The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 20

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: cegorach@ns1.ntrnet.net (The Cegorach)
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 1996 15:26:50 GMT

Name:  Larry Theden
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Forever Young.... :)
Location:  Cary, NC
E-mail Address: cegorach@ns1.ntrnet.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none yet
Marital Status:  Happily married
Children:  2
Occupation:  Restaurant manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  roughly 100
# of LEGO Pieces:  Too darn many to count!
# of LEGOfests Attended: None yet.

First LEGO Set:  First time around--Knight's Tournament, I think it
   was called; 2nd time around: 6546, Slick Racer 4
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Town
Favorite Set(s):  6546, 6389 (Fire Control Center), anything Blacktron
   (I or II)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Blacktron I minifigs, both the red
   and white-jumpsuited Octan racers
Current LEGO Project:  Lots of space stuff, including a Space
   Cathedral; also trying to arrange all the sets in my new Lego room.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Knights Templar, computers, Aleister
   Crowley/occultism, Pink Floyd

Larry Theden   cegorach@ns1.ntrnet.net
LEGO: MOC,SP[ex++++c(6938) bt1++++]+++, TO[ra++++(6546)],FS,PA+++ TR>+++
CA,AQ,PI,WW,DU+  #++ S++ LS+ Hal M+ A+++ LM- YB71m
This message does not constitute consent to receive bulk e-mail.

From: Commercial.Emailers@Die.like.pigs (Rickenbacker)
Date: 8 Dec 1996 22:47:25 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Mats "Rickenbacker" Nylund
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  15
Location:  Askersund, Sweden
E-mail Address:  opus@mbox300.swipnet.se
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Just me :).
Occupation:  Mushroom delivery guy.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Today.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Space=about 30
# of LEGO Pieces:  dunno
# of LEGOfests Attended: None

First LEGO Set:  The old taxi-station from 1970-something, with solid
minifigs.
Favorite Theme(s):  Space.
Favorite Set(s):  497 Galaxy Explorer, 918 Space Transport
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Red Classic Space dude
Current LEGO Project:  None at the moment.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Won a Lego contest in Stockholm once :).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Photography, Birdwatching.

--
<Person in mirror is more close-minded than he/she appears>
Mats Erik Axel Anders Nylund

From: Illumnus Froon <illumnus@atlcom.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 1996 23:45:15 -0500

Name:  K. Taylor AKA Illumnus Froon
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  varies wildly
Location:  Atlanta area, Georgia
E-mail Address: illumnus@atlcom.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  not a LEGO page, but:
		http://www.atlcom.net/~illumnus/
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Computer Person, various contracting positions
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Just now, but also was on last year,
	under MarKran798@aol.com...  if anyone recalls.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  100+
# of LEGO Pieces:  25000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  "Space Shuttle," little two-steering-wheeled grey
	Classic Space set... number unknown.
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Castle, Pirate
Favorite Set(s):  Galaxy Explorer
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Love Blacktron I minifigs, they are
	the mysterious "men in black" in my little world.
Current LEGO Project:  Trying to finish out 1996 model year buying
	before huge 1997 model year hits me in face.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Keeping all pieces and instructions, even
	during my "Dark Ages".

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Metaphysics, Duke Nukem level building,
	Discordianism, science fiction, RPG's, writing.

From: rtelgars@NMSU.EDU (Rastislav J. Telgarsky)
Date: 8 Dec 1996 06:32:46 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name: Matus Telgarsky
Gender: MAle
Year of Birth: 1981 (dec.)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Most people say I act 16.
Location: Las Cruces, NM, USA
E-mail Address:rtelgars@math.nmsu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): None (there will be...)
Marital Status: None
Children: None
Occupation: School, City Orchestra
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  August 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Circa 320
# of LEGO Pieces:  About 35,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set: Galaxy Commander (#6980)
Favorite Theme(s): Space
Favorite Set(s): Blacktron1 MEssage Intercept Base (#6987 I think)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): red, black, and blue Futuron
minifigs, BT1 Minifigs
Current LEGO Project: A large space colony to be raided by my
BT1

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: A four-legged Troup carrier with
2 joints plus 100 degree rotation in each leg, Some lego mechs.
My 8-winged star fighter thingy (I gotta get a picture up
somewhere)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
Violin, Linux and x-windows

From: fmdesignpe@aol.com (FMDesignPE)
Date: 1 Jan 1997 19:43:57 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Paul Evans
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  64
Location:  Chicago
E-mail Address:  FMDesignPE@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  happily
Children:  not yet
Occupation:  product designer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  sometime in 1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  30-40
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea
# of LEGOfests Attended:  1 (at Minx's house, 1995?)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  0

First LEGO Set:  ancient Basic set, 60's
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  8660(?) Arctic Rescue
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  the differential gear
Set/theme you would like to see:  walkers
Current LEGO Project:  steerable walker, automatic transmission

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  the 'surfex' files showing instructions for
building a small, steerable Technic vehicle using one motor.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  furniture design, concertina, fiction

Paul Evans in Chicago  "Wisdom is an abomination to them that feareth
FMDesignPE@aol.com      favor of the fool shall fall himself." - Dog-Matic

From: Jason Petrasich <brenton@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 21:49:37 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Jason Petrasich
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location: Irvine, CA
E-mail Address: brenton@pacbell.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): not yet :)
Marital Status: Separated
Children: 1, Brenton--age 2 1/2
Occupation: Physician Billing Analyst
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 11/96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: +/- 175
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 12
# of LEGO Pieces: don't know, but always stepping on them
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: 644 Tipper Truck (still have set and instructions)
Favorite Theme(s): Town, Town, Western, Town
Favorite Set(s): 6390 Main Street (with the used car dealer!)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Used Car Salesman
Set/theme you would like to see: REAL Town sets
Current LEGO Project: collecting after an adolescent absence

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I Love Town

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Huh?

From: wknauer330@aol.com
Date: 2 Jan 1997 06:26:33 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:  Walter Knauer
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1957
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  about 12
Location:  Kamen, Germany
E-mail Address: WKnauer330@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  married
Children:  2
Occupation:  teacher
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  3/1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 50
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: opened the last one yesterday
# of LEGO Pieces:  a great bunch of it!
# of LEGOfests Attended: zero
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: zero

First LEGO Set:  1960s basic sets
Favorite Theme(s):  Technics, Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  Technic Space Shuttle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  anything concerned with pneumatics
Set/theme you would like to see: ???
Current LEGO Project:  a giant wheel like on the fairgrounds; it works!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  ---

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  music, computer

Greetings,
Walter

From: Amos & Julie Avery <weekler@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 1997 22:28:30 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name:	Amos E. Avery
Gender:	Male
Year of Birth:	1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:	7-12
Location:	Glendora, California, USA
E-mail Address:	weekler@gte.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:	happily married
Children:	3 wonderful goyls
Occupation:	Mechanical Engineer (Imagineer)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:	1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:	112
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:	16
# of LEGO Pieces:	8000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:	0 (tell me where and I'll go)
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:	0 (Carlsbad is 70 miles from me, hmm)

First LEGO Set:	My uncle had a huge box of basic 1970's Lego that was
mine whenever I went to grandma's house
Favorite Theme(s):	Pirates
Favorite Set(s):	Skulls Eye Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):	monkey
Set/theme you would like to see:	Steam Locomotive for Wild West theme
Current LEGO Project:	Animated bird wings (for work)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:	Convincing my boss to buy Technic sets for
 the department

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:	My girls and inventing things

Lego(R) all day makes work seem like play!

From: lewval3@atl.mindspring.com (G. Lewis Valentine III)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 15:04:03 GMT

Name:  Lewis Valentine
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Atlanta, Georgia
E-mail Address: lewval3@gtalumni.org
LEGO URL: http://www.mindspring.com/~lewval3/pages/lvlgo.htm
Home page URL(s):  http://www.mindspring.com/~lewval3/
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Non
Occupation:  Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Unknown
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0 (I usually can't wait to open
them)
# of LEGO Pieces:  a lot
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  Basic set in 1975, it had 527 pieces
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Train
Favorite Set(s):  technic
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  1x's
Set/theme you would like to see: Lego Steam Locomotive for Wild West
Lego Sky Scraper. (I know it would be expensive but sell them in
peices, First set the first floor and roof w/ elevator, other sets in
between floors)
Current LEGO Project:  Trailer for my areo truck

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  -

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, girlfreind (for my own
safety), Church and related functions.

--
Lewis Valentine            "Give me a Bible and a candle and shut me
lewval3@gtalumni.org    up in a dungeon and I will tell you what

http://www.atl.mindspring.com/~lewval3/index.htm

LEGO: FS,SP,CA,PI+ TO,BO++ TR,TC+++ MOC++++ #++ S- CS--/+ Hsv A@ YB71M

From: Finn Jorrald <joerrald@post3.tele.dk>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 18:56:54 +0100

Name: Finn Joerrald
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1953
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: According to my wife around 10 - but
then I have long arms
Location: Denmark
E-mail Address: joerrald@post3.tele.dk
LEGO/home page URL(s): none - I haven't got the slightest idea how to
make one
Marital Status: Same wife for 23 years and she is still around
Children: One - she is now 17
Occupation: Planning Manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: October 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: none
# of LEGO Pieces: ?
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 3. Billund, Windsor and the old one in
Northern Germany

First LEGO Set: It was a garage with one or two VW bus in diecast metal
- the year was probably 1963
Favorite Theme(s): Fabuland
Favorite Set(s): 8299
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): At the moment it is the CD-ROM
Set/theme you would like to see: RC airplane in TECHNIC
Current LEGO Project: None

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: not really any

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Mountain Biking -

From: bloss@enter.net (Karl F. Bloss)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 17:59:57 GMT

Name:  Karl Bloss
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  30 when working, 12 when
 playing with Lego Trains
Location:  Trexlertown, PA, USA  (near Allentown)
E-mail Address: bloss@enter.net
Marital Status:  Married (happily so)
Children:  1, but stillborn
Occupation:  Chemical engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~20, but few are still complete
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1 (but it's only 9V track)
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea, but it's a crate full
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (Denmark)

First LEGO Set:  4.5V train set with tender
Favorite Theme(s):  Trains
Favorite Set(s):  Freight & Crane RR
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Captain Redbeard...cause he
ooks like me, but I don't have him.
Set/theme you would like to see:  More trains for '97
Current LEGO Project:  Combining my 12V trains with the new 9V
my wife got me for Christmas on a platform in the basement

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  HO Trains, sailing, skiing, shooting
(see http://www.enter.net/~bloss)

+=================================+
| Karl and Kristina Bloss         |
| bloss@enter.net                 |
| http://www.enter.net/~bloss     |
| <PGP encrypted mail preferred>  |
+=================================+

From: grits@ucla.edu (Elizabeth Adams)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 10:47:54 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Elizabeth Adams
Gender: F
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8
Location: Los Angeles
E-mail Address: grits@ucla.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): shamefully my URLs devoted to other topics
Marital Status: somewhat :)
Children: 0
Occupation: PhD candidate/ESL teacher/Teaching Assistant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 30
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces: ? and I'm not going to go count
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 but awaiting Carlsbad

First LEGO Set: King Kahuka
Favorite Theme(s): Islanders, Pirate, Train, Town
Favorite Set(s): 4559 Cargo Railway
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): "The Shovel Queen" aka the babe from the
                                 River Raft Set
Set/theme you would like to see: Old fashioned (1920s or older) train
Current LEGO Project: The Islander Railway

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Work near the best Lego Pic n' Sav ever

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: English Soccer, Storytelling, Animation, Las
			Vegas, Dogs

From: cfjbb@ux1.cts.eiu.edu (John Best)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 19:20:41 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: John Best
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1950
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: I never know how to respond to this...
Location:  Tuscola, IL
E-mail Address: cfjbb@eiu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): don't have one
Marital Status: married
Children:  2, Frank, almost 20--never particulary into Lego, and Matthew,
lmost 8--Lego is among his favorite toys
Occupation: college professor
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: I think I started reading r.t.l in January 1993
Could that be right?.  Whenever it was, there were still a lot of "so this is
rtl" type posts

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 112
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Just one (and that's only until Matt's
birthday in two days
# of LEGO Pieces: 12,382 (more or less--that's the number I get from my data
base)
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: none

First LEGO Set: I never had Lego as a child.  We had a basic set for Frank
(this would have been around 81 or so--it had 3 "maxi-figures".  Matt's actual
first Lego set was a B2 set called Grid Trekkor--which we acquired courtesy of
his grandmother in December 92
FavoriteTheme(s):  I like Castle and Space.  Matthew likes Town, Wild West,
Divers
Favorite Set(s): I like the set we have most recently built--whatever it may
be.  I don't really have a permanent favorite.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  I don't know if I have favorite pieces
exactly, although slopes and reverse slopes are fun to build with.  Of the
minifigs--gee, I really like the exploriens guys; I like Wolfpack, and oh,
here's one: I think B2 guys are really cool.  I don't know about Matt's
minifig preferences

Set/theme you would like to see:  For me, I'm just having fun seeing where
they take the current themes.  Matthew would love to see Star Wars themes, and
more specific military themes
Current LEGO Project:  I built a "flying saucer" and Matt and I are
re-enacting scenes from the movie Independence Day.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Well, I can't make any claims.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  I like reading about military history, and
playing historically-oriented board wargames.  Matt has a lot of non-Lego
interests; most of them are typical for an 8 year old.

From: steven warren pearce <spearce@students.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 17:23:09 -0600

Name:  William J Michael
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location:  Oglesby, IL
E-mail Address: wmichael@uiuc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  nope
Marital Status:  nope
Children:  nope
Occupation:  student (ain't it great)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  9/96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  122
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0 (the way it oughta be)
# of LEGO Pieces: 14,715      #of Mini-figs:  285
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  It was a police motorcycle with two people, the ones
with the big heads, it was like LEGO model #192 but I remember a sidecar
and only two Policeman.
Favorite Theme(s):None Really
Favorite Set(s):  Starfleet Voyager
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Captain Redbeard
Set/theme you would like to see:  Some Farm Stuff
Current LEGO Project:  None

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I cleaned and counted nearly my entire
collection in 1995 while recovering from serious Illness, I can tell with
almost absolute certainty that "Legos saved my life..."

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Star Wars, Star Trek, Women (in that order)

From: mbid@ix.netcom.com(Melinda Biddle)
Date: 3 Jan 1997 00:23:24 GMT

Name: Melinda Biddle
Gender:  Wench
Year of Birth: 1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: I hated adolescence, but I never
                                     left it.
Location: Haverford, PA (outside Phila.)
E-mail Address: mbid@ix.netcom.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: Married
Children: 3 -  girl 13, boy 11, boy 7
Occupation:  Counselor
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: October 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Afraid to count, maybe 200
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 35
# of LEGO Pieces: Your guess?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: Knight's Challenge
Favorite Theme(s): Castle, Pirates, Wild West
Favorite Set(s):  Eldorado Fortress
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): I love the new witch!
Set/theme you would like to see: Wild West Saloon w/ barmaids,
                                  Gold-mine
Current LEGO Project: Setting up our WW "environment"

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Still working on it...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Skiing, mtn biking, collecting glass
beads, reading, roaming antique flea markets

From: "Michael R. Bastian" <michaelb@cs.byu.edu>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 12:23:22 -0700

Name:  Michael R. Bastian
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Orem, Utah
E-mail Address:  michaelb@cs.byu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://iul.cs.byu.edu/bastian/mike.html
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  One due late March/early April
Occupation:  Graduate Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Unknown
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  Zero
# of LEGO Pieces:  Unknown
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:  None

First LEGO Set:  Don't know number, but it was a front-end loader.
Really small.
Favorite Theme(s):  Aquazone, Divers, Wild West, Classic Space
Favorite Set(s):  Shark Cage Cove
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Thresher (the Aquashark with the
glowing hook-hand)
Set/theme you would like to see:  Underwater Aliens
Current LEGO Project:  Collecting the new Divers and Aquaraiders sets

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I posted late in 1995 that I would like to
see sting-rays, better underwater plants and shipwreck sets.  Believe
me, LEGO listens.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Science Fiction, Fantasy,
Dungeons and Dragons (Advanced, World of Greyhawk), Mathematics,
Physics, Astronomy, Scuba Diving, Sailing

--
Michael R. Bastian
Image Understanding Laboratory

From: dblake@triton.net
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 14:01:06 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Dave Blakeslee
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1961
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: I don't know! Silly question!
Location: Wyoming, MI
E-mail Address: dblake@triton.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): not yet
Marital Status: Married
Children: 4, 3 boys, 1 girl
Occupation: Social work
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Late November 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 60+ (mostly belonging to my kids)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 8 (all for possible trade or sale)
# of LEGO Pieces: good grief...I don't have the slightest idea.
# of LEGOfests Attended: Never heard of such a thing.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: None, but my dad has visited the LEGO "citadel"
in Denmark

First LEGO Set: Our oldest is a BT2 Grid Trekkor, I think.
Favorite Theme(s): Space (Spyrius), AquaZone, Time Cruisers :o) (really!)
Favorite Set(s): RoboGuardian, Saucer Centurion
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron 1 MIB, Punky the Monkey,
Spyrius Droid
Set/theme you would like to see: Robot Assembly Factory (RoboForce base?)
Current LEGO Project: Finding room to play and display what we've got

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Striking upon a haul of LEGO dating from
1992-3 at my place of employment, incl. 2 Load N' Haul RRs and over 30 other
sets (previously inventoried on r.t.l.)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Phil Keaggy, contemplative Christianity,
literature, family

From: Rick & Wendy Walter <rwalter@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 1997 16:53:18 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.1)

Name: Wendy Walter
Gender: Female
Year of Birth 1961:
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:Prepubescent
Location:Findlay Ohio USA
E-mail Address:rwalter@bright.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):not yet
Marital Status: happily
Children: 3
Occupation: Respiratory Care Practioner
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:Sept 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:20(100)
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Nine they've all been played with
# of LEGO Pieces: not enough
# of LEGOfests Attended:none yet
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:none yet

First LEGO Set:Ummm for myself  the little aquanaut vehicle
Favorite Theme(s) Exploriens Aquazone divers robo(so far):
Favorite Set(s):don't know
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):Aquazone octagonal tubes/Pollux and
castor the Exploriens twins
Set/theme you would like to see:More Exploriens or Alternate
instructions for the 2151 roboforce scorpion ship
Current LEGO Project:Finishing the Neptune Discovery Lab{Finished as
of 1/4/97} then buying
more legos--Looking forward to building all the stuff I bought from
Todd

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:Best Lego Aunt ever--according to my
nephew Matt When we put the Crystal discover sub together

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:reading mysteries, making teddie bears
Are You Being Served and Keeping Up Appearances.

From: Gail Meagher <685721@ican.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 00:42:30 -0800

Name: Gail Meagher
Gender: Female
Year of Birth: 1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 11 / I want some snow to go play in :)
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
E-mail Address: 685721@ican.net, sometimes gmeagher@physics.ubc.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: long distance SO
Children: nope
Occupation: grad student in physics
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: (A.T.L) early 1993 (before late march)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 610
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 205 (many polybags and acessory packs)
     I'm surprised it's this high, but I just counted them.
# of LEGO Pieces: ~80,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: basic set in early 70's.  Post dark ages 6237 Pirate's Plunder.
Favorite Theme(s): Pirate, Train, most of the others.
Favorite Set(s): 693 Homemaker piano
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 2x4 red brick, minifig smiley face with
     freckles
Set/theme you would like to see: winter town sets to go with the snowmobile,
     such as skis, skates, ice fishing, and a snow plow piece for the train.
Current LEGO Project: Ski hill

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Moved away from what might be the greatest
     used LEGO find ever, made by Robin in Vancouver.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Skiing, sailing, RPG (WFRP), finding things I'm
     not allegic to, sewing, my thesis :(.

--
Gail Meagher
LEGO: PI+++(6286) TR+++(4563) HM++(693) MOC++

From: kammrl@yakko.cs.wmich.edu (Kimberly Anne Marie)
Date: 4 Jan 1997 07:34:02 GMT

Name: Kimberly Anne Marie Makouski Rowan-Leigh
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Confused
Location:  Kalamazoo, Michigan
E-mail Address: kammrl@yakko.cs.wmich.edu
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None, thank you very much
Occupation:  Nothing I would like to admit right now, but I am certified
             as a veterinary technician and a pharmacy technician and
             would like to find a new job in these fields
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  June 1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  something between 50 and 100
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: around 10 (they are in a currently
                                  unreachable box in the bottom of my closet
# of LEGO Pieces:  ...uhhhh....some number larger than 12
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: I don't know, at seven you don't remember set numbers,
                and Lego (like my dollhouse) was one of those thing my
                grandmother found a new home for when I "was too old for
                that 'stuff'" (without my permission I might add)
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Islanders
Favorite Set(s):  Forestmen (not that I have any)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  hmmm...I guess the dragons and the
                                  full saddles
Set/theme you would like to see: buildings in enormous trees like the
                                 vallenwoods from Dragonlance and ekele
                                 from the Velgarth books
Current LEGO Project:  to acquire enough animals for my menagerie/zoo

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  The closest I can think of (and it's more
    like infamous) is that my roommate and I made up a Lego story while I
    was building #6278 Enchanted Island and he thought it was amusing
    enough that he posted it here and instead of getting replies that
    said "I don't like this story", he was accused of being a troll.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  reading (mostly fantasy), cross-stitch,
                             carousels, chinchillas, being a Girl Scout
                             leader
--
 kammrl@yakko.cs.wmich.edu  I would feel infinitely more comfortable in your
   Kimberly  Anne Marie      presence if you would agree to treat gravity as

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net