The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 18

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: Theresa Motyl <laygoman@ally.ios.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 00:19:26 -0700

Name:    Michael Todd (laygoman)
Age:     31
M.S.     married
Kids     2 cats one mama cat who grew up sleeping in my lego and her son
         he is a moose 15LBS and only 1 year old loves to chew on lego
         when i dont pay attention to him
Occupation: appliance repairman
# of sets:   over 400 assembled and on shelves
             directions to build another 400 all of them different
# of pieces: three ford ranger truck loads full to the roof
first set:  givaway from the back of a velveta cheese box in the 1960s
oldest set: some of the original automatic binding bricks also a 1960s
            canister unopened
favorite set: a 1913 cadilac from 1975 european only
favorite theme: TRAINS i hope to one day build a garden railway with my
lego toys when i can purchase a house

i didnt know there was anyone else as nuts as me
when i found out about the group i purchased a computer to talk to
everyone
now i cannot live without this machine
thank you everyone for showing me a computer is not evil

From: wjohan@unf.edu
Date: 21 May 1996 18:11:00 GMT

Name:  Bill Johanning
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13
Location:  Orange Park, FL
E-mail Address:  wjohan@osprey.unf.edu
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  2 girls - 5 & 18months
Occupation:  Field Engineer
On R.T.L. Since:  Nov. 95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  100 - 120
# of LEGO Pieces:  Way more than I even care to think about (at least 15,000)

First LEGO Set:  A promotional offer from Velveeta cheese in 1973 that had
one or two cars & a small yellow biplane.

Favorite Theme(s): Space ( I don't care what anybody says, I think
Blacktron II is COOL!) , Castle ( Wolfpack RULES!)

Favorite Set(s): Allied Avenger, Deep Freeze Defender, Wolfpack Tower,
Armada Flagship

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): WOLFPACK! & ghosts, skeletons & the
grandpa from Ice Planet (Oh yeah, the islander female - Whoo Hoo!
Better than National Geographic (Well, almost!))

Current LEGO Project: A series of modules that will be compatible with
the cockpit section from StarHawkII I'm currently working on a small
fighter module with variable geometry wings (imagine a cross between
an X-wing & the Allied Avenger).  I eventually hope to build a battle
mech module & a new cockpit module for the Star Hawk.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Er, uh, heh, heh, Surviving the wrath of
my formerly NLSO (she has since seen the Light!) when she realized how
much I spent on Lego when I came out of my lego dark age last
November.  (I couldn't help myself!!  Some of those holiday sales &
after Christmas clearances were to much to pass up!)

From: sterbenzr@aol.com (Sterbenzr)
Date: 1 Jun 1996 20:19:46 -0400

Name:  Ron Sterbenz
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  He wont tell me
Location:  Sacramento, CA. USA
E-mail Address:SterbenzR@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Research Assistant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Unknown at current time, it expands daily.

# of LEGO Pieces:  I have no idea
# of LEGOfests Attended: Zero - But def. willing

First LEGO Set: I am still trying to figure it out 1970's First space sets
Favorite Theme(s):  Trains and Towns
Favorite Set(s):  Metro Liner w/ club car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Lance Ito, The nutty professor (looks
like my boss)
Current LEGO Project: collect all trains, and european sets

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Can ya believe I have set a resume to Peter
Eio, Pres of Lego USA

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Finance and Insurance, Underwater
Construction, Labor Negotiation,  Computer Games (Mainly Civilization II)
and my dogs who play the part of Godzilla when needed.  My Boss wishes I
did as much research for him as I do at finding Legos.

Ron Sterbenz
SterbenzR@aol.com
Legos - Town Lover

From: cgnoerlich@aol.com (CGnoerlich)
Date: 2 Jun 1996 22:33:08 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Carsten Gnoerlich
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Hamm, Germany
E-mail Address: CGnoerlich@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://members.aol.com/CGnoerlich/
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  member of scientific staff in our university's AI faculty
             (sounds more exciting than it is, btw ;-)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  since beginning of RTL, but couldn't
                         post frequently until recently
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 60
# of LEGO Pieces:  still way too few ...
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  dunno, got my first duplo when I was three or four.
                 First themed set was the 924 space ship.
Favorite Theme(s): Castle and Space.
Favorite Set(s):  Space: 924, Castle: 6076(DDD),
                  6048 (Magistos house, its soo cute :-)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Classic red/white astronauts.
				  Everything with the classic
			          smiley-head.
Current LEGO Project:  The BriCad instruction editor.
                       See my homepage for details.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none yet.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Linux hacking, video games, pro wrestling
                             (just watching :-), currently getting into
			     fantasy literature and artwork

   :--:      Carsten Gnoerlich  (CGnoerlich@aol.com)
  .+--+.
 | o  o |    LEGO(R) homepage:
 | .__. |    http://members.aol.com/CGnoerlich/
  `+--+'
/--+  +--\   ObAOL: Me too ;-)

From: areesriba@aol.com (AReesRIBA)
Date: 3 Jun 1996 05:59:43 -0400

Name: Andrew Rees
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1957
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Not nearly as old as I am
Location:  Wiltshire, England
E-mail Address:  AReesRIBA@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Haven't got one
Marital Status: M
Children:  1 boy, 4 girls
Occupation:  Architect
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Jan 96

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  40-50
# of LEGO Pieces:  quite a few
# of LEGOfests Attended: none

First LEGO Set:  854 ( That's 948 to you Yanks! )
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  856 ( 951 in US ), 8850, 8865, 8868, 8880
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  None in particular
Current LEGO Project:  Suspended work/play during brief English summer

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Family, cricket, rugby union, wine, opera.

From: Sebastien Nadeau <snadeau@bibl.ulaval.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 1996 10:22:40 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name: Sebastien Nadeau
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: My gf now approximates it around 10
Location: Quebec City, Canada
E-mail Address: Sebastien.Nadeau@bibl.ulaval.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://sna.bibl.ulaval.ca
Marital Status: single
Children:
Occupation: Computer technician
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: March 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~30
# of LEGO Pieces: ~6000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set: A factory or a wood mill (don't really remember) in
the early 80's
Favorite Theme(s): Castles, Space
Favorite Set(s): I love them all
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The Dragon, 2x4 basic bricks
Current LEGO Project: I'm trying to build a castle that competes with
Ed Boxer's wonder. (;

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: The strongest (more solid) car ever made
out of Lego. I won a contest against my brother and some of my
friends. My car was so solid, that when one of my friend cheated by
including the big black motor in his own car, even the motor didn't
resist to the collision! That was phenomenal... But that was sure the
last time we made such a fool experience...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Chess, Computers, Star-Wars, Board games,
Role-Playing games, Sci-Fi, My girlfriend, Beer...

Sebastien Nadeau
Computer Systems Technician                  _/    _/_/
Bibliotheque de l'Universite Laval          _/    _/_/
Phone: (418) 656-2131 ext. 6381            _/    _/_/
E-Mail: sebastien.nadeau@bibl.ulaval.ca   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
http://sna.bibl.ulaval.ca/

From: "Ron Logan" <ronlogan@cochin.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 08:49:46 -0700

Name:  Ron Logan
Gender:  male
Year of Birth:  '67
Location:  Bellevue, WA USA
E-mail Address: ronlogan@cochin.com
Home page URL(s):  http://www.cochin.com/cochin/ron/
	No specific LEGO page yet. Haven't yet taken pictures of my spread.
Marital Status:  married
Children:  not unless you count me (my wife does)
Occupation:  software engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  off-and-on for a couple years; constantly for
	last six months

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  many
# of LEGO Pieces:  a lot, but nowhere near enough to build Ed Boxer's
	castle
# of LEGOfests Attended: none

First LEGO Set:  Ugh. I think it was some kind of blue police station
	thingy with a small helicopter. Didn't even have mini-figs
	back then (early 70's)!
Favorite Theme(s):  town, trains, pirates, boats (and my wife likes the
	castle stuff)
Favorite Set(s):  can't decide; I like them all
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  minifigs with actual expressions
	instead of blank smiles
Current LEGO Project:  Extending train tracks around my lego town in
	preparation of my eventual purchase of the Wild West
	theme. I've built a steam engine and sometimes enjoy myself by
	colliding it with my freight train.  (Do men ever really grow up?)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  No fame; just fun. My wife's co-workers
	probably think I'm looney, since we have my LEGO fix shipped
	to her office a couple times a month.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  WWW; rockets; chickens; and
	Balliver, the Globe-Trotting Rubber-Band Ball
(http://www.cochin.com/cochin/ball/)

From: michael_ripley@ccm.jf.intel.com (Michael Ripley)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 96 06:09:46 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Mike Ripley
Gender:  Boy
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12-16, according to LEGO
Location:  Hillsboro, Oregon  USA
E-mail Address:  michael_ripley@ccm.jf.intel.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  3
Occupation:  Computer Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  January 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  15 Duplo, 15 Lego
# of LEGO Pieces:  350 Duplo, 4750 Lego
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

First LEGO Set:  Don't remember, had bricks, wheels, a few plates
Favorite Theme(s):  Train, Town, Team, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  Load N' Haul, Freight Loading Station, Gas N' Wash Express
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Translucent tiles, differential gearbox
Current LEGO Project:  Acquisition of train stuff!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Not a single Roth-related posting.  Except for
this one.  Dang!  Now I've ruined it.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, my family

From: john.wiest@24stex.com (John Wiest)
Date: 4 Jun 1996 18:05:54 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  John Wiest
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12-14
Location:  Sacramento, CA
E-mail Address: john.wiest@24stex.com (HM) jwiest@usace.mil (WK)
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None as of yet
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  Civil Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  May 1996
# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50-60
# of LEGO Pieces: Have No Idea, but know I want more
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  Old Lego Forklift don't know number from mid to late
 '70's
Favorite Theme(s): Town/Launch Command/Race
Favorite Set(s):  Shuttle Launch Pad (For Now)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Don't Really Have One
Current LEGO Project:  Constructing My Lego Town

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none yet.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading Sci-Fi/Fantasy Books, Computer Games

John Wiest
john.wiest@24stex.com
"Do or do not.  There is no Try" - Yoda

From: kasper@stack.urc.tue.nl (Kasper van Wouw)
Date: 5 Jun 1996 14:19:03 +0200

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:   Kasper van Wouw
Gender:   Male
Year of Birth:   1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:    8
Location:   The Netherlands
E-mail Address:    kasper@stack.urc.tue.nl
LEGO/home page URL(s):   not yet
Marital Status:    alone with my LEGO
Children:    0
Occupation:    Computer science student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:   1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:   EST +- 200
# of LEGO Pieces: very rough est    +- 10000
# of LEGOfests Attended:    0

First LEGO Set:
   One of the old 2-digit BASIC sets. I don't have the correct
   number with me. (Could be 32)
Favorite Theme(s):
   Technic, classic space, model team
Favorite Set(s):
   The original big classic space ship. (92?)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
   Space baseplate with craters.
Current LEGO Project:
   Searching every toystore I can find for old lego sets.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
   For the last three years I've been building all sets with pieces
   positioned is such a way that the little LEGO-logos are facing
   the front or the left side of the set. Don't ask me why I do this.
   I only do this when I build models from instruction manuals.
   I also got severy scratch-o-phobia. Dust on my sets is bad too.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computer graphics, fractals, AI, programming.

Bonus field of my own: # of LEGO theme parks visited: 1 (Billund)

From: Steve Hartman <sehartma@sdcc14.ucsd.edu>
Date: 6 Jun 1996 18:09:45 GMT

Name: Steve Hartman
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: a bitter old 88
Location: San Diego, CA
E-mail Address: N/A at the present
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www-npsnet.cs.nps.navy.mil/barker/lego
Marital Status: single
Children: 0
Occupation: college student/Lab Tech
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Summer 1995, I think...

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: A whole bunch... who cares, I don't count 'em.
# of LEGO Pieces: A lot (Does anyone actually waste their time counting?)
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set: This weird truck set I got in Germany when I was a kid
Favorite Theme(s): Expert Builder/Technics, classic Space, Model Team
Favorite Set(s): Expert Builder/Technics super cars (I forget the #s)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Basic, classic pieces.
Current LEGO Project: LEGO Mobile Suit Gundam... almost done.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: THE LEGO PURISTS PAGE. (See URL above)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: molecular biology, sci-fi movies and books,
mountain biking, eating at McDonald's and Taco Bell, lots of TV

From: scott@interlog.com (Scott)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 00:27:20 GMT

Name:  Scott Stein
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  5 - 16 depending on set being used
Location:  Toronto, Ontario
E-mail Address:  scott@interlog.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):

http://www.interlog.com/~scott/fun_chat.html#lego

Marital Status:  ?
Children:  Just me
Occupation:  Programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Early 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  5 full sets, 40 partial
# of LEGO Pieces:  8 cubic feet
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none

First LEGO Set:  no idea, but I remember how excited I was
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, and basic
Favorite Set(s):  ??  8086 crane and front end loader (pneumatic)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Current LEGO Project:  it's a secret

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none, yet

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  computers, croquet, skiing, reading, long
list snipped here

From: asum@aol.com (Asum)
Date: 10 Jun 1996 21:13:02 -0400

Name:  Andrew Summers
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  i never grew up in the first place to
lose it!
Location:  Miami beach Florida
E-mail Address:  asum@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):

http://sobe.com/sobe/ontown/secret.html
(not a LEGO page,  but pitctures of the cocktails party i host!
check it out and tell me what you think!

Marital Status:  not married.......
Children:  3 cats
Occupation:  Public Relations, Conceptual Artist, Cocktail Party Host, Man
About Town
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Early 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 57
# of LEGO Pieces:  have not counted yet
# of LEGOfests Attended:  just my own....do they count?

First LEGO Set:  explorians alein fossilizer
Favorite Theme(s):  paradisa rocks!, explorians, town, ice planet, town...

Favorite Set(s):  sand dollar cafe, but looking for arcade
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): that crazy chef in the sand dollar cafe!

Current LEGO Project: getting a big enough table so that my cats cant mess
up my LEGOS and then starting on the mster plan!!!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: i was quoted in "Ocean Drive" (fashion Mag
here in glamous South Beach!) magazine  comparing LEGOS to clothing...and
they misspelled LEGO!!!!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  cocktail & lounge music,  conceptual art,
zodiac, home gizmos, and many things,  movies with crispian glover,
watching as much tv as i can,  the next space age...and much more

marx & nutrasweet & tolstoy & honda & jesus & 3do & plato
 Andrew Summers            	             305.532.7912
 1308.drexel.206                             asum@aol.com
 miamibeach.fl.33139                       (hyperrealist)
tao & denny's & baudrillard & kmart & buddha & sony & bach

From: plomp@together.net (Sander Plomp)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 03:43:26 GMT

Name: Sander Plomp
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental age/status of inner child: Alternating between 13 and 46. This
       allows me to go through puberty and mid life crisis at the
       same time.
Location: Essex Junction, VT, USA
E-mail address: plomp@together.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.together.com/~plomp
Marital status: Married
Children: Cees (4yo), Tim (2yo) and Tara (now 1 month old, conceived
       between diagrams 20 and 21 of the supercar...)
Occupation: Software developer, currently on H4 visum
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1995

# of sets in LEGO collection: about 3 dozen since rediscovering LEGO,
       lots of others in childhood.
# of LEGO pieces: I sort the bloody things, but I'm not sad enough to
       actually count them.
# of LEGOfests Attended: none. If there ever is one nearby I'll be
       there.

First LEGO set: a little red car (a tow truck?). Very long ago...
Favorite theme(s): Technic. Though most of the other stuff looks
       tempting....
Favorite set(s): 8082 Multi Model Control set
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): the micromotor
Current project: Make some construction site equipment that can
       actually move dirt or plow snow, depending on season

Greatest claim to LEGO fame: obscurity is my destiny
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Computers in general, Space exploration,
       Pratchett, midwifery, and strangely enough, breadmaking.

Sander Plomp                                plomp@together.net

From: schurich@ecn.purdue.edu (Jedi Master)
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 96 15:01:14 GMT

Name: Scott Schuricht (Jedi Master)
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental age/status of inner child: 12 or so
Location: West Lafayette, IN, USA
E-mail address: schurich@ecn.purdue.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://128.46.142.191/lego.htm - LEGO
		       http://128.46.142.191/home.htm - Home
Marital status: Married
Children: One on the way, due on November 5, 1996
Occupation: Mechanical Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1993

# of sets in LEGO collection: About 200
# of LEGO pieces: Not enough. I thought about counting them but hey, I
                  have a life.
# of LEGOfests Attended: none yet.

First LEGO set: Moon Landing, 565 ?
Favorite theme(s): Town, Train , Boat, Model Team
Favorite set(s): 5990 - Whirl 'n Wheel Supertruck, 4558 - Metroliner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Don't have a preference.
Current project: Starting on a car carrying train flatbed. Inspiration
comes from the Indy Transport set. A train wagon that can hold 4 cars.

Greatest claim to LEGO fame: the "Faces of rtl" on my web page. A place where
    you can see what people from the newsgroup look like. And I need more
    pictures so send them in.
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Computers, Sci-Fi, reading, biking, bowling,
   sports in general.

(O-)-------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott Schuricht                          schurich@ecn.purdue.edu
Thermal Sciences & Propulsion Center     http://128.46.142.191/
School of Mechanical Engineering         Purdue University

LEGO:TO+++(6335) BO+++(4030) TR+++(4555) #++++ S- LS++ H!? M+
     A++ LM+ YB68m

From: "Steve Gustafson" <gustafso_st@leg.wa.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 10:17:45 -0700

Name:  Steve Gustafson
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  5/1/62
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  about 13
Location:  Lacey, WA
E-mail Address:  steveg416@hotmail.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None :(  Although I will be sending pics in to
pause.com
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  none
Occupation:  Systems Analyst (computers)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Dec, 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 12
# of LEGO Pieces:  about 5,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

First LEGO Set:  Lego bricks when I was 5 (Technics 8880 when I was 32)
Favorite Theme(s):  Technics, Model Team
Favorite Set(s):  8880, 8460, 5591
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Big Tires ;)
Current LEGO Project:  sorting and redistributing into new bins  -- ARGHH!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  MechForce robot soon to appear on pause.com

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Not in any order!  --  AD&D, movies/TV, my
wife - Denise, our cats - Zues, Spot, and Jessie, gardening, driving too
fast, and Karaoke(my wife does this)

From: minxkely@flood.xnet.com (Minx Kelly)
Date: 18 Jul 1996 19:21:32 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:  Minx Kelly, aka Colleen Spengler
Gender:  female
Year of Birth: 1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  perpetually 22
Location:  west burbs of chicago
E-mail Address: minxkely@xnet.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none yet
Marital Status:  married/polyamourous
Children:  working on it
Occupation:  author/artist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  not sure, a few years

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  375-400 maybe more
# of LEGO Pieces:  > 270 gallons judging by 16 gallon storage containers
# of LEGOfests Attended: 1, the first

First LEGO Set:  basic sets as a child, 6060 as an adult
Favorite Theme(s):  castle, pirate
Favorite Set(s):  black sea barricuda
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  pirate wench
Current LEGO Project:  resorting my collection after moving in february

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  bring a pg rating to RTL, official pirate
wench, hosting first legofest, doing lewd things with lego in the name of
art and freedom

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  paganism, science fiction conventions,
barbie, bunnies, book collecting, jigsaw puzzles

* Posting this sig is part of my parole agreement
*   Minx Kelly, artist, author, poet, legomaniac
*    at minxkely@xnet.com and less frequently at minx@olimits.com
*   currently suffering from tabularasaphobia
* and roaming where the phosphor winds blow me

From: Justme <justme.@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 16:23:10 -0700

Name:Grayson DuRaine
Gender:male
Year of Birth:01-07-78
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:varies
Location:stockton
E-mail Address:justme.@ix.netcom.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):http://www.netcom.com/~justme./lego.html
Marital Status:Single
Children:None
Occupation:Student at CSUS
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:6-95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:150-200 approx
# of LEGO Pieces:never enough! :)
# of LEGOfests Attended:0

First LEGO Set:duplo ?
Favorite Theme(s):Technic, Aquazone, Space, Town,
Favorite Set(s):8880 supercar (amazing amount of parts and a cool model)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):large 9v motor
Current LEGO Project:nothing right now, busy with school, never enough
time. :(

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: ???

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:Computers, Robotics, (Robot Wars), r/c stuff,
reading,  and it seems like school.

From: Margo Kubiak <mmlk@pubs.ih.att.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 06:56:31 -0500

Name:  Margo Kubiak
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  8/30/58
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: varies 8-13 depends on what I'm building.
Location:  Rolling Meadows, IL
E-mail Address: mkubiak@lucent.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None :(
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  none, just 3 dogs 2 german shepherds, 1 jack russel terrier
Occupation:  Technical Writer w/ Electrical Engineering BS. Degree
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Beginning

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Stopped counting when it got over 400
# of LEGO Pieces:  Don't want to think about it
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0, was on vacation when Minx had the last one

First LEGO Set:  6080 Kings Castle
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Pirate
Favorite Set(s):  #6075 yellow castle, #6080 Kings Castle, #6067 Tavern
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Forest Wench, Decorated wall pieces
Current LEGO Project:  Trying to organize and pack it so my in-laws
can come and stay to watch the dogs while we go away for a few days.
My LEGO room is the spare bedroom. :^(

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Piece count listings for ALL castle
and pirate sets (except for #6289 which I don't have yet).

Helping Todd set up pirate and castle pages with scans of every set
and minifigure. Hopefully this will be ready soon.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Horses, Sci-Fiction Books, not
                             much time for much else.
--
Margo Kubiak mkubiak@lucent.com

From: wbradley@sedona.intel.com (William L. Bradley~)
Date: 19 Jul 1996 15:54:13 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.0)

Name:                              Bill Bradley
Gender:                            Male (do *you* know any women named Bill?)
Year of Birth:                     1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Stuck right at 12-13
Location:                          Chandler, AZ
E-mail Address:                    wbradley@sedona.intel.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):             ...behind a firewall...
Marital Status:                    Married to Holly
Children:                          1 (Michael, 16 months old, big Duplo fan)
Occupation:                        Computer Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            Semi-lurker since a.t.l inception

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      20+ in AZ, 50+ in storage in KY
# of LEGO Pieces:                  5,000 - 10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended:           0

First LEGO Set:                    #410 Payloader (1973)
Favorite Theme(s):                 Technic Build
Favorite Set(s):                   8880 Super Car           (for complexity)
                                   8868 Pneumatic Claw Rig  (for playability)
                                   8422 Circuit Shock Racer (for appearance)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   The ones I don't have!   :-(
Current LEGO Project:              Saving up to afford the $pace $huttle...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       Traded 3 original castle sets (from 1983)
                                   for lots of late-80s/early-90s Technic

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        Trying to finish my Ph.D.

Advice to TLG-Denmark:             Whatever you're paying the "Technic Build"
                                   designers, it's not enough!  These sets
                                   are awesome!
--
Bill Bradley                       |  Arizona Development Center
wbradley@sedona.intel.com          |  Intel Corporation, Chandler Site

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net