The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 34

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Maria W. Campbell" <maria.w.campbell@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 3 Oct 1998 03:17:32 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Maria W. Campbell
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1957
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location:  Newport News, VA
E-mail Address: maria.w.campbell@worldnet.att.net
LEGO/Home page URL(s): None (as yet)
Marital Status: Married
Children:  2 (Twin boys)
Occupation:  Educator and Systems Analyst
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: March 1998
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Dozens
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None!
# of LEGO Pieces:  > 50,000
# of LEGO Fests Attended: 3
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0
First LEGO Set:  I don't remember the Set #, but it's a 'Tiny Red Truck'.
It sits on my desk to this day  :-)
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Space,  Race, Town
Favorite Set(s):   Technic, Mindstorms, Insectoids
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 8880 Super Car (of course)!
Set/Theme you would like to see: REAL Town sets, more Technic stuff
Current LEGO Project: Finishing 'Our Town'
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Was the 'Master Builder' of my block when
I was a kid.. (No Lie)!
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Cars, Motorcycles, Music, Pets,
People

maria.w.campbell@worldnet.att.net

"We are the sum total of everything we eat, see,
learn, and experience"......Nolan Bushnell

From: "Charles G. Opper III" <oppercha@peachnet.campus.mci.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 00:43:31 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Charles G. Opper III aka C-3
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14yrs and creative as ever
Location:  Savannah, GA
E-mail Address: C_3@email.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.geocities.com/~c3
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Student/Web Developer/Computer Lab Technician
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: > 20
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: > 1000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 6870 Space Probe Launcher
Favorite Theme(s): Space, Town, Castle
Favorite Set(s): 6870, 6973
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Classic Space figs
Set/theme you would like to see: Sports Oriented themes
Current LEGO Project:  Space City Sol Galaxia (TM)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  The OLU (Opper Lego Universe (TM)), Lego Hero
Teams, and much more to come.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Comic Collecting, Music, Software Engineering,
Web Development

From: dbulkley@SeriousCollector.com (dbulkley)
Date: 05 Oct 1998 12:24:27 PDT

Name:  					Derick Bulkley
Gender:  				M
Year of Birth:  				1965
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  	16
Location:  				San Francisco, CA
E-mail Address:				dbulkley@SeriousCollector.com
Hompage/URL:				None, yet
Marital Status:  				S
Children:  				0
Occupation:  				Entrepreneuer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  			1/97
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  		300 +/-
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:		100
# of LEGO Pieces:  			Tens of Thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended:		0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:		0
First LEGO Set:  			hand-me-down,w/coloredgears
Favorite Theme(s):  			Town, Train, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  			super car, airclaw rig,
Metroliner, monorails, metrostation, BBR, metro parkinging garage

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  		4 speed transmission
Set/theme you would like to see: 		gantry crane, 2-legged
walker, hydraulics, more new trains.

Current LEGO Project:  			trains
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  		crane will lift my 5 LB
Godzilla
Comments: 				I HATE TOWN JR.!!!!

From: "Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 23:21:45 -0700
  http://ba.dsm.org

Name:  Tom Stangl
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  9max
Location:  CA
E-mail Address: LEGO@vfaq.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://people.netscape.com/toms/
Marital Status:  M
Children:  None
Occupation:
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dec 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Only 200 or so?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 40 or so
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~15-25,000 ?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 1
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Too long ago to remember
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Race
Favorite Set(s):  8880, 8480, 6538, 6648 (Mag Racer), 5581, 5550
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Pistons/engines
Set/theme you would like to see: STAR WARS, Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek

Current LEGO Project:  Trading parts for projects

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Started the S@H Special RTL postings,
proliferated Wants/Trades Web pages

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Cars, cars, cars, computers, and cars

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/

Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 00:02:34 -0700
From: "Justin M. Kopp" <jmkopp@projsolutions.com>

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Justin M. Kopp
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Fairport, NY / Amherst, MA
E-mail Address:  jmkopp@student.umass.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  n/a
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:Systems Analyst/Web Author/Network Administrator/Microsoft
Backoffice
    Programmer(It's a small company)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Aug 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 500
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  zero
# of LEGO Pieces:  I don't *want* to count that high
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set: I think I actually received several Classic Space sets
all at once.
Favorite Theme(s):  Classic Space and Town before about 1992 (especially
the planes!)
Favorite Set(s):   6980 Galaxy Commander ( I begged for 4 monts to get
this set for Christmas)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see: Star Wars - have been waiting since
about 1985 for it
Current LEGO Project: Acquiring missing Classic Space sets and adding to
my town with older Town sets

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I won a local building contest held by a
really neat toy store.  My victorious
    creation was a 6368 Jet Airliner which I expanded to seat 4
'pilots'.  Also, it was armed to the teeth with
    vairous missles, guns and bombs.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Soccer, Baseball, Computer (see occupation),
Physics and chemistry.  I am
    also a budding race car driver.

From: olsone@interport.net (Erik Olson)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 01:38:49 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Erik G. Olson
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  reliving 10 which was a Good Lego Year
Location:  Queens, NY
E-mail Address: olsone@interport.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.users.interport.net/~olsone/fortuna.html
Marital Status:  NLSO who is slightly impressed
Children:  none
Occupation:  Risk analyst, computer guy
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  lurking as far back as 1989
Dark Ages: 1985-1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Lost count. A hundred more lately. 30 old ones.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 10 to 20. I lost track.
# of LEGO Pieces: I guess 20,000, rising quickly. Going for gobs, or 100,000.
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  A fire truck about 1974.
Favorite Theme(s):  Yellow Castle. How about those brick horses.
Favorite Set(s):  Um, Yellow Castle? Also Coast Guard Station. Nothing too
recent. No wait! My favorite set has to be the 5 piece "Duck" polybag
(yellow 2x2, 2x2 eye, 2x4, red 2x3 plates.) It sits on my monitor at work.
People drop by and build new ducks. It's incredible what you can do with 5
pieces. Make one today!

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  My favoritest one piece is the 1x4x2
grille fence. In blue if possible.
Set/theme you would like to see: More genuine brick castles! Ancient theme!
Current LEGO Project:  Hmm... see fortuna.html above

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Not well known, but I put running water
in a house

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  ancient coins, philosophy, computer junk, Macs

From: mwl2@psu.edu
Date: 7 Oct 1998 16:57:48 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Michael Wescott (WES) Loder
Gender: Male
Year of birth: 1945  (yup, old as dirt)
Mental age/Status of Inner Child: Make no claim.
Location: Deer Lake, Pennsylvania USA
E-mail address: mwl2@psu.edu
LEGO/home page URL: none yet.
Marital Status: Yes
Children: Three: Scott, born 1975, Laura, born 1978, Lisa, born 1982.
My daughters were LEGO builders. Both still buy me sets I want--such
good children :-).
Occupation: Academic Librarian
On RTL.ATL Since: At least November 1993 (!)

#of Sets in LEGO Collection: Must be over a thousand by now.
#of Unopened sets in collection: One waiting Christmas (I think).
#of LEGO pieces: Never, never enough, particularly when you start
building Belville scale houses!
#of LEGO fests Attended: None.
#of LEGO theme parks visited: None.

First LEGO set: #110 Basic building set in 1978. Bought for son. Still
have box.
Favorite themes: Trains, some castle series, Belville.
Favorite Sets: Metroliner, Forestmen's Hideout, Pony-Trekking #5854
Favorite Minifig: Dark Forest Maiden.
Set/Theme you would like to see: More lighting possibilities, Medieval
village sets with more females and peasants, Realistic trains with
individual cars and locomotives sold separately, A modular house system
for Belville with fewer blondes. Vehicles for Belville.
Current LEGO project: Finish three-story "Beach house" for my Belville
figures. Figure out a space for Ninja sets. Sigh.

Greatest Claim to LEGO fame: First to wrie up a comprehensive history
of LEGO trains (long outdated). First to write up a history of the
Belville series (endless revisions here).

Other (non-LEGO) interests: Bagpiper, writer, hiker.

From: icbdk@imap1.asu.edu
Date: 8 Oct 1998 21:06:22 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Brian Korn
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: '75
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 7-12 if legoland and 10 - 16 if Technic
Location: Phoenix AZ
E-mail Address: korn@asu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): toasted
Marital Status: not
Children: none that I know of :)
Occupation: telecommunications engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: lurked on and off from about '94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: >100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1 (have not had a chance to open it yet)
# of LEGO Pieces: >50000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: (That I can remember) 6373 Motorcycle Shop (I want
another one.)
Favourite Theme(s): TRAINS!!!!
Favourite Set(s): Metroliner looks like the coolest
Favourite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 9V Points
Set/theme you would like to see: More train stuff
Current LEGO Project: About to start / plan x-mas train display

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Made my own electronic point before reading
Matthew D. Bates page (it is great!!)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Macs, Travel, SciFi, skiing, gambling

<Back to Lerking (at least for now)>

From: gavulab@aol.com (GavulaB)
Date: 10 Oct 1998 18:56:33 GMT

Name:  Brian Gavula
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: I have not given up on childhood just yet.
Location:  Lakewood, WA
E-mail Address:  gavulab@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Just a bunch of toys.
Occupation:  U.S. Army
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Early 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  >175
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  a few
# of LEGO Pieces:  ????
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  None

First LEGO Set: A pre-minifig forklift
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Trains, Castle
Favorite Set(s):  Launch and Load Seaport
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Mary from the "Bill and Mary" Idea Book
Set/theme you would like to see:  a new non-Town Jr. post office, more
restaurants and houses
Sets I'm sick of seeing:  Police and fire stations every 2 years, all Town Jr.
Current LEGO Project:  Hording sets until I win the lottery and buy a house big
enough to build my town.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Basketball, Baseball, Star Wars

From: jb95bppd@aol.com (Jb95bppd)
Date: 18 Oct 1998 16:37:18 GMT

Name:  John Blasingame
Gender:  Male
Year Of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Inner Child is a very active 12
Location:  St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
E-mail Address:  JB95BPPD@AOL.COM
LEGO/home page URL(s):  I wish - I'm not a techie person
Marital Status:  Happily Married (to a non-Lego person)
Children:  Just me :-)
Occupation:  Civil Servant
On R.T.L. (A.T.L.) Since:  June 1998

# of sets in LEGO Collection:  400+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# LEGO Pieces:  Lots (100,000? or more)
# LEGOfests Attended:  0
# LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  1 (Windsor Sept. 1998)

First LEGO Set:  Mail away promo from Crest toothpaste (I think) in 1968.
Don't even know what it was.  My Mom got it for me when I was one and I bet
some of the pieces are still here.
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle by far, Pirate Ships, Classic Space, Trains are my
new love
Favorite Set(s):  6067 Guarded Inn
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Couldn't even guess
Set/theme you would like to see:  Wanted cowboys for years, but we got them.
Would like to see Wild West and Trains get together like 3225 but on a grand
scale
Current LEGO Project:  Reworking 4559 into a real passenger train with working
lights in every compartment (four cars so far)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Biggest LEGO collection on my block

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading, learning about my new Mac, surfing the
web and seeing what other LEGO builders are up to (that's not really non-LEGO,
though), working on my house

From: gotabadz28@aol.com (GOTaBADz28)
Date: 18 Oct 1998 17:06:00 GMT

Name:  James M. Howell (preferably Jim)
Gender:  Male
Year Of Birth:  1979
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14
Location:  Sandusky, OH, USA (Home) Providence, RI, USA (School)
E-mail Address:  GOTaBADz28@AOL.COM
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None, sorry, I hope to in the future
Marital Status:  Happily Single, Cant afford a girlfriend AND lego!
Children:  Myself
Occupation: College Student, Culinary Arts, Johnson & Wales University,
Providence, RI Campus
On R.T.L. (A.T.L.) Since:  Sept 1997

# of sets in LEGO Collection:  300 +
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# LEGO Pieces:  Cant count that high!
# LEGOfests Attended:  None, what are these and where?
# LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  I have no Idea, I have lots of old sets from the mid 80's that
I unfortunately have no instructions or boxes for (thanks Mom!)
Favorite Theme(s):  Race, Town, WW, Exploriens, Astronauts (?), Trains, well
anything Lego I guess!
Favorite Set(s):  6335 Indy transport, and the airplanes and airports from my
childhood that I can no longer build (Thanks again Mom!)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Slopes, and dressy minifigs, and the Chef
minifigs, since I am in culinary training!
Set/theme you would like to see: Euro trains, a train with a cow-catcher, an
inverted rollercoaster, and a 747 or bigger plane with at least 4 seats across.
Current LEGO Project:  Inverted rollercoaster, great plan but the track looks
too bulky

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None really, I met the local lego rep the other
day, I was inquiring about a job with lego.

Hopes for the future:  To become the CEC (Certified Executive Chef) at the CT
lego facilities (executive dining, if they have it!)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Cooking; Metaphysical Studies; Electronic,Euro
Techno and Industrial Music;  Corvettes;  History;  Architecture;  Titanic;
Air and sea travel (first class) (not saying I can afford to fly first class!);
 Accounting;  Driving;  Travel (im going to NYC for the first time in a week,
YEAH!!!);  Religion;  basically anything and everything

From: ssphantom4@aol.com (SSPhantom4)
Date: 19 Oct 1998 00:59:58 GMT

Name: Dan
Gender:  Male
Year Of Birth:  1981
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: i have no idea
Location: erie Pa
E-mail Address:SSPhantom4@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): havent had the time yet... someday i hope
Marital Status:  nope just a g/f im only 17
Children:thank goodness i have none of those at my age. but i do consider all
my mini figs as my children
Occupation: school
On R.T.L. (A.T.L.) Since: may 97 or something like that i might of posted
before that by more then a year, but thats when i actualy started paying
attention to it

# of sets in LEGO Collection: sadly only about 100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  2 and i will lose my will power and end up
opening them soon
# LEGO Pieces: lots.... i dont know
# LEGOfests Attended:  0
# LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 :(

First LEGO Set:  i dont know the name but it was the theme before M-tron, a
sauser like craft with these dark blue windows that fold down with one mini
fig.... well i had a car and some blocks before then but that was the set that
hooked me
Favorite Theme(s):  WW, Pirates, adventurers(i guess i just like that time
frame), castle, then the rest
Favorite Set(s):  fort legorado
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): well when i was little i named like 10 of my
mini figs dan, because they were my favorite, and i guess those ones still are
my favorite, they all are blue town race men
Set/theme you would like to see:  more WW and more good castle like nights and
realistic stuff. bring back the ships!
Current LEGO Project:  my armada, sadly it sucks

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  like the only person in my high school who still
has their legos!

-DAN
a.k.a. SSPhantom4@aol.com

From: Adam <abhoward@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:56:41 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Adam Howard
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location:  Chicago, IL
E-mail Address: abhoward@uop.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Chemical Engineer - Process Controls
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Jan 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  approx. 2000
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: approx. 100
# of LEGO Pieces:  Unknown (at least 5000)
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set:  Fire Station NO.1 (from late 70s)
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Town
Favorite Set(s):  Yellow Castle, Black Seas Barracuda, Robo Force Sets
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  yellow arched window frames w/ white
lattice windows, King from early 80's knight's tournament
Set/theme you would like to see: Classic Roman/Greek:  Amphitheater,
temples, baths, villas, Circus Maximus, Aqueducts, Coliseum, etc.
Current LEGO Project:  Castle/Town, two LDraw doors.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  My Castle and Tower that can be seen in
the
Hall of Fame on Sean's Member's Only page.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Oh geez... Star Wars (everything), Robert
Jordan's Wheel of Time series, Terry Pratchett's Disc World novels,
Frank
Herbert's Dune series, computer programming, Vampires and Werewolves
(big
Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan), drawing world's, classical thru colonial
architecture (especially castle design), world history, Atlantis:
believer,
enthusiast, dreamer..., legends, time travel, writing, social-economic
analysis, tree filled parks, swimming, jumping waves, walks on the
beach,
inner-tubing, rafting, hiking, miniature boxes (smaller than 1"),
glass-blown art (currently di-chromic is my favorite), crystals/gems
(not
new age- primarily emeralds), miniature castles (David Winters, Liliput
Lane, crystal, pewter, etc.), L. Frank Baum and Ruth Plumbly Thompson OZ

books (still missing 25-31), and my Russian Blue (emerald green eyed)
cat
Ema.

From: "Chris Barnes" <cbarnes@nospam.quickcare.com>
Date: 20 Oct 1998 04:13:39 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Chris Barnes
Gender: Male
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: Dallas, Texas
E-mail Address: chris@barnes.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): not yet
Marital Status:  Married
Children: 2
Occupation:  programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  June 98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~35
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2
# of LEGO Pieces: ~20,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  6679 Tow Truck
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  497 Galaxy Explorer, 8844 Helicopter, 8860 Auto Chassis
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  classic space minifigs, classic space
minifig accessories.
Set/theme you would like to see:  more sets like the early 80's
Current LEGO Project:  rebuilding childhood lego collection.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  only kid in my neighborhood with 8860.  No, I
don't have it anymore.  But I am looking to replace it.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  my 2 sons, computing, internet, reading

From: "The Gunslinger" <jguenser@1stop.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:05:52 -0700

Name:  Alex Guenser
Gender:  Male
Year Of Birth:  1985
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  I am my inner child! and probably nine
yrs. with the mind of a 15 yr old.
Location:  Kirkland, WA, USA
E-mail Address:  ruby_dragon@geocities.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://fly.to/dragoncave
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  I'm one of 'em
Occupation:  Student of Kamiatraz
On R.T.L. (A.T.L.) Since:  Sep 1997?
# of sets in LEGO Collection:  No Clue
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# LEGO Pieces:  No Clue
# LEGOfests Attended:  1
# LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0
First LEGO Set:  A multiple-set of a space, castle, town, plane, and
something else, that or either Recon Robot
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Adventurers
Favorite Set(s): Night Lord's Castle (with self-made front yard!)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Octan guy with white octan shirs, green
pants, red hat, face w/ eyebrows
Set/theme you would like to see:  Residential buildings (homes, parks, etc.)
Current LEGO Project:  None
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  EarthBound for Super NES, WarCraft II and
StarCraft on Computer

From: Shawn McMurray <smcmurr@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:16:37 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:Shawn McMurray
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Play like I'm still 8
Location:  Boise, Idaho, USA
E-mail Address:smcmurray@micron.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  not Yet
Marital Status:  Single (but hunting)
Children:  none
Occupation:  Creativity Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  July 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 15 or so
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 5 just because I haven't had time to
open them yet
# of LEGO Pieces:  10000
# of LEGOfests Attended: none unless Lego Camp at Burning Man Counts
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: I wish

First LEGO Set:  The Big Red Lego Container I got it when I was 4ish
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic/Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  I mix the parts it's more fun
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Technic Shocks, Pirate Captain With
the Parrot
Set/theme you would like to see: My 6WD independent suspension car with
universal
    joints in between sections of car.  It's big and cool
Current LEGO Project:  Rendering The Globe Theatre, working on Mountain
Bike
    Components

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I teach mechanical engineering and
architecture using
Legos and am a co-author of Weird Richard's Construction Book.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  I'm an outdoorsman to the max.  Racing
Catamarans,
    Ski Patroling(yes I get paid to ski), Rollerblading, 3D Rendering,
Learning.

I know this is a little behind but I just kinda don't like to fill oout
forms, too much other fun stuff to do....

Shawn

From: Shawn McMurray <smcmurr@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:23:05 -0600
From: barbecue@nospam.earthlink.net (BBQ)
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 21:49:07 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Brian (BBQ) Sauls
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Nashville
E-mail Address: barbecue@spamblock.earthlink.net (remove "spamblock"
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  divorced w/ girlfriend
Children:  2
Occupation:  Chef
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  13 with me, who knows at home.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  7, at least until I move
# of LEGO Pieces:  10 gallons
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  485 Firetruck
Favorite Theme(s):  Classic space, Town
Favorite Set(s):  All of 'em
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Yellow spaceman, for some reason
Set/theme you would like to see:
Current LEGO Project:  buy, buy, buy!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  photography,  reading

From: "Keith and Karen Fainges" <sagatech@bigpond.com>
Date: 27 Oct 1998 08:08:59 +1000

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Keith Fainges
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1964
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Between 2 and 16
Location:  Brisbane, Queensland Australia
E-mail Address: sagatech@bigpond.com.au
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  1 ( And she had Lego from before she was born :) )
Occupation:  Model Maker
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Loads
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2
# of LEGO Pieces: Unknown
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  1970s Tip Truck
Favorite Theme(s):  Aquanauts, Wild West, Adventurers
Favorite Set(s):  Anything I can use for gaming
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Shooting Cannons
Set/theme you would like to see:  Historical Space series
Current LEGO Project:  Rewriting 'The Gunfight at the LG Corral' as 'The
Good,The Bad and the Smiley'
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Getting people to play with Lego figures at a
Wargames Con
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Wargaming, scale modelling

From: jhereg9@aol.comCarrion (Jhereg9)
Date: 27 Oct 1998 19:10:16 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1) Last updated on Dec. 18,

Name:  David Collison
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Around 15 and doing nicely, thank you.
Lego "Dark Ages":  Most of the 90's
Location:  New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
E-mail Address: Jhereg9@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Engineering Consultant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Several (All but two appropriated by 12-year-old
twin sisters)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0 (like I could resist not building
something...)
# of LEGO Pieces: Onsite about 300.  (After my sisters discover boys, probably
4 times that.)
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  No idea, bought a crate of various mixed sets in the 1970s
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic and soon Mindstorm (as soon as I get my grubby
fingers on one)
Favorite Set(s):  Ditto above.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Castle
Set/theme you would like to see:  No idea.  Out of the loop too long.
Current LEGO Project:  Rebuild my collection.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Building a rough robotic arm (sans computer
control) kinda like Armatron for a school project back in the early 80s
(greatest, but not great)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Steven Brust and Anne McCaffrey, Home Improvement
projects, Mid-80's Mustangs, Renaissance Festivals, MERP

Happiness is a dead teckla.

From: The Ghost who Admins <mevans@inficad.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:30:58 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Mike Evans
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  I'm 4 years old.
Location:  Tempe, AZ
E-mail Address: mevans@inficad.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.inficad.com/~mevans
Marital Status:  Single and looking.
Children:  None that I know of *grin*
Occupation:  Professional Computer Geek
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Late 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  2
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  Veritable hundreds
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Either 483 Alpha-1 Base or 493 Command Centre.
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  The old Space ones
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Those little flip-flop hinge things
Set/theme you would like to see: Battle/Space Battle Themes
Current LEGO Project: Collecting Technics. Just assembled Mud Masher

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Made a Car out of a collection of Legos
from about 94 sets that withstood me as a child ramming it into the wall
around 20 times and didn't break. Now THAT'S engineering!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Sci-Fi, reading, Coffee,
Football, and Working out.

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net