The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 16

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: CHE4SPW@leeds.ac.uk (S.P. Woo)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 15:05:21 +0000 (GMT)

Name: Simon Woo
Gender:  M.
Year of Birth:  1975.
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Greater than what I would
like it to be/ Struggling to come out :)
Location:  Leeds, UK or BSB, Brunei depending on how you look
at it!
E-mail Address:
che4spw@ecu-01.leeds.ac.uk
che4spw@sun.leeds.ac.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None.
Marital Status:  Single.
Children:  Me.
Occupation:  Student.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Lurking since Sep '95.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  175
# of LEGO Pieces:  Lets see 175x100+lots=lots
# of LEGOfests Attended:  0

First LEGO Set:  TOWN (1981).
Favorite Theme(s):  Classic Space, Castle (Crusaders).
Favorite Set(s):  See sig!
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Magnets :)/White Classic
Space minifig
Current LEGO Project: Devising a cheap way of sending the
large Unitron Monorail 8000miles.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I have all SEAn Catalogues from
84--present
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Swimming, Trekking (not the Star
type, but the *real* walking type), Shopping (especially for
LEGOs), Comics (Wildstorm)

E-mail:che4spw@ecu-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk
       che4spw@sun.leeds.ac.uk

LEGO: SP++++(6825,6970), AQ+++(6175) ,CA+++(6076), TC++(850), PI+, TO-/++, PA-
 M+ S+ LS A+ H!? YB75M

From: bsk123@centcon.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 17:31:16 GMT

Name:  Bernard Schmidt
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1960
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  varies
Location:  Los Angeles, California
E-mail Address:  bsk123@centcon.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  non-Lego Homepage:
http://www.centcon.com/~bsk123
Marital Status:  married
Children:  1 daughter who just turned 4
Occupation:  selfemployed
Estate management, Electronics

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Dec. 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~30 and buying
# of LEGO Pieces: ~6000
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none

First LEGO Set:  some basic set back in 1963
I had not played with Lego since 1972, but when we bought the first
set for our daughter last year and I discovered the Technic
Series, I just couldn't resist.
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Trains
Favorite Set(s): lots of them
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Technic parts,
construction equipment

Current LEGO Project:
- Caterpillar D-10 Dozer with wireless RC
- helping my wife build a Lego town
- trying to persuade my parents in europe to ship me what is
  left of my childhood Lego collection  :-)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Treasure hunting -
Ham radio - Guns - Computers

From: cwi2r@sunipc-4.unixlab.Virginia.EDU (Santa Claus)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 20:45:55 GMT

Name:  Chris Ingram
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  about 13
Location:  Charlottesville, VA
E-mail Address:  cwi2r@virginia.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.phys.virginia.edu/~cwi2r
Marital Status:  Happily Married
Children:  2 cats :)
Occupation:  Physics graduate student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  sometime in October 95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  probably about 80 or so
# of LEGO Pieces:  eek, who knows?
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none

First LEGO Set:  not sure, but I know I have some really OLD sets,
 including some of the pre-minifig people with featureless faces,
 and 1 or 2 of the giant people with articulated arms. I also seem
 to have a lot of car grilles with headlights painted on.

Favorite Theme(s):  Space! Space!! SPACE!!!

Favorite Set(s):  the old Space sets...Galaxy Explorer and the
 Mobile Lab in particular.

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  a toss-up between the Spyrius
 hoodlum guy who came with my Saucer Scout, and the HUGE wheels
 from my old Expert Builder Auto Chassis.

Current LEGO Project:  A dropship to go with the troop carrier I
 have built - styled after the one in _Aliens_.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  don't know if I have one...but
 does anyone remember the following?
 *The LEGO Storage Bag - a big circular piece of denim with a
  drawstring so it can be pulled up into a bag.
 *The very first version of the Space Command Center - it did NOT
  have a cratered baseplate, but a flat one with some pieces (curved
  and sloped) that you could make craters from.  I believe this was
  the version I had, but I have lost the instructions & box long
  ago.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Games of all types, particularly board
 and RPGs (and even Magic), Science Fiction, space exploration,
 Doom, and that physics stuff that I try to do for a living.

From: eileenk@cv.hp.com (Eileen Keeney)
Date: 12 Jan 1996 17:48:24 GMT

Name: Eileen Keeney
Gender: female
Year of Birth:
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: such an age is not measurable, but I
  would guess the status is present but it doesn't stay "inner" to often.
Location: Corvallis Oregon USA planet Earth
E-mail Address: eileenk@peak.org
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.peak.org/~eileenk/mylego.html
Marital Status: single
Children: none of my own
Occupation:  computer programmer/business analyst
On R.T.L  Since: 1992

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: hundreds
# of LEGO Pieces:  thousands (and I really will not count them, but I'm
    thinking it is about 40 gallons )
# of LEGOfests Attended: none "official", however I had my own with my
    nieces and nephews this Thanksgiving.

First LEGO Set: Some basic set in mostly red and white that had doors,
 windows, wheels and basic bricks.

Favorite Theme(s): Belville, Technic and trains mixed with lots of
   basic bricks and plates.

Favorite Set(s):   Technic Control Center II (although I don't own it yet)
  Load'n'haul railroad, basic brick assesory pack  and
  the Belville set with the puppies.

Favorite Piece(s) Belville girl with blond hair and pink shirt although
 without the following, I would not have much fun with the little girl piece:
 Basic Bricks and plates.
 technic beams, gears,  pins and motors;
 train track w engine base and power unit,

Current LEGO Project:
  Still working on my Roller Coaster which I dissasembled in November and only
  recently started working on again. (A few pictures of sections of it, that
  I took in November are on my web LEGO page).

  Santa's Workshop (which was supposed to be done by Christmas, but still needs
  a stable and loading dock).

  Never Never Land, which I started in November by hanging my Peter Pan and
  Wendy dolls so they were flying over my LEGO ocean which had mostly
  Pirate ships at the time.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I have no claim to fame at all.
  But the coolest thing I ever built was a working carousel (
  (a picture of this can be found on my web LEGO page)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
  Dolls (playing with and some collecting)

From: gunter@htlsun1.kfk.de
Date: 12 Jan 1996 17:39:32 GMT

Name:  Frank Niemeyer
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13
Location:  Karlsruhe, Germany
E-mail Address: frank.niemeyer@fzu.uni-karlsruhe.de
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Soon to come at
     http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~rz71/Private/Lego/
Marital Status:  Free (to spend large amounts for LEGO)
Children:  Myself
Occupation:  System Administrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  June 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  27
# of LEGO Pieces:  ???
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none (are ther any in germany?)

First LEGO Set:  6940 as a birthday present four years ago
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Classic Space
Favorite Set(s):  1736 - just two of them and you can make a great
                  wizard car.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  all large plates
Current LEGO Project:  Legonaire II - a 20" LEGO BattleMech for my
                         Lego Wars Army

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Drinking and collecting whisky, roleplaying,
music and books (esp. old ones)

Frank Niemeyer: Environmental Research Center (FZU),
                at the Karlsruhe University
                Email: frank.niemeyer@fzu.uni-karlsruhe.de
                WWW: http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~rz71

From: sullis3@cii3116-14.its.rpi.edu (Manic Frog)
Date: 12 Jan 1996 18:39:11 -0500

Name:  Shaun Sullivan
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  11 or so, and Immensely Creative: if
				what you build looks like what you see
				on the box, then you followed the
				instructions too well.
Location:  Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY (school)
	   Clinton, NY (home)
E-mail Address:  sullis3@rpi.edu (school)
		 Sullytoast@aol.com (home)
LEGO/home page URL(s):  not yet
non-Lego Homepage:  I'm a Mechy, I'm sorry!
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Nope
Occupation:  Student, Resident Associate

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  September, 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  20 to 30 (?)
# of LEGO Pieces:  I don't do exponents.  Actually, I just have no clue.
		  A copier-paper box full, in volumetric terms.
# of LEGOfests Attended:  Zero (0)

First LEGO Set:  I don't know the number - the first rocket-launcher
		 Space Set, around 1980-1982 or so (?)
Favorite Theme(s):  (1) Castle   (2) Pirate, Space  (3) Technic
					(4)  Islander, Town
Favorite Set(s):  950 piece BUCKETS!  Any large Pirate ship, and quality
				 			 Castle set.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   Skeletal Death (o' the 4 Apocolyptic
								 Horsemen
 				   Faceless Black/Red Wraith
					(round 1x1 for head) Spacer
				   Any Gear (hence the Mech. Eng.)

Current LEGO Project:  Establishing a powerful medieval castle force,
			and accompianying castle.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  A 12" tall fully-articulated model of the
				Robotech mecha (whose BATTLETECH name
				was Warhammer - I forget the R.T. name -
				Excalibur, mebbe?) - red with black
				details.
			      A 4-legged motorized walking robot

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Role-Playing, ANIME, models (mostly sf),
				reading, literature, Irish history,
				movies, soccer, volleyball, ultimate

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Role-Playing, ANIME, models (mostly sf), reading,
				literature, Irish history, movies, soccer,
				volleyball, ultimate frisbee, etc. etc.

From: robk@access.mountian.net (Robert Kemper)
Date: 13 Jan 1996 14:31:13 GMT

Name:	Rob Kemper
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1970
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14
Location: St. Albans, West Virginia
E-mail Address:   robk@access.mountain.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None
Marital Status:  married
Children: 2 Calico, 1 black cat
Occupation:  Information Systems Administrator

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  About 60
# of LEGO Pieces:  who knows
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set: It was a blue Truck with Fish on the Doors, Early 70's
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Town, Technic
Favorite Set(s):    Dragon's Den
Favorite Piece/Minifigure:  Black Knight
Current LEGO Project: none

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Wood Working, Matchbox Cars.

From: Hansolo.@ix.netcom.com
Date: 14 Jan 1996 02:46:24 GMT

Hello All!

Name: Frank Harding
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:Ask my Wife
Location: Seattle,Tacoma area Washington State
Lego/Home page URL(s): None
Marital Status: Married
Children: None
Occupation: Honda Tech.

# of sets in Lego Collection: 40
# of Lego Pieces: Never counted
# of Legofests Attended: None

First Lego set: I dont Know,I lost all my sets from Childhood :(
Favorite Themes(s): Castle,Model Team,Space,Islander,Pirate,Aquazone,Forester
Favorite Set(s): Love them all
Favorite Piece/Minifigure: None
Current Lego Project: None

Greatest claim to Lego Fame: none

Other (Non-Lego) Interests: Computers,Computer Games,Snow & Water
 Skiing,Mountain Bikeing,Jetskiing,Reading(Science,Fantasy).

From: tlong@iu.net (Todd Long)
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 23:52:53 GMT

Name: Todd Long
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1965
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 8
Location: Melbourne, FL
E-mail Address: tlong@iu.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status: single
Children: one 7 year old boy
Occupation:  printshop owner
On R.T.L  Since: Dec. 25th 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 22
# of LEGO Pieces:  couple thousand (now if I could only find that damn bleach
box from when I was a kid!)
# of LEGOfests Attended: my son and I have one for ourselves every weekend
First LEGO Set: Mine- an early seveties basic building set. My sons Duplo
Bucket and his first big kids set Sea Claw 7.
Favorite Theme(s): Space
Favorite Set(s):  Monorail Transport Base
Favorite Piece(s) Bridge set for the (now retired) duplo train
Current LEGO Project: Keeping my son from finding the Neptune Dicovery Lab
box that I got him for next (teah right!) Christmas.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Being bachelors we can leave our Legos all over
the living room and not get in trouble.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Coasters, Star Trek.

From: yu146273@yorku.ca (NICHOLAS TOTH)
Date: 16 Jan 1996 01:27:20 GMT

Name:  Nicholas Toth
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 19 and/or 13, depending. When the
wind is southerly, I know a falcon from a pickaxe.

Location: North York, Ontario, Canada

E-mail Address:  yu146273@yorku.ca

Marital Status: I wish!
Children:  Nope
Occupation:  Student, Part Time Librarian

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  December, 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 32 full, 8 Mini-fig sets, 3 misc. (wheels,
doors, etc.), and the mini-figs from the original Dragon Castle

# of LEGO Pieces: Used to be more than 3,000, but I gave about half
(town, space, and basic) to my brother, when I decided to specialize in
Castle stuff. I've added more since then, though, so maybe 2,000.

# of LEGOfests Attended: None.

First LEGO Set:  A small space vehicle, a sort of one-man launch, with a
white space guy. I was three, so that's 1979, and it got mixed in with my
cousin's and was never seen again.

Favorite Theme(s): Castle, definitely, but give me the new men, arms, and
animals, and the old castles.
Favorite Set(s):  375/6075 Yellow Castle.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 2x2x3high buttress pieces (simplicity)
                                 hand axe and hammer
                                 Old-style knight's visors (T-slot)
                                 Uniformed Soldiers from Pirates
                                 Norse bearded guy from Sea Serpent
                                 The Wizard

Current LEGO Project:  None, really. I've got this impregnable castle and
139 armed men of various kinds to defend it, but I haven't got the time
to stage a battle. Maybe in the summer...

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Lego battle in grade 7. My home-brew castle
and siege equipment, against my teacher's boxed castles (original lion
and eagle castles, and the tavern) and siege equipment. I cleaned up,
because her knights couldn't climb my walls, just by standing on their
horses' backs!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading (SF/F, Hist, Shakespeare), computers
(strangely enough, not a prerequisite to net-access, any more), starship
design, the Holy Rutabaga, creating sleep deficit, and RPGs, occasionally.

From: karini@aksi.net (Karin Isberg)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 16:36:37 GMT

Name:  Karin Isberg
Gender:  F
Year of Birth:  1954
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child(ren):  9-14  VERY active!

Location:  Miami, Florida  USA
E-mail Address:  karini@aksi.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Under construction
Marital Status:  Commited  (13+ yrs)
Children:  Only inner kids and a wonderful dog Andy
Occupation:  Sys Adm for Blue Moon Books
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Just discovered it @ 3 wks ago!

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  @20
# of LEGO Pieces:  ??  Not enough!
# of LEGOfests Attended:  LEGOfests!?  Where!???
First LEGO Set:  A *wooden* bag full back in late 50's!
Favorite Theme(s):  Town (seaports), Islanders, Forestmen
Favorite Set(s): Metro Station, Launch & Load Seaport, Forestman's
Crossing and Forbidden Island
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Aquanauts, Forestmen, Pirates
Current LEGO Project:  Selling off all my Stark Trek collection for
more Lego sets!  Building a high wall to wall (all walls) shelf for
dis(play) of Legos in bedroom
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Still have wooden Legos!  (not sure if
they are "Lego" brand)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Drawing/painting, sailing, fencing,
bicycling, building/flying R/C sailplanes, R/C sailboats, computer
games, boardgames, Illuminati (INWO)Trading Card Game

From: sixten.otto@dartmouth.edu (Sixten Otto)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 15:09:13 -0400

Name:  Sixten Otto
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: No idea, but from the looks I get from
my friends sometimes, young...

Location: Rochester, New York (Home); Hanover, New Hampshire (School)

E-mail Address:  sixten.otto@dartmouth.edu

Marital Status: Not
Children:  None
Occupation:  Student (Dartmouth College)

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  January 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: I never really kept count, but I imagine
somewhere on the order of 50-70 (??).

# of LEGO Pieces: I have absolutely no idea, but they fill two drawers of
an old dresser in my room.... :-)

# of LEGOfests Attended: None.

First LEGO Set:  I have tattered instructions for a fire engine from the
days before posable mini-figs with faces (from 1978 or 79) but the first I
remember much is the 497 Galaxy Explorer.

Favorite Theme(s): Space and Castle.
Favorite Set(s):  Not sure, but quite possibly 6954 Blacktron Renegade.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Blacktron minifigs (the galactic bada**es...)
                                 the new Castle swords and halberds
                                 the new tools (from Launch Command, others)
                                 palm trees!
                                 the mysteriously alluring (yet strangely
                                    disturbing) Islander lei chick...

Current LEGO Project:  Nothing, really. I have only recently begun to ease
back out of my own mini-Dark Ages, and have mainly been picking up sets
with minifigs or bits that struck me as neat.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: There was the time I started to build a
starship interior with a floor composed of every 6x8 or larger base I
owned, but it's funny how an overturned table 3 days in can dampen one's
enthusiasm for such a project (especially in 2nd or 3rd grade).... :-\

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading (SF, Lovecraft, older Anne Rice, some
fantasy), Role-Playing Games, Warhammer 40K, Computers

      Sixten F. K. Otto, D'98, http://coos.dartmouth.edu/~sotto/

From: Leo Dorst <leo@fwi.uva.nl>
Date: 17 Jan 1996 16:06:54 GMT

Name:           Leo Dorst
Gender:         Male
Year of Birth:  1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Recovering
Location:       Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-mail Address: leo@fwi.uva.nl
Marital Status: married to Phyllis Crabill and two cats.
Children:       None
Occupation:     Research scientist in robotics
On R.T.L. Since:  1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:   oh, I dunno - 200 ?
# of LEGO Pieces:               oh, I dunno - 50,000 ?

First LEGO Set:         It has always been around...
Favorite Theme(s):      Technic, Town, Train
Favorite Set(s):        6670, 6594 (both for clever use of pieces), 8828
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Micromotor
Current LEGO Project:   Transferring designs to: http://carol.fwi.uva.nl/~leo/

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Our Amsterdam canal house in Lego (see WWW).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:   go, hiking, robotics, music (passively...)

From: wckokal@vms.cis.pitt.edu
Date: 17 Jan 96 15:09:19 EDT

Name:           Bill Kokal
Gender:         Male
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  9
Location:       Pittsburgh PA USA
E-mail Address: pacwck+@pitt.edu
Marital Status: married to my wonderful (and lego-sympathetic) wife, Lisa
Children:       None
Occupation:     Systems Analyst
On R.T.L. Since:  1994 (on and off)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:   ??  400, maybe
# of LEGO Pieces:               ??  12 cu ft?  324000cu. centimeters (I think)

First LEGO Set:         Basic Set around 1972
Favorite Theme(s):      Pirate, Castle
Favorite Set(s):        all
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Forestmen
Current LEGO Project:   Building my all pirate ships to take on the Imperial
			Armada

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  PA License plate: LEGO  Wifes: ONO LEGO
			      Last 4 digits of phone # L-E-G-O
			      Went to Legoland this past summer

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:   reading, music, history

From: John Cromer <cro>
Date: 19 Jan 1996 01:38:52 GMT

Name:                              John Cromer
Gender:                            male
Year of Birth:                     1952
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  terminal adolescence, but was informed
                                   recently I was in danger of leaving
                                   its ranks due to "my irrational fear
                                   of personal bankruptsy."  (I bounced
                                   a mortgage check!)
Location:                          Pasadena, CA
E-mail Address:                    cro@astro.caltech.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):             http://astro.caltech.edu/~cro/home.html
                                   (no lego yet)
Marital Status:                    married
Children:                          two cats, nephew.
Occupation:                        programmer for the Palomar and Keck
                                   Observatories
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            Feb, 1995.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      120
# of LEGO Pieces:                  22473
# of LEGOfests Attended:           0

First LEGO Set:                    8042 Universal Pneumatic.  (I played
                                   with Happi Time Bricks as a child.)
Favorite Theme(s):                 Technic, castle, islanders, town.
Favorite Set(s):                   Universal Pneumatic  (sentimental)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   The Skeleton and The Redhead.
Current LEGO Project:              Finish Super Car, Airtech Claw Rig,
                                   Lego home page. Obtain all the
                                   Technic Idea Books (only 8889 to go.)
                                   Help my wife with a course in simple
                                   machines using Technic sets at a
                                   local public school.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       No claims.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        Humor, reading, applied math, physics,
                                   history, cycling, hiking.

From: minxkely@flood.xnet.com (Minx Kelly)
Date: 21 Jan 1996 19:20:30 GMT

Name: Patrick Finnegan
Gender: male
Age: 11
Year of birth: 3-18-84
Mental age/status of inner child: 12
Location: Chicago
E-mail address: fireball@calunet.com (will be activated any day now)
LEGO/home page url: none yet
Marital status: you got to be kidding
Children: none
Occupation: tattletale and above average student
# of sets in LEGO collection: 40
# of LEGO pieces: a million
First LEGO set: 6389 Fire Control Center
Favorite theme(s): Town Police/Rescue
Favorite set(s): 6984 Galactic Mediator
Current project: saving up for new sets
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: helping to build Auntie Minx's theme park
Other (non-LEGO) interests: video games,music, collecting die cast cars
taking care of my cat Peanuts.

From: Poconnor@apci.net   (James O'Connor)
Date: 26 Jan 1996 20:01:22 GMT

Name:  Gloria O'Connor
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12, providing the 'adult supervision
 for my houseful'
Location:  Scott AFB, IL
E-mail Address:  oconnor@apci.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status:  married
Children:  2: 3-yr old boy, 20-mo girl
Occupation:  husband-helper, kid-keeper, home-maker
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Jan 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  2 Duplo sets
# of LEGO Pieces:  a lot, they seem to multiply when no one is looking
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none

First LEGO Set:  a Christmas gift to my sister and I, she monopolized it
Favorite Theme(s): none yet
Favorite Set(s): none yet
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): none yet
	(Although as the kids grow, I'm sure we'll specialize.)
Current LEGO Project: finding them all
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Bible study, (often) experimental cooking, net
 surfing.

From: Chris Wilding <wilding@server.uwindsor.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 23:03:49 GMT

Name:                              Christopher Robin Wilding
                                   (but same the typing: Chris will do...)
Gender:                            Male
Year of Birth:                     1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  20, bouncing back 10-15 years upon
                                   sighting a LEGO brick.
Location:                          Windsor, ON, Canada
E-mail Address:                    wilding@server.uwindsor.ca
LEGO/home page URL(s):    http://www2.uwindsor.ca/~wilding/index.html
                          http://www2.uwindsor.ca/~wilding/lego.html
                          (Guess which one is the Lego page...)
Marital Status:                    single
Children:                          none -- closest to that is my youngest
                                   sister, 13 years my junior, whom I am
                                   trying to hook on LEGO.
Occupation:                        Engineering student (2nd Yr, Mechanical)
                                   at the Univerisity of Windsor, ON, Canada
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            Observing since Oct. 1995, 1st post today.
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      ~40
# of LEGO Pieces:                  3000 confirmed, and all the little bits
                                   left over... ~5000-5500
# of LEGOfests Attended:           0  <sniff!>
First LEGO Set:                    (I can't remember that far!)  It was
                                   some big (for a 3.5 yr. old!) DUPLO
                                   set (circa 1977-9), also my younger
                                   sister's 1st set.
Favorite Theme(s):                 Technic, Space, Town.
Favorite Set(s):                   8858 Orig. Engine Set,
                                   Fire Station (c. 1980 -set # ????)
                                   8062 Universal Technic Set,
                                   8880 Technic Super Car.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   Any gear, old square pistons, new round
                                   pistons, differentials, all of the classic
                                   space elements.
Current LEGO Project:              Lego/TECHNIC homepage.  Catalogue and
                                   index *ALL* of my Lego on a database.
                                   Aquire more Lego :)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       Christmas, 1995: My grandmother hands
                                   me my 'inheritance', a bag of old LEGO,
                                   the pre ABS plastic stuff! (I hope my
                                   uncles won't get too upset over this.)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        Engineering, Cars, Drawing, Computers,
                                   Reading, Foreign Languages, Anime &
                                   Manga, Programming, Raytracing,
                                   Websurfing, and My Homepage(s).

From: pappgj@hg.uleth.ca
Date: 2 Feb 1996 21:40:36 GMT

Name: Alexander (Alex) Pappajohn
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: ?
Location:  Lethbridge, AB
E-mail Address: pappgj@acad1.cc.uleth.ca or
                pappgj@hg.uleth.ca
Marital Status: s
Children: 0
Occupation:  student/teacher
On R.T.L. Since:  summer 94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 13 (rest unboxed)
# of LEGO Pieces:  2 bins.

First LEGO Set: ?
Favorite Theme(s): space
Favorite Set(s): Small Spacecraft
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Exploriens, Octan.
Current LEGO Project: Saving up to buy more LEGO.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
Models that match color schemes almost perfectly;
Sea Sprint 9 for $0.98.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Visual C++, Star Trek, Models of robots
and aircraft.

From: merryvie@ux7.cso.uiuc.edu (June Merryview)
Date: 14 Feb 1996 19:25:13 GMT

Name:                              Gaitsiri Mongkolsmai ("Tina") (I'm Thai)
Gender:                            Female
Year of Birth:                     1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  22 or 11/My inner child will never die..
Location:                          San Francisco Bay Area, CA
E-mail Address:                    mongkolsmai_tina@tandem.com
				   gmongkol@envirolink.org
                                   TinaM95@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):             http://members.aol.com/tinam95/index.html
Marital Status:                    single/6 mo anniversary on V-day '96!!
Children:                          Maybe in a couple of years away...
Occupation:                        Information Systems Analyst (programmer)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            February 1996!!
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:      10 at home (Bloomington, Illinois)
                                   and ordering 3 more from Roy Gal
# of LEGO Pieces:                  don't know...
# of LEGOfests Attended:           None
First LEGO Set:                    a _BIG_ Universal set..the one with the
			           granny person and the teeny doors and the
				   big wheels and thick green plates... I
				   don't know where it is anymore...
Favorite Theme(s):		   Town, anything with pieces useful in
				   building houses, meaning 2-3 bedrooms,
				   baths with shower rooms, kitchens with
				   islands, balconies and sunrooms, etc...
				   Hard to do with limited flat plates and
				   white 1x's...I use lots of door-sized
				   windows, etc... any other suggestions? I
				   also use things like flat 2x2's for the
				   tiled bath/kitchen floors and outdoor
				   patio steps...
Favorite Set(s):                   I've combined the best pieces for house
				   building in a huge popcorn tin and a few
				   other containers, ie roof pieces in one,
				   flat pieces in one, people/small special
				   pieces in another, doors/windows/palmtree
				   and stacked bricks between flat pieces
				   (5 high of course for house-building) in
				   the popcorn tin...
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   Hmm...outdoor lamps, clear pieces from my
				   old Universal set ofr glass block designs,
	|       		   flat tiles for kitchens, mailboxes for an
	|__     		   oven (wish there were a better piece for
	  |     		   that), a chair and a clear-blue plastic
	 _|     		   window piece to make bar stools as shown,
				   storage boxes that open (2x3x2) sideways
				   and the refridgerator (2x3x4, sometimes I
				   wish it were 2x3x5), slanted windows for
				   skylights, bumped out sunroom pieces (the
				   ones that curve and are 4x3x6)
Current LEGO Project:              Getting my mom to pack my Lego sets for
				   me and bringing them when they visit at
				   the end of March.  She may not do it...
				   but I'm also ordering from Roy Gal so I
				   will survive on those...
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:       Oh, I just have fun building 3 bedroom,
				   2 bath homes with 2 stories, a balcony,
				   all the above I mentioned...better in
				   size than some homes in California, if
				   you think about the price!!! Goodness..
Best LEGO deal:                    Probably buying these older sets from
				   Roy Gal since I've been looking for a
				   number of sets and can't find any in TRU
				   here or at Target.  (Boohoo.)
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:        I'm interested in floor plan designs and
				   in camping and keeping my relationship
				   with the one I love alive; hopefully it
				   will last for always...
Other:                             Oh, and I love food.  (not all...but..)
				   I love Thai food, hot curries plus...hey,
				   just see my homepages.  Thanks!

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net