The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 30

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: D-Day <kid@heart.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:24:13 -0800

Name:  Todd S
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of inner child:  about 12 yrs old
Location:  Albany, OR  USA
E-mail:  zimbo724@juno.com
Lego home page:  None yet
Marital Status:  Married since 1990
Children:  Daughter (4), ???? (due in August), and my cat Tigger (8)
Occupation:  Retail warehouse
On RTL:  Feb '98
# of sets:  no clue how many
# of unopened sets:  UNOPENED!?!  ARE YOU MAD?!?
# of LEGO pieces:  12,000+
# of LEGOfests attended:  none yet
# of LEGO theme parks visited:  none yet
First LEGO set:  I can't remember back that far
Favorite theme:  space, pirates, fire(town)
Favorite set(s):  Some kind of larger space ship from the "classic"
space                   sets (white and red only) that had moon
craters/hill                     and landing plates
Favorite piece/minifig:  An all black astronaut with black visor,
white                           printed straps and buckles and a white
jet pack
Sets/themes that I would like to see:  Circus/zoo (with lots of
animals),                   modern military, ancient Rome
Current LEGO project:  sorting all my pieces
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  just finding this newsgroup
Other intrests:  movies(sci-fi and comedy), plastic models, RPGS,
action                  figures

have a great day!
D-DAY  (Todd S)

From: Jim Strauss <jstrauss@cyberramp.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 17:34:29 -0600
the Airbag-Equipped Cell-phone.

Name: Jim
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: pointing and yelling
"Lego,Lego,Lego!" from the seat of a shopping cart.
Location: Dallas, TX
E-mail Address: jstrauss@cyberramp.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): working on it.
Marital Status: single
Children: what?! and share my legos?
Occupation: Vice-President and Tech-Guy (Web Design Studio)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Monday (3-30-98)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: about 40
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: maybe 10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set: Universal Building set (400) 1976
Favorite Theme(s): town
Favorite Set(s): 4559 Cargo Railway
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): ?
Set/theme you would like to see: Mindstorms or Remote control.
Current LEGO Project: Sorting.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: making 'digging-through-Lego-bricks'
sound at 3am does not bother girlfriend.(Is theat LEGO fame or
GirlFriend fame???)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Artificial Life, Homebrew, Web Design,
among many others.

From: datalinkjy@aol.com (DataLinkJY)
Date: 3 Apr 1998 02:30:58 GMT

Name:  Jesse Yanocha
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1983
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  15
Location:  Pennsylvania
E-mail Address:  DataLinkJY@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Planning on having one.
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Definitely not:-)
Occupation:  Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Around 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  200+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  At least 35,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  Some basic set, 577?
Favorite Theme(s):  Town/Train
Favorite Set(s):  Airport Shuttle/Alien Moon Stalker/Metroliner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Mailmen!!!
Set/theme you would like to see:  Trolley, electric points, lights, trains as
good as the Metroliner, and the like.
Current LEGO Projects:  Working street lights, roundhouse, office buildings,
houses, and what town would be complete without my almost complete working
water fountain:-) Also I am enlarging my layout by 32 sq. ft.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Well I never did anything fantastic, but I did
create a working trolley that goes back and forth on track through my town.  I
also made a space station once, too, but my interests went back to town so now
I am trying to figure how to incorporate my space into town:-)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  I enjoy playing tennis, squash (which believe it
or not is actually pretty big where I live), video games, violin, and I also
like to travel.

From: Karim Nassar <knassar@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 22:59:28 -0500

Name: Karim Nassar
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: Cary, North Carolina
E-mail Address: knassar@mindspring.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www1.etymon.com/kn/lego.html
(www1.etymon.com/kn/nest.html)
Marital Status: Single
Children: none
Occupation: Designer, Business owner
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 600+ (been collecting since 4yrs old)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: collection fills 22 7gal. containers... do YOU want to count
them? :)
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set: inherited older brother's collection
Favorite Theme(s): space
Favorite Set(s): I don't do favorites very well...
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see: Model Team expanded to various themes (highly
detailed spaceship

models, castle models, etc..)

Current LEGO Project: keeping the Pallas Spaceworks web site
(http://www1.etymon.com/pallas/pallas.html) up-to-date... coming up with MOC
designs to top things like the Landmate Mustang and the Phantom 4.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: My highly detailed, desnse, and very
complex models that push the bounds of the little ABS bricks; finding
neat new uses for specialized pieces.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Aikido, Computers, Anime, Reading, and Writing

From: "colin" <burnman1@flash.net>
Date: 3 Apr 1998 05:31:07 GMT

Name:  colin
Gender:  m
Year of Birth:  11/10/75
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  whatever
Location:  dallas, tx
E-mail Address: burnman1@flash.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  non-existent
Marital Status:  married
Children:  1 (2yrs boy)
Occupation:  pc helpdesk for Compucom, dallas tx
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  february 98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  untold
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: can't fathom why anyone would _not_
open lego
# of LEGO Pieces:  five or six thousand?
# of LEGOfests Attended: zero
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: zero

First LEGO Set:  pre-armed/facial features 2 minifig 3 section boat--
don't know set#/name-- either that or 375 yellow castle... logic decrees
the primitive minifig set would come first, but yellow castle is the first
i recall building
Favorite Theme(s):  pirates, castles, wild west
Favorite Set(s):  pre-designed sets don't last long in my house...
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  transparent minifig head
Set/theme you would like to see: jrr tolkien castles subtheme?  stephen
king's _gunslinger_/_dark tower_ wild west subtheme... but i guess these
are too specialized/can just as easy be fabricated by my fevered legoings
as by TLG
Current LEGO Project:  nothing i create these past months (since dark
ages) seems to last more than a week-- I NEED MORE LEGO

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: time jesum transeuntum et non riverentum

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: rpg's (role playing, not rocket propelled
grenades) pc's, magic: the gathering, my two year old son who will one
day inherit my legocy (sic), industrial music, the velvet
underground/lou reed

From: nekosoft@NO-SPAM.eot.com (E. Johnson)
Date: 3 Apr 1998 05:46:27 GMT

Name: Erik O. Johnson
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Crafty 12yo
Location:  Central Minnesota
E-mail Address:  nekosoft@SPAMTHIS.yahoo.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  None
Children:  Not yet
Occupation:  Nomad
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: late 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  50+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: zero (not counting what I bought today)
# of LEGO Pieces:  Step on about three each night
# of LEGOfests Attended: not yet
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: just Mall of America

First LEGO Set:  some Classic Space rocket-sled
Favorite Theme(s):  Town + Space = Near Future
Favorite Set(s):  Double-decker Bus
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Red Divers gal now in UFO garb
Set/theme you would like to see: Car Wars, James Bond
Current LEGO Project:  Get Bungie Blaster to fly

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Developing history for all themes when
mixed together.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:   Travel, Music, Macs, Books

From: BLPJ57D@prodigy.com (Sinister Robots)
Date: 3 Apr 1998 13:23:14 GMT

Name:  Migs
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Cannibalized for parts.
Location: California
E-mail Address: BLPJ57D@Prodigy.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): The SwazzleWorks - pages.prodigy.com/Swazzle
(under preliminary construction)
Marital Status: Trying my damnedest to avoid that evil contraption.
Children: See above.
Occupation:  Artist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: December 1996
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~ 100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: ~ 20
# of LEGO Pieces:  This I do not know. For those who demand an answer:
many.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set: I don’t remember, my grandfather sent a few from Germany
around 1974. I was heavily into Webble Wobbles at the time you must
understand.
Favorite Theme(s):  Aqua, Space.
Favorite Set(s):  Black Knight. Bring back beaked helms and removable
breast plates you cads!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Black 2x2 inverse convex sloped brick.
Black Knight.
Set/theme you would like to see: An ancient Egypt theme. An ancient Rome
theme. Orcs. WWII armor including articulated tracks. A pirate ghost ship
with a mermaid/siren figure. What I really want is a quasi Biblical
Armageddon theme complete Jehovah, Lucifer, Jesus, and the Four Horsemen.
I’d also want a minifigure set of guest stars including Gautama Buddha,
Brahma, Allah, and everyone’s favorite intergalactic villain Xenu. Then I
could finally put my town minifigures to use as peons running around in
the carnage. A philosophers theme would be great too. Sartre could have
his little Lego beret and coffee cup, Voltaire would have a contemptuous
sneer,  and of course Democritus would be included because he turned the
universe into Legos.
Current LEGO Projects:  Legos are sidelined until I finish up a handful
of other projects.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  When I was twelve, my friend and I were
acting like typical bored gremlins during summer break when I came up
with a brilliant idea. I tied the end of a spool of thread around an
astronaut minifigure’s head and dubbed him Adventure Bob. Then my friend
grabbed his parent's video and I slushed Bob down the toilet while
narrating the brave voyage. After slushing the toilet 10 odd times, Bob
decided he wanted to come up so I began rolling up the thread but then
disaster struck. Bob was stuck in the pipes. I pulled too hard and the
string broke sealing Bob’s fate in the watery grave. Mortified, we
gathered the neighborhood kids together to watch the video and then held
a funeral. Bob’s body was lost so we put the roll of thread in a box that
acted as a coffin and sent it down the drainage gutter to it’s final
resting place. In our hearts we like to believe that Bob was soon after
freed from the pipes by a big wad of toilet paper and was sent out into
the bay where he was rescued by a Coast Guard cutter.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Far too many to list. Painting, sculpture,
philosophy, theology, history, plotting world domination, beach volley
ball, drinking orange juice with ice cubes, gothic tales (not her flighty
sister the gothic novel), new wave science fiction, mind control
techniques, all things sardonically sinister and elegantly macabre, and
explaining why the Monroe Doctrine should have been extended to the
eastern hemisphere.

From: jaabo37@aol.com (JAABO37)
Date: 4 Apr 1998 22:32:09 GMT

Name: Joseph Olson
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 29/14
Location:  Douglasville, GA
E-mail Address: JAABO37@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):http://members.aol.com/JAABO37/index.html
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  0
Occupation: Hydro-sanitation engineer (garbage man)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  500+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 250+
# of LEGO Pieces:  Maybe 125,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set: 435 Tipper Truck
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Trains
Favorite Set(s):  6041 Armor Shop
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Roy Orbison look-a-like
Set/theme you would like to see: Dinosaur Models
Current LEGO Project:  Getting basement finished with Lego room with work
bench and play area

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: 7th grade social studies project that used Legos,
dominos, and electronic circuit.  I won an award but I have no idea what it had
to do with social studies.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: I love spending time with my wife.  Also like
playing basketball, watching baseball, and riding bicycle.

Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 22:52:45 -0700
From: Graham Renn <graham@natsume.com>

Name: Graham Renn and LaNette White
Gender: Male and Female
Year of Birth: 1969 and 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: LaNette is around 16, and I am much, much
younger.
Location: California
E-mail Address: graham@natsume.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): None
Marital Status: Single
Children: Cats only--they play with Legos, but don't put together the sets :)
Occupation: Graham-Operations Manager/LaNette-Office Manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Dec. 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 145
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: 42,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Hopefully the one in Carlsbad, CA when it is
finished.

First LEGO Set: Before Mini-figs...then a long, long break...and set 6335 Indy
Transport to get me back into it.
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Castle, Train
Favorite Set(s): Far too many to list
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see: Amusement Park and buildings in a town.
Current LEGO Project: Filling the whole house with Legos

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Finding a girlfriend that loves Legos as much as
me...wait, is that good or bad :)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Music, Video Games, Movies and Traveling

From: "James Howse" <m3038872@hardy.ocs.mq.edu.au>
Date: 4 Apr 1998 06:54:43 GMT

Name: James Howse
Gender: yes
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: missing in Supermarket (possible in the
toy isle)
Location: Somewhere in Sydney, Australia. (Yes, Down Under)
E-mail Address: m3038872 at hardy dot ocs dot mq dot edu dot au
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: no
Children: no
Occupation: Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Jan98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 200ish
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: 'bout 16,000 cubic centimetres
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: what's a lego theme park?

First LEGO Set: something duploish I'd reckon
Favorite Theme(s): Castle, Pirates, 12v trains, technic build
                   the new adventurers, ninja, Aquazone
Favorite Set(s): The Guarded inn!, The technic shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The Royal King
Set/theme you would like to see: Town houseing project to give all the
                   police and racers homes... ;-)
                   Seriously though: return of the large hulled pirate boats

Current LEGO Project:techinc door alarm/intruder alert system
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: being kicked out of a building
                             contest for being to old :(
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, Reading SF/fantasy

From: John Smith <defaultuser@domain.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 1998 23:57:18 -0500

Name:Clayton Berry
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 15
Location: Cincinati, OH
E-mail Address: berryco@email.uc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.eng.uc.edu/~cdberry/
    LEGO stuff can be found under Links->Entertainment
Marital Status: single
Children: none
Occupation: Student
    Currently finishing masters at Univ. Cincinnati
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: April of 1995
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~170
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:~20
# of LEGO Pieces: ~17,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: large basic set (shared with brother)
Favorite Theme(s): Castle, Technic, Ice Planet, AZ, Model Team, Wild West
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Giant Tires
Set/theme you would like to see: The new Mindstorms!
Favorite Set(s): Heli/Rig Model Team set, Auto-chassis, KMF
Current LEGO Project: saving money to complete chess set
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: the ability to eat through almost any piece
ever made

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: wrestling, chess, languages

From: Tim Rueger <rueger@io.com>
Date: 5 Apr 1998 13:56:20 GMT

Name: Tim Rueger
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14
Location: Austin, Texas, USA
E-mail Address: rueger@io.com

Marital Status:  Married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Electrical engineer - analog chip designer
On R.T.L. Since:  January, 1994

Number of Sets in LEGO Collection:  >250
Number of LEGO Pieces:  >45,000
Number of Unopened Sets in Collection: <10
Number of LEGOfests Attended: 1
Number of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  135 Universal Building Set (1973)
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Wild West, 70's model sets
Favorite Set(s):  8857 Motorcycle, 8880 Super Car, 565 Moon Landing
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  2x4 brick, in red

Current LEGO Project:  Scanning and restoring various decal sets.
Also, generally tidying up my web pages, getting model photos scanned,
etc.  URL - http://www.io.com/~rueger/lego/

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Built the EKG machine from the 8888
Expert Builder Idea Book.  Coined term "Retrostation" for the 2150
red Metrostation.  I also know Fred Martin at the MIT Media Lab
Learning and Epistemology group (creators of Lego/Logo and the
Programmable Brick, soon to be sold as Lego Mindstorms).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Origami, Jazz, Film, Home Theater,
maintaining our home page - http://www.io.com/~rueger/

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/

From: Kev Holmes <kev@lsai.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:45:27 +0100

Name: Kev Holmes
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1960
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  ~16
Location:  Fleet, Hampshire
E-mail Address: kev@lsai.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Not yet! (At least, nothing public...)
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  1 girl (5), 1 boy (2)
Occupation:  Software consultant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  200+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 54
# of LEGO Pieces:  Not sad enough to count them...
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 - Season ticket holder at Windsor (20+ visits)

First LEGO Set: As a child? Can't remember. As a grown-up (sic), 725
(for house extension modelling...)
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Train, Pirates. I like Castles as well, and Town,
and Model Team. And the Duplo Trains are cool too!
Favorite Set(s):  5571, 8880, 5991, 6339
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Skeleton
Set/theme you would like to see: Western train
Current LEGO Project:
1. Animated Christmas display (gives me a chance of completing it on schedule!)
2. Set/price database for the Palm Pilot (Neat!)
3. Convincing the wife that we *really* that extra set...
4. Stopping the wife buying *more* monorail...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
1. Turned down the opportunity to buy 10,000 minifigs about 5 years ago...
2. Managed to buy a 2150 through US S@H, from the UK
3. First rtl'r to go on the Imagination Centre tour at Windsor (?)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Malt Whisky, Terry Pratchett, Iain (M)
Banks, Lilliput Lane cottages, *real* beer.

From: carbon60@bigfoot.com (Carbon 60)
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 16:14:21 +0100

Name: Carbon 60 :-)
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1980
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10.5-16.3 (depending on reality factor
currently at 18/20)
Location:  Redditch, West Midlands, UK
E-mail Address: carbon60@bigfoot.com
LEGO - (not yet)/home page URL(s):
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~carbon60
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Zero, apart from 2 trinary computers
Occupation:  Student studying A-Levels maths, physics and chemistry.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Feb 98!!

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Almost all UK Space sets 1988 to present
and quite a lot of town
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 4
# of LEGO Pieces:  ?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 2 one in Bristol, one in Milton Keynes both
official LegoClub ones.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 :(

First LEGO Set:  Probably a Shell Petrol Station around 1984
Favorite Theme(s):  Space
Favorite Set(s):  Space: 6987 Blacktron Star Base and 920? Rocket Base.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron Men
Set/theme you would like to see: Proper Football stuff available in the
UK with loads of teams and different stadiums incl. footy managers etc.
Current LEGO Project:  None, lack of time and bricks stops this, I am
developing on paper a Advanced Passenger Train which tilts into the
corners can't see whether it will ever get built though.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Err, none yet apart from finding loads of
promotional sets going for 4 times the price I can get them for.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers generally, Indoor Football - I am
a superkeeper, one of a rare breed.

-
Carbon 60 -=- The person from England
We get Micro-Technic Sets and u don't!
   * UK Lego Mail Order: Busy-Bee: *
   *      +44 (0)161 881 3906      *
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~carbon60
I need 4547 and 6991!!

From: no@spam.please
Date: Tue, 05 May 98 17:59:55 GMT

Name: Huw Millington
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  East Grinstead, W. Sussex, UK
E-mail Address: hmillington@cix.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  2 girls: 5 and 3
Occupation:  IT Services Manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  January 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Must be about 250 by now
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: About 30
# of LEGO Pieces:  ?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 1 - LEGOLand Windsor, 1995
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1

First LEGO Set:  Weetabix Castle? 1968?
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, futuristic lines: Space, Aquazone
Favorite Set(s):  Space: Alienator and MIB, Technic: 8440 and 8460
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 6565 and 6564 the 3x3 cut-in-half
diagonally
bricks
Set/theme you would like to see: ?
Current LEGO Project:  A fleet of submarines based on the new
diagonal canopy
holder used in the Hydronauts models.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  (1) Have corresponded with the
designer of the
Blacktron Alienator and other space sets of the era, who saw my
"Blacktron
Alienator home page".
(2) 'Discovered' 6807.
(3) Keeper of the 'Promotional LEGO set reference'

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  PC games, computers generally.

From: "David H. Whitten" <dr3dwhit@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 01:44:46 GMT

Name:Drew Whitten
Gender:M
Year of Birth:1984
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:I don't know.
Location:Noirth Alabama
E-mail Address:drew_whitten@yahoo.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/1378/lego.html
Marital Status:single
Children:0
Occupation:student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:March 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:a lot
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:0
# of LEGO Pieces:a whole lot
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set:Battering ram
Favorite Theme(s):Town, ResQ, Pirate, castle, adventurers,
Favorite Set(s):Central Precinct HQ
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):all my favorite!
Set/theme you would like to see:Army Legos. and waiting for SW and ninja
Current LEGO Project:sorting

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:Turbo Cycle rules!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:Girls, G.I.Joe, SW, basketball, www,
working on my webpage

From: Scott <sjava@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 20:52:42 -0500

Name: Scott Javoroski
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12-14
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
E-mail Address: sjava@execpc.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): Non-LEGO page at www.execpc.com/~sjava
Marital Status: Engaged
Children: 0
Occupation: Lotus Notes/Web/Systems Administrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 300 or so
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Yeah, right, like that'll ever happen
# of LEGO Pieces: 50,000+/-
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Mall of America

First LEGO Set: 370 - Police Headquarters
Favorite Theme(s): Trains, Pirate, Technic
Favorite Set(s): 8480 - Space Shuttle & 8880 - Super Car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Timmy ;-)
Set/theme you would like to see: Ancient Greece/Rome (I want to see Incredible
Cleavage Woman in a toga)
Current LEGO Project: Finding room for all my sets, building tables for my
trains

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Never went through a dark ages, I was just a geek
for awhile :-)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, working out, playing sports

From: "Irving De la Cruz" <irvingd@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 12:21:48 -0700

Name:  Irving De la Cruz
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Ask my wife.
Location:  Duvall, WA
E-mail Address: irvingd@microsoft.com or irvingd@halcyon.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None yet.
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  None
Occupation:  Software Design Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  February, 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  96
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 15
# of LEGO Pieces:  50000++
# of LEGOfests Attended: 1
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Don't recall set number but was one of the LegoLand sets of
the mid 1970's with the armless minifigs
Favorite Theme(s):  LegoTown Trains/Structures and large Techinic sets
Favorite Set(s):  8459 (Pneumatic Loader) and 4565 (Freight Train)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Pneumatic Pieces
Set/theme you would like to see: More trains sets and big crane rigs for
Technic line
Current LEGO Project:  Original strucutures and train cars and engines for
future Lego train expo shows with the PNTLC.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None. (Yet :)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Off road driving, Mountain Biking, Water Skiing,
Home Theather Afficionado.

From: Michael Dorneich <mcpd@uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 13:35:20 -0500

Name: Michael Dorneich
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Hiding while I finish my thesis
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA
E-mail Address: mcpd@uiuc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://tortie.me.uiuc.edu/~dorneich/lego/Elego2.html
Marital Status: Happily Married
Children: 0.67 (due in August)
Occupation: grad student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: > 350?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: > 50 (small ones for parts)
# of LEGO Pieces: My wife thinks its a million, I just wish it were true
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 (but I saw Enfield!)

First LEGO Set: 425 Fork Lift
Favorite Theme(s): Space, Town, Trains
Favorite Set(s): 6339  Shuttle Launch Pad, 4558 MetroLiner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Islander, Spyrius Robot
Set/theme you would like to see: More buildings with cool architectures
Current LEGO Project: Buying a house with an extra room for a LEGO town setup

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:Got a letter form the LEGO Legal Department
                            about my "Everything LEGO" WWW page.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: wife, travel, photography, ultimate, parenthood

From: James Mathis <thakius@nmt.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 17:13:55 -0600

Name:  James Mathis
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of inner child: 12, when building :-)
Location: Socorro, New Mexico, USA
E-mail:  thakius@nmt.edu or jmathis@arctic.nmt.edu
Lego home page: http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html
Marital Status: single
Children:  none
Occupation:  graduate student, Physics
On RTL:  1996
# of sets:  approx. 430
# of unopened sets:  approx. 5
# of LEGO pieces:  approx. 60,000
# of LEGOfests attended: none
# of LEGO theme parks visited: one, Billund
First LEGO set: 430 Bi Plane
Favorite theme: Town, Train
Favorite set(s): 6391 Cargo Center
Favorite piece/minifig: Lego Ambassador figure from removable key chain
Sets/themes that I would like to see: Wild West Train, Court House,
Current LEGO project: none, just finished monorail transit passenger
station
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: my LEGO town got a photo in my High School
Yearbook
Other intrests:  bicycling, Marklin model trains, vintage SAAB
automobiles, squash, hiking, camping.

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net