: huge brick guy; house with working storm sewer/gutters
etc. (still)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  somehow converting my wife to become
supportive of my LEGO 'hobby' / achieving over 1000 minifigs (1200)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  family, baroque/classical etc. music
(performing/listening), software development (databases), cooking

Randy Anchikoski
E-Mail: ranch@writeme.com
Large attachments: ranan@home.com
Ph: (250) 370 5169
Fax: (250) 370 5175

From: johnNYblaze44@webtv.net
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 02:06:11 -0400 (EDT)

Name:  John R. Kanehl
Gender:  Male
DOB:  9/18/69
Mental Age/Status of inner child:  i'll have to consult my therapist ...
Location:  Central NY State
E-mail:  johnNYblaze44@webtv.net
Lego Homepage:  None Yet
Marital Status:  single sometimes
Children:  someday
Occupation:  Surgical Instrument Sales
On RTL :  (Lurking since purchasing WebTV+)  May 1999

# of Sets:  1000+
# of Unopened:  4
# of Pieces:  250,000+ (before recent purchases)
# of Legofests:  never seen one
# of Parks Visited:  none

First Lego Set:  Ambulance and Helicopter (1973)
Lego Dark Age:  1987-1992  (college)
First Set After Dark Age:  Majesto's Magic Workshop
Favorite Theme:  Castle (til Fright Knights)
Favorite Set:  375 Yellow Castle or Space Cruiser LL924
Favorite Piece:  The Original Gray Space
Rifle
Set/Theme You Would Most Like To See:
A Medieval Village / A Modular Space Port (for my original MOC's and my
Star Wars ships)

Current Project:  Sorting .....(any tips?)
Greatest Claim To Fame:  Recently acquiring 90 pounds of Lego from
friends and e-bay to complete collection and support future projects.
Anybody need anything?.....lol

Other Interests:  reading, skiing, cds, pool, darts, Guiness draft, and
australian merlots

From: craig roberts <cackles@tpg.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 22:17:26 +1000

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name:Craig Roberts
Gender:Male
Year of Birth:1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:unknown
Location:Australia
E-mail Address:Cackles@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:Divorced
Children:4
Occupation:Law enforcement Officer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:10
# of LEGO Pieces:approx 10 thousand
# of LEGOfests Attended:nil
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:nil

First LEGO Set:
LEGO Dark Age:when thought was to old to use lego
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:town set
Favorite Theme(s):town
Favorite Set(s):
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):all haved approx 400 minifigs
Set/theme you would like to see:sydney opera house
Current LEGO Project:large town

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:non yet

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: bodybuilding, internet,life

From: jennr@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (Jennifer Boger)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:06:05 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Jennifer L. Boger
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8/Active
Location:  Washington, DC
E-mail Address:  jennr@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none/http://www.giccs.georgetown.edu/~dan/jenn
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Network Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dec '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  120+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  20,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  Unknown
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Train, Model Team
Favorite Set(s):  Owned-4559, not owned-6086
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): no idea/Car Salesman Bob (cheezy blue
suit, toupee, suitcase)
Set/them you would like to see:  More old style castle. less sub themes
Currect LEGO Project:  aquiring more and more sets

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, ren fests, psx

Originally "enrolled" Dec 1996 as Jennifer L. Reckard

From: "adrian giannini" <webmaster@harding-giannini.com>
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:08:23 -0500

Name:  Adrian Giannini
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1982
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13 or so... never really thought about it
Location:  staten island, new york
E-mail Address: webmaster@harding-giannini.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  nope
Children:  none
Occupation:  student, part-time assistant to potter
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  7/99 or so

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  never counted... probably about 50 or so
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  probably the hovercraft
LEGO Dark Age: '95-'97
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  6879 Blizzard Baron
Favorite Theme(s):  classic space
Favorite Set(s):  6952 Solar Power Transporter
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  any space minifigs, especially classic
space and blacktron I
Set/theme you would like to see:
Current LEGO Project:  some interesting space vessels... larger ships with
crew of 3-5 minifigs

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none so far

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  music, computers, playing guitar...

adrian
webmaster@harding-giannini.com
LEGO: SP+++ CA,TO,PI++ #++ S+++ LS++ Hal A YB82m

From: "G.W.J. Hassink" <g.w.j.hassink@student.utwente.nl>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:36:54 +0100

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name:  Gerwin Hassink
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1980
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Location:  Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail Address:    g.w.j.hassink@student.utwente.nl
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://home.student.utwente.nl/g.w.j.hassink/
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  student Applied Physics
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  march 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  many
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:    zero
# of LEGO Pieces:  I'm not going to count them
# of LEGOfests Attended:    zero
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:    one

First LEGO Set:    6806 Surface Hopper
LEGO Dark Age:
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  7130 Snowspeeder
Favorite Theme(s):  Forestmen, Blacktron I, M:Tron, early Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  7151 Sith Infiltrator
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Darth Maul, Majisto
Set/theme you would like to see: anything with large trees in it, mixing
minifig-scale with Technic
Current LEGO Project:  LDrawing a LEGO RoboTech Cyclone

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  some transformable LEGO MOC's

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Scouting, physics, RPG's

From: otophero@aol.com (O topher O)
Date: 03 Nov 1999 00:35:10 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name:  Chris Adler
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1979
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Houston, TX, USA
E-mail Address:  niner_four@yahoo.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.geocities.com/niner_four
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Spring '99

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  About sixty something
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces:  A lot, but not as much as these other Lego freaks on RTL
-)
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set: Basic set 555
LEGO Dark Age: Fall '94 to Spring '99
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  X Wing
Favorite Theme(s):  Star Wars, M:Tron, SpacePolice
Favorite Set(s):  6986, 6896, 6886, 6981, 6923
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  I've always liked the little tiny connecting
pieces that used to hold the 1 X 1 round plates together, they make great money
and jewels for my Legoverse.
Set/theme you would like to see:  BRING BACK THE M:TRONS AND THE SPACE POLICE
Current LEGO Project:  Buying all Space Police and Blacktron sets, and also
getting my homepage a lot better, and also trying on getting my creations'
pictures up on the 'net.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I make some darn good crash scenes!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Drum Corps, playing and listening to music, my
'75 Nova, Creed, Virgos Merlot, Writing

From: duck360198@aol.com (Duck360198)
Date: 03 Nov 1999 00:48:20 GMT

Name:  Brendan Coughlin
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  11/28/80
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10 Years Old
Location:  Aberdeen, SD/Las Vegas, NV
E-mail Address:  Duck360198@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Working on one!
Marital Status:  Spoken for! :-)
Children:  0
Occupation:  The "Picker" at a golf course and UNLV Student!
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Around 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  250
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  7
# of LEGO Pieces:  55,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0 :-(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0 :-(

First LEGO Set:  Emergency Treatment Center (1987)
LEGO Dark Age:  Whenever Town Jr. started!
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  McDonald's Restaurant (Getting better)
Favorite Theme(s):  Town by far and then Model Team.
Favorite Set(s):  Launch and Load Seaport, Big Rig Truck Stop, ALL of the
Soccer sets, and the Metro Park and Service Tower.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Piece:  Any printed piece (computer,
telephone, radar, etc.)  Minifig:  Any guy with a cowboy hat!
Set/theme you would like to see:  Definitely military (I know it won't happen!)

Current LEGO Project:  Finishing up my 160 Square foot city!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Being this close to finishing my city is quite an
accomplishment for me.  I have also gotten ALL of the vehicles/buildings that I
have ever wanted.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Golf, Paintball, My Chevy Blazer, My girlfriend,
all my friends, etc. etc. etc.

From: Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 20:07:45 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)
Last updated on Jan. 25, 1999

Name: Larry Pieniazek
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1959
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Fluctuates, 10-14 typically
Location: Home is Ada, Michigan, but all around the US, as I travel on
business a LOT!
E-mail Address: lar@voyager.net or lpieniazek@tsisoft.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://my.voyager.net/lar
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2 plus an informally adopted college student from Siberia who
lives with us.
Occupation: System Architect/Consultant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Sporadic lurking, solidly on since November 1997
but mostly hang out on LUGNET(tm) now (http://www.lugnet.com)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Wellover 1000 but not sure how far over
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: perhaps 25%
# of LEGO Pieces: Estimated at 400,000 but not sure
# of LEGOfests Attended: Define Legofest! I have met with AFOLs all
around the country, I may have the record for having met the most of us
in real life. I think that whenever I post "hey, I'm coming to your
town, let's meet" and at least 2 people come out, that's a fest... by
that metric I've been to dozens. The most memorable would be the
Carlsbad fest on opening night of LL Carlsbad. Gary Louie organized it,
but then very tragically passed away unexpectedly and wasn't there,
except in spirit.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (LegoLand Carlsbad) plus both the Mall
of America Imagination Center and the Disney Village Imagination Center
(That visit was the "awakening event" that roused me from my dark ages.

First LEGO Set: Some 1960's Samsonite Canada parts pack but not sure
which one.
LEGO Dark Age: circa 1973 through late 1997 with a few glimmers of
reawakening in 1993 and 1994
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 4559 black/yellow train monstrosity
but I survived it
Favorite Theme(s): 9V Train, Monorail, Launch Command, Flight (complete
in these), 12V Train, Town, Ice Planet, Blacktron, Mtron
Favorite Set(s): Airport Shuttle, Metroliner, Century Skyway (have too
many copies of each of these and will be thinning down)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Train Catenary pickup, Train Conductor
Set/theme you would like to see: Star Wars parts pack or bucket (for the
earthtone bricks)
Current LEGO Project: Selling off some of my overstocks, LDrawing (in
MLCad) some of my best work.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Dunno. Mouthiest poster on LUGNET(tm)?
First non Todd/Suz poster to LUGNET? Trusted Intermediary service?
Factoring service? Fastest person ever to 9V Train complete?  Tried to
set up Bulk Buys more often than anyone else, unsuccessfully? Don
Quixote of eBay? Know more AFOLs IRL than anyone else? You pick.
Everyone knows me and trusts me

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Being with my kids, computers, gaming,
investing, swimming, skiing, all things British but especially including
cars.

--
Larry Pieniazek larryp@novera.com  http://my.voyager.net/lar

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:38 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net