The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 22

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: "Jeff Prince" <riptrack@concentric.net>
Date: 4 Jan 1997 07:23:41 GMT

Name: Jeff Prince
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location: Vandenberg AFB, CA
E-mail Address: riptrack@concentric.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.concentric.net/~riptrack  (no LEGO yet)
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: 2 (boys 7 and 9)
Occupation: USAF
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: October 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: approx 75
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 10
# of Pieces: not enough
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Basic set, about 1965
Favorite Theme(s): Trains
Favorite Set(s): Club car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Still like the original gears form 1960's
Set/theme you would like to see: Expanded U.S. Trains
Current LEGO Project: Auctioning off my unwanted sets; building new things
with my boys;

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Surviving Mandroid's bids in my auction

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Railroads, model trains, and computers

Most traumatic LEGO event in my life: When my mom gave away all my LEGO
"toys" while I was stationed in Germany!

From: Rhonda Whiting <whiting@inmind.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 17:21:28 -0500

Name: Rhonda Whiting
Gender: F
Year of Birth: 1960
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: about 23
Location: Central VA
E-mail Address: whiting@inmind.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: Married
Children: 3
Occupation: Full time Mom and major purchaser of Lego!!
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Oct.96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 0, but the kids have a Lot and I'm getting
the urge to own some myself!!
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: are you kidding??
# of LEGO Pieces: an old trunk full
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: I'll let you know
Favorite Theme(s): Paradisa- daughter; Space- son; I like the
Aquasharks!
Favorite Set(s): ?
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): ? Would like to see the Ice Babe and
Castle Maiden, though.
Set/theme you would like to see: ?
Current LEGO Project: Trying to help my son organize his Legos before
his 3 and 1 year old cousins visit!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: bought a ton of old Space, Space Police,
and Ice Planet Legos (about $200 worth) for $20 at a local flea market!!
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: reading Regencies, sewing, cobalt blue
glass, singing, shopping, and keeping up with the family! :)

From: "James J. Trobaugh" <thinice@avana.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 08:54:23 -0500

Name:	James J. Trobaugh (Thin Ice)
Gender:  Guy
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location:  North Georgia Mountains
E-mail Address: thinice@avana.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  www.avana.net/~thinice
Marital Status:  M
Children:  1 on the way
Occupation:  A/V System Programer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Aug. 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~90
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 3
# of LEGO Pieces:  'bout 7000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0 - need to have one in Georgia
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Lunar Launcher
Favorite Theme(s):  Train/Town
Favorite Set(s):  2150 RetroStation
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Brown Jacket Truck Driver
Set/theme you would like to see: Downtown Shops / Main Street
Current LEGO Project:  Computer control of my train layout

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none to speak of as of now

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Camping,Computer Animation & Video
Production

From: Bill Stahl <billgs@best.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 16:19:35 -0800

Name: Bill Stahl
Gender:  m
Year of Birth: 1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location:  Santa Clara , CA
LEGO/home page URL(s): (Not Lego Oriented; yet)
http://www.best.com/~billgs
Marital Status: NLSO
Children:  0
Occupation:  Application Engineer for Alias|Wavefront, a Silicon
Graphics Co.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  May 1996
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~ 24
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: ~ 4
# of LEGO Pieces: ?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0
First LEGO Set:  Basic set in the early 70's
Favorite Theme(s): Tecnic
Favorite Set(s):  Space Shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s) Lunar Lander minifig
Set/theme you would like to see: Technic Military or Mecha themes
Current LEGO Project:  Buying more
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  High End 3D Computer Graphics, Sailing,
Computer Games, Anatomical Illustration.

From: AlexChan@juno.com
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 19:47:07 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Alex Chan
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1980
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Only Child
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
E-Mail Address: AlexChan@juno.com
LEGO/Homepage URL: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8318/trains.html
Marital Status: single
Children: none
Occupation: Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: July 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 100+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: More than 10000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Fabuland (I forgot specfic model #, but it is a house
	with an elephant and a boat)
Favorite Theme(s): Trains, Model Team, Town
Favorite Set(s): Metro Liner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): /
Set/theme you would like to see: Trains should be expanding!!! Also,
	the reexistence of Fabuland
Current LEGO Project: Nope

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: /

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, Books, Music

From: sbs@sojourn.com (sbs@sojourn.com)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 1997 23:29:02 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Steve Smith
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
E-mail Address: sbs@sojourn.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): None, I'm not that technologically advanced (yet)
Marital Status: Single
Children: None (other than myself)
Occupation: Emergency Mental Health Clinician
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1994 (mostly just lurking)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Way too many too count
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None
# of LEGO Pieces: Way way way too many to count
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None

First LEGO Set: Oh, its been so long ago I can't remember
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Wild West
Favorite Set(s): Um, gee, I have so many....
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see:
Current LEGO Project:

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Two planes collided on the airport runway
once, but the event didn't make the media (outside of Legoland).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Reading, computers, watching sports (playing
some), playing tennis, watching tv/movies

From: Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 23:36:06 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Tore Eriksson
Gender: M
Year of Birth: '62
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Varying
Location: Katrineholm, Sweden
E-mail Address: tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-20413/
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: Daughter, born '91
Occupation: Cable Wire Wrapper :o(
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 9608

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 0
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: Probably > 10000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Probably 315 "Tin Lizzie"
http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-20413/fold16a.jpg
Favorite Theme(s): Non
Favorite Set(s): Non
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): red 45 deg roof
Set/theme you would like to see: Old style windows (back to the roots)
Current LEGO Project: My parents' home

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: SimLego for the PC project.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: The Bible, raising my daughter,
C-programming, cheap SF-movies, electronics

------------------------ Tore Eriksson ------------------------
 LEGO: MOC++++ TC+ FL-- S---- LS->+++ H,A@ HKsb LM-- VLd YB@m
-------------- http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-20413/ --------------
----------- mailto:tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se -----------

From: joeyp21569@aol.com (JoeyP21569)
Date: 5 Jan 1997 05:55:19 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Joe Paradis
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14/ Sleeping
Location:  North Carolina
E-mail Address:  joeyp21569@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Yeah, when is there time for that?
Marital Status:  On the rocks
Children:  0
Occupation:  Architect
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  June '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Well over 200
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  Are you kidding?
# of LEGO Pieces:  More than I'd like to count.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  Basic set #145 (in 1977)
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Town, & Town (Technic, if used with town)
Favorite Set(s):  Main Street #6390 & Launch & Load Seaport #6542
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Overhead garage doors/Sgt. Stadako
Set/theme you would like to see:  To take town to the next level, CITY!
Current LEGO Project:  Idle

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Helping children build a city at a museum

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Architecture, computer (Mac), painting,
sketching, chilling on the beach, camping in the mountains

From: s381259@gettysburg.edu (Dan Arcari)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 01:00:09 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Dan Arcari
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10/Very active, looking for something to eat
Location:  Avon, CT/Gettysburg, PA (College)
E-mail Address: s381259@gettysburg.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none, yet
Marital Status:  single
Children:  0
Occupation:  student/computer technician & database programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Jan. 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 70
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,000+, never counted
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 6970 Beta-1 Command Base
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, esp. M-Tron
Favorite Set(s):  Monorail Transport Base
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  none/original Blacktron fig
Set/theme you would like to see:  Model Team Star Trek ships
Current LEGO Project:  rebuilding all my space stuff after too many years
of cold storage

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I'm in college and still play with them...
they're all over my dorm room.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, Star Trek, Star Wars, X-Files,
composing music, writing fiction, reading SF/fantasy, football

From: Rick Jenkins <rljenk@weberassoc.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 20:32:44 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Rick Jenkins
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  68 going on 12
Location:  Reston, Virginia
E-mail Address: RLJenk@weberassoc.com, and @aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://members.aol.com/rljenk
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation: Graphic Artist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Fall 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~60
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: There is nothing much sadder than an
unplayed toy.
# of LEGO Pieces: never enough
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set:  some DUPLO set
Favorite Theme(s):  space, town, aquazone
Favorite Set(s):  LL924, #4554 Metrostation
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 1x2 brick with down arrow
Set/theme you would like to see: Town
Current LEGO Project:  Just added 3-story Octan Service Plaza to my
space outpost

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  The jury is still out

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  architecture, design, macintosh computing

LEGO: TO++(4554) SP (cl+)++(487) AZ++ MOC+++ S-- #+ LS- Haw M+ YB71m

From: Fred Doebbler <fredd33@mail.idt.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 23:56:28 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  James Joshua Doebbler
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1982
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Houston, TX, USA
E-mail Address:  fredd33@mail.idt.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  Unmarried of course (I'm only 14 for cryin; out loud;))
Children:  None
Occupation:  Freshman in Cypress Falls High School
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  mid '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 50
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  5
# of LEGO Pieces:  5000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  None

First LEGO Set:  6820 Starfire I
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  8480 Space Shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  ALL
Set/theme you would like to see:  Technic theme based entirely on robots
with a flexible micropressor for intergrating with LEGO
Current LEGO Project:  I just finished a tracked motorized Technic
vehicle that is triangular in shape and can travel on any of the three
sides. (Apologies for those LEGO purists, but not having the new Technic
8229 Tread Trekker I am using the treads from an old Capsela set I have.)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Impressing my very non-lego dad by proving
you could build almost anything with LEGO

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  HP48GX calculator and programs, computer
anything (especially programming), puzzles, reading

From: dchapman@vnet.ibm.com
Date: 6 Jan 1997 17:48:44 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Dale Chapman
Gender:  Male - despite the gender neutral name :)
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14 - Only because of technic :)
Location:  Toronto, Ontario
E-mail Address: dchapman@vnet.ibm.com OR dgchapm@ibm.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  0
Occupation:  Computer Programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Late 1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~40
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: ?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  some basic brick set from ~1970
Favorite Theme(s): Technic, town
Favorite Set(s): original rocket launcher from early 1970's
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): none

Set/theme you would like to see:

Current LEGO Project: None :(

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: built an aircraft carrier with an in-deck elevator

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, model making, cooking, sports (a Boston
Bruins fan in the land of the Leafs), movies

Dale Chapman
dchapman@vnet.ibm.com

From: activeim@perth.DIALix.oz.au (Sue Ann Barber)
Date: 7 Jan 1997 10:09:41 +0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Sue Ann Barber
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10-ish
Location:  Perth, Western Australia
E-mail Address: activeim@perth.dialix.oz.au
LEGO/home page URL(s):  still thinking about it
Marital Status:  single, but not available
Children:  none
Occupation:  teacher
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  early 1995 (but dropped out for a while)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: just over 100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2 (a Blacktron base and a Space Police set)
# of LEGO Pieces: lots - never counted or estimated
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 - Windsor opened 3 months after i was there

First LEGO Set: a mid-70s basic set (and my brother's cast-offs)
Favorite Theme(s):  Space/Fabuland
Favorite Set(s):  Time Cruiser Flybo - reminds me of a friend's comic strip
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  the ghost and the skeleton
Set/theme you would like to see:  haven't thought about it
Current LEGO Project:  sorting all the pieces back into their sets and
working out what pieces I'm missing. after that I'll make up all the sets
again!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Making my friends realise that Lego is
still really cool.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: science fiction, viewmasters, pez, kinders,
yo-yos, smurfs, character dolls (the list goes on and on..) - I'm a
pop-culture junkie!

From: shazam@flash.net (Shazam)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 03:49:14 GMT

Name:  Tim Morriss
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Little Rock, AR
E-mail Address:  shazam@flash.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none yet
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  none
Occupation:  Design Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  a long time ago

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  80

# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  none!  This isn't a museum.

# of LEGO Pieces:  many thousands and thousands...haven't had time to
count lately

# of LEGOfests Attended:  none

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  none

First LEGO Set:  early 70's collection inherited from cousins

Favorite Theme(s):  Expert/Technic

Favorite Set(s):  8880 Super Car

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Technic worm gear.  It makes new
possibilities.

Set/theme you would like to see:  A return to sets with far fewer
specialized parts.  The 1776 Value Bucket is what I call a good start.

Current LEGO Project:  A scale model of the space shuttle, sized to
accomodate the legoland space figures, with lighted cargo bay, lighted
cabin, and motorized cargo bay doors.  All dimensions scaled from
drawings of the real thing.  Currently about 3.5' long, using Technic
pieces for interior structural elements, but all outside finishing
using non-Technic elements.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  As a youngster, found the 8860 Auto
Chassis (an $80 set, even back then) mispriced at K-Mart for $16.
Fortunately this was in the days before bar code scanners.  Oh yes, in
more recent years, I found the 735 Basic Set ($60 normal retail) on
the clearance rack at Target for $6.  I guess I sound like a real
cheapskate now...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Enjoying being done with college (NOW GET
TO WORK!), music, moviemaking, knowing everything about the space
program, running, and occasional web page design.

From: khouser@earthlink.net (Kirk)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 06:23:32 GMT

Name: Kirk Houser
Gender:  m
Year of Birth: 1964
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: bogus
Location:  Texan in exile in Atlanta
LEGO/home page URL(s): none - yet
Marital Status: Very
Children:  2 - male (7) female (5)
Occupation:  Civil Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dec. 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  jeez!!  ummm  30 - 40???
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 4
# of LEGO Pieces: 10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0
First LEGO Set:  Pre-DUPLO Preschool Lego Bricks (the BIG ones) circa
1966

Favorite Theme(s): Trains - Towns - Pirates - Space

My son loves the same themes in reverse order of preference!
My daughter loves the DUPLO play houses.

Favorite Set(s):  the custom locomotive I'm working on now
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s) the yellow train conductor - and
anything that can be made to conform to the standard Lego train Cargo
size

Set/theme you would like to see: Less THEMES!!!  More town buildings -
and Musical Instruments so I can turn our Imperial Guards into a
Marching Band!

Current LEGO Project:  that custom locomotive
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I had a fort assembled and in use
constantly from 1977 till 1988.  First it was a fort - then slightly
modified into a spaceport - then into a concert stage.  Three member
band figures from 565 moon lander set.  (drums made from the 001 gear
set).  Then back to a fort.  Finally disassembled.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: I own an old Volvo 1800S sports coupe.
I have a Volvo homepage - http://home.earthlink.net/~khouser/

From: pjg@tranquility.gyugyi.com (Paul John Gyugyi)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 06:46:55 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Paul Gyugyi
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  It figured it'd skip the
	middle-aged thing and jump straight to being old.
Location:  Sunnyvale, California
E-mail Address:   paul@gyugyi.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  <http://www.gyugyi.com>
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  3 (5 yrs, 3.5 yrs, 3 months, all boys).
Occupation:  Digital Signal Processing
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  A.T.L. since, hmmm, '92 or so.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Oh maybe 300.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:   1
# of LEGO Pieces:  About 1000 unique shapes, occuring in various
			colors and quantities.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  1 (the Bay Area Pizza Party counts, right?)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:   0.

First LEGO Set:  early "steerable" truck with yellow-claw-crane
			on back; Airplane made of plates.
Favorite Theme(s):  Unitron. Robof0rce, Imperial Guards, Aquasharks.
Favorite Set(s):  LL928, BT Renegade, Vector Detector.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Ice Babe, Unitron mirrorshades/cyberhelm.
Set/theme you would like to see:  Mayflower ship.  Argonauts/Greek.
Current LEGO Project: finished converting Deep Sea Preditor to a
	unitron model with separable front pod.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  L3G0 (a raytracing library) and my
	Unitron-style model instruction sheets made with it.
	Predicting Aquazone. Establishing the early pre-web ftp site
	on earthsea. Drilling holes in a blacktron minifig and adding
	two more arms.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Kids, reading, programming, wargaming.
--
Paul Gyugyi          paul@gyugyi.com        http://www.gyugyi.com/
Gyugyi Cybernetics         DSP, LEGO, Mountain Dew, Be, Raytracing

From: John Wood <jwood@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 1997 22:47:33 -0800

Name: John Wood
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 11
Location:  Milwaukee, WI
LEGO/home page URL(s): nothing yet
Marital Status: single
Children:  0
Occupation:  Merchandise Manager for major Wisconsin retailer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1996
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 106
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: none (I can't imagine not opening the box!)
# of LEGO Pieces: too many to count
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0
First LEGO Set:  135 Building Set (1974)
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Train
Favorite Set(s):  Metroliner, airport shuttle, gas n wash express
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s)
  pieces: traintrack/figure: the blonde woman in 5830 Fun Day Sundaes
Set/theme you would like to see: military vehicles, more "complete"
  variety of town sets
Current LEGO Project:  ongoing building of my Lego town
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  talked my sister into giving me her Lego bricks
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: music, hifi/home theater, biking, Steve
	Hanks artwork

From: jlgst56+@pitt.edu (Joseph L Garlicki)
Date: 8 Jan 1997 14:20:02 GMT

Name:  Joe Garlicki
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Pittsburgh, PA
E-mail Address: jlgst56+@pitt.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  nope
Children:  none
Occupation:  student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Sept 96 (I was here for a while back in 93 & 94)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  50+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  FX-Star Patroller (first one I really remember)
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Castle
Favorite Set(s):  Technic Space Shuttle, Red Auto Chassis, King's Mountain
Fortress
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  any kind of of sloped or arched bricks
Set/theme you would like to see: models of actual buildings (maybe a cathedral,
the white house, etc.)
Current LEGO Project:  thinking about building a large helicopter from the
Technic Space Shuttle pieces

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: A "Gothic" cathedral containing almost
	6,000 pieces!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: reading, music, taking walks, gardening

From: Richard Harris <richard@is.co.za>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 15:00:40 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Richard Harris
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Up to 16 at least!
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
E-mail Address: richard@is.co.za
LEGO/home page URL(s): None. (yet)
Marital Status: Not single but not married ;)
Children: No
Occupation: Web Page Designer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Dec '95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 100 and something
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: None!
# of LEGO Pieces: Phew
# of LEGOfests Attended: None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None. *sniff*

First LEGO Set: Set #40... A medium sized basic set from the late 70's
Favorite Theme(s): Pirate, Castle, (soon) Divers
Favorite Set(s): Skulls Eye Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The Ghostie
Set/theme you would like to see: Cave Man!
Current LEGO Project: To keep the dust off my built stuff

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Converting dozens of people to Lego-lism

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Toys, Playstation, Computery/Internetty
things, Anime, Art Movies, People in Swimming Attire.

From: tommi@informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Thomas Stockheim)
Date: 9 Jan 1997 13:41:02 GMT

Name: Thomas Stockheim
Gender: male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: Aachen,Germany
E-mail Address: tommi@pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: single
Children: none, but play lego mainly with the 7-year old daughter
of my sister
Occupation: student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: none myself, ca. 20 I am allowed to play with
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: none
# of LEGO Pieces:  not enough
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1

First LEGO Set: don't remember
Favorite Theme(s): castle and pirates and combining both ...
Favorite Set(s): El Dorado Fortress
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Castle corner pieces
Set/theme you would like to see: Bigger castles
Current LEGO Project: combining caste+pirates+islanders into
a city that doesn't look to weird

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Muds, Science Fiction, Computer games

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:37 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net