The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 27

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: robgagno@post.sigma.net (Robin)
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 12:15:46 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Robin Gagnon
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Up to 18
Location:  Montreal - Canada
E-mail Address: nospamrobgagno@post.sygma.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Living with my girlfriend
Children:  none
Occupation:  Network Administratot
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  december 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  230
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2
# of LEGO Pieces:  25000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  Basic 1971, Can't remember the number
Favorite Theme(s):  Train- Town
Favorite Set(s):  SuperCar
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Micromotor
Set/theme you would like to see: WW Train
Current LEGO Project:  Building two towns with train that travel
between them.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Mountain Bike

From: William Kenlon <jwk@eaglenet.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 09:44:26 -0400
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: J. William Kenlon (I forgot my first name ;-))

Gender: Male

Year of Birth: Unknown

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: About 30, 10 or so.

Location: Great Mills, Maryland, USA

E-mail Address: jwk@eaglenet.com

LEGO/home page URL(s): None yet

Marital Status: Very unmarried, unfortunately.

Children: None.

Occupation: Culinary student

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Some time in mid-1996?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: >300 (not enough)

# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Not enough: 3

# of LEGO Pieces: ~25,000? (Not enough)

# of LEGOfests Attended: None.

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None.

First LEGO Set: 886-Moon Buggy, 889-Radar Truck, and 6924-Space Dart-1,
purchased simultaneously.

Favorite Theme(s): SPACE!!  Aquazone, and Wild West.

Favorite Set(s): 487-Space Cruiser, 6987-Message Intercept Base.

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Anything realated to Classic Space,
Blacktron 1, or Space Police 1; Aquaraider minifig.

Set/theme you would like to see: Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Mexican
Village for Wild West, solid designs in Space, an Aquazone sub-theme
without "Aqua-" in its name, cool-looking aliens (for a change), and a
second Space sub-theme which lasts for 11 years straight.

Current LEGO Project: Large futuristic spaceport/city which is sooo big
that its three parts have to be built separately; being Space, Aquazone,
and Western complete.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Large Aquashark Base, Large Unitron
starship, Spaceport/city mentioned above.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Food, cooking, food, cooking, food, cooking,
food, cooking, food, cooking, food, cooking, NASA, LEGO.

If you are selling any boxes to Space, Aquazone, or Western sets, or any
Space sets, contact me...please!!

From: "Tim \"Teem\" Lasko" <hidden@to.avoid.abuse>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 18:02:38 -0400
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Tim "Teem" Lasko
Gender:  male
Year of Birth: 1961
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 9 (But I've got credit cards!)
Location: New Hampshire, mostly
E-mail Address: teeml on AOL, legoteem on Hotmail
LEGO/home page URL(s):
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/2480/index.html
Marital Status: Still taken by my ever-tolerant nikin, the SO.
Children: None that I'm aware of, but I'm a deep sleeper. I'm sure my
sweetie would have told me...
Occupation: Rumor has it that I'm still paid to be a Principal Software
Engineer. You could fool me, though. I'm an occasional webmaster,
editor, project leader, slayer-of-trees, mailroom sorter, meeting
facilitator, Speaker-to-Microsoft, librarian, lab czar, system manager,
tilter-at-the-spam-windmill and release engineer. Writing software--who
does that anymore? You hire college kids to do that and give them either
Gatorade and 40-30-30 bars or Jolt and smack (depending on which
sub-culture you get) and they bang out an MFC-based POS that looks like
every other Microsoft POS in the last three days of your four-week
project after wasting most of their time surfing on the company T1 line
and the rest of it pressing buttons on their Tamogotchis. But do I sound
bitter? No! I'm not bitter. I remember coding a BASIC interpreter in 4
kilobytes on an 8088! I remember hand patching the paper tape for an IBM
360 magnetic tape driver! Do any of these kids remember 8" floppy disks?
Back when they WERE floppy?! Do any of them know how to read Hollerith
code? Sigh. Kids these days. No respect for the old days. What was I
talking about, anyway? Oh, yeah, LEGO! Sorry, ignore all that. Even the
parts that are true. Does anyone read these things anyway?
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1994, but I've been lurking for a few years.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: GAH! I lost track three years ago. I said
600 then. I've got about 60 sitting on the living room floor right now
being demolished and sorted into the existing collection.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Well, in addition to the thirty or so
I'm demolishing and sorting this week, I've got about eighty or so boxes
hiding in the basement, twenty of which are more-or-less investment
quality, and about forty or fifty unopened theme bags. That's probably
an underestimate. My ever-tolerant nikin, the SO, suggests unkindly at
times that I could open up my own toy store.
# of LEGO Pieces: Oh, please.
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: sigh, none

First LEGO Set: Basic Set 105...I still have the box and probably all of
the pieces, although last year I found out my kid sister was holding out
on me! Many years ago when my brother and I vacated the house to go to
college, she crawled through the basement and collected every stray
piece of LEGO she could find. (She was eleven then.) I got to see the
good-sized box she has been hoarding all these years. Lots of classic
70's pieces. Grrrr....
Favorite Theme(s): Town Town Town Town Town (castle) Town (wild west)
Town
Favorite Set(s): Basic set 730; the classic "trees and flowers"
accessory set; Basic Set 725 (I still have about six unopened right
now); oh, and Pizza to Go (forgot the number), a very fun set with those
shallow corner pieces. My favorite sets are those that generate good
parts. For instance, the current Metro PD Station has those GORGEOUS
black windows that I want to incorporate into my own designs.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): my two orange bricks (c. 1970); the
minifig of the ever-tolerant nikin based on the "Joe Cool" head w/blue
sunglasses, black body, brown "woman" hair, and the black, um, vine; any
bevelled brick is great and I especially like black and blue ones; the
big grey castle arches; I've become especially fond of thin wall pieces
and the extreme slope 6x8x1 roof bricks. I'll be putting some of my own
creatiosn on my WWW page using these elements.
Set/theme you would like to see: More complex town sets using nice
architectural elements. I'd like to see a "Classical/Ancients" theme,
even though it would never be done--just not enough kid interest.

Current LEGO Project:

Sorting. Cleaning out the basement so I can get back to building. I've
been on a buying spree lately thanks to some found money and an idle
time in my travels.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Nothing worth mentioning in a while.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

As before, that's still an open question. My main interest is the
ever-tolerant nikin, the SO, my love, my life, my joy, my muse, my
passion, my heart, and for whom I hope to give back large chunks of the
basement that I've taken over with the LEGO projects by her birthday
this year. (There, I've gone and posted it publicly. I'm committed now.
And not much time left, either. I've got a LOT of LEGO and other stuff
to move out.) My sweetie still has the power of finding, which helped me
in several clearance sales this year and even helped me spot a few old
Blacktron sets at Zellers during our last Canada trip that I picked up
on reflex. Her count is now up to ten states, two provinces, and two
other countries. I love her tremendously. Even more than my LEGO,
although she may not think so.

Other than LEGO and my sweetie, our interests include live-action
role-playing and costumery (No, we do NOT dress up as minifigs; she
wouldn't for one and she'd kill me if I did!). We play train games,
build Wattersonian snowmen, enjoy lapidary, science fiction, and good
food. We also travel, shock the locals, and enjoy the childhoods that we
missed out on for one reason or another. I enjoy a few other things that
my sweetie does not, and vice versa. This is goodness. There are other
things as well but I will not share them here. Do not let one interest
consume you.
Tim "Teem" Lasko -- jacking in via Digital Equipment Corporation,
Marlboro MA
My addresses in this post are forged to avoid offensive bulk unsolicited
email.
My opinions are my own; the facts can speak for themselves. I'm on my
own time.

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 19:41:34 -0600
From: espomen@erols.com
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: John Esposito
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1983
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Hey, am I not young enough? :-)
Location: USA
E-mail Address: espomen@erols.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/6148/lego.html
Marital Status: I'm only 14! Duh! <g>
Children: (see above)
Occupation: Computer programmer/geek :-)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Hmm, I think 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 40? I don't know.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0 and proud of it!
# of LEGO Pieces: I have NO idea.
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0 :-(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 :-( :-(

First LEGO Set: Don't remember
Favorite Theme(s): Space
Favorite Set(s): Explorien Starship
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): UFO Leader
Set/theme you would like to see: Classical civilization, Star Wars and
Star Trek
Current LEGO Project: Ice Planet heavy fighter (my brother, mostly)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Up and coming USS Enterprise-E

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, piano, electronics, sci-fi (only
Star Wars and Star Trek, really), submarines, whatever.

Note: I don't post much to RTL because I am having problems with Netscape
Mail, but I occasionally post with DejaNews, like now... ;-)

From: Dennis <"Dennis..Matheson@"@transquest..com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 17:20:05 -0400
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Dennis Matheson
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Atlanta, GA  USA
E-mail Address:  Dennis.Matheson@transquest.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://home.earthlink.net/~tanstaafl
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  0 Human - 3 Dogs
Occupation:  Lead Analyst - Forecast Modeling
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Jan 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  uh.. 12?  (OK! So I just rediscovered
LEGO!)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  None
# of LEGO Pieces:  2-3k
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set:  An unknown basic set 15 years ago.  It built houses.
Favorite Theme(s):  Divers, Aquanauts
Favorite Set(s):  1782 - Discovery Station
   (A sub, a helicopter, a research base with crane, *and* the nifty
    attacking shark.  Lots of things to play with.  And yes, I do make
    the "thwip, thwip, thwip" noise when I play with the helicopter.)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The attacking shark subassembly from
1782
Set/theme you would like to see: A haunted house theme
   (Ghost and goblin minifigs.  Lots of black bricks.  Secret doors with
    skeletons that jump out when opened. etc.)
Current LEGO Project:  Building up my collection

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Least LEGO oriented home page

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Diving, hiking, skiing

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:52:02 -0600
From: Ben Bonebrake <bxb190@psu.edu>
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Ben "Flyin' Ace" Bonebrake
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Around 12 (young enough to enjoy Lego,
                                   but old enough to take good care of
                                   it.)
Location:  Chambersburg, PA, USA (it's about 40 minutes away from
           gettysburg on US 30)
E-mail Address: bxb190@psu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  one coming soon to <A HREF=
"http://www.ma.psu.edu/~bxb190/bandit.htm">My Webpage</A>
Marital Status:  Single(sigh!)
Children:  0 human, 1 cat(Jedidiah), 1 rabbit (Leona), and one guinea
           pig(Dutchy)
Occupation:  Part time dishwasher, part time D.J.(weekends), and full time
             student at Penn State University (Telecomunications major)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  September 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~30 or 40 (increases weekly!)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0 and proud of it
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~2000-3000 (Hey, I don't count pieces)
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  1984 space set: 6824 Space Dart, first set after first
                 dark ages (1986-88): 6808 Galaxy Trekkor, first sets
                 after second (and last) dark ages (mid 1994-mid 1996):
                 The Armada Sentry, and Royal knight's Crossbow boat
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle
Favorite Set(s):  Royal knights and Crusaders(Classic Castle)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  The Two-piece castle helmet(visor +
                              "motorcycle" helmet), BURP's, Straight
                               Castle Walls, castle corner walls, castle
                               turrets, and anything else castley
Set/theme you would like to see: Samarai/ninja subtheme for castle, plus a
                                 new "Good" Knights subtheme, except more
                                 of them having the too cool two piece
                                 helmets.
Current LEGO Project:  Getting more castle pieces, so I can raise my
                       biggest castle another story, (it's currently only
                       three stories high, counting the roof), and
                       expanding my lego castle collection.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  inventing the Ice planet color scheme on a
                              spaceship two years before the Lego group
                              came out with the Ice planet theme, and
                              haveing this same set in more or less the
                              same configuration (with a few
                              modifications) since 1989 (this, three
                              pirates, a firing cannon, and an Islander
                              set were the only things to survive my
                              second dark ages), and inventing a flyer for
                              the Royal Knights (It's sorta based on the
                              Gnomish flying machine used in Warcraft 2).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Biking, Action figures (especially
Star Wars), Electronics, Chess, and Medival history

From: "Foothills" <foothills@psnw.com>
Date: 10 Sep 1997 15:52:46 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Kevin Deisher
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  20
Location:  near Yosemite, California
E-mail Address: foothills@psnw.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  married
Children:  Three; 2 boys ages 11 & 8 and 1 girl age 6
Occupation:  Project Manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  100+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  25000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  Some basic set around 1970...no idea of the number
Favorite Theme(s):  AquaZone
Favorite Set(s):  Explorien starship
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  none
Set/theme you would like to see: Greek / Roman / Egyptian
Current LEGO Project:  Teaching my kids how to build and be creative

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Baseball, hockey

From: Jason Moulding <pcjmould@ihc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 17:28:37 -0600

Name:  Jason Moulding
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Salt Lake City, UT
E-mail Address: pcjmould@ihc.com & gr8whiteshark@msn.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  married
Children:  None
Occupation:  Student/Hospital Administration
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  June 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  85
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  Don't know
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: one, in Billund

First LEGO Set:  I don't know, maybe an old double decker bus from the
70s.
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle
Favorite Set(s):  6066 Camoflauged Outpost
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Forestmen
Set/theme you would like to see: Military
Current LEGO Project:  Trying to become castle complete.  Almost there,
just waiting to get my sets in the mail.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Went to Billund
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  skiing, raquetball, sharks, and my wife.

From: Cabhammer <cabhammer@geocities.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:24:36 -0400
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version

Name: Craig Squier
Gender:  male
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13 (Old enough
for Technic!)
Location: Northern New York
E-mail Address: cabhammer on geocities, see below
for work.
LEGO/home page URL(s): None (snifff)
Marital Status: Married, she tolerates Lego only
because it keeps me out of trouble.
Children: One 11 month old big-boy (tm). He has
Pre-Duplo and the new Lego caterpillar toy, he has
already explored dad's collection with his
mouth...he will have his own seperate Lego
collection when he gets older.
Occupation: Mechanical Engineer, must be from all
the Technic kits I had as a kid. (Kinda like
physics, too) Eventually I will be able to retire
to just play with Lego (or read Sci-Fi)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1991, but I had a Dark Age
of no access for a few years.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: According to my wife
: too many. Me: Not enough by far.I probably have
ten cubic meters of boxes and legos packed away.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: I think three.
Mostly second sets I got at clearance, saving them
for later.
# of LEGO Pieces: I need a Cray to count them.
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None, however i have
a friend in Mineapolis who will be required to host
me so I can see the Lego stuff at the Mall of
America

First LEGO Set: I think it was the Cement factory,
i had all the first year sets as a kid (still have
pieces but no instructions)
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Technic, and Train. I like
the Classic Space and new UFO stuff too.
Favorite Set(s): I love the Supercar 8880, I also
have been toying with putting a jake in my Big Rig

Current LEGO Project: Sorting all my assorted
bricks that don't have sets instructions or boxes.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Bagged 20 pounds of
Lego at a yard sale for $5 once.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

Reading Sci-Fi. BattleTech in all its forms (CCG,
RPG, and Computer Games) Racing VWs. (Playing with
my son (and his non-lego toys ;) ) Shooting Sports.

-
SPAM will not be tolerated!  Cabhammer
e-mail to: squier01@ssw.alcoa.nospam.com
Anti-spam: Remove "nospam" to email me.

From: "Greg Kramer" <kramer@bignet.net>
Date: 13 Sep 1997 01:23:22 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Greg Kramer
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Harrison Twp, MI
E-mail Address: kramer@bignet.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Ugh!  I don't have a home page yet! How
mortifying!
Marital Status:  Married 3 yrs
Children:  0
Occupation:  Software Development Manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August, 1997 (very new here)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Approx 50 for keeping, another dozen or so
for trade
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Currently about ten, but I don't know
how many will
	make it to Monday.
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  I was too young to remember.  I inherited some pieces
>from  my older sisters
around 1972 or so.  I still have some of these.  They're so old the bricks
still have "Patent Pending" (or its abbreviation) stamped on them.  But I
don't know what set they're from.

Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Castle, Space

Favorite Set(s):  Probably my old Galaxy Explorer (sigh). I miss her.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I once owned what I would call the "Grand
Slam" of LEGO:  Four of the classic sets, from each genre of the time (late
70s):  Galaxy Explorer from space, Main Street from Town, the original
yellow Castle, and the first expert series Auto Chasis.  Sadly, none of
them survived my Dark Ages.  I have a few of the pieces, and the tattered
instructions of the castle, but nothing else...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Tennis, Magic the Gathering

In the past 6 weeks since coming out of my dark ages (maybe I'll have to go
back and pinpoint the date, so I can celebrate it as an anniversary), I've
tried to rebuild my old lego collection by going to my nephews house (who
inherited my LEGO) and getting some of the pieces that remained of my
collection, and going on a shopping binge to find recently-discontinued
sets locally.  The 50 or so sets I now have I have accumulated in the past
six weeks, at an almost exhaustive pace (both for me and my budget).  But
it's been a great time!

From: Danton Berube <dabesq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:29:06 -0500

Name:  Danton Asher Berube, Sr.
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13
Location:  Memphis, Tennessee
E-mail Address:  dabesq@earthlink.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  divorced and engaged (not to the same woman)
Children:  2 -- Asher, 7 years old, and Michelle, 6 years old
Occupation:  Attorney -- Clients include two major railroads
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  35 (most belong to my son)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  5
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea -- but about 10 critical pieces less than I
am supposed to have
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none -- I'm not even quite sure what one is
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  none YET, but as soon as southern
California's opens we're there -- plus I will probably visit the
original in Europe one day
First LEGO Set:  Much too long ago to remember
Favorite Theme(s):  Trains
Favorite Set(s):  Metroliner -- if I can ever find one!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see:
Current LEGO Project:  Assembling a train collection

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  My son, no doubt about it -- He is very
excited because he has two entries in the Midsouth Fair Lego contest
and, judging by the competition we saw when we delivered his models, he
has a good chance of winning a ribbon! :-)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, reading, travel

From: rfarver@enter.net (Rob Farver)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 21:07:55 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:                               Rob Farver
Gender:                             Male
Year of Birth:                      1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:   Haven't given it much thought
Location:                           Bath, PA (near Allentown)
E-mail Address:                     rfarver@enter.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):              http://www.enter.net/~rfarver
Marital Status:                     Married
Children:                           Rachael (2.5y), Michelle (11m)
Occupation:                         Field Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:             late 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:       A lot (really I have no idea)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:   ~220 (including 40 I bought today)
# of LEGO Pieces:                   I'll have to work on that
# of LEGOfests Attended:            0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:      0 (but can't wait for Carlsbad)

First LEGO Set:                     I believe that would be the
                                    Technic Sky Ranger? A medium
                                    black and yellow plane.
Favorite Theme(s):                  Model Team/Train/Town
Favorite Set(s):                    5571 Giant Truck
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):    Purple piece from Technic Robot
Set/theme you would like to see:    Remote controlled Model Team
Current LEGO Project:               Working on an Auction actually

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:        Getting my wife to start playing
                                    by buying a couple DUPLO trains
                                    for Rachael, which she almost
                                    pushes Rachael out of the way to
                                    build.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:         Adventure/3D games on PC, Stamp
                                    Collecting, Gourmet Cooking

From: "C.D." <skywise@bigfoot.com>
Date: 1 Oct 1997 21:13:02 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Chris Dial

Gender: Male

Year of Birth:  1970

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Thriving(?), According to my wife: 12

Location:
Tulsa, OK USA

E-mail Address:
skywise@bigfoot.com

LEGO/home page URL(s):
N/A (yet)

Marital Status:
Married

Children:
3

Occupation:
Network Engineer

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:
About 12 Sept. 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:
13?  I've stopped counting...

# of Unopened Sets in Collection:
0

# of LEGO Pieces:
???

# of LEGOfests Attended:
0 (never heard of them before)

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:
0 (missed my chance to go to the one in Denmark :( )

First LEGO Set:
First?  That was a Basic set of some kind back in the 70's...
More recently, it was the SuperNova II, in 1991.

Favorite Theme(s):
Castles, no question.  Wolfpack rules!  I've always wanted to get into
trains, but $ got in the way.

Favorite Set(s):
Wolfpack Tower, Followed by the rest of the castles...

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Skeletons!  They're just too cool!

Set/theme you would like to see:
Maybe a palace.  Something with a grand ballroom.  Or more of the "village"
stuff like some of the older sets.

Current LEGO Project:
Working on a Tavern with an underground complex.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
Convincing my wife to let me bid on Auczilla...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
My Family, Computers, RPG, Biking, Camping, Reading

From: dalcorn288@aol.com (DAlcorn288)
Date: 3 Oct 1997 18:05:03 GMT
From: cjc@cdc.net (Mike Stanley)
Date: 3 Oct 1997 21:06:47 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Mike Stanley
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location:  Knoxville, TN
E-mail Address: cjc@cdc.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://funnelweb.utcc.utk.edu/~stajm/mylego.htm
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  1 Cat
Occupation:  Computer geek/student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  March 1997?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  200+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 30-40
# of LEGO Pieces:  Billions and Billions
# of LEGOfests Attended: Zero
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Zero

First LEGO Set:  Some 1970's basic set
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle
Favorite Set(s):  6081 King's Mountain Fortress
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Princess from 6081
Set/theme you would like to see: Feist or Jordan's worlds done in Lego
Current LEGO Project:  Trying to find space for too many sale items

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Leading my wife to Legomania :)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading (fantasy), writing (poetry), lots more.

From: Chad Smith
Date: 6 Nov 1997 13:53:53 -0800

Name:     Chad M. Smith
Gender:    Male
Year of Birth:     1972
Mental Age / Status of Inner Child:     10 or 11
Location:     Mishawaka, Indiana (near South Bend)
E-Mail Address:     csmith@nationalsteel.com
LEGO / Home Page URL:     none yet
Marital Status:     engaged, seven months and counting!
Children:     1 dog (Molly)
Occupation:     Marketing Analyst
On RTL Since:     August 1997
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:     100 +
# of Unopened Sets in LEGO Collection:     none
# of LEGO Pieces:     11,000 +
# of LEGOfests attended:     none
# of LEGO theme parks visited:     none
First LEGO set:     first one I have clear memories of is 780 Road Construction
Favorite Theme(s):     Space & Wild West
Favorite Set(s):     6769 Fort Legoredo, 483 Alpha 1 Rocket Base
Favorite Piece(s) / Minifigure(s):     "home-made" cowboy - Royal King head,
Chef torso, white pants, white cowboy hat (make your own!)
Set / Theme You Would Like to See:     Wild West train...heck, ANY new
Wild West set!
Current LEGO Project:     Sorting my LEGO for future building
Greatest Claim to LEGO fame:     Once built the Millenium Falcon (Yes, I do
have pictures)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:     Huh?  But seriously, science fiction, writing,
bowling, golf, Toastmasters International, planning my wedding

Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 09:05:03 -1000
From: Dan Jezek <danjezek@pixi.com>

Name: Dan Jezek
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 5
Location: Kailua, HI
E-mail Address: danjezek@pixi.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
  1. http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/7864/cragpage.html
  2. http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/7864/index.html
Marital Status: Married to Lego
Children: All those little knights :-)
Occupation: Student (Business Computer Information Systems)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: February 10, 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 77
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: around 15,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Don't know, but the second one was 6382 Fire station.
Favorite Theme(s): Castle
Favorite Set(s): 6086, 6285
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): BURPs & LURPs
Favorite Color scheme: Black + Grey + Green
Set/theme you would like to see: More Castle
Current LEGO Project: None right now.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
  1. Castle Skull Craag Keep
  2. 120+ Lego Links page

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: I'd rather keep that a secret

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 16:17:36 -0400
From: Joakim Karlsson <aviator@mv.mv.com>

Name: Joakim Karlsson
Gender: Boy
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13, trying to get his hands on all
the sets he always wanted when the outer child was 13 too
Location: Concord, NH
E-mail Address: aviator@mv.mv.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.mv.com/users/aviator
Marital Status: girlfriend who comes complete with her own legos
Children: Nope
Occupation: Airport Planner
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: January 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 45 [These are sets that I have at home. I
have many childhood sets that are still with my parents in Austria.]
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces: 6906 [This is the number of pieces in the 45 sets. I
probably have 10,000 counting other miscellaneous pieces and the sets my
parents have.]
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (Billund)

First LEGO Set: I have fuzzy memories of a red delivery truck with
doors on each side that opened, ca. 1970-72. This is possibly 348.
Favorite Theme(s): Space
Favorite Set(s): 487 Space Cruiser
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): White classic space minifig. I'm also
strangely enthralled by the new Technic turntable (see above set).
Set/theme you would like to see: A technic airplane with all movable
control surfaces (aileron, flaps, rudder, elevator), retractable landing
gear, and an engine
Current LEGO Project: Becoming UFO complete.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
I have nearly all the original classic space sets from 1978-1980,
including some
with classic space minifgs that use stickers instead of pre-printed
torsos. I also
have four of the original expert builder sets that later became technic.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
Rock climbing, cycling (road and off-road), hiking, cross-country
skiing, rollerblading, reading

From: Micro <yamiolko@ucsub.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 09:14:46 +0000

Name:  Mike Yamiolkoski
Age:  25
M.S.:  Married
Kids:  none except me
Employment:  Student (Univ. Colorado @ Boulder)
Number of Sets in Collection:  150+
Number of Pieces:  lots
Oldest Set:  1975 (Lunar lander)
Favorite Themes:  Space, trains, FreeStyle
Favorite Set in Collection:  The older-style yellow "King's Castle"

From: Mark Cornell <mcornell@chi.tds.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 00:55:18 -0500

Name:  Mark Cornell
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 11/He's in control :)
Location:  Concord, NH, USA (but my soul is in Tucson, AZ)
E-mail Address:  mcornell@chi.tds.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  SLW
Children:  none
Occupation:  Attorney
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  55ish
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  8 (one to mail, three waiting to be built,
three waiting to trade, one just holding   on to)
# of LEGO Pieces:  4,000-5,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set: A bunch of bricks from 1974(?)
Favorite Theme(s):  Pirates
Favorite Set(s): 6277
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): I can't pick just one.....
Set/theme you would like to see:
Current LEGO Project:  Collecting Pirates, getting those Shell sets from my
distant relatives in Germany, and facing my adiction to special bits of ABS
plastic.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Being known at the post office as the attorney who
gets Legos in the mail. (The  postal workers can recognize that magic sound of
Legos being shaken in a box.)

   Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Miniature Wargames, bad TV, margaritas.

From: Ole Martin Bjoerndalen <olemb@stud.cs.uit.no>
Date: 20 Jan 98 23:33:46 +0100

Name:  Ole Martin Bjørndalen
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  very active
Location:  Tromsø, Norway
E-mail Address:  olemb@stud.cs.uit.no
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.cs.uit.no/~olemb/lego/
Marital Status:  not
Children:  none
Occupation:  student / artist / all-round computer guy
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996, on and off

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 100? 200? 300?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  none
# of LEGO Pieces:  never too many
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  one (Billund)

First LEGO Set:  probably a Duplo set
Favorite Theme(s):  town!
Favorite Set(s):  #6693, #6378, #6392, #6372...
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see:  reintroduce classic town!
Current LEGO Project:  my buzzing metropolis, and various
architectural experiments

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  third place in the Tromsø round
of the official LEGO building contest

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  just about anything, appearently

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net