The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 29

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: Patrick Sayre-Little <wsayreli@polymail.calpoly.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:21:16 -0800
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Patrick Sayre-Little
Gender:Male
Year of Birth:'78
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  120/who says I have to have one?
Location: Morro Bay, CA
E-mail Address:wsayreli@polymail.calpoly.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.calpoly.edu/~wsayreli/lego.html
Marital Status: single
Children:0
Occupation:full time college student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: May '97-October'97, then since Jan '98

I was gone for awhile, but I'm back now in limited quantites

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 130+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: I'm not about to even attempt to count
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set: Basic something in the early '80s
Favorite Theme(s): Space, Aquazone
Favorite Set(s): couln't possibly choose
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): see above response
Set/theme you would like to see: anything that will stay for 10 years
Current LEGO Project: finding time to play with LEGOs

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: printable parts catalog for LDraw
                              (see web page)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: PC games, flying(I finaly got my liscence)

From: jst711@aol.com (JST711)
Date: 31 Jan 1998 06:28:31 GMT

Name: Jeffrey Tabor
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  around 9-14/unpredictably assertive of
itself ;-)
Location: Rochester, N.Y. (the original Upstate)
E-mail Address: jst711@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none yet, maybe soon....
Marital Status:  single
Children: none
Occupation: classical vocalist with a current specialty in medieval European
music
On R.T.L. (A.T.L.) Since:  Early January 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  around 55-60
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  Are you mad?
# if LEGO Pieces:  Hmmm...maybe 3,000+;  never attempted to count them.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  none, though I visited something in Ontario
Place in Toronto long ago that may have been a precursor to an Imagination
Center.

First LEGO Set: #442 (Space Shuttle) and #453 (two Crater Plates)
as a gift, unfortunately both hoplessly lost!!  Aagh!
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Space, Space!!!!!
Favorite Set(s):  Tends to vary, although currently # 6953 (Futuron Cosmic
Laser Launcher) and #6971 (Intergalactic Command Base) are my faves.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  any transparent canopy/brick/the blue Classic
and blue, black and red Futuron Astronauts
Set/theme you would like to see:  short of re-releasing all discontinued Space
sets, a Space sub-theme that used totally non-humanoid/non-bipedal aliens
(perhaps the dino-aliens from the Explorien theme) or an heir to the Classic
Space theme
Current LEGO Project: attempting to collect all the Futuron sets; maybe a
website soon....

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Alas, none to date....possibly never....

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Cooking of all cuisines, linguistics, world
languages and history, fine design, the fine arts, art music of all cultures
especially European medieval, Renaissance and Baroque music, calligraphy, space
opera and Italian culture.

From: roelleke@cs.uni-duesseldorf.de (Kirsten Roelleke)
Date: 4 Feb 1998 15:32:50 GMT

Name: Kirsten Roelleke
Gender: female
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: about 15
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
E-mail Address: roelleke@cs.uni-duesseldorf.de
LEGO/home page URL(s):
        http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~oth/aamlaet (story
	   [sorry, in german only] and pictures of our LEGO D&D-campaign)
	http://www.cs.uni-duesseldorf.de/~roelleke/
Marital Status: single
Children: none
Occupation: math-student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: in 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 128
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: none
(Btw: Who 'collects' unopened sets?)
# of LEGO Pieces: > 10.000
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set: probably 264 or 689 (european numbering)
Favorite Theme(s): castle, space (town before my dark ages)
Favorite Set(s): I can't decide this, they're all great
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): same as above
Set/theme you would like to see: don't know for the moment
Current LEGO Project: To resort my mountain after restoring them
	in a hurry the last time (so much lego, so few time *sigh*)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: LEGO 'dungeon' for an D&D-campaign

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: comics, whodunits, SF-TV-series, X-files

From: roelleke@cs.uni-duesseldorf.de (Kirsten Roelleke)
Date: 5 Feb 1998 09:35:26 GMT

Name: King Tosti of KRE alias Torsten 'Tosti' Ott
Gender: m
Year of Birth: 1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 24 (That doesn't keep me from enjoying
 LEGO in every way!)
Location: see http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~oth/kre.html
E-mail Address: oth@uni-duesseldorf.de
LEGO/home page URL(s):
 http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~oth/aamlaet.html
Marital Status: only in 'my' kingdom
Children: only one adopded heiress to the throne of 'my' kingdom
Occupation: I _am_ a student, _survive_ with money from teaching but
 whenever I can help it, doing nice things with friends _occupies_ my time
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: today

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: They are all childhood treasures, some
 bought, some received as presents from my parents, mostly mixed together
 now, never counted.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None. I'd only leave a newly bought,
 ment-as-a-present LEGO-box closed.
# of LEGO Pieces: Not as many as I'd like to have!
# of LEGOfests Attended: -
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: I didn't know there were any apart from
 DK-Billund, where I always failed to go on my visits to Denmark. So far.

First LEGO Set: As far as I remember, it was a white house with a blue
 roof and a garage, but it might also have been a red windmill with a blue
 roof on the mill-tower and a white one on the little house beside it.
Favorite Theme(s): I play LD&D, that means that with alternating masters
 from among the group, we play Dungeons And Dragons in a pre-built
 LEGO-setting. I wonder if anyone else does.
Favorite Set(s): Despite the fact that these are not that useful for our
 role-playing, this question has to be answered with some nostalgia: The
 older they are, the more I love them!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Here again, I like the standard pieces,
 maybe the two-rows-of-four is my very favourite.
Set/theme you would like to see: Always searching for nice
 birthday-presents for friends, I'd like to see some small everyday-life
 sets, like, for example the pizza-car that we gave to someone who sells
 pizzas to finance his studies.
Current LEGO Project: Well, it's my turn to be role-master in LD&D again,
 we'll play on Feb. 23rd and I haven't started planning yet. But I'll have
 to come up with quite some self-invented stuff, or my friends will be
 pretty dissapointed.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I invented the changing of the role-master,
 therby keeping the whole thing alive (otherwise it'd probably have happened
 only once) and bringing my own LEGO pieces in.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Plenty. Apart from enjoying almost anything I
 can do with some friends, I like cycling in the summer and playing computer
 or watching TV, especially StarTrek, X-Files and movies on TV/Video.

From: "Anna L. Bunce" <buncea@ucsu.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:01:32 -0700

Name:  Anna Bunce
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Who knows?  Changes daily..
Location:  Colorado, USA
E-mail Address:  buncea@ucsu.colorado.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  ------
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  graduate student, applied math---till May..then, who knows?
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  hmm...just over a month..and wishing I had
known about this 2 years ago when I sold off all my old Town sets at a tag
sale.....wouldn't be surprised if the guy who bought them all is on here..
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  hmmmm..40 some odd
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0!  Who can stand to leave them that
way?
# of LEGO Pieces: ???
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Double Decker Bus, I think...
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle!  (But no Fright Knights, please..)
Favorite Set(s):  Can't choose just one!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Majisto...maybe..
Set/theme you would like to see: A return to Castle sets that involve
some complexity and challenge to build...
Current LEGO Project:  filling out my Castle sets..

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  tattoos, sci-fi/fantasy, pool,
genetics...etc.

From: "Jon D Hayward" <jdhayward@lineone.net>
Date: 2 Mar 1998 23:00:30 GMT

Name: Jon D Hayward
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Aging rapidly, but not maturing!
Location: Kent, UK
E-mail Address: jdhayward@lineone.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): one day...
Marital Status: Married
Children: A two-year-old daughter
Occupation: Computer analyst / programmer / consultant / gofer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: January 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: No idea, but enough bricks to fill 3 1' x 2'
x 1' crates plus load of overspill, not counting all the second-hand stuff
that's still being cleaned...
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Zilch - mine's for PLAYING with!
# of LEGO Pieces: See '# of sets', above
# of LEGOfests Attended: Zeeero (are there any in the UK?)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: One - Windsor (my daughter wanted to go,
even though she was only six months old at the time)

First LEGO Set: Big yellow truck and trailer - the one with the steering
(I'm sure I was too young for it back then)...
Favorite Theme(s): Nothing in particular, but I like to build with bricks,
rather than have single bricks that represent something...
Favorite Set(s): 'Big Vehicles', trains on blue track, and most stuff from
the sixties
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 'Big Vehicles' parts, 1960s doors and
windows (cos I can make decent buildings with them) / Minifigs: Dr Cyber
and the recent cavalry figures
Set/theme you would like to see: Architectural models: lots of basic bricks
that make something toooo big to be affordable!!!
Current LEGO Project: cleaning all those grubby second-hand bricks!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I've met David Lyall (who?) - he was something
to do with the UK Lego design team through the 1970s and 1980s (at least) -
chief designer??? He was a bit surprised to be asked for his autograph!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Too much! Matchbox / Hot Wheels / Corgi / Dinky
/ Lledo / Burago / other toy cars / Thunderbirds / Joe 90 / Captain Scarlet
/ X Files / Star Trek / Quantum Leap / James Bond / Minis / Scalextric /
Mega Blocks / Betta Bilda / Tente / Hobby Land / Qubo Ville / Klip / Mego
Lock /
those-weird-beams-that-look-like-Lego-Technic-but-have-got-the-holes-going-d
own-through-the-studs-that-no-one-can-remeber-the-name-of / any thing else
that tries to be Lego, but isn't! / computers / family / need I go on???

From: "Michael Hopkins" <michael@macitools.symantec.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 15:13:06 -0800

Name:  Michael Hopkins
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: At least 12
Location:  San Jose, CA
E-mail Address: michael@macitools.symantec.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  ---
Marital Status: single
Children: no minifigs yet
Occupation: software engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Feb '98 (wish I knew about it sooner)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 52
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1 (legos were made to be played with)
# of LEGO Pieces:  > 10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1- Been to Legoland Denmark

First LEGO Set: 483, Alpha-1 Rocket Base
Favorite Theme(s): Technic, Classic Space
Favorite Set(s): 8860 Auto Chassis, 6980 Galaxy Commander
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Universal Joint
Set/theme you would like to see: A revival of classic space
Current LEGO Project: Technic Tank

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Once managed to place a 2x6 brick in my left
nostril

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  R/C, skiing, music, movies, art, computers

From: jeff5937@aol.com (Jeff5937)
Date: 2 Mar 1998 23:28:40 GMT

Name:  Jeffrey Huntington
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  High spatial intelligence
Location:  Florida, USA
E-mail Address: Jeff5937@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation: Middle school teacher
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  6/97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  65
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2
# of LEGO Pieces:  about 30.000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0, soon to be 1

First LEGO Set: 6524 (Blizzard Blazer)
Favorite Theme(s):  Town and all subsets except Town Jr.
Favorite Set(s):  6350, 6378, 6353
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): No specific ones
Set/theme you would like to see: Actually useful town buildings, like the bank
and pizzaria.  I'd like to see some small shops and factories.  Houses would be
nice, too.
Current LEGO Project:  Building a black and yellow metroliner out of my extra
4559

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Basketball officiating, reading, computer games,
working with church youth group, James Bond movies, classical music,

From: "Jeb" <jebulan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 3 Mar 1998 02:12:03 GMT

Name:  Jeb Baker
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Denver Colorado
E-mail Address:
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://home.att.net/~jebulan/lego.html
Marital Status:  not
Children:  1 cat
Occupation:  Sr. Project Manager/System Administrator/CAD Draftsman
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  spotted a long time ago (1-2yrs?) really got into
it 9/97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 30-40?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  i can't even imagine
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  Hand-me-downs just a big box of bricks with a few windows
and plates
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, castle, town, technic umm almost all (in that
order)
Favorite Set(s):  #5571 Monster Big Rig (I love all those parts,and really
big tires)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  motors / Infomaniac is cool any with
neat faces
Set/theme you would like to see: Model team helicopter
Current LEGO Project:  sorting and pondering

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  My last big spaceship.(personally anyway)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers,Matchbox, Hot Wheels etc...(shelved
as of late)

From: "Ken MacIntosh" <kenmacintosh@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 19:11:51 -0800

Name:  Ken MacIntosh
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1935
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Seattle, WA, USA
E-mail Address:  kenmacintosh@msn.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Engineer, Lawyer (retired)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Oct 97
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  25
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  3 buckets in reserve
# of LEGO Pieces:  lots
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none
First LEGO Set:  717 Expert Builder
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, mechanisms, trains
Favorite Set(s):  6399 Airport Shuttle (monorail)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  ??
Set/theme you would like to see:  trains & monorail
Current LEGO Project:  interfacing monorail and Lionel style trains
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  automatic ball machine
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  toy trains, computers, travel, writing

From: "Preferred Customer" <SIR-LANCE@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 23:03:01 -0500

Name:Lance Johnson
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Varies Day to Day
Location: Ohio (currently have Christy Hine? ringing in my hears!)
E-mail Address:SIR LANCE @ msn.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): Not that advanced
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  Due in August
Occupation:  Maintenance Supervisor
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Lurking since Nov. 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Not enough yet (over 50 but just traded 10-15
Castle)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 10
# of LEGO Pieces:  No clue/not counting
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 (been to the Disney Store)

First LEGO Set: Some Universal set in the 70's/ Black Seas Barracuda in post
Dark-Age
Favorite Theme(s): Town/Train
Favorite Set(s):  Not sure as quite a few are in Favorite category
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Black Knight
Set/theme you would like to see: Not See- Town Jr. !!!
Current LEGO Project:  Port LEGO (3 sets from completion 6541/6542/4021- Yes
I want these)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: How about infamy - Someone threw out my BSB

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Home remodeling, golf, trying to learn more
about computers, books

From: ulringmc@email.uc.edu (Michael Ulring)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 00:19:52 -0500

Name:Michael Ulring
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 11 and a half
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
E-mail Address: ulringmc@email.uc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://homepages.uc.edu/~ulringmc/lego.html
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Me, Myself and I
Occupation:  college student/part-time software developer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: lurked in '96, was on a little in '97, more in '98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: don't really know, probably over 200
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: just the two that arrived today, they'll be open tomorrow :)
# of LEGO Pieces: probably well into hundreds of thousands, a million???
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 (just Mall of America)

First LEGO Set(s): Alpha-1 Rocket Base (483) and Mobile Tracking Station (452)
Favorite Theme(s): Castle
Favorite Set(s): Forestmen's River Fortress, Black Seas Barracuda, Galaxy Explorer
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): original knights from Yellow Castle (375)
Set/theme you would like to see: more sets like classic early '80s Castles
Current LEGO Project:  always working on my Castle
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: my Castle (see above URL)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: sports, computers, video games, Star Wars toys

From: Beaker <beaker@havoc.gtf.gatech.edu>
Date: 3 Mar 1998 05:10:17 GMT

Name: Jim Baker (Beaker)

Gender:
Male

Year of Birth:
1969

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Healthy:)

Location:
Atlanta, GA

E-mail Address:
beaker@havoc.gtf.gatech.edu

Marital Status:
Single (but taken:)

Children:
None

Occupation:
CNN Interactive technical staff

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:
Jan. 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:
20 (and growing:)

# of Unopened Sets in Collection:
None

# of LEGO Pieces:
about 4,000

# of LEGOfests Attended:
None

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:
None.  Plan to go to the Lego Imagination Center in Orlando in June

First LEGO Set:
483 Alpha-1 Rocket Base

Favorite Theme(s):
Space (especially Classic) ... just got into Adventurers

Favorite Set(s):
497 Galaxy Explorer

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Red Classic Space minifig

Set/theme you would like to see:
Real Mechs for Robo Force!

Current LEGO Project:
Reaquiring all the sets my mother sold at a garage sale ...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
Once built a Lego "gondola" and attatched it to a kite with a minifig
inside.  The kite string broke, losing both the kite and important Legos
(I was nine, gimme a break:)  Found the remains of the kite and the
remarkably undamaged legos in the woods over two miles away three years
later.

From: corn29@mailexcite.com (Chris W.)
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 12:27:03 GMT

Name: Chris W.
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  variable
Location:  Aomori, Japan
E-mail Address:  corn29@mailexcite.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  under construction
Marital Status: Married
Children:  --0--
Occupation:  Engineer (I've been playing with legos since 5 and I'm an
engineer?  Go figure!)
On R.T.L. since:  9/97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  50 plus about 20 buckets, I prefer to
make my own creations -- I'm working on a 1/10 scale airport right
now, it will fill up our whole spare bedroom
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  LOTS
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  When I was a boy in Michigan there was
a colossal display at the old Hudson's warehouse in Detroit.  There
was a globe that was several teens of feet tall and a town you could
walk through.
First LEGO Set:  A learjet from the late '70s, I don't know the model
number.
Favorite Theme(s):  Train (the only innovative thing to come out og
TLG in years), CLASSIC space, CLASSIC town
Favorite Set(s):  The ones I make and a castle set from Denmark that
preceeded castle theme in the U.S. by 6 years.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  The skeleton is kinda cool.
Set/theme you would like to see: Any set without so many darn
specialized pieces!
Current LEGO Project:  1/10 Airport

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  n/a

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Biking, skiing (nordic and some alpine),
rock/ice climbing

From: "Kyle Miller" <kyle.miller@NOSPAMdynamix.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:58:43 -0800

Name:  Kyle Miller
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Variable
Location:  Oregon, USA
E-mail Address:    kyle.miller@dynamix.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  M
Children:  2
Occupation:  Game Designer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Unknown
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:    0
# of LEGO Pieces:  Unknown
# of LEGOfests Attended:    0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:    0

First LEGO Set:  (since I was a kid) 6990
Favorite Theme(s):
Favorite Set(s):
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see:
Current LEGO Project:

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Passed the torch to my children

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Games (board, miniatures, computer, etc.),
Toons, Sci Fi.

From: "Grant Chenoweth" <chenoweth@iclub.org>
Date: 4 Mar 98 00:30:39 GMT

Name:  Grant Chenoweth
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  according to the Lego sets I buy, I'm
usually 8-12
Location:  Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, USA during the summers and Richmond,
Kentucky, USA during school
E-mail Address:  chenoweth@iclub.org   or    stucheno@acs.eku.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  N/A
Marital Status:  recently broke off a 15 month relationship (nothing new in
the works)
Children:  none
Occupation:  full time student (Philosophy major; Religion and English
minors)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  early fall '97
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  125-150
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  One
# of LEGO Pieces:  eight to ten buckets of extra pieces plus the 125-150
sets built plus base plates, etc.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  just the Imagination Center in the Mall of
America

First LEGO Set:  I don't know, but I have some Exxon gas station stuff;
three of the old large figures and three minifigs that don't have
independent arms or legs or painted faces  (I assume that stuff was from
the late seventies/early eighties)
Favorite Theme(s):  Pirates; Divers; Adventurers; Launch Command; Flight;
Town; Town, Jr. (in that order)
Favorite Set(s):  too many to list
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  I built a minifig that looks like me --
blue pants (jeans), freestyle shirt, blue ballcap, red beard (from wild
west sets), and a trumpet (I've been playing for ten or eleven years)
Set/theme you would like to see:  more businesses like doctor's office,
attorney's office, city court, grocery, school, hospital -- anything to
make my town look fuller

Current LEGO Project:  I just want to find a place to put all of them.
Right now they are divided between three locations:  my dormroom, my room
back home, and my office at my dad's lawfirm.  I have plans for a large
city layout with a movie studio at one end of town.  Inside the studio will
be several sound stages where I will have my space, pirate, castle,
adventurers, etc. set up like different movies being filmed.  I'm currently
working on businesses and houses/apartments for my town.  Had a lego
building party in my dormroom last Friday and several friends helped build
a pizzeria, a junk yard/Exxon station, and several row houses.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Around the dorm, I'm known as Lego-boy.
People bring their friends to my dormroom to see all my sets and to
play/build

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Star Wars figures, trumpet, college (I
actually love school--I'm trying to cram four years of school into six!!),
music (over 450 CDs and tapes; 70+/- records), mountain biking,
hiking/camping, canoeing, reading, sewing, cooking

From: mpowell@sr.hp.com (Mike Powell)
Date: 5 Mar 1998 01:40:57 GMT

Name: Mike Powell
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 11 and Up
Location:  Santa Rosa CA
E-mail Address: rci@sonic.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.sonic.net/~rci/legocompressor.htm
Marital Status:  M
Children:  1 (not including myself)
Occupation:  Technician / 3D animatior
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  ~1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50 - 100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: You can do that?
# of LEGO Pieces:  Ahhh... a lot
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  Ahhh... I was 5. I have no clue.
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s): 8459 8480
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Technic Chain Links
Set/theme you would like to see: Star Trek TOS
Current LEGO Project:  The Delivery Spy Claw

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: The best mini LEGO compressor ever

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: feminine contour observations

From: George Bragg <george.bragg@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 01:07:24 -0500

Name: George Bragg
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12?
Location: London, Ontario
E-mail Address: george.bragg@sympatico.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status: married
Children: just me
Occupation: student/computer guy
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: originally, 1992 (?).  Just "rediscovered" the group

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: No idea - lots
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None!
# of LEGO Pieces: 10000 + (?)  No idea, really - I should count...
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Generic LEGO
Favorite Theme(s): Adventurers
Favorite Set(s):
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Skeletons
Set/theme you would like to see: MINDSTORM!!!!!
Current LEGO Project: Trying to organize a fan club at University of
Western Ontario

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Built a model of CN tower almost as tall
as me (5 feet +)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: computers

From: sadone@lara.on.ca
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 22:14:31 -0600

Name: Sean Ballaro
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Young at heart (always)
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
E-mail Address: sadone@lara.on.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s): still being worked on
Marital Status: married
Children: twin boys - 10 months old - PRIMO stage (I'm starting
them young)
Occupation: Transportation Engineering Technologist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: late 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 20 and growing fast
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces: 5000 and growing fast
(found all my old ones from childhood)
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Can't remember - just freestyle sets as a child
Favorite Theme(s): Pirates (too little too late)
Favorite Set(s): Pirate ships
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Skeletons
Set/theme you would like to see: More pirates. (Ninja's should be cool!)
Current LEGO Project: Working on my website (lego and POV Ray)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: convinced my wife that we should start getting
the twins interested in PRIMO so that the transition to DUPLO and freestyle
wouldn't be that hard :)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Disney

From: Vitale.Joe@orbital.com (Joe Vitale)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 18:38:03 GMT

Name: Joe Vitale
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1965
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location: Fairfax, VA, USA
E-mail Address: confetti@mcmprod.com
LEGO/Home Page URL(s): http://www.mcmprod.com (no Lego info there yet)
Marital Status: Married
Children: 0
Occupation: Software Engineer (real-time embedded systems a specialty)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Dec '97
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 35+ but I haven't counted
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None (what would be the point :)
# of LEGO Pieces: There's gotta be over 10,000 by now.
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None (but I'll be goin' to Carlsbad)
First LEGO Set: No idea, that was around 20 years ago.
Favorite Theme(s): Technic & Trains
Favorite Set(s): None, but if I had a favorite, it would be technic.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): None
Set/Theme you would like to see: Mining (coal, diamonds) might be cool
and maybe a 007-like spy theme and how about an international space
station technic model or technic models of ground based rockets like
those used for putting satellite payloads into orbits (sorry, I've
been working in the aerospace industry for the past 5+ years)
Current LEGO Project: I think I'm going to try and build one of NASA's
Crawler Transporters. You know, one of those tractor things that takes
the space shuttle out to the launch pad. My 8480 needs a place to sit.
See http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/visit/kscovrv2.htm for info.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: * shrugs shoulders * I actually carried
around my childhood Lego collection in plastic containers from house
to house during my twenty years in the dark ages. Does this count?
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Alpine skiing, mountain biking, inline
skating, designing and writing software, fictional reading

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net