The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 19

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: ltcgbarel@aol.com (LTC GBarel)
Date: 20 Jul 1996 00:33:20 -0400

Name:  Alexis G Barber
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1/10/72
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  same
Location:  southern New England
E-mail Address:  LTC GBarel@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  banking
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  delurked July '96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  approx. 25
# of LEGO Pieces:  i wouldn't venture to guess
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

First LEGO Set:  big blocks
Favorite Theme(s):  Model Team
Favorite Set(s):  alternate model #5590 Whirl N' Wheel Super Truck
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  sloping pieces & tires of any size
Current LEGO Project:  Battle Barge (a space vessel of my own design)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  fantasy novels, sci-fi shows & films,
japanimation

From: kjstefan@acs.ucalgary.ca (Kevin John Stefan)
Date: 22 Jul 1996 00:11:45 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name: Kevin Stefan
Gender:  Male.
Year of Birth: Very late 1976 (like, within 14 hrs. of 1977)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  According to my set purchases,
   somewhere in 7-12.
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
E-mail Address: kjstefan@acs.ucalgary.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s):
   http://www.ucalgary.ca/~kjstefan/lego.html
   Note: It's not much good yet... I'll get back to y'all when it
   is...
Marital Status:  Not.
Children:  Not.
Occupation:  Civil engineering student.
Preoccupation:  Lego. (What else did you expect?)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Summer 1995.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  A fair bit. Any volunteers to count?
# of LEGO Pieces:  A metric buttload. (i.e. .98126732 an imperial
    buttload)
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None.

First LEGO Set:  Since dark ages: 6957 Solar Snooper (half
   price!)
Last LEGO Set going into Dark Ages: 6276 Eldorado Fortress (I think...)
Favorite Theme(s):  Varies. Currently Space. No, wait. Aquazone.
   No, wait. Wild West. No, wait... Town. No, wait... (I said it varied)
Favorite Set(s):  Most Of 'Em. 6898 Ice Sat V, 6276, 6350, ...
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Any classic plain smiley, with hair.
Current LEGO Project:  Finishing a big vehicle, finishing a big
   moonbase, taking pictures of above, putting them on Web site,
   reviewing more sets, improving Web site,...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Um... Running the RTL Awards?
	Writing the first Lego Purity Test?
	Um...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computer stuff, engineering stuff,
book stuff.

From: fz@ix.netcom.com(Spencer Berrett)
Date: 30 Jul 1996 07:55:32 GMT

Name:  Greg Berrett
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  6 to 16 (varies on how happy I am)
Location:  Sandy, Utah
E-mail Address:  fz@ix.netcom.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none (yet)
Home Page:  none (yet)
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Movie Buffs Slave/Student (English/Computer Science)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  6/96 (post win95)
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Roughly...50 or more
# of LEGO Pieces:  Yeah...right...try 10000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:  None ('nother reason why SLC sucks)
First LEGO Set:  Exxon Gas Station (still have most of the pieces AND
                 instructions!)
Favorite Theme(s):  Space/Town/Aquazone (and I'm buying TCs cause
                    they're just so damn weird!)
Favorite Set(s):  The Futuron Monorail/Launch & Load Seaport
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Blacktron I Minifigs
Current LEGO Project:  Debating whether or not to rebel against my
                       father and claim the basement again and rebuild
                       my entire town.  Otherwise I'm in a
                       semi-mini-dark age.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I've had entire basements claimed for
                              Lego(s) at multiple times.
Dark Ages:  From when I was 16 to 18, now I'm in a psuedo-dark age.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Doctor Who, Books, Writing, Reading, Music

From: ibanmmda@aol.com (Ibanmmda)
Date: 30 Jul 1996 21:33:09 -0400

Name:  Mike Dombrowski
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 84
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location:  Grosse Pointe Farms MI
E-mail Address:Ibanmmda@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):I forget
Marital Status:  Child
Children:  none
Occupation:  Full Time Kid
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1/96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~150
# of LEGO Pieces:  funny
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0 :-(

First LEGO Set: Some Duplo thing
Favorite Theme(s):  Town, Space, Castle, TC, Wild West
Favorite Set(s):  All of em
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): BT1, Majiesto, Dragons all of em
Current LEGO Project:  Setting up my space stationn

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: 1st place in a local building contest. $20
prize.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Networking, Books, Rock Climbing,
High powered Navy SEAL weapons, Boating, Pets

From: "Jason Cahill" <jcahill@ics.uci.edu>
Date: 31 Jul 1996 06:17:46 GMT

Name: Jason Cahill
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1974
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: AGES 5-12 AND NOT MOVING! ;-)
Location:  Lake Forest, California
E-mail Address: jcahill@ics.uci.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): NOT READY YET
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Graduate Student and UC Irvine
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  6 / 96 (COOL GROUP)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: > 200
# of LEGO Pieces:  4 55-gallon drums worth!
# of LEGOfests Attended: zilch :-(

First LEGO Set: Cargo Center (in 1985)
Favorite Themes:  Pirate, Castle, Aquanauts, Wild West
Favorite Set:  Eldorado Fortress
Favorite Minifigure: Captain Red-Beard
Current LEGO Project:  Building THE DEFINITIVE, unofficial LEGO web page

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: A 25-foot x 4-foot metropolis with high rises,
trains, boats, a full harbor, and hostile terrorists (way back in 1990)!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computer Graphics, Digital Video Editing,
Neurological Computer Vision (my graduate research area), Home Theater, and
LaserDiscs!

Desperately seeking set: 6277 - Imperial Trading Post.  Willing to trade
plans (scanned or photocopied) if I cannot buy it.

From: Pooh-bear <sunflowr@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 02:26:53 -0700

Name:  Caleb Cook
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  11/21/73
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: dont't feel old enogh to have one
Location:  Portland, Oregon
E-mail Address:  sunflowr@concentric.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  none
Occupation:  Dockworker
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  mid-July

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  too many to count
# of LEGO Pieces:  don't want to know (because then I would have to
figure out how much money I've put into it)
# of LEGOfests Attended:  what is a legofest?

First LEGO Set:  when I was two
Favorite Theme(s):  Old space up until the Futron guys, original
Blacktron, Fabuland, Spyruis (sp?), Exploriens, Technic.
Favorite Set(s):  Multi-Core Magnatizer 6989, Stellar Reacon Voyager
6956, Deep Freeze Defender 6973, Shuttle Transcon 2 6544, Crystal
Explorer Sub 6175, Saucer Centurian 6939, Robot Command Center 6951,
Monorail Transport Base 6991 and a bunch more I don't even have.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  don't make me list those too...
Current LEGO Project:  The biggest lego spaceship I can make. Currently
over three feet long! Complete with access panels, multiple computer
bunkers/command centers, monstrous thrusters, crystal chamber (for
power), sleeping and med faculities and on and on...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  made a puzzle box for my girlfriend to
crack to get her engagement ring.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: writing, making stuff (non lego), checking
out the internet, reading, going to shows, hang out with my wife, etc.

From: jourbans@indiana.edu
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 07:14:28 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Joe Urbanski
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  6
Location:  Bloomington, Indiana
E-mail Address:jourbans@indiana.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Home Page: http://ezinfo.ucs.indiana.edu/~jourbans/
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  0
Occupation:  Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  05/96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  25
# of LEGO Pieces:  ???
# of LEGOfests Attended:0

First LEGO Set:  #6931
Favorite Theme(s):  Blacktron II, Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  6988 Alpha Centauri Outpost
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Blacktron I Minifigs
Current LEGO Project:  Collecting as much BTII as possible
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
Have every BTII released (Okay, I admit, not too impressive)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Music, Computers, Philosophy

From: asrun@iastate.edu ()
Date: 27 Jul 1996 14:34:06 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name: 		Asrun Yr Kristmundsdottir
Gender:  	F
Year of Birth: 	22 august 1964
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8-12
Location:   	Ames, Iowa
E-mail Address: asrun @iastate.edu
Marital Status: married, NLS
Children:    	7 year old son, Ulfur, full fledged LEGO maniac
Occupation:  	Research associate in  genetics and endocrinology,
 			currently working with/on jays and penguins
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Found the group last spring to my great delight,
		lurked  for a while,decloaked for a short time before
		leaving the country  for 6 months, have been following
		again since early summer
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  	about 140
# of LEGO Pieces:		one day I will sit down and figure it out
# of LEGOfests Attended:   	0

First LEGO Set: a small town house with car (very early 70s); after
			coming out of Lego Dark ages: Lagoon Lockup
Favorite Theme(s): diverse:  Castle the absolute favourite, followed by
			Pirates & Aquazone, also a bit into town/trains
Favorite Set(s):  at the moment: Black Knights Castle, Imperial Trading
		 	Post, Neptune Discovery Lab
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   Currently: Pirate wench, forestmen,
			dragons,
Current LEGO Project:  acquiring old castle sets, planning a LEGO
			room in the place we just moved to.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: First person to bring LEGO sets down to a
		remote Antarctic research base, resulting in an evening
		of LEGO discussions/reminiscing on the station.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading (nature, sci-fi, fantasy, childrens
		books), Star Trek(TOS, NG, DS9), hiking/camping trips,
		salmon fishing in a remote Icelandic river (unfortunately
		only happens every few years)

Asrun Yr Kristmundsdottir

Iowa State University
Department of Zoology and Genetics
Science II, room 339
Ames, IA 50011

Phone: (515) 294-7319
Fax:   (515) 294-8457

asrun@iastate.edu

From: Matthew Bates <mbates@brooktree.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 13:10:28 -0500

Name: Matthew Bates
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12 (and no desire to be a teenager
again)
Location: Austin, Texas
E-mail Address: mbates@brooktree.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/train_depot
Marital Status: Married
Children: One son, Jack
Occupation: Electronic Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  6/96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: >70
# of LEGO Pieces:  >10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: Zero

First LEGO Set: Pre-LEGO-dark-ages: No idea, probably a basic set
      Post-LEGO-dark-ages: 735 Advanced Builder Set with Electric System
Favorite Themes: 9V Trains, Town, Technic
Favorite Set:  4563 Euro Freight Line (Load N' Haul Railroad)
Favorite Minifigure: Joe Cool
Current LEGO Project:

Greatest Claim to Fame: First Website dedicated exclusively to LEGO
Trains (at least I think it is)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Corrados, Watercolours, Woodwork

From: "Ben Vaughan" <buster@verinet.com>
Date: 26 Sep 1996 06:09:17 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Ben Vaughan
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  15
Location:  Fort Collins, Co.
E-mail Address:  buster@verinet.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.verinet.com/~gben/lego.html
Marital Status:  married
Children:  none, but eventually they'll have to get their own LEGO
Occupation:  ISP Tech Support
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  April of 1996
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  105 that I've got boxes for.
# of LEGO Pieces:  12,072 boxed.  (Half that again unboxed)
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

First LEGO Set:  #455 Space Shuttle
Favorite Theme(s):  Early Space
Favorite Set(s):  Galaxy Explorer, anything pre sub-theme
Current LEGO Project:  To construct an aerodynamically accurate aircraft
with full flaps,
rudder, and retracting landing gear that will stomp Spyrius and Blacktron
into dust.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Protector of the Explorians.  (at least at my
house)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Science Fiction, Japanese Anime and
Toys, and being Married.

Ben Vaughan
buster@verinet.com
http://www.verinet.com/~gben/lego.html

From: "Stephen W. Gabriel" <ichmael@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 22:46:53 -0600

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name: Stephen W. Gabriel
Gender: male
Year of Birth: '62
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location: Milwaukee, WI
E-mail Address: stephen@gabriel.cncfamily.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.gabriel.cncfamily.com/legos.html
Marital Status: married
Children: one girl, age 18 mo's.
Occupation: Manager of Operations
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 12/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 100+, probably more
# of LEGO Pieces: No time to count them all.
# of LEGOfests Attended: What? Where? When?

First LEGO Set: hmmm! Large preschool bricks in about '66
Favorite Theme(s):pirates(check out my page)
Favorite Set(s): Skulls Eye Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Female Pirate
Current LEGO Project: Captain Nemo's Nautilus

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Pirate Wars, the Nautilus

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: In-line skating, kites, computers, my daughter

From: ginnni@pubs25b.ih.att.com (77165g-Meisinger)
Date: 7 Nov 1996 15:26:56 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:					Virginia Meisinger
Gender: 				F
Year of Birth:				I'm old enough to know better
					  and young enough not to care.
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 	8-10
Location: 				Illinois, USA
E-mail Address:				ginnni@pubs.lucent.com
Marital Status: 			M
Children:  				0
Occupation: 				undecided
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 		October 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 		19
# of LEGO Pieces:  			enough for me
# of LEGOfests Attended:		0

First LEGO Set:  			Royal Knight Castle
Favorite Theme(s):  			Castles
Favorite Set(s):  			none
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  	suspension bridge
Current LEGO Project:  			acquisition

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  		huhm...thinking...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
  handcrafts (beading, stained glass, leather, crochet, macrame,
              tatting, embroidery, silk flowers)
  woodworking
  science fiction
  classical music
  classic rock-n-roll
  sewing (wedding gown specialty)
  computers
  Hallmark ornaments
  publishing (comic books, graphic novels, newsletters)
  house renovation
  "Creepy Hollow" Halloween village
  building my own Christmas village
  antiques
  decorating for holidays
  traveling
  Visiting my husband (he works in West Africa)

From: kdavis@mich.com (Kelly Davis)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:10:12 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:   Kelly Davis
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  About 12
Location:  Royal Oak, Michigan. USA
E-mail Address: kdavis@mich.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  engaged
Children:  0
Occupation:  database manager
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  early 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 20
# of LEGO Pieces:  20 sets worth
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

First LEGO Set: 70's space ship with vehicle inside
Favorite Theme(s):  town and pirate
Favorite Set(s):  Skulls Eye Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Pirate 'mateys', worker from town
that looks like workers from Mentos commercial. Original smileys.
Current LEGO Project: making a bigger airport for all my town planes
and jets.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Ran a game of lego pirate wars at a
gaming convention and gave everyone there Lego childhood flashbacks!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Warhammer 40K, Quake, good food and beer,
anime, collection 70's toys (shogun warriors!) and music.

From: Dale Skinner <skinner@math.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 15:14:23 -0800

Name: Dale Skinner
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12 going on 11
Location: Seattle, WA
E-mail Address: skinner@math.washington.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.math.washington.edu/~skinner
Marital Status: Single
Children: God No!
Occupation: Math Grad Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: since it was alt.toys.lego

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: about 200
# of LEGO Pieces: not enough
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set: 105 (from 1975)
Favorite Theme(s): Space,Wild West,Aquazone.Pirate
Favorite Set(s): Fort LEGOREDO, Deep Freeze Defender
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Skeleton and Blacktron I mini-fig. (tie)
Current LEGO Project: tyring to find something to occupy the time
	until the '97 sets hit the stores.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: ???

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: mathematics, computers, star wars, star
	trek, babylon 5.

From: jeffreyj@tek.com (Jeff A Johnson)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 21:48:40 LOCAL

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Jeff Johnson and son
Gender:  yes
Year of Birth:  1950
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Location: Portland Oregon
E-mail Address:
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  married for the 1st time last year
Children:  son, 4 and a half,  and a girl 1 and a half
Occupation:  Lead person in a ecb plant for Tektronix in Beaverton Or
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: look! i'm sorry i don't count 'em up. Quit
 ragging on me.
# of LEGO Pieces: buckets and buckets, boxes and boxes, it's a disease.
# of LEGOfests Attended:None, Portland area folks should get together

First LEGO Set:
Favorite Theme(s):
Favorite Set(s): Castle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Porch/lamp posts of coarse and decorated
 wall pieces. Rope bridges.
Current LEGO Project: Painted plywood base in blue and green to put castle
 and pirate stuff on.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: None, I used to have a life, then I got married.
Now it's just Lego.  Oh, I have a collection of nice old oils in gilt frames,
just can't buy those anymore, so I make do with Lego.

From: Andrew Maizels <treacle@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 20:41:38 +1100

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name: Andrew Maizels (a.k.a Treacle th' Cat)
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 4
Location: Sydney, Australia
E-mail Address: treacle@onaustralia.com.au
LEGO/home page URL(s): Not yet.
Marital Status: Single
Children: Nope.
Occupation: Computer things
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Just recently

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Haven't counted recently.  120? 150?  There's
  about thirty sets in the spare room that I haven't even *opened* yet.
# of LEGO Pieces: Shudder to think.
# of LEGOfests Attended: None.  :-(

First LEGO Set:  Errrm... thats a question about the past, isn't it?
Favorite Theme(s):  Trains
Favorite Set(s):  The "retro" railway station - beautiful detailing!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Princess from the early castle sets.
Current LEGO Project:  Working town with trains and monorails and moving
                       water and lights and lifts and....

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  $1300 in one day (oops!)
(Call it an even K in US play-money.)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Anime (Japanese animation), Science Fiction,
                               Dungeons and Dragons, Languages (computer and
                               people types), Sleep (rarely)

From: Mike Kennedy <nologo@iadfw.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 1996 07:55:47 -0800

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Mike Kennedy
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1957
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8...16...32...64
Location:  Dallas, TX
E-mail Address:  nologo@iadfw.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://web2.airmail.net/nologo/toys/lego/index.htm
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none...except myself
Occupation:  training director
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  80+
# of LEGO Pieces:  12,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0 but interested

First LEGO Set:  Moon Walker #6516 (the second time around)
Favorite Theme(s):  Fast becoming Wild West
Favorite Set(s):  Fort LEGOREDO #6769
Favorite Piece(s):  2x4x1: The classic
Favorite Minifigure(s):  Cavalry General
Current LEGO Project:  Developing my Nologo LEGO Website

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  "Name That Brick" and "Brick of the Month"
features on website.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Website Development, Video Production, Other
Toys, Star Trek, Sci Fi Television and Movies, Cooking, Art

--
Mike Kennedy
nologo@iadfw.net

Date: 5 Dec 1996 19:50:52 GMT

Name: Greg Williams
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: Atlanta, GA
E-mail Address: gregw@mindspring.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.mindspring.com/~gregw/lego.html
Marital Status: Married
Children: 1 daughter, born 5/21/95
Occupation: Software Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Sometime in early 1996 or late 1995, I think

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: I should count the number of instructions
I have sometime to see.  Definitely not as many as I'd like.  :-)
# of LEGO Pieces: I'd guess around 10k
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0 - Atlanta people want to get together?

First LEGO Set: It was a forklift with a generation 1 red minifig (the
kind with no moving parts and a blank face)
Favorite Theme(s): Aquazone, original space, pirate, castle
Favorite Set(s): Multi-Core Magnetizer, Yellow Castle, Skull's Eye
Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron I minifigs, wolfpack
minifigs
Current LEGO Project: Just finished a replica of the Aliens APC,
starting work on the dropship.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Talked to a Lego rep. once...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers (programming, games, just about
anything dealing with them), reading (sf, fantasy, Clancy-like stuff),
movies (just about any kind)

From: hartow@weiss.che.utexas.edu (Wongso Hartono)
Date: 7 Dec 1996 02:50:57 GMT

Name:                               Wongso Hartono (Lego Maniac)
Gender:                             Male
Year of Birth:                      1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:   8-12
Location:                           Austin,Texas
E-mail Address:                     hartow@weiss.che.utexas.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):              http://weiss.che.utexas.edu/~hartow/
                                           index.html
Marital Status:                     Single
Children:                           None
Occupation:                         Student, Chemical Engineering.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:             December '95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:       about 200
# of LEGO Pieces:                   Never count
# of LEGOfests Attended:            None, but will be

First LEGO Set:                     Space set (forget the name).
Favorite Theme(s):                  Town, Wild West, Castle, Pirate
Favorite Set(s):                    Black Seas Barracuda (#6285)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):    Like them all :)
Current LEGO Project:               Try to rebuilt all my Lego Pirate sets.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:        Don't know yet.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:         Music, movie, eating, sports, etc.

From: cxt217@psu.edu (Cheng Tseng)
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1996 00:44:42 GMT

Name:  Cheng Tseng
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  You don't want to know
Location:  University Park, PA
E-mail Address:  cxt217@psu.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  9/1/96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Never counted
# of LEGO Pieces:  Afraid to count
# of LEGOfests Attended: None

First LEGO Set:  Don't remember
Favorite Theme(s):  Town
Favorite Set(s):  Still Undecided
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Can decide
Current LEGO Project:  Mech Battalion

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  What, it has to be notable?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, board games, history, military trivia
and Tom Clancy

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net