The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 13

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: misium@cauldron.spdc.ti.com (George Misium)
Date: 6 Dec 1995 13:46:00 -0600

Name:    George Misium
Gender:  o^
Age:     38
Mental age/status of inner child:  13 /
Location:  Plano, Texas
E-mail address: misium@spdc.ti.com
Marital status:
Children:  one
Occupation:  R&D engineer (PhD EE)
# of sets in LEGO collection: > 10^2
# of LEGO pieces: > 10^2*10^2 = 10^4 ---> oo
First LEGO set:    Duplo bought for son
Favorite theme(s): Spaceships, Black and older Knights, Non-contemporary
		  boats,AZ
Favorite set(s):  1547 - Small Black Knight boat with two knights
Current project:  underwater monorail, spaceship carrier, sunken SES=Aquashark
		  base, lighting system using 9V train supply, ...
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Son, dog, intelectual property law, creativite
process, sailing, poetry, coaching/playing soccer, managing technology
investment club, director of non-profit org.(Be Well Corp.), baseball,
autographs ... and work and significant other in case my boss or she is
lurking :)

From: duffy@plains.nodak.edu (Nathan R. Duffy PGCSBA)
Date: 12 Dec 1995 00:55:36 -0600

Name: Nathan R. Duffy
Gender: Male
Age: 22
Year of birth: Hmm, 1995-22, I guess that equalls 1973...
Mental age/status of inner child: Variable/Quite Well, thank you
Location: The Wastes of North Dakota
E-mail address: duffy@plains.nodak.edu
LEGO/home page url: homepage: http://space.acm.ndsu.nodak.edu/~duffy
                    No LEGO content as of yet...
Marital status: Single
Children: I should think not!
Occupation: Student/Computer Consultant
# of sets in LEGO collection: Hmm, probably in excess of 150.
# of LEGO pieces: Far too many to count.
First LEGO set: Starfleet Voyager? or some forgotten 30ct space set.
Favorite theme(s): Blacktron I, Space, Technic, Pirate, everything else
Favorite set(s): Message Intercept Base (where are my instructions?!),
                 Airtech Claw Rig, MetroStation
Current project: Unknown, in a bit of a creative draught right now.
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  None, really.  Got a Metrostation for $40.00
                              Often, during certain spontaneous
			      competitions (Oddessey of the Mind, in
		              particular) I would mutter, "Hey, this is
			      just like Lego!"
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Computers, RolePlaying Games, Pink Floyd,
    Bass/Electric Guitar...

From: ftor@dromond.vr.dnv.no (Frode Torske)
Date: 13 Dec 1995 15:26:15 GMT

Name: Frode Torske
Gender: M
Age: 33
Year of birth: '62
Mental age/status of inner child: 33 (lots of grown-up men has scale trains)
Location:  Oslo, Capitol of Norway, loc. in south-eastern part of N.
E-mail address:  frodet@sn.no

Lego page url: http://www.sn.no/~frodet/lego
Home page url: http://www.sn.no/~frodet

Marital status: Married
Children      : 4 (Synnoeve(f) 8, Solveig(f) 5, Magnus(m) 4, Kristine(f) 2)
Occupation    : Physicist / Programmer

# of sets        : Not enough fingers and toes...
# of LEGO pieces : Thousands in room, hope none in the vacuum cleaner bag.
		      Std. procedure is to perform an autopsy before the paper
		      bag is thrashed.
First LEGO set   : I had lots of Lego as a kid (they still are at my parents
		      house). I bought the first train 2 years ago (not
		      counting Duplo trains. We've been buying Duply since the
		      oldest kid was new-born.)

Favorite theme : Train Train Train! (Technic ranks up there too! Haven't
			really started buying that yet (only got a few sets
			of my wife at Xmas!), but you just wait 'till the
			kids get a little older!)
Favorite set(s): Blue hopper car, Crocodile
Current project: Reassembling my display, making it larger to make room
			for the FRR which currently is in mail from USA.
			(Got the hopper car a few days ago!) :-D

Other (non-LEGO) interests:  Computers, Programming, HTML authoring,
		sporting (running, cross-country skiing, biking, orienteering)

Frode Torske			e-mail:	work:		ftor@vr.dnv.no
Oslo, Norway				home(Lego):	frodet@sn.no
				http://www.sn.no/~frodet

LEGO:
TR++++1(c) BO++2 TO++3 PA+ DU+(+++) FS+ TC+ S- LS-- H? F4536 YB62m IC62(m)

"I will give a leg (need the last arm for building) for #4536 Blue Hopper Car"

From: efxmstr@aol.com (EFX MSTR)
Date: 1 Jan 1996 13:23:31 -0500

Name:  Thomas Muller
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Phoenix, Arizona
E-mail Address:  EFX_MSTR@aol.com
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Assistant Manager, Walgreens Drug Store
On R.T.L. Since:  November 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  40+
# of LEGO Pieces:  ?

First LEGO Set:  6894 Blacktron
Favorite Theme (s): Islanders, Aquazone
Favorite Set (s):  All?
Favorite Piece (s) /Minifigure (s):  All Base Plates, All Mini Figures
Current LEGO Project:  16 square foot Island, Pier, Beach, Mountain River,
Race Way.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Subscribing to R.T.L , ?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Sony Playstaion,  Video Games, Shopping.

LEGO:  MOC+++ PI+++ (6278) AQ+++ BO(6483) ,CA,PA,TO++ #+ S LS+++ H!?
            A@ YB72m

From: carnellm@awod.com (Michael Carnell)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 01:15:57 GMT

Name: Michael Carnell
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 6 (according to my wife!)
Location: Charleston, SC
E-mail Address: carnellm@awod.com
Marital Status: Married 10 years
Children: Daughter age 3.5 years, Son due in 1 week
Occupation: Computer systems engineer
On R.T.L. Since: ~7/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50
# of LEGO Pieces: Who knows? 50 x avg#/set = 5000???

First LEGO Set: small stunt 'copter 6/95 (no idea about childhood)
Favorite Theme(s): Pirates!
Favorite Set(s): Any that I don't have.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Pirate wench
Current LEGO Project: Crewing a pirate ship with all women and then building an
                      entire pirate community.  In my other LEGO time period, I
                      am building a railroad.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: The mass quantities of money my wife says I spend?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Book collecting, Jimmy Buffett music, looking but
                 not touching (I am married you know), traveling.

Guess that's it!

Michael Carnell - http://clever.net/dbd/cmc

From: ksethre@io.com (Karsten Sethre)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 01:52:26 GMT

Name:  Karsten Sethre
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Good question.  I have no idea
Location:  Austin, TX
E-mail Address:  ksethre@io.com
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Still looking
On R.T.L. Since:  Late Nov. '95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  10 or 20
# of LEGO Pieces:  Your guess is as good as mine

First LEGO Set:  442 Space Shuttle
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, space
Favorite Set(s):  Can't decide; I like them all
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Original Blacktron minifig, micromotor,
the old crater baseplates
Current LEGO Project:  Computer interface (I can't afford $600 for
Lego's)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I don't think I really have one, yet.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Music, programming, SF/Fantasy, MTG, INWO,

--
Karsten Sethre             \                 <*>               /
ksethre@io.com             < LEGO: TC+++ SP++ AQ+ TO,CA,PI,MT@ >   FNORD!

From: jek160@psu.edu (Joyce Kreuter)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 02:19:19 GMT

Name:  Joyce Kreuter
Gender:  F
Year of Birth:  1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13
Location:  State College, PA
E-mail Address:  jek160@psu.edu
Marital Status:  Happily Married
Children:  2
Occupation: Former - Software Engineer Current - Mom
On R.T.L. Since:  Nov '94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  25+
# of LEGO Pieces:  thousands

First LEGO Set:  Basic Bricks
Favorite Theme(s):  Aquazone
Favorite Set(s):  Neptune Discovery Lab, Sea Sprint 9
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Girl River Rafter
Current LEGO Project:  Build Sea Crawler/Obtain Shark Cave thingie

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  my kids, getting my teacher's cert, reading,
computers, ice cream

Quotable Quote: "It's never too late to have a happy childhood"

From: richoz@primenet.com (Richard Ozenbaugh)
Date: 1 Jan 1996 22:08:02 -0700

Name:  Richard Ozenbaugh
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1964 (Yea 64.. it's not a typo)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8
Location:  Phornix
E-mail Address:  richoz@primenet.com
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  2
Occupation: Area Manager for 2 way comm. co.
On R.T.L. Since:  6/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  15
# of LEGO Pieces:  900

First LEGO Set:  way back when all they had were square bricks....
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  8880 Super Car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  gears..
Current LEGO Project:  Understanding what makes a minifig

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  robotics, computers, electronics, wife! (not in
that order..)

From: al136@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Mathew Stephen)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 06:48:51 GMT

Name:              Mathew Stephen
Gender:            Male
Year of Birth:     1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 13
Location:          Lincoln, Nebraska
E-mail Address:    ieidstep@engvms.unl.edu
Marital Status:    Single
Children:          none besides myself
Occupation:        Industrial Engineer, but currently unemployed
On R.T.L. Since:   Summer 94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 100+
# of LEGO Pieces:  Over 20,000, all inventoried by piece type and color.

First LEGO Set:    unknown, but at age 3
Favorite Theme(s): Space and castle mainly
Favorite Set(s):   Never met a set I didn't like, except Belville line.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Pieces don't like; a piece that can be
                   be created from other pieces.
Current LEGO Project:  Wanting to set up a display, but currently
                       lacking the space to do so.
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Trying to find a use for 12 empty big blue
                             buckets (set # 1819), any ideas?

From: scalpel@wizards.com (Lord Eternity)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 1996 23:20:07 -0700

Name:  Jon Wilkie (aka "Scalpel", "Lord Eternity", "Mr. Self-Destruct")
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Alive and kicking
Location:  Seattle, WA
E-mail Address:  scalpel@wizards.com
Marital Status:  Single, w/ girlfriend
Children:  None
Occupation:  Customer Support @ Wizards of the Coast, freelance game designer
On R.T.L. Since:  a few months ago

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  a dozen or so
# of LEGO Pieces:  No clue

First LEGO Set:  The first space sets, with the rocket launch station
Favorite Theme(s):  Aqua/Smuggling, Castle/Space
Favorite Set(s):  My modified Rebel Roadster (Simple, yet stylish)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Rebel Roadster pilot (cool biker jacket!)
Current LEGO Project:  Getting a set of drawers to sort out my collection,
building a big display for my desk at work.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  at the age of 13, building a 4-foot long
broadsword wholly out of Legos, and then swinging it in our kitchen.  We
were finding Legos for months...

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  The Camarilla Fan Association, Anime, RPGs,
Hong Kong cinema, Tarantino films, my girlfriend

From: SKLJ50A@prodigy.com (Chris Dickinson)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 08:00:42 GMT

Name:  Chris Dickinson
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1975
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: umm.... i killed my inner child. i'm
just a kid at heart naturally!
Location: Mineral Ridge, OH
E-mail Address:  SKLJ50A@prodigy.com
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  None (thank God)
Occupation:  Sales (commission)
On R.T.L. Since:  JAN '96 (just found it!)
# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  somewhere between 75 and 100
# of LEGO Pieces:  yeah... right...
First LEGO Set:  one of the old sets with "granny" in it.
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Town
Favorite Set(s):  Sail and Fly Marina, Enchanted Island, Robo Guardian.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): the Palm Tree!... umm, how about Octan
Guy?
Current LEGO Project: The New Legoforce (as opposed to the old one that
i've been updating over the last eight years)
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Put together ALL of the Islanders sets one
night up till about 3 AM.
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: role playing, writing stories, collecting and
reading comic books (i'd like to have my own Legoforce comic book!)

From: curtissa@ix.netcom.com(Aaron Curtiss )
Date: 2 Jan 1996 17:51:03 GMT

Name: Aaron Curtiss
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12
Location: Los Angeles, CA
E-mail Address: curtissa@ix.netcom.com
Marital Status: Married
Children: None
Occupation: Journalist/University instructor
On R.T.L. Since: Summer 1994

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: No idea, far too many to count
# of LEGO Pieces: No idea, far too many to count

First LEGO Set: A box of bricks circa 1972
Favorite Theme(s): Town, but dabble in all
Favorite Set(s): Neptune Discovery Lab
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The quarter-circle windows from
    Poolside Paradise
Current LEGO Project: Working on anachronistic time themes for the Time
    Cruisers to visit

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Featured on an E! television show about
    toys. My city takes up an entire room.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Urban planning, marathon running, good
    mystery novels.

From: rcbarth@nyc.pipeline.com (Robert C. Barth)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 13:36:02 -0500

Name: Robert C. Barth
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 10-11-74
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Uh, yeah.
Location: New York City
E-mail Address: rcbarth@pipeline.com
Marital Status: Flatline (not married)
Children: Zero
Occupation: Computer Programmer
On R.T.L. Since: ATL was the hip place to be

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 300+
# of LEGO Pieces: Billionth and billionth :)

First LEGO Set: Some set with mostly red pieces c.1978
Favorite Theme(s): Town, town, and, uh, town. Boats and trains are good
too.
Favorite Set(s): First LegoLand airport (c.1980's Yellow, white chopper,
etc.)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): I like them all the same
Current LEGO Project: Convincing Lego to come out with better sets

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: 'Putering, Hockey, things having to do with Star
                            Wars, Cars, other stuff that I can't think of.

TO++++ TR+++ BO++ BV- PA-- #+++++ S- LS+ Hal A++ YB74m
--------------------
Robert C. Barth - Senior Programmer, Dow Jones & Co.
E-Mail : rcbarth@pipeline.com
WWW    : http://www.users.nyc.pipeline.com/~rcbarth/home.htm

From: bad36@aol.com (BAD36)
Date: 1 Jan 1996 14:09:06 -0500

Name: Brian Davis
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1978
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location:  Cypress, Texas
E-mail Address:  BAD36@aol.com
Marital Status:  Not Married
Children:  0
Occupation   Student:
On R.T.L. Since:  October 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  47
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,000

First LEGO Set:  Motorcycle Shop
Favorite Theme(s):  Town
Favorite Set(s):  Shuttle Launch Pad
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Jailbreak Joe
Current LEGO Project: A Town the size of a Ping Pong Table

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
None

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
computers, reading, and video games

From: jrose@eid.awinc.com (Jeff Rose)
Date: 2 Jan 1996 05:08:41 GMT

Name: Jeff Rose
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10
Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada
E-mail Address:  jrose@eid.awinc.com
Marital Status:  Not Married
Children:  0
Occupation: Movie Theatre Manager
On R.T.L. Since:  September 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Lots
# of LEGO Pieces:  40,000+

First LEGO set:  Some old BASIC set...can't recall.
Favorite Theme(s):  Town
Favorite Set(s):  any Shuttle Set
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Hmmm...
Current LEGO Project: Finding a way to build a Lego town in my apartment
                        and still live in here.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
        Assistant Builder on a football stadium which occupied 9 large grey
        base-plates.  Included a store, snack-bar, ticket stand and press-
        boxes (including those $1million suites).

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
        Reading, and Movies

 Jeff Rose           jrose@eid.awinc.com
                    Oasis Theatre Manager
                   Brooks, Alberta, Canada

From: shepherd.38@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Chris Shepherd)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 19:29:41 GMT

Name:  Chris Shepherd
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  -12
Location: The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
E-mail Address:  shepherd@osu.edu
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None that I know of
Occupation:  Student, Mechanical Engineering
On R.T.L. Since:  94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~80
# of LEGO Pieces: 26431

First LEGO Set:  Some old basic set
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Train
Favorite Set(s):  All of them.  If I don't really like 'em, I don't buy 'em
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Judge Ito from Space shuttle
Current LEGO Project:
1.  Flat car loader (Technic and Train)
2.  A robotic arm (Technic)
3.  Truss bridges (Technic and Train)
4.  A large Crane (about 6' tall, technic)
5.  Original buildings for the trains
6.  Organizing 26000 pieces.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Lots and lots

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Juggling, programming, camping

From: B. Stowe
Date: 3 Jan 1996 01:08:08 GMT

Name: 		Bryan Stowe
Gender:		Male
Year of Birth:	1967
Mental Age/ Status of inner child:  ??
Location:		Lincoln, Nebraska
E-Mail Address:	stowe@inetnebr.com
Marital Status:  	Married
Children:		1 boy age 5
Occupation:  	Nebraska State Law Enforcement Officer
On R.T.L. Since: 	Summer 1995

# of Sets in LEGO collection:     400+
# of LEGO Pieces:		Tens of Thousands

First LEGO Set: Unknown, inhereted LEGOs from extended family dating
 from late '50's:?
Favorite Theme (s):		Trains, town, Aquzone
Favorite Set(s): Blue coal car for train, Red trolley engine for train
 (european)
Favorite Piece(s):		Any thing train
Current LEGO Project: 14' x 18' Town in basement with seaport and
 working rail system.
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: Own all Train sets produced in the last
 five years including european ones, Own first twenty space
 sets produced.

From: Moo the Cow <sillywiz@wardrobe.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 12:50:34 GMT

Name: Keith Lucas ( "Moo the Cow", "SillyWiz" )
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 73
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10 going on middle aged.
Location: Coventry, UK.
E-mail Address: sillywiz@wardrobe.demon.co.uk
Marital Status: single, but taking offers from attractive blondes..
Children: none.
Occupation: I get paid for programming trivia quiz machines. What I _do_
	is a difefrent matter.
On R.T.L. Since: it was A.T.L

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Dunno. Many. >100
# of LEGO Pieces: The Owner of the Great Toystore in the Sky alone
	knows. ( I have got a once complete catalogue somewhere, but it's
	~7 years out of date.

First LEGO Set: Number '3'.
Favorite Theme(s): Pirate. But I could convert to Wild West...
Favorite Set(s): I think it's still the ambulance & helicopter ( No. 653 )
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Current LEGO Project: Building a complete civilisation using all the lego that
	came back with me from my parents last Thursday !! ( And all I can
	snag in the sales )

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Building space-craft using 50x50 baseplates as
	the foundations.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Linux games programming. Sci-fi & fantasy
	wargaming, watching movies, a sci-fi film I'm writing ( at a rate
	that reminds observers of continental drift ).

From: wrzwicky@ux7.cso.uiuc.edu (William Roger Zwicky)
Date: 3 Jan 1996 18:08:04 GMT

Name:  Bill Zwicky
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  17
Location:  Champaign, IL
E-mail Address: wrzwicky@uiuc.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~wrzwicky/
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Student, programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~30
# of LEGO Pieces:  4000?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  Some space set from 1979
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  8880
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  All technic
Current LEGO Project:  8880 and variations

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  None, really.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computering, biking

/ William R. Zwicky                      /
/ U of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana        /
/ wrzwicky@uiuc.edu                      /
/ http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~wrzwicky /
LEGO: TC+++(8880) SP++(497) CA+ PI+ #+ S+ LS++ Hsu A+ YB68m

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net