The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 32

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "David Lawrence" <steinberger@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 16:04:36 -0500

Name:Heidi Steinberger
Gender: F
Year of Birth:1953
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 35/9
Location: New York
E-mail Address: Steinberger@worldnet.att.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status: Married
Children: 3
Occupation: Artist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50-100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:2
# of LEGO Pieces: between 7-10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set: Didn't have lego as a kid (check YOB).
Favorite Theme(s): Fabuland, Castle, Adventurers
Favorite Set(s): 5918 Scorpion Tracker--small set, Great pieces
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Adventurers car interior/castle maiden
Set/theme you would like to see: Maybe 30s/40s stuff--expand on some of the
adventurers pieces and come up with some sort of retro-town theme.
Current LEGO Project: Finding new hiding places for my collection (my kids
have their own lego--i don't like to share mine--i will when they get
bigger).

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Throwing a cool lego party for my son's 8th
birthday.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Bicycling, drawing, painting, folk dancing,
knitting, sewing, whatever.

From: tsangc@ecf.toronto.edu (Calum Thomas Tsang)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:44:40 GMT

Name:  				Calum Tsang
Gender:  				Male
Year of Birth:  			77
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  	2
Location:  				Toronto, Ontario
E-mail Address:			tsangc@ecf.utoronto.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s):  		www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~tsangc
Marital Status:  			Single, LSO
Children:  				None
Occupation:  				Systems Dev. Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  		It was called ATL.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  	160+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:	5-10
# of LEGO Pieces:  			16000
# of LEGOfests Attended:		1
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:		0

First LEGO Set:  			Galaxy Explorer
Favorite Theme(s):  			Train and Town
Favorite Set(s):  			4558 Metroliner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  	Train people
Set/theme you would like to see: 	Extremely cheap Train hardware
Current LEGO Project:  		Small diesel shunter for 9V

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  		Speaks to TRU managers.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  		Television production.

From: Elf <elf@nospam.intervett.no>
Date: 04 Jun 1998 08:00:35 +0200

Name: Elf
Gender: Male-elf
Year of Birth: 1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 25 (I'll never grow up)
Location:  Oslo, Norway
E-mail Address: elf@intervett.no
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.mo.himolde.no/~elf/
Marital Status:  Girlfriend
Children:  My gf has a son
Occupation:  Programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1995-1996 & 1997-now

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  several hundred
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1 12V lego train motor
# of LEGO Pieces:  thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  A red car with a white camper sometime in the 70's
Favorite Theme(s):  Lego 12V trains, town, classic space
Favorite Set(s):  12 V trains
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 12V lightning brick
Set/theme you would like to see: Improved town and return of 12V trains
Current LEGO Project:  Building a new town around my big train station

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Second place in the norwegian building
			championship in 85

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:   Writing, acting, music and computers

From: Dickinson <markcd@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 21:52:09 -0500

Name: Christopher Dickinson
Gender:Male
Year of Birth:1986
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:12
Location:Derby, KS
E-mail Address:markcd@swbell.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):none (hopefully soon)
Marital Status:single
Children:none
Occupation:nothing, thanks to summer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:Summer 1997, looking for 6973

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:??-around 50
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:0
# of LEGO Pieces:well over 1000
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set:Freestyle set
Favorite Theme(s):Space/Aquazone
Favorite Set(s):6973 Deep Freeze Defender(don't have it yet)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Insectiods/UFOs
Set/theme you would like to see: Collecters edition Lego/Blacktron III
Current LEGO Project:Space Fighters/Holotronian base

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Holotronian Base

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: "Scabbed Monkey" <scabbedmonkey@mailcity.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 17:14:24 -0500
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Matt Findlay
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: The Government hasent told me yet
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Not born yet
Location: Monticello, IL
E-mail Address: ekeneve@pdnt.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: single :(
Children: I dont know how many minifigs I have...
Occupation: Nothing, its summer!
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: bout Feb 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~75
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: ~10-15,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: something basic
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Train, Space
Favorite Set(s): Retrostation!  Car Transport Wagon
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Mail Boxes/letters/packages, train guys
Set/theme you would like to see: Trains(I dont consider the current one
anything but junk)
Current LEGO Project: Building up my town, Fixing up my train

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Most Legos in my area

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers

From: drgrant@ziplink.net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 06:40:29 GMT

Name:  Mike Capone
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1979
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12?
Location:  Massachusetts
E-mail Address: drgrant@ziplink.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Computer Service
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  On and off since 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Unknown, at least 30-40, many
dismantled
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: none
# of LEGO Pieces:  many thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  Motorcycle Shop?
Favorite Theme(s):  Town
Favorite Set(s):
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Guy with black shirt, black hat,
blue pants. Also like the construction equipment I
built...

Set/theme you would like to see: Large Railroad.

Current LEGO Project:  Getting my own place so I can set up
my town again!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
Developing military aircraft and boats from
common sets;  Antiaircraft Guns...   also developed an "open"
large bar/restaurant on one of those giant grey baseplates.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
CB, Scanners,  Ham Radio, shortwave.....   Computers....

From: "John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:02:31 -0500
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  John VanZwieten Jr.
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  9
Location:  Springfield, IL  USA
E-mail Address:john_vanzwieten@msn.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  M
Children:  3 (7,2,1)
Occupation:  Legislative Analyst
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  5/98
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  55
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:0
# of LEGO Pieces:  Never Counted
# of LEGOfests Attended:
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:1 (Denmark)
First LEGO Set:  588 Police Headquarters
Favorite Theme(s):  Classic Space, Space Police 1, M-Tron
Favorite Set(s):  928 Galaxy Explorer
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  1/4 Dome, Turntables/Blacktron 1 Minifig
Set/theme you would like to see: Star Wars, Army
Current LEGO Project:  Star Destroyer
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Wrote letter to Lego just after Star Wars
release suggesting they do a Star Wars theme.  They wrote me back saying
they just don't do that sort of thing:)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  basketball, politics, live jazz

From: "Patrick R. Gili" <pgili@avici.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:49:31 -0400

Name:  Robin Glover
Gender:   Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  urmm...
Location:  Oxfordshire, UK
E-mail Address: robin at met dot rdg dot ac dot uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  married in all but name
Children:  3 cats
Occupation:  University Research Fellow
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  May '98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  unknown (50-100?)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  none
# of LEGO Pieces:  many
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1, windsor

First LEGO Set:  first I can remember clearly was a black/yellow racing car
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic,Train
Favorite Set(s):  4565 Freight train
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  pneumatics
Set/theme you would like to see: boxes of plain bricks/plates again.
 more trains
 #8460? Pnuematic truck left over in a shop
 somewhere...
Current LEGO Project:  Sorting bricks into some sort of order.
 Building train track crossovers
 Trying to find a source of 37.5mm model railway
 track to see if it works with lego trains...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Cycling, Cricket, Computing, Pets

From: "Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 22:56:50 GMT

Name: Suzanne D. Rich
Year of Birth: 1970
Location:  Massachusetts, Cambridge area
E-mail Address: suz@baseplate.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): baseplate.com, lugnet.com, auczilla.com
Marital Status:  engaged to Todd Lehman :-)
Children: cat and garden are enough
Occupation: illustrator, LEGO pusher
On R.T.L Since: 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: a few hundred
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: about a dozen
# of LEGO Pieces:  beyond 100,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: none yet
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: hoping for CA as a honeymoon stop.

First LEGO Set: old Samsonite set, 021
Favorite Theme(s): Train, MOCs, 9v Computer Control LEGO/LOGO
Favorite Set(s): 725, 4552 Cargo Crane, 4554 Metro Sta, 9364 DACTA hosp
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):garage doors, Ice Planet FM head
Set/theme you would like to see: architecture kits, peasant village
Current LEGO Project: drawing up plans for minifig-scale homes based on
classic American domestic architecture.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: My minifigs created their own ISP, Legopolis
Online, for access to the web.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: reading non-fiction (architecture, suburban
planning, biomechanics, ethology), perennial gardening.

From: matthewv@digital.net (Matthew Verdier)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 14:30:01 GMT

Name:                   Matthew Verdier
Gender:                 Male
Year of Birth:          1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:   10 ish
Location:               Orlando, FL, USA
E-mail Address:         matthewv@digital.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://ddi.digital.net/~matthewv/mjvhome.html
Marital Status:         Single
Children:               0
Occupation:             Electrical Engineer/Programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Don't remember exactly, sometime in 94?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:     120, not counting gray brick packs and roof
brick packs
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:                 100,000? hard to estimate once you get past
a certain point
# of LEGOfests Attended:          1 on July 22cd , 1998 at the LIC
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:    0

First LEGO Set:         Don't remember
Favorite Theme(s):      Castle
Favorite Set(s):        5145, gray bricks (I have over 100 brick packs
with 30
more coming on Thursday
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   I hate minifigs, I pretty much just throw
them into a bucket
Set/theme you would like to see:   Brick packs of arches in a variety of sizes
and colors, roof bricks in colors, good quality sets with Greco-Roman
architecture
Current LEGO Project:              My largest Cathedral ever, probably a
total
of 12000 pieces.  I ran out of arches, and the sets with pieces I need to
finish it should show up Thursday

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       Back when conversations were the rule on
RTL and auction annoucments were the exception, we used to talk about what we
would do with 10000 gray 2x4 bricks.  I seem to have some hope of being able
to answer that question soon

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        Architecture, archealogy, ancient
cultures,
studying social trends, drawing, reading, playing computer games, movies, etc.

From: DragonElf1 <dragonelf1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:41:43 -0400

Name:  Jeff Stembel
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1979
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10-12
Location:  Silver Spring, MD, USA (Suburb of DC)
E-mail Address: Dragonelf1@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): None Yet
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  0
Occupation: Student, Part time job with NOAA
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  7/98(Newbie!!)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~300
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  50,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1, Billund

First LEGO Set: a small Basic Set with those old square 1-piece people
Favorite Theme(s):  Town (includes Train), Castle, Adventurers
Favorite Set(s):  6390 Main Street, 6698? RV with Speedboat
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  A knight I fully decked out
Set/theme you would like to see: Residential and Commercial Town Sets,
Ancient OR Adventurers exploring Greek, Roman ruins Etc.
Current LEGO Project: Diver stuff, Town stuff

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Visiting Legoland, Billund

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computer Games, Dungeons & Dragons, Reading

From: chuckcottrill@mindspring.com (Chuck Cottrill)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 06:27:56 GMT

Name:  Chuck Cottrill
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1960
Mental Age/etc: It's never too late to have a happy childhood
Location: Woodstock, Georgia (just north of Atlanta)
Email Address: chuckcottrill@mindspring.com
URL(s): none
Marital Status: married
Children: 3 (born in 1991, 1993, 1997)
Occupation: Software Designer
On R.T.L: since: late 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  250+ sets, 50-100 polybags
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 200+ (no room)
# of LEGO Pieces: boatloads
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:
Favorite Theme(s): castle, pirate
Favorite Set(s):   6024, 6074, 6251
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): piece-sword, minifig-black falcon
Set/theme you would like to see: napoleonic war, revolutionary war,
    WW2, dante's inferno/purgatorio/paradisio, ancients (roman,
    egyptian, greek), dark ages, churches+mosques+temples, tolkien.
    minifigs with elbows and knees, horses with hips, town minifigs
    with grey and blue suits, bring back smileys.  believable hair!
Current LEGO Project:  lego-based wargame for castle, pirate, and
    other 'low-tech' combat.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:   my children, gaming, live action role
    playing, world domination

From: "Laura Crow" <arielle@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:07:03 -0500

Name:  Laura Crow
Gender:  F
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  ????
Location:  Houston, TX
E-mail Address:  Arielle@flash.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.flash.net/~arielle
Marital Status:  happily married :)
Children:  1 cat and 1 husband
Occupation:  High School Teacher
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1994 (?)
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  130+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  30 (give or take a few)
# of LEGO Pieces:  ????
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0  :(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0  :(
First LEGO Set:  6054 - Forestmen's Hideout (Castle)
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle (of course)  :)
Favorite Set(s):  Any and all Forestmen (new and old)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Fright Knight's Witch, Black Dragon
Set/theme you would like to see:  ????
Current LEGO Project:  Organizing, cleaning, and displaying my sets
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  ????
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computer, country dancing, husband

From: Thomas Main <main@conrad.appstate.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 16:16:16 -0500 (EST)

Name:  Thomas Main
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8
Location:  Boone, North Carolina
E-mail Address:  main@appstate.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://main.nc.us/~tmain/brickenplate/
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Library Assistant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  July 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Ever Increasing :)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  Usually under 5
# of LEGO Pieces:  ??
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  A bag of miscellaneous Lego that had belonged to my
sister
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Train, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  7740 Passenger Train, 6399 Airport Shuttle, 398 U.S.S.
Constellation, 6383 Public Works Center
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  2x4 brick
                                  Infomaniac minifig's face
Set/theme you would like to see:  Civic Theme for Town
                                  (Library, Courthouse,
                                   Museum, Public Park)
Current LEGO Project:  Holding Lego auctions, Building a modular Lego
town (big town, small space), Creating a Lego webpage.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Seeing a large "riverboat" model and a
large castle/town model on display at a retailer years ago

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computing, Reading, Outdoors (hiking,
swimming)

From: rwright@pcsedu.com
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:18:59 -0600

Name: Richard Mussler-Wright ( "Weird Richard" )
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1963
Mental age/status of inner child: Infinate
Location: Boise Idaho
E-mail address: rwright@pcsedu.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): www.weirdrichard.com/weird.htm
		       www.pcsedu.com

Marital status: Married to Marlene (also a big LEGO fan).
Children: None.
Occupation: Teacher.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1994 ( off and on lurking about )

# of sets in LEGO collection: About 200
# of LEGO pieces: Not enough.
# of LEGOfests Attended: I have hosted several but none outside the school.

First LEGO set: Technic Power Pack
Favorite theme(s): Anything Dacta...Technics, Town and Country.
Favorite set(s): Dacta Pnuematics.
Favorite Piece(s) Freespinning 16 spur gear...the "old" differential housing,
		translucent light bricks!

Current projects: (1) Replicating all of the Exploratoriums "Illusions"
		exhibits;
		  (2) Build a belly dancing robot
		  (3) A giant Halloween monster
		  (4) Getting the "tootbot" to work ( grr grr ) :(
	          (5) Build a fiberoptic network using Lego elements
		( I have 2 PC interfaces and 30 feet of fiberoptic cable...
		the goal is to type characters and have them recieved and
		on the monitor )
		  and
		  (6) Build an "Art Robot."

( I don't have enough time in the day! )

Greatest claim to LEGO fame: Three (3)...Weird Richard's web site
		complete with 100s of pics and lesson plans for teachers;
		I publish my own "Lego fanzine" out of my home and
		I built a robot arm that could explore Mars!

Other (non-LEGO) interests: Archaeology!!!!...history etc, "art," accordians,
		theater ( I was in two plays last summer ), coffee,
		reading ( I am working on Strindberg's diary right now )
		and of course music ( local band favs: Built to
		Spill, Mosquitones, Godzounds and Caustic Resin ).
		I have more but that will tide you folk over!  ;)

From: Dirk Staatsen <dirk@no-spam.nedlux.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 22:58:14 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Dirk Staatsen
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location: Coralville, IA
E-mail Address: dirk@nedlux.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): www.nedlux.com/lego
Marital Status: engaged
Children: 0
Occupation: web related
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: mid 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 200+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: under 10
# of LEGO Pieces: 30.000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0 (are there any -near- Iowa?)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Billund, DK (and Mall of America ;-) )

First LEGO Set: 648 service station or 605 taxi and probably DUPLO
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Train
Favorite Set(s): 7740 intercity,  6394 Metro Park & Service Tower
(anyone?)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): remote switches (7858 & 7859), road
signs
Set/theme you would like to see: passenger train wagons, wider variety
of town
Current LEGO Project: finding a bigger apartment with a potential LEGO
room so we can finally build our  LEGO city

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: good food and conversation (work to live,
not live to work)

--
remove "no-spam" in e-mail address to reply

From: "mmaje" <mmaje@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 00:04:49 GMT
From: ejlind@fedex.com
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 23:01:44 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:	Eric Lind
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12, or maybe 25
(my designs keep running to the grandiose)
Location:  Colorado Springs, CO
E-mail Address:  ejlind@brain.uccs.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):	http://www.uccs.edu/~ejlind/lego/lego.html
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  college student/Java developer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1997 (off and on)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  too many to count
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:   0, ZERO, ZILCH (I need the pieces, man)
# of LEGO Pieces:  20,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:   None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:   1 (Billund, twice)

First LEGO Set:  Probably some Duplos, but the first I remember is the Yellow
Castle
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle (excluding Fright Knights) and early Pirate
Favorite Set(s):  the Arctic Technic sets (I have all except the mobile base)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  the medieval helmet with a moveable visor
Set/theme you would like to see:  Adventurers expanded to India (tigers,
elephants, do you see the parallel with Indiana Jones here?)
Current LEGO Project:  a Roman temple complete with a dome (I have a 36 stud
diameter dome built, now for the rest of the thing)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

From: "DJA" <dastolfo@NOSPAMglobalserve.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 21:43:41 -0400

Name:  Dave
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8 to 12 years old
Location:  Waterdown, Ontario
E-mail Address: dastolfo@globalserve.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.globalserve.net/~dastolfo
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  Information Systems
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Feb 1998
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  30
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: none at the moment
# of LEGO Pieces:  ???
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  none
First LEGO Set:  Dont remember
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Mindstorms
Favorite Set(s):  Old car with 3 speeds and working engine (not sure of #)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Gears / motors/ pneumatics
Set/theme you would like to see: Robotics (coming with Mindstorms)
Current LEGO Project:  to build a working bicycle shifter mechanism
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Built a front wheel drive with steering
before I ever saw it produced by lego.
else
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Mountain Bike Racing, Computers, Camping,
Swimming, Application Development

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply via email.

From: "Richard" <nospam.richard.dee@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 23:36:57 +0100

Name:  Richard Dee
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  August 5th, 1969 (Its my birthday today!)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8
Location:  England
E-mail Address: nospam.richard.dee@virgin.net (remove nospam dot)
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  About 300 minifigs
Occupation:  Analyst (from September)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  March 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  250+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 6 (but only because I haven't had
         a chance to build them yet!)
# of LEGO Pieces:  45000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Legoland Windsor

First LEGO Set:  A basic set, then 565 Lunar Landing
Favourite Theme(s):  Technic, Space, Football Stadium
Favourite Set(s):  8480 Space Shuttle, 8880 Super Car, Football
Favourite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Skeleton, Imperial Guard,
  Black Classic Space Minifig, England Player #20
Set/theme you would like to see: Robotics, oh, they're doing that!
        more space themes, e.g. LC!
Current LEGO Project:  Deciding which current Lego project to do 1st!
   I am doing quite a few at the moment!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Only the making available the scans of
     the Football Stadium Promo brochure for
     all to see (Thanks Gadget!)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Cinema, Sci-Fi, Travel,

nospam.richard.dee@virgin.net              remove nospam dot
Web Sight: http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                 ICQ 13177071

From: James Aldrich <jaldrich@sparknet.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:14:57 -0500

Name: James Aldrich
Gender: Male, apparently
Year of Birth: 1952
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8/still disturbed
Location: Over by Green Bay
E-mail Address: jaldrich@sparknet.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: generally low
Children: Four daughters (ages 5-28)
Occupation: Dad, Grandpa
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Early 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Unknown; sets are merely parts in a fancy box
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: a dozen or so
# of LEGO Pieces: rather a lot
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set: 6073 Knight's Castle
Favorite Theme(s): Castle
Favorite Set(s): This week, 6081 King's Mountain Fortress; next week,
6071 Forestmen's Crossing
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 2x4 gray brick/Dark Forest man with
brown jack and blue sleeves
Set/theme you would like to see: The Agora/Hellenic Greece
Current LEGO Project: Populating the medieval landscape I haven't yet built

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Found four Metroliners at retail and only
bought three of them

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Historical reenactment; low-tech,
projectile-casting implements of destruction

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net