The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 40

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Allan J Smith" <allan.j@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 03:53:25 +1300

Name: Allan J Smith

Gender:  Male

Year of Birth:  1956

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:42/16

Location:  Napier, New Zealand

E-mail Address: allan.j@clear.net.nz

LEGO/home page URL(s): http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/allan.j/
Pictures of my own creations in the Town, Train & Wild West themes

Marital Status: now married to LEGO

Children: 3 distant daughters

Occupation:  Fire Protection Technician

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: July 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ? at a guess 600+

# of Unopened Sets in Collection: ? at another guess 150+
(parts for my own creations plus sets for future trades for non NZ sets)

# of LEGO Pieces: ? NZ sets don't have piece counts

# of LEGOfests Attended: none yet

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: maybe USA one day?

First LEGO Set: I think 6634 Rally Car

LEGO Dark Age: 1956 to 1985 but it might start soon if TLG don't stop town-jr

First LEGO set after the Dark Age: see 2 lines above

Favorite Theme(s): Train, pre town-jr Town & Model Team

Favorite Set(s): 6399 Airport Shuttle, 4554 & 2150 Train Station, 8880 Super Car
& 2556 Shell F1 Ferrari

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): all

Set/theme you would like to see: decent Town again

Current LEGO Project: Rainbow Warrior protest ship

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Train layout 2nd in 1997 & 1998 at Taupo Hobby Expo
against about 15 normal :) layouts

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Cycle touring, mountain biking, Cyndi Lauper & ABBA

From: rbobo123@aol.com (RBobo123)
Date: 11 Apr 1999 19:21:55 GMT

Name:  Richard Bobo
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1983
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 15
Location:  Arkansas
E-mail Address: Rbobo123@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  The SSSWW (Shrine to SubSonic Woodwinds) (Not Up Yet)
Marital Status:  No, not even a girlfriend :-(
Children:  No
Occupation:  Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Mid-98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Lots
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Thats a stupid question.
# of LEGO Pieces:  God only knows
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Classic Space Set
Favorite Theme(s):  Space
Favorite Set(s):  Space Port (SO what if it's Juniorized a little?), and
Throwbots
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Skeletons, and ghosts
Current LEGO Project:  Shadow, the ultimate throwbot

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Bassoon, Contrabass instruments, RML (Rocko's
modern Life), DS9 (Deep SPace Nine), and Hisotry.
Heffer: "I command you..."
Filburt: "No, no, Say We, we"
Heffer: "WEE-WEE!"

LEGO GEEK CODE:
TO[tc++]- PA++ SP[cl,mt++,bt2++,ip+++,sy+,ut,ex+++c,ufo+,ins-]++++ CA- PI++
AQ++ WW- ADV+++ #+++ S+++ LS+++ Hri M+ A@ LM-- yb82m

From: gefi1@t-online.de (Christian Gemünden)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:03:12 +0200

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:Christian Gemünden
Gender: male
Year of Birth:  1980
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: variable
Location:  Europe, Germany, Karlsruhe, Stutensee, Blankenloch (not very
known)
E-mail gefi1@t-online.de
LEGO/home page URL(s): none yet
Marital Status:  Lego is more important
Children: I like them, but don't have any
Occupation:  student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  about a month

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  832 soon more...
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: ~50?
# of LEGO Pieces: my room is not big enough for all !
# of LEGOfests Attended: none yet
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: ~5x billund (years ago)

First LEGO Set: I was born with LEGO. The sets were there before I came. I
dontinue my Mums collection. So I can no more remember any special set.
LEGO Dark Age: None! (1996 I had a few buildingless weeks)
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 6491, 6492, 6493, 6494 in a few days. (I
know that sounds more than stupid, but I like Timmy)
Favorite Theme(s): Space; espacially Space Police (II) and M-Tron
Favorite Set(s):  right now Episode I ( but usually 6861, 6862)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see: A light blue aquazone-monorail with theme.
Current LEGO Project: planning to build all my monorails with a huge track
and all that stuff I have.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: nothing too important.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Just LEGO or still (Scuba-)diving,

From: "loriann" <OKOBOJI@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:24:46 -0500

Name:  Loriann
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8, 10, 12 & a newly discovered 6 year old
Location:  Iowa
E-mail Address: okoboji@prodigy.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  in progress
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none ..... excluding my 3 dogs
Occupation:  mechanical designer
On R.T.L  Since:  March 1998
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 1000+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 5
# of LEGO Pieces:  105,000 +
# of LEGO fests  Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: just Mall of America
First LEGO Set:  6380 Emergency Treatment Center
Favorite Theme(s):  Town
Favorite Set(s):  6396 International Jetport & 6394 Metro-Park &
ServiceTower
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  how does one choose?????
Set/theme you would like to see: Fast Food Chain Restaurants, Bridges
Current LEGO Project:  having fun with my Mindstorms
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  i have more Lego sets in my family than anyone
else
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Music, Computers, Reiki and life.

From: Lord Insanity <lordinsanity@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:47:58 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name: Lord Insanity (Mike Petrucelli)
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 2242 B.C. (1979 A.D.)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 6-12
Location: Southeastern PA, USA
E-mail: lordinsanity@usa.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): currently none. soon though
Marital Status:  single
Children: I don't have any
Occupation:  colledge student/dishwaser/cook
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: reading for about a year, infrequently posting

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  hundreds
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: yeah right.
# of LEGO Pieces: tens of thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: probably a basic or universal set.
Favorite Theme(s): In order Space, Pirate, Castle, Clasic Town
Favorite Set(s):  all of them
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron I fig with gray printing.
It's not faded white, it is gray printing.  Only have one and he the
supreme commander of the Darktron Protectorate.
Set/theme you would like to see: A large green house with lots of 1xX
clear bricks.  I'd buy at least a dozen of them.
Current LEGO Project: A large town/space colony.  I'll put pics on my
webpage when complete.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: nothing yet.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: literature, theater, movies, computer,
outdoors, but mostly :-) constuction.

From: Jan Sturdivant <jsturdiv@got.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 09:18:34 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:Jan Sturdivant
Gender: F
Year of Birth:  1956
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: about 7
Location:  near Santa Cruz, CA USA
E-mail Address:jsturdiv@got.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): (none yet)
Marital Status:  HAPPILY MARRIED!
Children:  ages 8 and 3
Occupation:  homeschooling Mom
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  about two years (but couldn't figure out how to
do one of these before)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  probably thousands...at least hundreds,
in my stuff from garage sales--most now in one big bin in my son's room
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:only the Scala I bought for when my
daughter gets older...
# of LEGO Pieces:  not a guess...
# of LEGOfests Attended: none yet
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none yet

First LEGO Set: haven't found a pic of it yet to know the number--was a
fairly large house building set...box was about the size of a Candyland
game with red roof pieces and white bricks...
LEGO Dark Age: after my mom gave them to the gardener for his kids...I
was fourteen, I believe...
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: one of the castle sets with octagonal
walls from a garage sale
Favorite Theme(s):  most everything except cyberslam--and even that has
some interesting pieces...
Favorite Set(s):  right now probably Scala and Bellville
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  inverted roof pieces esp. corners /
girls esp.forrest one(which I do not have :(  )
Set/theme you would like to see: ?
Current LEGO Project:  sorting out some blacktron and M-tron from a
garage sale...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  do not think I have one after being around
the folks here on this newsgroup

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  sci-fi books, fantasy books, new ways to
help my kids learn school stuff, bicycling, walking in the forrest

From: "Apotome" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@execulink.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:37:39 GMT

Name: Allan B (aka Apotome)
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Whatever age I got my #853 set in the
late 70's
Location: Canada
E-mail Address: apotome@altavista.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.execulink.com/~apotome/expert.htm
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  None, but have enough Lego for 2 or 3
Occupation:  Computer Support
On RTL since: October 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~70 (mostly tubs and buckets)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Zero
# of LEGO Pieces: > 10,000
# of LEGO fests attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set: Probably #2 Basic Set (circa 1976)
LEGO Dark Age: 1983 - 1998
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: #3759 (1200 piece 35th anniversary tub
in Canada)
Favourite Theme(s): Technic
Favourite Set(s): Tough one... probably #367 (Lunar Base)
Favourite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Any length Technic beam
Set/theme you would like to see: Golden Age of Spaceflight

Current LEGO Project: The Expert Builder website (see URL above)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None (yet)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Cycling, computers, web design, sci-fi, fiction
writing, architecture, a decent cigar

Warmest regards,
Allan

From: "Stephan B. Wessels" <stephan.wessels@sdrc.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:31:45 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Stephan B. Wessels
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1955
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12 / Happy
Location:  Cincinnati, Ohio - USA
E-mail Address: swessels@one.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  married
Children:  1 step-son
Occupation:  manager of software development
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  8
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  2000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Mindstorms
LEGO Dark Age: Just started in December of 1997
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  Mindstorms
Favorite Theme(s):  Mindstorms, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  Mindstorms
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see: more high end sets like 8880, 8048
Current LEGO Project:  Diet Coke fetcher robot

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  compose music, write OO software

From: anonymouseye@webtv.net (Craig Hamilton)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:13:58 -0400 (EDT)

Name: craig hamilton
gender: m
y.o.b.: '64
age of inner child: 8 (or two 17 yr. olds)
location: center of the state of georgia, u.s.a.
e-mail: anonymouseye@webtv.net
lego home page: working on it
marital stat.: committed
chidren: faerie godfather to many
occupation: artist/illustrator/teacher
on RTL since march '99

# of sets: 245
# unopened: none -- (a toy unplayed with is like a book unread)
# lego pieces: around 80-90 thou.
# lego fests: 0
# lego theme parks visited: not yet -- planning trip to san delego next
year

first lego set: unknown set of basic bricks and police station
lego dark age: '83 - '95
lego renaissance: '95 - pirates & islanders sets
 fav. theme: castle (also adventurers, pirates, and indians)
fav. sets: 60082 fire breathing fortress, 5978 sphinx's secret suprise
fav. piece/mini-fig: forest babe, bat lord, black knights
set/theme i would most like to see: an african safari within the
adventurers theme, fantasy/mythological within castle theme
current lego project: 1940's hollywood movie studio
greatest claim to lego fame: i like to customize mini-figs by
re-painting. i've done my own justce league -- superman, batman, robin,
flash, green lantern, & wonder woman.
other intrests: art, theatre, ancient history, hiking, cats, reading,
mehndi, halloween, & friends.-- most of my intrests turn into passions.

i am enjoying RTL -- one of the best forums i've found.      later --
craigo-lego

From: silasp@my-dejanews.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:21:36 GMT

Name: Silas Pierrot
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 7
Location: Canada (B.C.)
E-mail Address: silasp@uvic.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://members.home.net/ourcreations/
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Student
On RTL since: March 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~50
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Zero
# of LEGO Pieces: 20,000 - 30,000
# of LEGO fests attended: If five people count for a Lego fest, then 4 (if
not then zero)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set: A house, set # 376
LEGO Dark Age: 1988 - 1994
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: #6813 galactic chief (space police)
Favourite Theme(s): Town, town, town, and town
Favourite Set(s): #6318 (trees and fences)
Favourite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Trees, doors, and windows
Set/theme you would like to see: A return of quality town sets

Current LEGO Project: A Tudor estate

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Judged, and helped to organise two Lego
building competitions at Eaton's (for you non-Canadians Eaton's is a major
department store in Canada)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Architecture, geography, urban planning, art

Don't stop building no matter how crazy they think you are.

Silas

From: "PMClark" <pmclark@proaxis.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:37:21 -0700

Name: Pfil (Phil Clark)
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location: Corvallis, OR
E-mail Address: phil@devcoengineering.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): None
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  None
Occupation:  CAD Technician/Network Admin.
On RTL since: Feb. 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Just the ones I bought today
# of LEGO Pieces: 50,000?
# of LEGO fests attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set: Don't remember
LEGO Dark Age: 1986 - 1996
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 6125 Sea Sprint 9
Favourite Theme(s): Castle, Town, Classic space
Favourite Set(s): 487 Space Cruiser
Favourite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Plants of any kind
Set/theme you would like to see: Vikings

Current LEGO Project: Ninja Training Camp

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Bought Star Wars Snowspeeder and didn't open it
for 4 days!  (Actually, I just didn't get a chance to)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Reading, music, video games

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:22:36 -0400
From: ucfjwh@ibm.net

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Jason Hendren
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 10/26/71
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Orlando, FL
E-mail Address: ucfjwh@ibm.net / jasonh@gdi.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  close
Children:  0
Occupation:  Industrial Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  A lot
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: about 6
# of LEGO Pieces:  A lot
# of LEGOfests Attended: 1 (Orlando, FL)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 1970s Space
LEGO Dark Age: 14 - 25
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8880
Favorite Theme(s):   Technic
Favorite Set(s):  Super Car, Space Shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Large tires from original car chasis
Set/theme you would like to see: 4x4 motorized recreations (technic
spinoff).  I would like a Hummer, Land Rover Defender 90, 1968 Bronco,
Jeep
Current LEGO Project:  1968 Motorized Bronco with motorized steering.
The chasis and mechanics are done!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Hummer recreation.
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00001.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00002.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00003.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00004.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00005.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00006.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00007.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Ramp/7528/PIC00008.jpg

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Surfing, Football, weightlifting

From: t a heist <taheist@cococo.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 02:06:25 GMT

Name: Aaron Heist
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1986
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12 or so
Location: Tennessee, but going back home in NY state soon
E-mail Address: taheist@cococo.net
LEGO/home page URL (s): None, but in a couple months....
Marital Status: Not old enough
Children:  None
Occupation:  Kid / Student
On RTL since: a couple months ago (can't remember exact date)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~30
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: I PLAY WITH MY LEGOS!
# of LEGO Pieces: 700? (no idea)
# of LEGO fests attended: If two people count for a Lego fest, then 1
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First Lego set: Probably a freestyle bucket, but at age 8 or 9 my
parents got me a bunch of forester and castle (loud sound of hitting
myself for not taking better care of my forester river crossing, pieces
of which I still have).

Lego set most wanted: The first super car, the only time I liked
Technic. The new one has none of the first one's allure.
Beginning of Dark Ages: 1996
DNRC member: yes
Dream project: Building a model of the craft from Descent 1, and some
mechs.
LEGO Dark Age: 1996 - 1998
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 5918 Scorpion tracker
Favorite Theme: Adventurers
Favorite Set: 2879 Treasure Raiders
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Monkeys, gold coins, mummy cases
Set/theme you would like to see: A genuine Iniana Jones theme. (with
Lucasfilm cutting deals with Lego now, I would NOT be surprised if it
shows up)
Current LEGO Project: Descent mechs, Full size museum for all my lego
stuff (mummy cases, conquistador helmets etc.)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None (but someday...)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Ancient history and cultures, Biological
studies, Descent,

From: hfd1chief@aol.com (HFD1Chief)
Date: 18 Apr 1999 02:19:46 GMT

Name: Billy Patrick Covais

Gender: Male

Year of Birth: 1986 (I am 12)

Location: Lindenhurst NY

E-mail address: JDKORN55@aol.com and HFD1CHIEF@aol.com

LEGO/Homepage URL: http://members.aol.com/hfd1chief/page/index.htm

Marital Status: Girlfriend

Children: None

Occupation: Jr.firefighter/Student

On RTL since: October of 1998

# Of sets in collection: About 50

# Of unopened sets in collection: 2

# Of LEGO pieces in collection: Around a thousand

# Of LEGO Fest attened: 0

# Of LEGO theme parks visted: Soon I hope

First LEGO set: A bucket of Duplo Bricks when I was 3 and 6670 Rescue rig when
I was 5 or 6.

LEGO Set Most wanted: This is a hard one Id have to say any fire station from
the late 80's and up and most wanted set would have to be 6666 Ambulance.

Dream Project: A lego version of the town I live in.

Favorite theme: Town and Res Q.

Favorite Set: 6666 Ambulance and 6525 Blaze Commander.

Favorite pieces: Fire minifig stuff and Res Q mini Fig stuff.

Set theme u would like to see: I would like to see a really good Fire & Rescue
theme like Jeff from Sixbys rigs.

Current Lego Project: Starting my town and making my Fire stations.

Non Lego Intrests: Firefighting stuff, computer, anything to do with
Emergencyservices.

Billy P. Covais
Fire Chief
Legohurst Fire Department

From: pennydrumz@aol.com (Pennydrumz)
Date: 22 Apr 1999 03:25:54 GMT

Name:John Hoppe
Gender: Male
Year of birth:1973
Mental age/status of inner child:varies from day to day
Location: Salem Oregon
E-mail: Pennydrumz@aol.com
URL:http://members.aol.com/Pennydrumz/main.html
Marital status:Plural
Children:yes
Occupation:drummer
On R.T.L. since: December 1998

# of sets in Lego collection:25-50(I lost count)
# of unopened sets:none-I use all the legos i buy
# of lego Pieces: 10,000 or so
# of lego fests attended: none yet
# of lego theme parks visited: none yet

First lego set: A helicopter from 1977
Lego dark age: anything town jr.
First lego set after the dark age: None yet, I'm still waiting for town sr.to
return
Favorite themes:town/fire
Favorite sets:all the fire stations except for the last one
Favorite pieces: storage compartments
Set/theme you would most like to see: The removal of Town jr., and the return
of real town.
Current lego project: modeling Salem, oregon fire station # 2.

Greatest claim to lego fame:I'm not sure I have one
Other non-lego interests: I play drums. That pretty much occupies most of my
free time

From: Gintaras Rumsas <agi_gr@kaunas.omnitel.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:20:35 +0200

Name:Gintaras Rumsas
Gender: Male
Year of birth:1959
Mental age/status of inner child:may be 12?
Location:Kaunas, Lithuania
E-mail: agi_gr@kaunas.omnitel.net
URL:now only in plans
Marital status:sucessfully married
Children:daughter 14
Occupation:mapping specialist
On R.T.L. since:lurking since end of 1997

# of sets in Lego collection:more than 100(with small ones)
# of unopened sets:is it possible?
# of lego Pieces: more than 10,000
# of lego fests attended: none yet
# of lego theme parks visited: none yet (may be Billund sometime...)

First lego set:6020 Magic Shop
Lego dark age:LEGO came to Lithuania only in 1993 - so may be it can be
fixed as end of my dark age
First lego set after the dark age:look previous two lines...
Favorite themes:Town (not Jr.), ResQ, Ninja, Adventurers
Favorite sets:all which I can afford
Favorite pieces: storage compartments
Set/theme you would most like to see: some kind of return of Blacktron,
Ice Planet etc. I am really awaiting for Star Wars (not in Lithuania
yet) and Rock Raiders
Current lego project: modeling secret base of Anti-Pirate Squad

Greatest claim to lego fame:I'm not sure I have one
Other non-lego interests: science fiction, fantasy, computer strategy
games

From: cargoweasel@my-dejanews.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 21:36:47 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name: Gary F. Burke

Gender:

Male

Year of Birth:

1972

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:

Varies. :) 10-15

Location:

Los Angeles, California

E-mail Address:

cargoweasel@my-dejanews.com

LEGO/home page URL(s):

None yet, big one coming soon.

Marital Status:

Single

Children:

Just me. :)

Occupation:

Graphic Designer

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:

1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:

About 30

# of Unopened Sets in Collection:

8

# of LEGO Pieces:

Not sure. Thousands.

# of LEGOfests Attended:

None

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:

None

First LEGO Set:

Samsonite-era basic set

LEGO Dark Age:

1982-1998

First LEGO set after the Dark Age:

6582 Daredevil Flight Squad and red freestyle bucket

Favorite Theme(s):

Star wars, Adventurers (Egypt), Technic,  Classic space, castle

Favorite Set(s):

497 Galaxy Explorer (nostalgia)   7150 Y-wing/TIE Fighter (Current)

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):

X-wing pilot minifig or classic white space guy

Set/theme you would like to see:

SW Endor Base with landing platform, shield generator, bunker, AT-ST,
and Rebel, Ewok and Stormtrooper minifigs

Current LEGO Project:

Star wars Tydirium Shuttle and AT-ST

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Um, I disturb all my friends with my love of lego. :)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

Techno music/raves, graphic design, movies, books

From: echodown@nospam.hotmail.com (Patrick Gaskill)
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 00:11:28 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Patrick Gaskill
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1980
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: Virginia, USA
E-mail Address: echodown@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): www.tidalwave.net/~gaskill
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Occupation: Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: March 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~30
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: Beats me... a big Rubbermaid container full
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: A Universal Building Set in a white box, I think
LEGO Dark Age: 1992-1999
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 6580 Land Jet 7
Favorite Theme(s): Star Wars, Blacktron I
Favorite Set(s): 4170 X-Wing, 8880 Super Car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): SW Lightsabers
Set/theme you would like to see: A-Wing
Current LEGO Project: Rebuliding my old sets, esp. 8880

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I was proud of building that 8880
	the first time around.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Nowadays? Wrestling, sketch comedy,
	falling victim to SW hype

From: josh120@aol.com (Josh120)
Date: 14 May 1999 01:24:37 GMT

Name:  Josh Opotzner
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1985
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 9
Location:  Connectucut
E-mail Address:Josh120@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none now (oh whine)
Marital Status:  uh...scratch that one and the next.
Children:  See above.
Occupation:  Person who whines about school
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  dunno.  96 maybe?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: about 180
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1
# of LEGO Pieces:  too many(as my dad would say)
# of LEGOfests Attended: none.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:Sure!Rub it in!

First LEGO Set:  Bucket.
LEGO Dark Age:none
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:see above
Favorite Theme(s): 1,Pirates, 2,SW, 3,Town
Favorite Set(s):  Skull's Eye Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): pirate things like guns, swords, gold, masts,
sails, figs.
Set/theme you would like to see: None.  I cringe when I think of new pirates.
YUCK.
Current LEGO Project:  raising $500 to buy a SES

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  LEGO Web Team member e-mailed me.  Person to pay
the most for a SES ($500!)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  money, breathing, shooting every darn moving see
with a shooting cannon. (I need to wash the cannon balls sometimes after
nailing a few ants or something)

Josh O.

The Rec.Toys.Lego:"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and
villainy."
They gave us two astromechs and no threepio! "It wasn't my fault sir.  Please
don't deactivate me!  That meddling srap pile!  He tricked me."

From: Salvador Paja <sal@mamba.ece.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 01:48:31 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:Sal Paja
Gender:Male
Year of Birth:1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:Depends on situation
Location:California Bay Area
E-mail Address:sal@ece.ucdavis.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:Engaged
Children:  1
Occupation: student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:0
# of LEGO Pieces:?
# of LEGOfests Attended:0:(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0:(

First LEGO Set:some basic freestyle set
LEGO Dark Age:highschool (regret..regret)
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:Wolfpack tower
Favorite Theme(s):Castle, SW, Cops, Ninjas, Cavalry, soldier stuff.
Favorite Set(s):The first couple of castle mini-fig sets (You got 6 figs
	in one set). King's castle, Original trilogy SW.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): A knight w/ a breastplate and visor,
	Sumurai, Ninja, Qui-gon Jinn (so far for SW)
Set/theme you would like to see: Never stop Castle, change the emblems
on the shields or whatever, but NEVER stop Castle, Any soldier type stuff,
More historical themes, More town stuff, promotional stuff like Star Trek,
video game characters, ....etc.
Current LEGO Project:  Trying to graduate so that I can get a job,
accumulate as many pieces as some of you guys, and build....build...build.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Still working on it.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  My family, hockey, action figures,
	electrical engineering, I guess

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net