The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 31

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Jesse Long" <JesseL@hawaii.edu>
Date: 01 May 1998 20:47:48 EDT

Name:  Jesse Long
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of inner child: 35
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
E-mail:  JesseL@hawaii.edu
Lego home page: none
Marital Status: engaged
Children:  none
Occupation:  graduate student, Asian Studeis
On RTL:  1994
# of sets:  250+
# of unopened sets:  2
# of LEGO pieces:  unknown
# of LEGOfests attended: none
# of LEGO theme parks visited: none
First LEGO set: 542 Street Crew
Favorite theme: Town, Train
Favorite set(s): many
Favorite piece/minifig: Blacktron I
Sets/themes that I would like to see: the return of real town sets
Current LEGO project: listing my collection
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: none
Other intrests:  my fiancee, volunteering at the Humane Society, studying
Chinese

From: lehman@visi.com (Todd Lehman)
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 22:48:11 GMT

Name:  Todd Lehman
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12-16
Location:  Boston, USA
E-mail Address:
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.fibblesnork.com, www.auczilla.com
Marital Status:  Engaged to be married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Software Developer & LEGO parts sales
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1993

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~250
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  ~10
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~35,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  late 1960's bucket of some sort

Favorite Theme(s):  Space (Blacktron I, Space Police I, M:Tron, Futuron,
  classic space, Unitron, Spyrius, etc.), Aquazone (Aquanauts, Hyrdonauts),
  Adventurers, Forestmen, DUPLO dinos, Fabuland figs

Favorite Set(s):  6954, 6989, 6941, 6986, 6876, 6886, 6939, 6987, 6925, 6895,
  6769, 5988, 4558, 6080, 6071, 6077, 6074, 2605, 8226, 8417, 6390, 6383, 6285
  Models by Jeremy Sproat, Terry Keller, Eric Brok, Joseph Gonzalez,
  Paul Gyugyi, Ed Boxer, Suzanne Rich, and many, many others

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  all / Blacktron I minifig & UFO minifigs

Set/theme you would like to see:  Heavy construction machinery

Current LEGO Project:  LUGNET; mining colony/space habitat

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  AucZILLA series of auction

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  software projects, drawing, writing,
  extreme-garlic cooking, classic video games

From: jteulon <jteulon@caminos.recol.es>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 20:47:35 -0600

Name:  Javier Teulon Ramirez
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12 aprox
Location:  Madrid, Spain
E-mail Address: jteulon@caminos.recol.es
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.fibblesnork.com, www.auczilla.com
Marital Status:  Even my girlfriend wonders
Children: 0

 Occupation: Civil Engineer
 On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: A couple of months(Jan 1998)
 # of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50 may be more (Castle)
 # of Unopened Sets in Collection: I have tried, but I opened all of them
 # of LEGO Pieces: No idea, I promise I will count them.
 # of LEGOfests Attended: None
 # of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Legoland Windsor (the only visitor that
they without children)

 First LEGO Set: Now, 6022, the first one I had don't remember, the
first I remember, that hospital with the minifigs without arms.
 Favorite Theme(s): CASTLE,CASTLE,CASTLE
 Favorite Set(s): 6086,6074,6067
 Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Black Knights
 Set/theme you would like to see: Medieval town, Roman Empire, anything
before 1500 A.C.
 Current LEGO Project: Waiting for the Dark Forest sets to arrive( The
postmen are on strike here)
 Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Don't tell anybody, but when I was eight I
lost my whole Lego town when moving to a new house.(It was not my fault)

  Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  History, travelling, basketball, eating
while someone cooks...

From: Division of Market Studies <osas@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 07:02:11 -0700

Name: David Zorn
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: NA
Location: Northern VA
E-mail Address: lighthouse@tropicalstorm.com
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2
Occupation: Economist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~25
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: ~5
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: small car back in late 60s/early 70s
Favorite Theme(s): Exploriens, Aquanauts, Divers
Favorite Set(s): 6441, Crystal Explorer
Set/theme you would like to see:
	a) Large Transport Helicopter;
	b) Larger Autos with Side-by-side minifig seating (bigger than
	current Adventurer models);
	c) Jet Fighters
Current LEGO Project: Rebuilding per Instructions rather than own
creations

From: WhatsamattaU@multi.org
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 10:21:25 -0500

Name: Larry Andersen
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1950
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14-16
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
E-mail Address: larry@merge.com (work)  neonglass@earthlink.net (home)
LEGO/home page URL(s): Under construction
Marital Status: Triad
Children: 1 daughter at 27 and one grandson at 2 (Duplo galore)  Wait
until he gets old enough for System!
Occupation: Software engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 40 (Almost all are Technic)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2 (Pirates waiting for granson to age)
# of LEGO Pieces: 20,000+/-
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set: 722 - Universal Building Set (Cars)
Favorite Theme(s): Technic, Trains, Space
Favorite Set(s): 8480, 8880, 8868
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Micromotor
Set/theme you would like to see: Return of the monorails
Current LEGO Project: #5571 Monster Big Rig, display shelving

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Flying (Conventional & Ultralights),
Synthesizers, Computers, camping, polyamory.

From: kelley01@tima.com
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 09:27:49 -0600

Name: Brian Kelley
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Im growing up real quick (see "Children:")
Location: Bedford, Indiana (formerly Minneapolis, MN)
E-mail Address: kelley01@tima.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): hopefully my brother will have one soon :)
Marital Status: Living with Girlfriend
Children: Experiencing pregnancy with my girlfriend (our child is due in
the fall)
Occupation: bum for the past two weeks.... i hope to be working soon
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: im not exactly sure but i know it has been
several years

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: collectively (my brother and i) it should be
around 950-1000
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  350???
# of LEGO Pieces: several
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: either the bi-plane or ??? police units soemthing like that
Favorite Theme(s): Fabuland, town, will be ninja's as well pretty soon here
Favorite Set(s): geesh... it changes by day... but right now it is the
worldcup sets
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Infomaniac (hands down) then my next
choice would be the black Fabuland bear
Set/theme you would like to see: More sports related, realistic
stuff...higher quality design....we are aware that the quality of the
plastic/process is good, lets seee realism and quality to the design!!!
houses!!! etc etc...
Current LEGO Project: worrying about how im ever going to afford to buy
LEGO again with a child on the way!!  (even though that makes a better
excuse to buy LEGO now :))

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  huh??? i gotta have a claim to lego fame???
no actually it would be obtaining our Fabuland and our Castle collections
by buying selling and trading continually

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: right now it is all i can do to focus on our
pregnancy, etc... but i am very much interested in architecture and classic
cars

From: "Jonathon Goldsworthy" <jgold@cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 22:11:49 +0100

Name: Jonathon Goldsworthy
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1964
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12-25
Location:  Warminster, Wiltshire, UK
E-mail Address: jgold@cableinet.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Not yet
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  1 girl aged 4
Occupation:  Software Consultant / Technical Account Manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  October 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  >230  (looking forward to the soccer sets
increasing this number)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 23
# of LEGO Pieces:  >52000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 (Will be: "1 - LEGOLand Windsor, 1998" in 5
days time)

First LEGO Set:  I can't remember, I was very young. I was in my "dark-ages"
until 9 years ago, when I bought 8865 closely followed by 8862.
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Town, Train
Favorite Set(s):  Technic: 8868 & 8880, Town: 6542, Train: 4558, Model Team:
5571
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Piece: ?, Minifig: Chef
Set/theme you would like to see: Set: Detailed V8 with working overhead
camshafts, valves etc., Theme: ?
Current LEGO Project:  None :-(   Maybe one day a large station along the
lines of Will Chapman's KRR Junction.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Nothing really. I've supplied a couple of
scans to Huw Millington.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  PC games, classic cars, whisky and vintage
port.

From: "Patrick R. Gili" <pgili@avici.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:31:22 -0400

Name:                              Patrick R. Gili
Gender:                            male
Year of Birth:                     1964
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:                          Westford, MA
E-mail Address:                    gili_pat@ix.netcom.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):             currently none (plans are forming)
Marital Status:                    married
Children:                          Alex (5), Zachary (3)
Occupation:                        Computer Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            05/12/98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      ~250
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  4 (but not for long)
# of LEGO Pieces:                  ~50,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:           none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:     none

First LEGO Set:                    565, Moon Landing
Favorite Theme(s):                 Space and Aquazone
Favorite Set(s):                   6876, Blacktron Alienator
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   pneumatic pieces,
                                   satellite disk pieces (from Exploriens),
                                   long canopies (all colors),
                                   shock absorbers,
                                   "Code Pilot", and soon RTX.

Set/theme you would like to see:   1) A whole theme based on the Alien movies.
                                   2) A line of Technic construction vehicles
                                      (starting with 8459, Front-End Loader)

Current LEGO Project:              VR Lego, a virtual-reality Lego environment,
                                   imagine building Lego projects using your
                                   hands in a virtual reality (hint, you never
                                   find yourself wanting for a piece, they are
                                   all right there in front of you, in infinite
                                   quantity).

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       When attempting to build a model rocket
                                   out of Legos, proceeded to blow the rocket
                                   up with such force that some of the Lego
                                   pieces floated to the ground in the form
                                   of cellophane like bits of plastic.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        Hiking and playing with my children,
                                   drinking vodka, and reading and viewing
                                   material on the Man's space programs,
                                   and writing software.

From: keep-imabrit-spamfree@earthlink.net (Darrell)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 00:08:59 -0700

Name:                              Darrell Klotzbach
Gender:                            Male
Year of Birth:                     1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10 - 16
Location:                          San Rafael, CA
E-mail Address:                    imabrit@earthlink.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):             None Currently (hope to start soon)
Marital Status:                    Single
Children:                          None (OINK - One Income No Kids)
Occupation:                        Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            April 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      A lot!
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  4 and shrinking fast
# of LEGO Pieces:                  Too many to count now
# of LEGOfests Attended:           None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:     None (but definitely going to be rectified)

First LEGO Set:
   Don't remember (too young) but distinctly remember a little police car that
   must have been a promo set.

Favorite Theme(s):
   Technic, Mindstorms (when available), Castle, Pirates, Trains

Favorite Set(s):
   Expect 8480 Space Shuttle once it's built
   8459 Pneumatic Front End Loaded currently.
   Also like the classic space sets

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
   pneumatics, soon RTX

Set/theme you would like to see:
   Star Wars - oh yeah, that's already been announced.
   Indiana Jones
   Continuation of Castle, Pirates, and Trains.
   More of the big Technic sets like Super Car and Space Shuttle

Set(s) Most Wanted List:
   8880 Super Car
   8460 Pneumatic Crane Truck
        Mindstorm Sets
        Soccer/World Cup sets - especially with the English players

Current LEGO Project:
   Was building an hanging shelf made only of Lego and a little bit of wire for
   cubicle wall, until I finished a couple of days ago.  Now it displays other
   Lego sets quite impressively.  Now the current project is getting caught up
   on sets recently purchased but haven't put together yet.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
   Still have (or have access to) EVERY lego set I've ever had from real
   childhood to now.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
   Soccer (football to the rest of the world), hiking, camping, biking,
   computers, photography, travelling, kids

--
Remove "keep-" and "-spamfree" to respond.

From: Mr L F Braun <braunli1.nospam@pilot08.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 02:48:48 -0500

Name:                              Lindsay Frederick Braun
Gender:                            Male
Year of Birth:                     1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  9-12
Location:                          New Brunswick, NJ, USA
E-mail Address:                    remote the "nospam" from the header
LEGO/home page URL(s):             None Currently (hope to start soon)
Marital Status:                    Single
Children:                          None
Occupation:                        PhD Candidate, History
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            September 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      over 300
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  50-60
# of LEGO Pieces:                  So many, they're furniture.
# of LEGOfests Attended:           None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:     None

First LEGO Set:

   The moon landing set from 1975...#110 or something?

Favorite Theme(s):

   Classic space, Blacktron I, Exploriens, Imperial Guards.

Favorite Set(s):

   Galaxy Explorer, the oldie-but-goodie.

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):

   Blacktron I space fellows, Imperial Guards soldiers,
   and the black Classic Space astronauts.

Set/theme you would like to see:

   Victorians.  I see the Victorianesque Playmobil
   (gasp!) sets in the store and imagine them as LEGO.
   I'd also like to see *grey* Wild West soldiers;
   American Civil War sets!  Complete with plantation
   houses for your W. T. Sherman minifig to burn as
   he marches to the sea!

Set(s) Most Wanted List:

   5988 Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins.

Current LEGO Project:

   Complete my late-1890s colonial harbour.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

   I'm not sure, but when I get pictures up,
   I've finished a 6'5" replica of a WWI Royal
   Navy first-generation battlecruiser.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

   History, British and South African; line art;
   palaeontology; long road trips; "twist" soft-
   serve ice cream with cherry dip.

From: Michael Huffman <mhuffman@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 03:06:15 -0400
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Michael Huffman
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10-12
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA
E-mail Address: mhuffman@mindspring.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.mindspring.com/~mhuffman/lego.html
Marital Status: Single
Children: 0
Occupation: Computer consultant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Jan. 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 130+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 80+
# of LEGO Pieces: 10,000+ (Conservative estimate...)
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 460 (I think...)
Favorite Theme(s): Caslte & Pirate
Favorite Set(s): Castle: 6024 Bandit Ambush & Pirate: 6279 Skull Island
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Brown 1x5x4 step arch with 5x6
                                 green leaf.
Set/theme you would like to see: More forestmen & pirate sets
Current LEGO Project:

   Building sets that I have instructions for from a big lot of
   Lego's I recently bought.  A large Pirate island.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None so far.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  People have interest (and time) out side
                             of LEGO?  :)

Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 09:26:20 -0400
From: Austin David <austin@ModusOperandi.com>

Name:  Austin David
Gender: "Sex" (words have "gender;" people have "sex") Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8-12, maybe a little more for Technic (love the cars)
Location: Melbourne, FL
E-mail Address: Austin@ModusOperandi.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): not yet, sorry
Marital Status: Single
Children: you mean "child."  Yes, I am.
Occupation: Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Emergence from dark ages.  March?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ?? 13 or so, since dark ages.  No idea
how many before
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Yeah, right.
# of LEGO Pieces:                ?? 5-10k
# of LEGOfests Attended:         0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:   0

First LEGO Set:                  ?? Town?  Formula Flash, since dark ages
Favorite Theme(s):               Technic & Pirates
Favorite Set(s):	 Space Shuttle?  Supercar?  RBR?  Armada Flagship?
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): sorry, only have pirates.  Like the little
                                 conquistadors, though.
Set/theme you would like to see: How 'bout "new world" (adjacent to
				 pirates) -- colonies
                                 and things
Current LEGO Project:            Sailboats / ships.  Cutting custom sailcloth

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:     umm... uhh... ??

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:      I live on a boat.

From: evad44@aol.com (Evad44)
Date: 05 Jun 1998 22:59:23 GMT

Name:  Wayne Jarvis
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 19??
Location:  MA
E-mail Address: Evad44@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status:   taken
Children:  0
Occupation:  Lego collecter
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:   1998
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  alot
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: what kinda ? is this, want me to count?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0
First LEGO Set:  375 Yellow castle
Favorite Theme(s): Town, pirates, castle, ninja
Favorite Set(s): Black monarchs castle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): alien minifigs and ninja.
Set/theme you would like to see: Amusment park
Current LEGO Project:  collecting ninja
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  What?

Wayne Jarvis, Lego collector

From: Dan Campbell <campbd@email.uc.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 21:13:07 -0700

Name:					Dan Campbell
Gender:				M
Year of Birth:			75
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:	(add the 7, carry the two...) 22
Location:				Fairfield, OH
E-mail Address:			campbd@email.uc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):		none (sounds like a good idea...)
Marital Status:			Pff... Single
Children:				Yes, I R 1
Occupation:				student (Computer Science)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:		On & off since 95, when I peeked in on a dead
				ATL :(

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:		Hmm.  Haven't counted.  20, maybe?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:	Rats.  Opened 8225 yesterday.
# of LEGO Pieces:		Say again?  I just bought 2 buckets-worth
				at the flea market.  More than 2000...
# of LEGOfests Attended:	What's that?
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:	0 :(

First LEGO Set:			1 space fig a friend in 3rd grade gave me -- it
					  blew wide open after that :)
Favorite Theme(s):			Space & Technic
Favorite Set(s):			Polar Chopper!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):	"Snake bendy-arm thingie" / Slammers
					teal Technic fig
Set/theme you would like to see: All-translucent pieces.  Prob'ly a
				space vehicle, but any theme really.

Current LEGO Project: Hmm.  Finding a canon that fires, waiting for
		  Ninja, and acquiring mass snake bendy-arm thingies :)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:		Umm, a paintball gun for a Technic fig?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Transformers, Lego, Transformers, and...
				Siberian Huskies :)

From: Tom Roberts <toroberts@sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 19:56:48 -0700
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Tom Roberts
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13-14
Location:  Beaverton Or
E-mail Address:toroberts@sprintmail.com/dtrippy1@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  married
Children:  one
Occupation:  tech support
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  last week

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 15-16
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:0, havn't had the funds to buy extras..
# of LEGO Pieces:  too many to count
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0, soon to be 1

First LEGO Set:  one of the original space bases.. cant rember the set #
Favorite Theme(s):  technic
Favorite Set(s):  tec shuttle and super car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):pnumatics
Set/theme you would like to see: technic meccas
Current LEGO Project:  possible star fury

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: chain mail(armor, not letters)

From: Jeff Elliott <jeffe@deletethis.interlog.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 01:53:45 -0400

Name:	Jeff Elliott
 Gender: Male
 Year of Birth: 72
 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: About 10 / Vibrant
 Location: Toronto, Ontario
 E-mail Address: jeffe @ interlog.com
 LEGO/home page URL(s): broken at present (sigh)
 Marital Status: Married (Lego spouse)
 Children: 0
 Occupation: Programmer
 On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1995

 # of Sets in LEGO Collection: Approx. 550
 # of Unopened Sets in Collection: 4 (Skull's Eye & 3 Shuttles)
 # of LEGO Pieces: 90,000 +- 8,000
   (last count was 3 years ago, estimated since by box count)
 # of LEGOfests Attended: 0
 # of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

(Do those look like Perl comments to anyone else?)

 First LEGO Set: Classic Space Missile Launcher Trailer
 Favorite Theme(s): Technic, Basic
 Favorite Set(s): 8480 Space Shuttle; 725 Basic
 Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 2x4 brick (by usage), Micromotor (by
usefulness)
 Set/theme you would like to see: Big, Sprawling Space Stations
 Current LEGO Project: Train Drawbridge; Corporate Logo; Large spaceship

 Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: 6,714-piece life-sized Relief of Bride &
Groom
 				(used as decoration at wedding)

 Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Roleplaying, Storytelling, Computers

 Note that my reply-to address is mangled; remove the 'deletethis' to
 reach me!

From: scooter@b61683.cwru.edu (David M. Lukens)
Date: 5 Jun 1998 17:39:48 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  David "Scooter" Lukens
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Pickerington, OH (permanent)   usu. Cleveland, OH (school)
E-mail Address:  DML6@PO.CWRU.EDU
LEGO/home page URL(s):  (soon to be) http://sclwww.scl.cwru.edu/~dml6
Marital Status:  single
Children:  nope
Occupation:  student (computer engineering/robotics)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~200
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~18000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  unfortunately none

First LEGO Set:  a little grey space plane like thing (can't remember much)
Favorite Theme(s):  space
Favorite Set(s):  anything technic or space related
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  sloped bricks, and the MIT 6.270 handy board
Set/theme you would like to see:  technic stuff with more parts
Current LEGO Project: some lego robotics, controlled stuff (masters
project work)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I once built a model boat that was about
	6 ft. long and very detailed.  Hopefully I'll get some pictures back
	soon.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  computers, electronics, programming, computer
networking, Unix systems, robotics, scada systems, stunt kites, model rockets,
ham radio(kc8agz), movies, jazz, and music.

From: mattdm@disco.tln.net (Matthew Miller)
Date: 5 Jun 1998 16:26:33 GMT

Name:  Matthew Miller
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  23/still alive
Location:  Boston, MA
E-mail Address: mattdm@mattdm.org
LEGO/home page URL(s): non-lego -- http://quotes-r-us.org
Marital Status:  To be married August 15. She loves Lego too.
Children:  Give us several years
Occupation:  Information Technology - Systems Administrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Uh, 1997 sometime.
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  dozens, but not hundreds of dozens.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Zero. I mean, c'mon.
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea at all.
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0
First LEGO Set:  485 (firetruck with extension ladder). I may have had some
   sets before this, but that's the first I remember clearly.
Favorite Theme(s):  _Real_ Castle & Space. Technic too.
Favorite Set(s):  It's gonna be Mindstorms. Right now, I like lots and lots.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  I think the differential is pretty cool.
Set/theme you would like to see: _Real_ town sets: schools, shops, etc.
Current LEGO Project:  waiting for mindstorms
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  yeah just you wait.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  computers, palmpilot, music (Poster Children!),
   new media, bad movies, good movies, neal stephenson (The Big U), more.

From: the Dragonn <rdragonn@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 12:00:31 -0400

Name:		Kellie Gallagher
Gender:	Female
Year of Birth:	1961
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:	25 and holding
Location:	Pennsylvania
E-mail Address:	rdragonn@gte.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:	married
Children:		2
Occupation:		home body/netsales
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 200
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 40
# of LEGO Pieces:		20,000 est
# of LEGOfests Attended:	none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:	:( none

First LEGO Set:	Majisto's Tower
Favorite Theme(s):	Castle
Favorite Set(s):	Royal Knights Castle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):	Castle Walls/King
Set/theme you would like to see:	Castle/Middle East/Arabian
Current LEGO Project:	Sorting a large collection! trying to build them all

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:	Research Lover on Old sets!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:	Too many to list!

legomom

From: "SideOut" <no.spam.sideout@micron.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:29:50 -0600

Name:  Matthew G. Howell
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Nampa, Idaho
E-mail Address: mhowell@micron.net / sideout@micron.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  N/A
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  One
Occupation:  System Administrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  May

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  60 (or so)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None (I've tried, I've really tried...)
# of LEGO Pieces:  Lots
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  A little dumptruck...sometime in 1976 or 1977
Favorite Theme(s):  Space (all subthemes)
Favorite Set(s):  Hmmm...  so many to choose from... almost any space set
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Rocket pods
Set/theme you would like to see: Reissues of older space sets
Current LEGO Project:  Building the all of my space sets to display

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers and computer gaming, volleyball,
music, yardwork, reading, movies

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net