The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 35

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Michael Peters" <mikep@shlrmoc.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:09:33 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Mike Peters
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Between 12 and 14
Location:  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
E-mail Address: mikep@gis.shl.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  None (and absolultely no chance of any in the future... woohoo!)
Occupation:  Computer prostitute
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  October 26, 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  25
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  Thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Space scooter.
Favorite Theme(s):  Space
Favorite Set(s):  Classic space
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Small tools, utensils.  Yellow space guy,
attaching an antenna to the head of minifig (without the helmet on)
Set/theme you would like to see: Mundane office theme (minifigs changing
toner cartridges and clearing paper jams etc.) Club 54 pickup scene,

Current LEGO Project: Desperately seeking Mindstorms!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I have almost all of the 1978 - 1983 space
lego, with boxes.  I must have them all!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Dance clubs, techno/industrial music

From: Pete Clarke <ashanti@bestweb.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 06:57:13 -0500

Name: Peter Clarke
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1979
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  9
Location: Mt.Vernon NY
E-mail Address:ashanti@bestweb.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status: single
Children: none
Occupation:  Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  June 98(on net since 1996)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:maybe 20,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Maybe when I actually have some real money:)

First LEGO Set:  Some little classic space recon vehicle from 1985
Favorite Theme(s):  Town,Town and The Shutle stuff. Lego is going down for this
 Town Jr. Crap!!
Favorite Set(s):  Shuttle Transcon 2, Imagine Celebration Truck
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron 1 guy.
Set/theme you would like to see:  Some real stuff in Town. No more Police
 Stations/Fire Houses and race tracks, please.
Current LEGO Project: The rebuilding of my town (New Bedford Falls).
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: RPGs,Fantasy Sports
Dark Ages: 1987-1997 I went into because there was no space for my
 town, so I had to take it apart. This killed me and I stopped
 buying/building. After seeing some of the great towns out there on
 the web last, I was ready to build again.  Thankfully almost all my
 pieces were still in the storage closet..

From: "Tom G." <tegwilym@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 00:33:05 -0800

Name: Tom Gwilym
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Uh.....24.5!
Location:  Seattle
E-mail Address: See message header
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Single ......very single.
Children:  I consider my pet rabbit as my kid.
Occupation:  Computer technician
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  October 30,1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Many
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  Thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 -- LEGOLAND IN BILLUND DENMARK!!!!!
Yeah!!!  Been there 2 or 3 times as a kid!

First LEGO Set: One of those boxed of the old fashioned square parts
Favorite Theme(s):   Expert Builder (at least that is what they used to call
them!)
Favorite Set(s):  Classic space
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  The little electric motor!
Set/theme you would like to see: Airport!  No, I always built airports when
I was a kid.

Current LEGO Project: Nothing right now.  I have been drooling on the
Mindstorm web site - that has renewed my Lego interest!  Hey, isn't that
Mindstorm thing an Adult toy anyway?  At $200, I expect it to be!
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Been to the REAL Legoland in Denmark - I
haven't seen anyone here that has.  Favorite displays there - the Saturn V
rocket and the Lego airport.  Does anyone know if those are still there?  I
assume they have been rebuilt into a space shuttle or something.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, computer games, building computers,
airplanes, teaching people to fly airplanes (flight instructor), surfing the
internet.

From: "Trooper 7031" <twisdom@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1 Nov 1998 17:57:13 GMT

Name: Trooper 7031 (not my real name)
Gender: Male
Birth Date: 1986
Age: Figure it out
Pieces in collection: I dunno, probably like 5,000-10,000 or so
Sets (all opened): About 200
Fav Theme: Probably Star Wars or Rock Raiders (I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
AHHHHHH!!!!)
First Set: Um, probably that old 4.5v Train set. You know, the one with the
kinda classic steam engine?
Ok, so I haven't said much, but that's all the important stuff.

From: xay <xaydemon@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 20:34:50 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:Dallas N. Hardy
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1979
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location:  Osceola,Iowa, USA
E-mail Address: xaydemon@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):(just begining)
http://members.theglobe.com/xay1/default.html
Marital Status:  single
Children:  None
Occupation: inbetween jobs
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  0ct. 98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: unknown
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1
# of LEGO Pieces:  too many to count
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: unknown first set i remember super nova 2
Favorite Theme(s):  Space
Favorite Set(s):   blacktron 1
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): the black knight, ufo, blacktron 1
Set/theme you would like to see:     Army of Darkness castle theme.
sets:
1)Ash on horse with armor,red cape, chainsaw hand, and metal hand.
2) Ash  with armor,red cape, chainsaw hand, and metal hand in death coaster
car.and skelotons  to run over
3)Evil Ash with armor, sword,crossbow in a grave yard set
4)Arthur and 4 of his army
5)henrey the red and 4 of his army
6)the windmill with afew trees around it with 2 Ash figs one without metal hand
with evil grin
 7)of course arthurs castle  with pit and the bookof the dead and a small army
from all  groups

or living dead theme hehehehehe
Current LEGO Project: making my page
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none yet
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: horror movies, mp3 files,painting on computer.,
games

From: Max P <max@pomb.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 00:48:15 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Max Phippeny
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  flips from 40 to 10
Location:  Austin, Texas
E-mail Address: max@pomb.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Attached
Children: only me
Occupation:  Videographer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  9/98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:   maybe 20
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:   Why leave a set unopened?
# of LEGO Pieces:  8000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:   0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set: Galaxy Explorer
Favorite Theme(s):  Classic Space
Favorite Set(s):  497
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Skeletal Space fig in crashed 497
Set/theme you would like to see: U.S.S. Defiant
Current LEGO Project:  Mindstorms everywhere

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computer Animation, Ancient History

From: esben_kolind@excite.com
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:55:00 PST

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)
Last updated on Dec. 18, 1996

Name:  Esben Kolind
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1983
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  15
Location:  Copenhagen, Denmark
E-mail Address: Esben_Kolind@mailexcite.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.ek.find.dk
Marital Status:  not married
Children:  none
Occupation:  none
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  nov 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  260>
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 3
# of LEGO Pieces:  A lot!
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 2 (Billund & Windsor)

First LEGO Set:  Police car (6623)
Favorite Theme(s):  City, especially train
Favorite Set(s):  trainwagon (4547)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  none
Set/theme you would like to see: Metro-lego?
Current LEGO Project:  Office building

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  %

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Soccer, piano, choir

From: lerchj@uni-duesseldorf.de (J"urgen Lerch)
Date: 1 Dec 1998 19:19:10 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: J"urgen Lerch
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1964
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13/very active
Location: Ratingen/Germany
E-mail Address: lerchj@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://sunserver1.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~lerchj/
 (German only, sorry)
Marital Status: single
Children: none
Occupation: student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: about 1995, on & off

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: about 130 [depends on how you count]
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: UNopened sets??? You must be joking!
# of LEGO Pieces: about 17000 (estimated)
# of LEGOfests Attended: (what's a LEGOfest?)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: #318, Windmill (IIRC)
Favorite Theme(s): Space, Castle
Favorite Set(s): Time Cruisers (they're SO weird!)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): the normal 2x4x1 brick
Set/theme you would like to see: the american-only themes in Europe, too
Current LEGO Project: none/a Space-RPG setting

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: building D&D settings with LEGO

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Roleplaying, SF/Fantasy (Perry Rhodan!),
 computer (AMIGA), model trains (N)

                     Ad Astra!
                     JuL

--
lerchj@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de  /  Never disturb a dragon, for you will
J"urgen ,,JuL'' Lerch         /  be crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

From: "optikal" <optikal@fall0ut.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:13:21 -0500
  UNCENSORED Newsgroups.

Name: Jeremy Lane
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1983
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: about 11 or so
Location:  Delaware, USA
E-mail Address: condor@animorphers.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  single
Children: none
Occupation: High School student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: almost a month

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  HAH! Like I know. a lot though
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces: A whole heap of a whole ot of heaps
# of LEGOfests Attended: One, traveling truck in Baltimore
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set:  Can't remember, but it was most likely one of the Futuron
sets
Favorite Theme(s):  I loved Blacktron II and am now a big fan of Ninja. I
also like the older Police sets.
Favorite Set(s):  Too many to say, One of my favorites that I never was able
to get is 6625.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Minifig heads I like: The Unitron guy with
VR glasses, Aquashark guy with hanging brown hair (looks mean)
Set/theme you would like to see: Dinosaurs and Marvel stuff.
LEGO Project:  "Future home"
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Hmm... 4 of my transformers were featured on
Lego-Bot Headquarters. www.geocities.com/legobots
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  I am a major fan of Star Wars and Star Trek:
The Next Generation. I also like Beast Wars: Transformers. (the shows
mostly)

From: "Diesel" <diesel24@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:15:23 -0800

Name:  Jeff Minhas   (Diesel)
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1981
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  17 (normal)
Location:  Orange Co., CA
E-mail Address:   diesel24@earthlink.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  none
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: August '98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 110
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None (Are you kidding?)
# of LEGO Pieces: 30,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: None (Whats a LEGO fest???)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None (but I will soon with the new one in
Cali)

First LEGO Set:  Roughly, Space Dart-1 #6824 (one of the oldest I remember
but I have a bunch of old town sets and the King's Castle as well )

Favorite Theme(s):  BLACKTRON 2  !!!!!!!!  (Sweeeeet as they come. Other
faves are Spyrius, Ice Planet, M-Tron, and Space Police II) Castle, Pirates,
and Aquazone look cool but I cant buy them all.

Favorite Set(s):      6988 Alpha Centauri Outpost,     6851 Tri-Wheeled
Tyrax,      6981 Aerial Intruder (I have 2!),    6984     Galactic Mediator,
6973 Deep Freeze Defender,     6989 Mega-Core Magnetizer,       6990 + 6991
look amazing but too expensive online.

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):     2x1 rocket brick with two studs on both
long sides and on top, one stud on front side, and extension in back. I put
a 1x1x1 transparent cone on the front and a 1x1 transparent circle on the
back for a missile. I color code them along with the space series and make a
ton of warheads. Space Police 2 and Blacktron 2 mini-figs are great

Set/theme you would like to see:   continuation of futuristic space themes
like the ones from Futuron through Exploriens (M-Tron, Space Police 1 + 2,
Blacktron 1 + 2, Spyrius, Unitron, and Ice Planet 2002), NONE of those
recent space tangents like U.F.O., StarWars, and RoboForce!

Current LEGO Project:      Blacktron 2 / SP 2 / Ice Planet / Spyrius /
Exploriens / M-Tron WARS!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:    No fame, but I built an entire Star Trek
fleet of various ships. I had the U.S.S. Defiant (My best model),
Galaxy-Class U.S.S. Enterprise-D, Intrepid-Class U.S.S. Voyager, Space
Station Deep Space Nine (form not true to actual one), Cardassian
Galor-Class Warship ( #2 ),   2, count em 2 Romulan D'Derix-Class Warbirds,
a Klingon Vor'cha-Class Attack Cruiser, 2 Klingon B'Rel-Class Birds-of-Prey,
and 2 Jem Ha'dar Fighters. I also made a small Star Wars fleet of an X-Wing,
TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, and Darth Vader's prototype TIE

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:    Volleyball, Basketball, weight lifting, C++
Programming, PCs in general, Transformers: Beast Wars, Star Trek, Star Wars,
WWF / WCW wrestling, Rap Music, girlfriend, and partying

From: "Jeremy Dailey" <jpdailey@ne.mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 16:21:57 -0500

Name:  Jeremy Dailey
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  varies from 6 to 18
Location:  Marlborough, MA (26 miles from Boston)
E-mail Address: jpdailey@ne.mediaone.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.csh.rit.edu/~dailey  (it's old,
not-LEGOized)
Marital Status:  almost engaged, need to buy my girlfriend the
way-overpriced diamond ring
Children:  not now, maybe when I'm 30
Occupation:  overworked Unix System Administrator for a major defense
contractor
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  September 1998?  (I lurked for a while)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  currently around 40, plus what I can
reconstruct from my early childhood years...
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  none except for the Christmas presents
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea, somewhere probably near ten thousand
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0  (honeymoon perhaps?)

First LEGO Set:   some DUPLO set in 1978 that my parents bought me, but
really it was the 1983 tri-pack w/#6623, #6624 and #6611 that started it all
off.
Favorite Theme(s):  Town (the real stuff, not Town Jr.), Trains, Divers
Favorite Set(s):  #4558, #4546, #6559, #6606, anything train and
construction related
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  piece - construction worker warning sign,
minifig - train worker (early 90s ones)
Set/theme you would like to see:  the real Town line to come back!, an
updated #6383, more train stuff
Current LEGO Project:  re-assembling my childhood collection, designing a
more modern version of #6383, figuring out how to use LDraw...
Greatest Claims to LEGO Fame:   I owned most of the 1984-1998 US-released
Town sets before adolescence set in.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  hockey (college & professional), rollerblading,
ice skating, football, exploring New England, bicycling

-Jeremy.

From: jwest@frii.com (Jim West)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:48:50 GMT

Name:  Jim West
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  15
Location:  Colorado Springs
E-mail Address: RTL@jameswest.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.jameswest.com/lego/
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  3
Occupation:  Senior Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Off and on for the last four years.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  100+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: You're kidding, right?
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: None to date.  What's a LEGO fest?
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None to date.

First LEGO Set:  I bought a box of pieces (about 800) from a friend
down the street in Fairbanks Alaska for $10.  I was 8.
Favorite Theme(s):  TECHNIC
Favorite Set(s):  TECHNIC RULES!  The control center, and Super Car
are my favorites.  Haven't opened my Mindstorms yet. (Christmas)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Love those gears!
Set/theme you would like to see: X-Files might be cool.
Current LEGO Project:  Off Shore Oil Rig

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:   Motorized Coin Sorter / Piggy Bank

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Family, Pinball (I collect the real
machines), computers, Playstation.

From: o4amuse@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:50:52 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Jim Johnson
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12, loves Legos long time
Location:  Northern VA
E-mail Address: o4amuse@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Not yet
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  0
Occupation:  Writer/Editor
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~300
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  None!
# of LEGO Pieces:  20k +
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Coast Guard set from '70s.  Don't know the #.
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Adventurers
Favorite Set(s):  Uh...can't think...too...many sets!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Too many to count
Set/theme you would like to see: Star Wars!
Current LEGO Project:  Sorting right now; future projects on hold...Possibly a

Valley of the Kings tomb, maybe a mini-fig scale pyramid, maybe some SW
stuff...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Won the 1987 Rhode Island/Massachusetts "Biggest
space ship with the most attachments and gizmos possible without falling to
pieces when you pick it up" contest.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Community theater, acting, writing, stage combat
(sword fighting and hand to hand), Star Wars, Star Trek, violin, music
--
It's so wizard!

From: lanning@iei.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:47:38 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Brian Lanning
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13
Location:  Indianapolis, IN
E-mail Address:  lanning@iei.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  in flux
Marital Status:  Marries
Children:  4
Occupation:  some kind of computer consultant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  about a year and a half

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  > 200
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: > 50
# of LEGO Pieces:  > 20,000 (3 4'x2'x1' bins, plus unopened)
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0 missed billund by 50 miles :-(

First LEGO Set:  The yellow crane with red and blue flatbed truck
Favorite Theme(s):  castle, japanese, town, paradisa, technic, train,
mindstorms, pirate
Favorite Set(s):  supercar, pizza to go, hot rod club, metro station
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  ball and socket technic, flex system, train
windows
Set/theme you would like to see: Japanese ship with oarsmen, more pirates,
star wars, better town, more spare parts packs.
Current LEGO Project:

Model team big rig.  Keeping the dog from eating pieces.  Finding more room
for my legos.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Once took second place in a building contest in
japan.  Lost to a walking boat.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computer, cars, kids, cats, dogs, sleep.

From: sj@io.com (Steve Jackson)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:09:11 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Steve Jackson
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1953
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  If you don't grow up by the time
you're 30, you don't have to.
Location:  Austin. TX
E-mail Address: sj@io.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.io.com/~sj
Marital Status:  single
Children:  Just me.
Occupation:  Game designer and publisher.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dunno. 1996?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Lots.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Several.
# of LEGO Pieces:  Heaven only knows.
# of LEGOfests Attended: None.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Walked past the one in the UK.

First LEGO Set: Given to me by parents many, many years ago. Might have
been the gears, which I still have; might have been something else.
Favorite Theme(s):  Pirate
Favorite Set(s):  Skull's Eye Schooner, Black Seas Barracuda, Imperial
Trading Post
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  It would be hard to say . . .
Set/theme you would like to see: More Pirates
Current LEGO Project:  The Pirate Game

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Probably running the Pirate Game at conventions
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Games, water gardening, dinosaurs

--

Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
Learn Web or die - http://www.sjgames.com/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:46:11 -0500
From: Aasen <Aasen@toast.net>

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Barry Ruffner
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Somewhere between 5 and 12
Location: MI, US
E-mail Address: Aasen@toast.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.truzzi.com/lego/
Marital Status: Single
Children: 0
Occupation: Delphi Programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Oct. 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 6
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0 that would be too difficult
# of LEGO Pieces: ??
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: A nifty set i found at a garage sale when i was 7 it
had at least 30 sets in it for about 20$
Favorite Theme(s): Dark Castle
Favorite Set(s): Mindstorms
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Roof Tiles/ George - He Guards the
castle
Set/theme you would like to see: A Bridge set
Current LEGO Project: a Lego Lift Device to tread legos into a mill
and    separate them into there respective sizes and colors with the RCX

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: RCX Creator a programming tool for
mindstorms

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Programming, Bladin, Visiting parks,
Disc    Golf, Cross-country driving.

:)
Aasen/Barry R./Me

From: "S.Bonsma" <S.Bonsma@chem.rug.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:51:31 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Sybrand Bonsma
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Between 8 and 22
Location: The Netherlands
E-mail Address: S.Bonsma@chem.rug.nl
LEGO/home page URL(s): FABULAND homepage:
http://members.tripod.com/~Sybrand_Bonsma/fabu1eng.html
(last word contains one as: fabu-one-eng.html

Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Occupation: Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: June 1998 I think

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 40 Fabuland sets, probably about 40 other
LEGO sets
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1
# of LEGO Pieces: I have no idea, me and my brother have a very large
bag full of LEGO bricks, but how many pieces are in it ??
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (Billund when I was 7 or 8 years old)

First LEGO Set: Probably set 341 Fabuland Cottage
Favorite Theme(s): Fabuland
Favorite Set(s): The Fabuland Hospital, a Town Fire engine from about
1983 (Sorry, don't know the setnumber),6622 Postmen on motorcycle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Fabuland Mouse and the minifigure in
set 6360 (Weekend Cottage)
Set/theme you would like to see: Reoccurence of Fabuland and normal
Town
Current LEGO Project: Collection ALL Fabuland sets (The intention is
present, now waiting for the money to do so :)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Made a homepage especially for Fabuland

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Bicycling, computer, puzzles

Dark ages: 1990-1996

From: danielmi@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Miller)
Date: 16 Dec 1998 01:49:27 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Daniel O. Miller
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: My inner child ate my outer adult and
	became my Outer Child.
Location: Purdue U, Idiana, and Phoenix, AZ
E-mail Address: danielmi@expert.cc.purdue.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): None as yet.  For a while I was thinking of putting
	up a shrine to the Bungee Blaster to get some frames experience.
Marital Status: Single
Children: I just have a roomate.  Does that count?
Occupation: Full time student, soon to be rocket scientist (no kidding!)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: late 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: I don't even know.  Big ($20+), maybe twenty
	or so.  Little sets and just parts, I couldn't say.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Zilch.  Lego sets are to be opened and
	played with, not speculated on.
# of LEGO Pieces: 10,000?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: A story here:  When I was 4 or 5, our house burned.  All
	my baby toys melted into colorful blobs.  That night we stayed
	at a motel, and Dad bought my and my little sister a box of
	Duplo blocks.  I sort of remember it was a carton with a spout
	on the side (like instant potatoes).  Anyone know the set number?
Favorite Theme(s): I love Space the best, and I don't think it's
	deteriorated at all.  The Warp Wing Fighter and the Insectoid
	cricket rover are great sets.  I'm also partial to Pirates,
	and given my projected life's work I'm going to have to collect
	all these new launch command sets even if they are a little
	corny.
Favorite Set(s): Tossup.  I love my Black Seas Barracuda, and I have
	the real-looking Town space shuttle (1682), but I also covet
	my sister's M-Tron rover and airport.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): I would have to say the Classic Space
	3-way thruster piece.  Not too useful, but awfully cool-lookin'.
Set/theme you would like to see: I'd like to see a "classic" line where
	selected sets are reissued.  Like the ones I missed...
Current LEGO Project: I see a MindStorms in my future, but such plans
	are on hold pending graduation and a steady paycheck.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Creator of the Lego Mechwarrior home page.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Painting, music composition, writing, model

--
Daniel "Dan'l" Miller                Senior, School of Aeronautics and
danielmi@expert.cc.purdue.edu        Astronautics, Purdue, Indiana

From: chris@capricorn.bc.ca (Chris Sturges)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 21:57:29 GMT
  Discussions start here!

Name:  Chris Sturges
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13 or so(Active!)
Location:  Vancouver, B.C.
E-mail Address: Chris@Capricorn.bc.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s):  under construction
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  Andrew(5) and Richard(3)
Occupation:  Computer Game Developer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  early 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  55
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  15(until Christmas anyways...)
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~9000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  1
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:   Alpha One Rocket Base
Favorite Theme(s):  Early Space
Favorite Set(s):  Beta-1 Command Base, Galaxy Explorer
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  simple grey wing(space)
Set/theme you would like to see:  Star wars...
Current LEGO Project:  Identifying and rebuilding a bunch of sets from
a large misc lego box....(Its a treasure hunt!)

Greatest Claims to LEGO Fame:  Beta tested Mindstorms

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  RPGs, Computer Games, SF, Skiing,
		Movie SPFX...

From: Mark Koeberl <icestorm@inwave.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 19:37:38 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Mark Koeberl
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  9 1/2
Location:  Janesville, WI
E-mail Address: icestorm@inwave.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  na
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  2 nieces, 1 nephew
Occupation: Warehouse worker
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dec. 98.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Unknown: Mostly small sets.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2, but I now plan to increase that.
# of LEGO Pieces:  several thousand? 3-12 gallon bins and counting.
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set:  (In current era) 6894 Blacktron I (Intended as gift to my
niece, but it seemed to nice, er, too complicated for her. :))
Favorite Theme(s):  Space and Castle
Favorite Set(s):  6894, 6886
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Blacktron I minifig, easily.
Set/theme you would like to see: Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5
Current LEGO Project:  Rough Man-o-war. Currently has 3 tall masts, 1 short
mast, stern- and forecastle, crew of 49 armed with castle/pirate theme
weapons shields and helmets, 34 prisoners below deck(including 6 Mega Blok
Vikings), with motorized propellors. Thinking of extending it out to over
four feet with 4 large masts. Then, to build a dock. :)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  A toy chest from hell for my neices and
nephew. Filling a Rubbermaid chest up to the top with various lego sets(over
100 so far, mostly small). Still filling it. :) The kids complain about not
being able to find a part when it's in a small box in front of them. This
chest could take them months to sort out. It took this for my sister to
finally appreciate my warpped sense of humor.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  None come to mind. :)

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net