The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 24

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Bruce Jones" <brujon@axent.com>
Date: 31 Jan 97 21:02:18 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Bruce Jones
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  about 10 today
Location:  Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
E-mail Address: brujon@axent.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  M
Children:  4 ages 7.5, 5.5, 3.5, .5
Occupation:  Software engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  been a lurker for a couple of years

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~75
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 18 (all from the Target clearance)
# of LEGO Pieces:  lots
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:me 0, wife 1 (She's Danish)

First LEGO Set:  late 60s, The big red/white 4x2 bricks
Favorite Theme(s):  Wild West, Town/Nautica. Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  Imperial Trading Post
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  ?
Set/theme you would like to see: Indiana Jones Adventures
Current LEGO Project:  None

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
Had a Christmas tree this year decorated entirely with mini-figs.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Volleyball, Mt biking, soccer coach,
	playing with the kids, reading.

From: "Blue Buschert" <BlueBus@IX.NetCom.Com>
Date: 1 Feb 1997 05:25:36 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  					Blue Buschert
Gender:  				Male
Year of Birth:  			8/19/60
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  	-.8 to 250+ constantly
Location:  				Grand Rapids, Michigan
E-mail Address:				BlueBus@IX.NetCom.Com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  		None
Marital Status:  			Married
Children:  				0, not including me
Occupation:  				Information Technology Consultant
					WAN Administrator - Amway Aviation,
					Magic Carpet Aviation (Orlando)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  		1/31/97 (approx 4 hours ago)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  		100+ (currently developing DB)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:	3 (until l8r today)
# of LEGO Pieces:  			15,000+ (DB in works)
# of LEGOfests Attended:		0 (will fix)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:		0 (will fix)

First LEGO Set:  			1965 - box of real basic pieces
Favorite Theme(s):  			Trains, Town, Trains, Technic,
					Trains, Model, Trains, Boat
Favorite Set(s):  			All Trains (?), & Town;
					But love everything LEGO
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  	n/a
Set/theme you would like to see: 	Want trains back, Star Trek, Star Wars,
					Houses (normal/?) for town

Current LEGO Project:  			Using my uncompleted 5x10 foldup
					N guage railroad cabinent to house a
					foldup LEGO town/railroad instead -
					until we find a new home (house).

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  		Taking over a bedroom (10x20) and
					completely covering the entire area
					with town/railroad sets.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  		Computers, Music (MIDI), Electronics,
					Motorcycles (new), AD&D since '78,
					Model Railroading, Model Building,
					Gaming, Role Playing, Reading,
					Home Refinishing, Movies, ...

From: tom <atkinson@aware.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 20:55:02 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Tom Atkinson
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1960
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10
Location:  southern New Hampshire
E-mail Address:atkinson@aware.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none (yet)
Marital Status:  yes
Children:  2 ...  5 and 6 mos.
Occupation:  electronic hardware design engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  lurking for almost a year

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~75
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  3 (they're really my sons or they
would be open by now!)
# of LEGO Pieces:  10000???
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:   0

First LEGO Set:  some kinda basic set from 1962
Favorite Theme(s):  technic (now anyway)
Favorite Set(s):  8460 pneumatic crane truck
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  motors motors motors!
Set/theme you would like to see: "how things work" series, in which the
designs model the way things _REALLY_ work.
Current LEGO Project:  I've been working on a snowblower for a while
now, fortunately we haven't got much snow this year :) It will be a two
stage blower with foward and reverse plus an auger engage lever.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I can remember lego pieces that I haven't
heard even mentioned... 4x8 by maybe 2 brick tall clear garages with
gray door that slides up and in. These came with little one piece cars
with turning wheels..??..???

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  computers, music, procrastination...(I am
at work on a Saturday, but writing to RTL)

From: Blueberry Stud Muffin <tjhunter@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 22:44:40 -0600

Name:			Todd J. Hunter
Gender:			Male
Location:  		Urbana, IL
Marital Status:		Unmarried, as Yet
E-mail Address:		tjhunter@uiuc.edu
On R.T.L Since:  	Late Summer, 1995
First LEGO Set:	 	#3667 Bakery Shoppe (Excl. DUPLO)
Favorite Theme:  	1980s Town
Favorite Model:  	#730, Followed by #6980
Favorite Mini-figure:  	Burgundy-collared Woman from #6002 & #6382
Greatest Claim:		Probably "His Majesty's Court," @ 950 Pcs.
Set I Wish Existed:	A Posh 1980s-style Hotel w/ Spa (for Town)
			A Victorian Mansion Would've Also Been Great,
                        as Would Peasants' Homes for the 1980s Castle
			Theme.  Perhaps an Official "The Price Is
			Right" Model, with Permission from CBS
Other Interests:	Foreign Languages, Imported Junk Food,
			Writing, Old Cars, Travel, Under-rated
			'60s Bands, Coffee, and Eligible Girls

From: Jeff S Markwell <markwell@eagle>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 19:52:42 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:                              Jeff S Markwell
Gender:                            male
Year of Birth:                     1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  don't know - I think I left him
                                     in Tallahassee
Location:                          Gainesville, Florida USA
E-mail Address:                    markwell@hcs.ufl.edu
                                   markwell@hcs.fsu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):             http://www.hcs.ufl.edu/~markwell
                                   http://www.hcs.ufl.edu/~markwell/lego/
Marital Status:                    single
Children:                          ((460/20+5)^2)/(32*3.5)-7
Occupation:                        computer engineering Master's student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            January 1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      377 sounds familiar
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  less than 10
# of LEGO Pieces:                  more than 10
# of LEGOfests Attended:           0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:     0

First LEGO Set:                    113 and 404 Universal Sets (1978)
Favorite Theme(s):                 Space
Favorite Set(s):                   497 Galaxy Explorer
                                   6980 Galaxy Commander
                                   442 Space Shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   Bat Lord (Knight who says "ni")
Set/theme you would like to see:   a modular moon base
Current LEGO Project:              none

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       U.S. Space complete

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        rock climbing, music (clarinet, tuba)

                     LEGO: SP[cl+++ bt1,fu,sp1++ bt2,sp2,ex+]++++c(US)(928)
                   MT++c(5540) TC++(8880) #+++++ S+ LS- Hri M+ A+ LM- YB75m

From: dhb22@aol.com (DHB22)
Date: 3 Feb 1997 16:43:17 GMT

Name:David
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  69
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location: Alameda,,Nor Cal
E-mail Address:DHB22@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):working on it
Marital Status: Married (wife is Danish)
Children:  1
Occupation:  Investment Advisor
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Nov '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~150
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:5
# of LEGO Pieces:20,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0- going to Bilund in April

First LEGO Set:colored blocks sometime in the 70's  have many red yello
and white space figures form way back when
Favorite Theme(s): town and train
Favorite Set(s):metro liner, mainstreet
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see:reintroduction to town buildings like
hospital, bank, office buildings, houses
Current LEGO Project: Ready for this? I have remodeled my garage(used to
be a workshed) into a finished room so that I may set up my lego town.  Up
to this point my lego boards have been in storage.  My new room is about
250 sq ft and should hold four plywood boards for my town and trains

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: My current project

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Baseball, basketball, football,dogs(2
labs),and my rose garden
DHB22@aol.com

From: karr@shore.net (David Karr)
Date: 5 Feb 1997 22:29:56 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  David A. Karr
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1961
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14 to 64, depending
Location:  Concord, MA
E-mail Address:  karr@shore.net (was karr@cs.cornell.edu)
LEGO/home page URL(s):
  http://www.shore.net/karr/lego/
  http://www.shore.net/karr/
Marital Status:  Married to the NLSOWVC
Children:  Jane (age 7), Polly (age 5)
Occupation:  Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  The Beginning (Jan or Feb 1993)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Not applicable
# of LEGO Pieces:  I guess 8000 between me and the kids
	(I've fallen behind in counting)
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none (sob!)

First LEGO Set: Something with red bricks and other stuff that I got
	in 1963---you think I remember such details that far back?
Favorite Theme(s):  Whatever I decide to build
Favorite Set(s):    Whatever I decide to build
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Huh?  (My choice for reincarnation
	would be a red 2x4 brick, if that matters.)
Current LEGO Project:  That would be telling.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Built a Duplo car at my Ph.D. thesis
	defense ... and passed.  Runners-up: Keeper of the on-line
	archive of the RTL Roll Call; created a Web site cited by a
	LEGO attorney as an example of how not to get sued; designer
	of the LEGO "machine gun."

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Family life, work, my house, and a zillion
	other things I thought I'd get back to after finishing my
	degree, but really haven't yet.

From: Chris Weagel <SChristo@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 10:25:31 -0500
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:Christopher Weagel
Gender:Male
Year of Birth:1981
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:11
Location:St.Clair Shores, MI USA
E-mail Address:SChristo@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):(non-lego)www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/9356
Marital Status:single
Children:none
Occupation:student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:June 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:150+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:Zero, unless road plates count
# of LEGO Pieces:a whole lot
# of LEGOfests Attended:0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:0

First LEGO Set:Basic set whose number escapes me
Favorite Theme(s):Town
Favorite Set(s):Airport Shuttle, MetroPark&Service Tower
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):1x2
Set/theme you would like to see:New Edition Main Street
Current LEGO Project:Still Rebuilding my city

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:Rebuilding the Metro Park and Service Tower
 without instructions

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:The Christopher Weagel Show, Nintendo, MST3K

From: chaotix@weird.cologne.de (Lutz Uhlmann)
Date: 09 Feb 1997 18:53:09 +0100

Name: Lutz Uhlmann
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1072
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12-20
Location: Bonn, Germany
E-mail Address: Chaotix@Weird.Cologne.de
LEGO/home page URL(s): None yet
Marital Status: single
Children: 0
Occupation: student (computer science / biology)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Summer 1996 (Reading only), now also writing

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 200+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 15
# of LEGO Pieces: 28350+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (Billund Denmark, 1982-1986, 1996)

First LEGO Set: 692 as a child, 8868 late 1995 (end of dark age)
Favorite Theme(s): Technic, Town, Trains
Favorite Set(s): 8862, 8868, 8460
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Pneumatics, digger/excavator shovels
Set/theme you would like to see: Model Town, perhaps with models of
				 famous real buildings.
				 Antiquities (Roman, Greek architecture e.g.)

Current LEGO Project: Sorting, Storing, Counting (nearly finished)
		      Making my own Library for PoV-Ray
		      Coding a converter from LDraw to PoV-Ray
		      (GNU-C, using LDraw with OS/2, PoV-Ray under Linux)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Posted 1997 News to RTL in autumn 1996
			     Build a crane:
			     - 8 ft tall
			     - 5 ft wide
			     - fully motorized
			     - 1500 parts
			     Made a spontaneous weekend trip to Legoland
			       Billund in summer 1996 with some people
			       who are not Legomaniacs

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computer graphics, construction sites,
			    party, pinball simulations, etc. pp.

    Chaot!X

Lego: DU,HM,BV FS,TO++ TR+++(4564) BO,FL,PA,SP,CA,PI,AQ+ WW>++ MT+(5571)
      TC+++(8862) MOC>++ #++++ S++ LS++ H!? A HKb LM+ VLr YB72m

From: tcolgan@carroll.com
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 04:25:06 GMT

Name:			Tom Colgan, Jr.
Gender:			Male
Location:  		North New Jersey
Marital Status:		Married
Children:  		1 (2 years-old)
Occupation:  		Computer Programmer
E-mail Address:		Tcolgan@carroll.com

On R.T.L Since:  		Late Summer, 1996
First LEGO Set:	 	#6491 Rocket Racer
Favorite Theme:  		Time Cruisers/Twisters
Favorite Model:  		#6493
Favorite Mini-figure:  	Bat Lord
Greatest Claim:		None as of yet
Set I Wish Existed:		A Saloon for the Wild West Theme
			A Japanese set with Samurai's

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  30
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:
			None (don't beleive in unopened sets)
# of LEGO Pieces:  	1931
# of LEGOfests Attended:  	0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:   0

Other Interests:		Science Fiction, Fencing (Modern & Classical),
Role-playing (G.U.R.P.S.), Magic:the Gathering CCG, My daughter.

From: Chris Lester <c.lester@mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 16:13:14 GMT

Name:                   Chris Lester
Gender:                 Male
Location:               Manchester UK
Marital Status:         Single
Children:               0
Occupation:             System Admin
E-mail Address:         c.lester@mmu.ac.uk
URL
		http://langdale.elec.aca.mmu.ac.uk/chris/lego.html
On R.T.L Since:         Mid 1996
First LEGO Set:         330 Jeep(in ca1969)
Favorite Theme:		Aquazone/Space
Favorite Model:         6135 Sneaker
			6973 Deep Freeze Defender
Favorite Mini-figure:   Any Aquashark
Greatest Claim:         None
Set I Wish Existed:     Starfury (B5)
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:
			90+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:
			None
# of LEGO Pieces:       To many to count
# of LEGOfests Attended:
			0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:
			0
Other Interests:	Babylon 5, Football(soccer),Cricket
			Apollo computers, juggling, Birding.

From: John Willoughby <jvwillou@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 00:50:10 -0800

Name:John Willoughby
Gender:Male
Year of Birth:'67
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 17-22 or so
Location:Madison, WI
E-mail Address:jvwillou@students.wisc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~willough/lego.htm
Marital Status:Nope
Children:Nope
Occupation:Student/Moldmaker
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:late '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:6, all TECHNIC but for one for extra blocks
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:0, hell they're almost open before I get home.
# of LEGO Pieces:2544 - hole s**t, I never counted before!
# of LEGOfests Attended:None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:None

First LEGO Set: Hoe. . .something back in the '70 I suppose, don't remember.
Favorite Theme(s):TECHNIC
Favorite Set(s):Power Pack (I know that's pretty boring . . but . . hey).
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):Gears, shafts . . ect . .
Set/theme you would like to see:IR or RF remote control system.
Current LEGO Project:Was six legged walker (it's on my web page now)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:Well, here goes another plug, my six legger and
my own LEGO stackable storage tray (also on web page).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:Cars (real ones)

From: dvdmldr@dordt.edu (David Mulder)
Date: 6 Mar 1997 23:34:26 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Dave Mulder
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14ish (on a good day :-)
Location:  Sioux Center, IA
E-mail Address: dvdmldr@dordt.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  working on it... :-)
Marital Status:  engaged
Children:  n/a
Occupation:  student--educatoin major
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  lurking since Andre' Kok (my roommate) directed
                                me here in spring of '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  25ish at school, 40ish at home in
                                        California
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  2200ish at school, probably 4700ish at home
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: does the Mall of America exhibit count?

First LEGO Set: not sure of the number, but it was a clssic space
                        set (1980?), gray ship with two big boosters
                        on the sides, including a red space minifig.
Favorite Theme(s):  Aquazone, Space (Spyrius, Ice Planet, Roboforce has
                        promise), Divers (though I don't yet own any)
Favorite Set(s):  Spy Shark (#6135), Deep Sea Predator (#6155), Eagle
                        Stunt Flyer (#6615), Saucer Centurion (#6939)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): BURPs
Set/theme you would like to see: farm theme
Current LEGO Project:  slowly but surely getting enough LEGO at school
                        to come up with a project.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: (age 11) "Main Street" complete with
                        bank, bakery, city hall, police department,
                        several stores, park, service station, gas
                        station, and auto dealership.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: playing the guitar, usenet, cooking,
                        procrastinating on studies

From: Jeffrey and Tyna Langlitz <jtlanglitz@proaxis.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 20:11:05 -0800
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Tyna Langlitz
Gender:  F
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Oregon
E-mail Address:  jtlanglitz@proaxis.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Sorry, too busy to try yet.
Marital Status:  M
Children:  1 cat (she's a handful!!)
Occupation:  Admin. Assistant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  approx. 1 year

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  235
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  approx. 35
# of LEGO Pieces:  approx. 43,669
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0 :(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0 :(

First LEGO Set:  Yellow castle-unfortunately sold at garage sale :(
Favorite Theme(s): Train
Favorite Set(s):  4558 Metroliner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Red wheel suspension pieces which
 make wheels springy
Set/theme you would like to see:  Office theme with Dilbert-like figures
Current LEGO Project:  Talking my husband into letting me buy all of the
 new '97 sets

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Haven't really had one YET

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading, listening to music, playing WarCraft II

From: tmblendruf@aol.com (TmbleNDRuf)
Date: 8 Mar 1997 02:50:55 GMT

Name:    Jim G.
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:
    1971 (August 11)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
    Uhhhh.... huh huh.... maybe like 14 or something, Beavis. huh huh
Location:
    Union City, CA
E-mail Address:
    TmbleNDRuf@aol.com  -or-   gijimbo@pacbell.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
    Under construction @ members.aol.com/gijimbo
Marital Status:
    Married to a non-LEGOmaniac :/
Children:
    Let's not even go there :)  (none)
Occupation:
    Programmer / Real Estate Analyst
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:
    About a week :)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:
   Rough guess: Around 150 or so, dating back to 1975
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:
    -0- (what's the point???)
# of LEGO Pieces:
    18,000 + (lost about 10K over the years due to LEGO minifig torture
rituals and such) -- working on a detailed inventory, check my website
later
# of LEGOfests Attended:
    Just one -- about 15 years ago (if it was even called a LEGOfest)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:
    None, nada, zilch, GOOSE EGG  }:( That's gonna change though.

First LEGO Set:
    I forget the number, but it was an old-style faceless minifig in a
fork lift.
Favorite Theme(s):
    Technic and Wild West. Trying to get into Fright Knights, but I
dunno...
Favorite Set(s):
    1)  All four LEGO auto chasses -- #956, #8860, #8865, and of course
the SuperCar #8880 (like that's a big surprise)
    2)  Bandit's Hideout -- #6761 I think, shoot me if I'm wrong :)
    3)  #8480 Space Shuttle
    4)  #8858 Rebel Wrecker
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
    The wheels on the SuperCar
Set/theme you would like to see:
    More Technic. PERIOD.
Current LEGO Project:
    Trying to figure out a way to whiten my old white bricks. Hell, if it
can be done to teeth.... :)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
   No claims to fame, but some pretty weird LEGO nightmares....
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
    Hockey, mountain biking, video games, music, GOOFING OFF. :)

From: Elizabeth Klein-Lebbink <eklandjds@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 17:43:35 -0800
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Jerome Scott
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10 or 11
Location:  El Segundo, CA, USA
E-mail Address: eklandjds@earthlink.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): none yet
Marital Status:  M
Children: none (What? and spoil a perfectly good lego collection on
them?)
Occupation: Registered Architect
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Feb 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  prior to fire in 1977-unknown - currently
50+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None - I collect lego not boxes
# of LEGO Pieces: prior to 1977 several thousand - today 12 large
buckets
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 but I have a timeshare in Carlsbad CA
that will be getting some serious use in 1999!

First LEGO Set: can't remember - I was 6 or 7
Favorite Theme(s): space
Favorite Set(s):  currently Red Bird Rig - Love that jet!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  the curved ones that let you connect a
vertical and horizontal piece (ie 90degree gender benders) - technic
otherwise
Set/theme you would like to see: Architectural pieces (doors, windows,
arches, etc.) - in quantity
Current LEGO Project: getting more track for my monorail

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Built a 3 masted schooner out of 'REAL'
lego pieces (none of the namby-pamby specialty pieces available today)
in 1968 and sent the picture to the contest at the Lego club newsletter
of the day (didn't win). My model was 3 feet long and at least 24 studs
wide with cloth sails.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Architecture, computers, Computer Aided
Design, Science fiction

From: "Lauri-Pekka Alanko" <lpa@sci.fi>
Date: 1 Apr 1997 22:20:34 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Lauri-Pekka Alanko
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1959
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  11
Location:  Puomikatu 4 , 33410 Tampere, Finland (Europe)
E-mail Address:  lpa@sci.fi
LEGO/home page URL(s):  hope soon (need a scanner)
Marital Status:  Common law married with Ritva (since 1983)
Children:  Rosa 9 , Kaarlo 6
Occupation:  Hardware electronics designer / homefather
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  January 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  100+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2
# of LEGO Pieces:  estimate between 50 000 and 100 000
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  something that existed  about year 1963
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Pirate, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  6989(MegaCoreMagnetizer),6277(Imperial
tradingPost),5571(ModelteamTruck),8845(ProgramControlUnit)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Turntable(technic), Decorated
arch(from fabuland3798), Green bush / Robot with clear helmet,
skeleton, I love mixing minifig parts

Set/theme you would like to see:  Advanced Computer control
Current LEGO Project: 1) Two wild west cities with mountains and
desert (size 8´x3´)    2) Tryin to get all original technic instructions

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Towns, big houses, harbour,
factory etc.. made for my children and their friends to play
A member of team building "Lego mouse"  -- a computerized
robot to solve a labyrinth.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  R/C airplanes and boats,explosives,
high-voltage,enviromental questions,politics,digital technics,biking

From: flasah@iastate.edu (Pat Schroeder)
Date: 1 Apr 1997 21:45:35 GMT
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Pat Schroeder
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Ames, IA
E-mail Address:  flasah@iastate.edu
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  none
Occupation:  Mechanical Engineering student at Iowa State
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Jan 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  78
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~4800
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  A set of glow-in-the dark blocks I had as a kid.  Now
	they're lost.:(
First LEGO Set I still have:  Saucer Scout
Favorite Theme(s):  Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  Shipwreck Island, Rocky Reef
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Any walls
Set/theme you would like to see:  More Pirates
Current LEGO Project:  Building a giant Pirate compound

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  reading, baseball cards, bowling, die-cast
cars, science fiction, ancient history, architecture, card games, sports

From: Tony Schreiber <dune@thenet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 15:20:02 -0500
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Anthony Schreiber
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: South Florida
E-mail Address: dune@thenet.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): not yet
Marital Status: Married
Children: None
Occupation: Creative Director / WebMaster
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: A few weeks

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: +100?
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: +10000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Universal Building Set
Favorite Theme(s): Space and Technic
Favorite Set(s): ?
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Divers
Set/theme you would like to see: Capitalist Town (mall,parking garage,etc)
Current LEGO Project: maybe a new city...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I have the original expert builder Auto Chassis!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: internet/computer (my job), music, miatas (mine)

From: absolut zero <absolut0@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: 3 Apr 1997 21:09:37 GMT

Name: Reid Worth
Gender: M
Year of Birth: '77
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: eh, 7 going on 8
Location: Austin, Tayexus (that's TX...and no we don't all sound like that)
E-mail Address: absolut0@mail.utexas.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): none..yet
Marital Status: Single :(
Children: Lord, no!
Occupation: student (CS major), part time crap jobs to pay to BE a student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: well..I've been on 3 other toy NGs for over a year,
  but have only been lurking here for a few months, mainly 'cause (for some
  reason I forgot) I dragged out all my old sets, bought some '97 sets, and
  now have LEGO on the brain

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Umm...I have no idea really, >50 but <100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: nada..I can barely afford to buy 'em at all,
                                  damned if I'm not building 'em :P
# of LEGO Pieces: shoot, your guess is as good as mine
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

*but there's some 'thing' that used to come to the mall every now and then,
 that had HUGE LEGO monuments (Statue of Lib., White House, Lib. Bell, Lincoln
 Memorial, etc, etc.)...really impressive stuff..or so it seemed at age 7.

First LEGO Set: <think, think> I _think_ it was the 3-pack that included
  the 6824 Space Dart-I and two other smaller space sets..I've long since
  lost the instr. for all 3, but all the pieces are still around

Favorite Theme(s): Space, space, and space :P (I have quite a few sets from
                   the other themes, but a severe chunk of 'em are Space)

Favorite Set(s): 6980 Galaxy Commander, 6990 Futuron Monorail, 6274 Caribbean
                 Clipper (the 6285 BSB would be in this list too..if I um,
                 had one)

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron figs and the revamped '88 Space
  suit guys (Futuron and such)..especially the elusive black suit guy. Also,
  the original Forestmen.

Set/theme you would like to see: some sort of Military theme...Air Force type
  jets, Aircraft carrier, battleships, tanks, jeeps, etc. (and I don't wanna
  hear about "guns and such are bad"..lookit all the guns in the Pirates and
  WW themes..not to mention _dynamite_ for Pete's sake.

Current LEGO Project: Putting all the old stuff back together is enough for
  now..but I do have two semi-original creations that are still intact...one
  is a variation on the middle pod of the 6894 Blacktron Invader..sorta like
  a Dignitary shuttle that stands alone, as well as combines with the Invader
  (and the Blacktron leader for me, was the only original black suit space guy
   I had...see, he was a traitor, split off and formed BT :P)

   I also built something that looks suspiciously like the Alien Moon Stalker
   (since I never had one, but wanted one) crossed with a SW AT-AT...main
   difference is it uses 8 corner castle pieces for the sides, as opposed to
   those funky 2-way sloped windows. I built a Blacktron clone of it, but
   it was 'defeated' shall we say..it'd be easy to rebuild, as I still have
   the 'original'.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: As for totally original creations...I built
  a fairly large Enterprise..two different times, when I was young. The
  second was a heck of a lot more sturdy and just better looking than the
  first. Unfortunately...to build it, I had to snag pieces from just about
  EVERY Space set I owned, so when I wanted to build the original sets back,
  well, I watched Star Trek III and re-enacted the end :P I made some
  instructions...but I was only maybe 10-11, and while they seemed to make
  perfect sense at the time...they're pretty unintelligble now (although,
  I can make out the basic design..plus I've gotten lotsa sets/pieces since,
  so I could probably improve on it).
  I also built a Millenium Falcon at some point, using 2 sets of grey
  airplane wings for the front part...the best thing was, it used mostly
  castle pieces (grey, ya know) so it lasted longer than the Enterprise,
  and actually was 'part' of my Space setup for a while. Alas...I never
  made instructions, but IIRC it was really nice.

  Oh..these were both at minifig scale..well, not SCALE scale (as the
  Enterprise woulda been huge), but you get my drift)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Well, I'm a toy junkie...I got back into all
  sorts of other things about 2 years ago...old Star Wars toys, old
  Transformers (as well as the new SW and TF lines..how else do you think
  I wandered into the LEGO aisle, and bought all the Robo-Force sets?),
  and misc. assorted action figures, those 1:18 die cast cars (since I'll
  never get a 1:1 '63 Cobra). Also, CDs, concerts, movies, and computers
  to touch on other stuff that's 'interesting' to me (notice, Univ. of TX
  ain't in there).

*Just to add another factoid not on the survey...most recent purchase..

I always wanted a Space Shuttle..not some crazy freaky Space vehicle..I
mean, NASA shuttle. Unfortunately, I reached that "Hey man, I'm too old for
toys" stage circa 1989-90 (my last set as a 'kid' was the Caribbean Clipper)
and exited stage left before the 1682 Town Space Shuttle came out. I vaguely
remember seeing it back then..but never got it. Now I trot back into the
scene and find that I've apparently missed the bigger-better-badder 6339
Launch Command Shuttle Launch Site set. Well..I didn't find that, but I found
a dusty ol' 6544 Shuttle Transcon 2 the other day..near as I can tell, the
shuttle from this set is 99% identical to the one in 6339, so I'm kinda
happy..I have a bona-fide Space Shuttle (to encounter the UFO aliens come
July)...albeit..about 10 years later than I would've liked.

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net