The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 12

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: tthomas@infinet.com (Tom Thomas)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 22:08:25 +1000

Name: Tom Thomas
Gender: Male
Age: 39
Year of birth: 1955
Mental age/status of inner child: About 12!
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA
E-mail address: tthomas@infinet.com
Marital status: Married
Children: 1 daughter
Occupation: Own/operate manufactured home community
# of sets in LEGO collection: 206
# of LEGO pieces: 34,588 plus 3-5000 more not counted.
First LEGO set: #717 Junior Constructor, circa 1965
Favorite theme(s): Model Team, Train, Town, Technic
Favorite set(s): 5590, 4558, 6399, 6484, 8680, 8880
Current project: Building all of the sets I have acquired during the last 10
  months (mostly after discovering RTL!)  Also starting to plan my LEGO
  town, construction to begin soon.
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: None that I can think of.
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Dual-sport motorcycling (Honda XR250L), ATV
  riding (Yamaha Warrior), snowmobiling (Arctic Cat Pantera), RV travel (25'
  Barth motorhome), reading.

                Tom Thomas
            tthomas@infinet.com
   He who dies with the most toys wins!

LEGO: MT++++1c(5590)TR+++2(4558)TO+++3(6399)
TC+++(8680)AQ++#++++SLS/LS++HsM+A+YB55m

From: "Dan \"Superdan\" Bailey" <superdan@krypton.mankato.msus.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 14:15:21 -0600

Name:  Dan Bailey
Gender:  male
Age:  22
Year of birth:  1972
Mental age/status of inner child:  main personality: 22
				     alternate: 12
Location:  Mankato, Minnesota, USA
E-mail address:  superdan@krypton.mankato.msus.edu
LEGO/home page url:  http://att2.cs.mankato.msus.edu/~superdan/
Marital status:  single
Children:  just my alternate personality, thanks
Occupation:  student/soldier/writer
# of sets in LEGO collection:  God Only Knows
# of LEGO pieces:  I can't count that high.  :)
First LEGO set:  one of the basic block sets while living in Europe in 1976
Favorite theme(s):  Ice Planet, Town (Police especially), and original
		      Space
Favorite set(s):  The Deep-Freeze Defender
Current project:  establishing a Lego Police-State in my dorm room and
		    subjugating my roommate with it
		    also trying to finish and publish my first SF novel
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  Would like to be reincarnated as a Deep-
			        Freeze Defender pilot
Other (non-LEGO) interests:  Bicycle racing, the Cyberpunk role-playing
			       game, writing science fiction

From: Charles Edward Millen <cem2333@tam2000.tamu.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 22:37:06 -0600

Name:  	Charles Millen (Charlie)
Gender:	M
Age:  	21
Year of birth:  1974
Mental age/status of inner child:  Somewhere between 2-8
Location:
	College Station, TX, when I'm at school
	Dallas, TX, when I'm at home
E-mail address:	ncc-elmo@tamu.edu
LEGO/home page url:
	homepage:  http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~cem2333/
	legopage:  http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~cem2333/legos.html

	legopage just has links on it right now

Marital status: Not married
Children:	None
Occupation:	Student at Texas A&M University
# of sets in LEGO collection:
	over 53 I'm guessing
# of LEGO pieces:	Yeah right!
First LEGO set:		I think that it was the Starfleet Voyager (6929)
Favorite theme(s):	Space
Favorite set(s):
	Blacktron (I and II)
	I like the Unitron color scheme
Current project:
	Just finished (I think) a ship with Unitron color scheme
	Working on a big BTII ship
	Raytracing Lego bricks
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:
	Got to see the White House and Liberty Bell made of LEGO bricks
Other (non-LEGO) interests: (other ways I spend my time)
 	Church, gutar, programming, electronics, Star Trek, cartoons
	School (I'm a junior Computer Science major), raytracing

From: Eelco Maljaars <eelco@cornnet.nl>
Date: 20 Nov 1995 13:19:08 GMT

Name:  Eelco Maljaars
Gender:  male
Age:  21
Year of birth:  1974
Mental age/status of inner child:  10 years, 9 months and 3 days
Location:  Delft, Zuid Holland, The Netherlands
E-mail address:  eelco@cornnet.nl
LEGO/home page url: not yet, coming soon!
Marital status:  single
Children:  2 teenage mutant turtles (but then a bit smaller)
Occupation:  nurse (don't know the english male form this)
# of sets in LEGO collection:  100+
# of LEGO pieces:  ehhh....
First LEGO set:  I thin kit was a basic set with houses and a eletric motor
Favorite theme(s):  Town, Trains
Favorite set(s):  The shutle lauch platfomr and all trains
Current project:  Trying to find some space in this one room I live in to put
my town and train (very difficult problem to solve)
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  ehhh...?
What was that last one...?

From: beezer44@ix.netcom.com (Brian Zemach )
Date: 20 Nov 1995 14:29:41 GMT

Name: Brian Zemach and son, Aaron
Gender: Males
Age: Me-46  Aaron-4
Year of birth:1949
Mental age/status of inner child: Mine alternates between 18 and 58.
       My son' alternates between 4 and 24
Location: Chicagoland, USA
E-mail address: beezer44@ix.netcom.com;  BAZ434@aol.com
LEGO/home page url:not that sophisticated
Marital status:I'm married, he's not
Children: I have two:  ages 4 and 1.  He has a surrogate doll with
       same name as his younger sister.
Occupation:  Banker, kid
# of sets in LEGO collection:Lots of basic blocks and accessories,
          plus about 30 kits.
# of LEGO pieces:  Never counter, but enough to completely cover the
floor of a 10x15 foot bedroom, which happens with depressing
regularity.
First LEGO set: That little rec vehicle with a trailer and powerboat.
Favorite theme(s): Aquazone is nice
Favorite set(s):varies
Current project:Sneaking kits and bocks into the house so my wife
won't find out how much I'm spending.
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:My infant has STILL not eaten a lego piece
Other (non-LEGO) interests:Astronomy, whatever Minx is into these
days.

From: gator@bistro.ebay.sun.com (ali perry)
Date: 20 Nov 1995 18:54:54 GMT

Name:           Ali Perry
Gender:         Female
Age:            31
Year of birth:  1964
Mental age/status of inner child: Sometimes 8 yo, sometimes 16 yo, never 31 yo.
Location:       Mountain View, CA
E-mail address: gator@bistro.ebay.sun.com
LEGO/home page url: None yet...
Marital status: Married
Children: 1 child, Emily Edith 3 years old
Occupation: Senior Administrative Assistant
# of sets in LEGO collection: I'd quess atleast 50
# of LEGO pieces: I've never counted. I have 2 very large rubbermate totes full.
First LEGO set: 1976 (the year, not the set) I got my first basic set for
	  Christmas. It had clear roof pieces, swinging gates, and the
	  people had long, jointed arms. I combined my set with a friend's
	  set (and I had more lego than her) and then she moved away
	  and, eventually, gave the entire set away. I was crushed and
	  have been overcompensating for the trauma ever since I got
	  my first job.
Favorite theme(s): Town and Castle
Favorite set(s): Anything with cool pieces to include on my houses. I just
	  purchased the mega castle on Friday and spent the weekend
	  putting it together. It's a great set. My husband (what a guy!)
	  bought a pink set (Paradiso?) just so I could have the spiral
	  staircase that I had been eyeballing.
Current project: Keeping my 3 year old out of the lego bins until she's
          old enough to appreciate them. Right now she leaves them on the
	  floor and doesn't know how to take care of them. We're working on
	  it. Also, she knows the legos are Mummy's toys. :-)
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: All the kids at my daughter's daycare want to come
	 over to our house and play with the legos.
Other (non- LEGO) interests: Playing with my daughter, quilting, hiking in the
	foothills, traveling, gambling (slots and roulett in Vegas), and
	writing.

From: yarek@gonzo.klg.com (Jaroslaw "Yarek" Kowalik)
Date: 20 Nov 1995 17:46:39 -0500

Name:  	Jaroslaw Kowalik (Yarek)
Gender:	M
Age:  	24
Year of birth:  1971
Mental age/status of inner child:  Circa age 10-12
Location:	Toronto, Ontario, Canada
E-mail address:	yarek@klg.com, jkowalik@calum.uwaterloo.ca
LEGO/home page url:	none yet
Marital status:  	Not married
Children:	None
Occupation:
	Full time employee. Write Motif widgets for work. Recently graduated
	from University of Waterloo in CS.
# of sets in LEGO collection:	Well over 20. Lots of small stuff though.
# of LEGO pieces:	Dunno, next project.
First LEGO set:
	Old type of a house, with minifigs with no faces, no hands, and that
	could not bent. This set was left in the old country... Then old style
	BASIC like fire trucks with men with large heads and multi-jonted arms
	(1970s), and with torsos made of 2x2 bricks. Older Space Lego and
	Technic.
Favorite theme(s):
	Space (mostly old, but did not pay attention to Legos for pas 5 years,
	so maybe there is some new space that I would like).
	Technic.
Favorite set(s):
	Super Car. Really nifty stuff (will have to get it for Chirstmas).
Current project:
	Rebuilding all the Lego sets I owe (checking for defects/missing
	pieces).
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:	none
Other (non-LEGO) interests: (other ways I spend my time)
	Programming, wood working, sci-fi movies and books, tai-chi...
--
Yarek Kowalik -- yarek@klg.com

From: richards@uoguelph.ca (Allan Richards)
Date: 21 Nov 1995 21:31:27 GMT

Name: Allan Richards
Gender: M
Age: 20
Year of birth: 1975
Mental age/status of inner child: varies day to day
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
E-mail address: richards@uoguelph.ca
LEGO/home page url: None <snif>
Marital status: Single
Children: None
Occupation: Student
Program: Hotel and Food Administration
# of sets in LEGO collection: nearing 200
# of LEGO pieces: 6  ;)
First LEGO set: Big Yellow Castle (375)
Favorite theme(s): Town/Trains
Favorite set(s): Airport Monorail (6399), L/S Vehicles
Current project: Re-assembling sets after the last project (outdoor stage)
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  Known by name at Miller's Toystore, in
				Truro, Cornwall, England.
				They look forward to my arrival each summer.
				Most of my Lego must have come from
				there over the years, and they give me
				lots of promo stuff (large advertising
				posters, etc).
Other (non-LEGO) interests: basketball, campus radio DJ, dsktop publishing

From: Jim Merullo <jmerullo@tiac.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 1995 20:09:50 -0500

Name: Jim Merullo
Gender: M
Age: 26
Year of birth:  1969
Mental age/status of inner child:  12
Location:  Boston, MA
E-mail address:  JMerullo.tiac.net
LEGO/home page url:  None yet, but soon
Marital status:  S
Children:  none
Occupation:  Computer Tech / goof off
# of sets in LEGO collection:  30 and growing
# of LEGO pieces:  Bullions and Bullions...
First LEGO set:  old truck with crain on back
Favorite theme(s):  Town / space
Favorite set(s):  Super car... my first really huge set!
Current project:  "Lego Mission to Mars"
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  Destroyed more peices as a kid
                              than anyone else!
Other (non-LEGO) interests:  Mountaineering, hiking, guitar

From: r.de.bruijn@akam.nl (Robert)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 09:48:10 GMT

Name: Robert de Bruijn
Gender: M
Age: 28
Year of birth: 1967
Mental age/status of inner child: ageless/having a ball
Location: Loenen, The Netherlands
E-mail address: R.de.Bruijn@Akam.nl
LEGO/home page url: working...
Marital status: divorced
Children: girl (2 yrs) Rose, boy (5 yrs) Nicky
Occupation:  System integration consultant
# of sets in LEGO collection: app. 120
# of LEGO pieces: plenty
First LEGO set: that was way back in '69. I think it was the old train
Favorite theme(s): Aquazone, Unitron, train, forestmen, castle
Favorite set(s): 6691 monorail
Current project: still secret, watch rtl
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: got published in Dutch Lego newspaper once
Other (non-LEGO) interests: plenty

From: jefetved@interpath.net (Jeremy Fetvedt)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 1995 17:50:47 GMT

Name: Jeremy Fetvedt
Gender: M
Age: 22
Year of birth: 1973
Mental age/status of inner child: I'll say about 12, wife will say 4
Location:  Raleigh, NC
E-mail address:  jefetved@interpath.net
LEGO/home page url: none (yet)
Marital status: Married
Children:1 (step son -- 4yrs)
Occupation: Network Technician at an ISP
# of sets in LEGO collection: ~30
# of LEGO pieces: alot, might fit in a really large suitcase
First LEGO set: I have no idea, I must have been about 3 yrs old
Favorite theme(s): Technic
Favorite set(s): The newest supercar (8880 (?))
Current project:  Computer control
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  Keeping MY legos seperate from my 4 yr
olds
Other (non-LEGO) interests:  motorcycles, 4x4's, SCUBA, caving, etc...

From: m-17868@mailbox.swipnet.se (Oskar Sandberg)
Date: 24 Nov 1995 21:51:24 GMT

Name:	Oskar Sandberg
Gender:	M
Age:	17
Year of birth:	95-17= 78
Mental Age:	Hmmm, 9
Location:	Sweden
E-mail adress:	m-17868@mailbox.swipnet.se
Lego/home page url:	none as jet
Marital Status:		single
Children:	No, they would steal my legos :)
Occupation:	Student
# of Lego sets in collection:	Alot, 200-250-300 and it is true.
# of lego pieces	est. >30,000, filled to moving crates when I moved
First LEGO set:		Duplo rattle, at age 0.5
Favorite Theme:		Space, the new undersea one is cool aswell
Favorite set:		The orginal Monorail
Current Project:	Mech robot, (1 meter tall)
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:
	Built a roal on roal off ferry that fit +20 lego cars, and with
	lots of cabins, restaurants, and swimmingpools. With a complete
	harbor to dock it.
Other (non-LEGO) interests:
	hhhhmmmm, sleeping, eating, and maybe a little computer.

From: train1@ttuhsc.edu
Date: 27 Nov 1995 09:30:41 GMT

Name: Derrick S. Ginter
Gender: Male TEXAN
Age: 27
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of inner child: 45/On life support
Location: Lubbock, Texas (Home of Buddy Holly)
E-Mail Address: POLDG@TTUSHC.EDU
LEGO/Home Page URL: None, but hoping to change that soon!!
Marital Status: Single and getting desperate (send pics to my mom)
Children: None
Occupation: Police Dispatcher/911 Operator for the Texas Tech University
Health Sciences Center
# of sets in LEGO collection: about 25-30
# of LEGO pieces: Unknown
First LEGO set: Some basic bulk brick set from the early 70s, a yellow
wrecker with blue car, red double-decker bus, and a Dutch Windmill Set!!
Favorite Theme(s): Space, Technic, Modellers
Favorite Set(s): My own designs.
Current project: YF-22 ATF (New US Air Force Fighter Jet)/updating my PC
Lego library
Greatest Claim to LEGO fame: Lego X-Wing (minifig scale), Lego bricks for
your PC (using Windows Paintbrush Utility)
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Ham Radio Operator (callsign: N5UQC), Storm
Spotter for National Weather Service, Aviation, Flight Simulation, NASA
Buff, Computers, Star Wars fan, and frequent user of the IRC (nickname:
MOCR).

From: peter.gustafsson@pgu.pp.se (Peter Gustafsson)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 18:54:16 GMT

Name: Peter Gustafsson
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Year of birth: 1968
Mental age/status of inner child: 9/Wishing Santa will bring me Lego
Location: Eskilstuna, Sweden
E-mail address: peter.gustafsson@pgu.pp.se
LEGO/home page url: None at this time, maybe later
Marital status: Single, and getting desperate...
Children: You mean the little ones with yellow faces and big smiles?
Occupation: Quality supervisor
# of sets in LEGO collection: Somewhere between 10 and 100
# of LEGO pieces: Not nearly enough
First LEGO set: Some sort of large fire engine with steering
Favorite theme(s): All of them (can't make up my mind)
Favorite set(s): My newly build space-ship
Current project: Making the above better
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: My space ship has four large guns in
pylons under the wings
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Computers, Net-surfing, Mountain-biking,
Photography, Reading fantasy-books (Tolkien, David Eddings)

----- Peter Gustafsson --- Eskilstuna Sweden -----
----------- peter.gustafsson@pgu.pp.se -----------

From: caweglicki@vaxsar.vassar.edu (caweglicki)
Date: 4 Dec 1995 03:05:24 GMT

Name: caldwell weglicki
Gender:  m
Age:  23
Year of birth:  1972
Mental age/status of inner child:  11
Location:  maryland (homebase)
E-mail address:  caweglicki@vaxsar.vassar.edu
LEGO/home page url: N/A
Marital status:  3 yr. relatinship w/ sig-oth
Children: 0 (but i have 2 10yr. old brothers)
Occupation:  student (until jan.)
# of sets in LEGO collection:  ~85
# of LEGO pieces: exactly alot
First LEGO set:  the large general brick set from 1979 (lotsa red
	slopies!)
Favorite theme(s): SPACE, EXPERT BUILDER (technic)
Favorite set(s):  Galaxy Explorer (1st space i owned), M-Tron
	Magnetizer
Current project:  graduating and finding apt. with sig-oth
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  15+ original designs at home waiting to
	be photographed, scanned and "submitted for your approval."
Other (non-LEGO) interests:  computers, music, computer music, reading,
	drawing, video games, TV.

From: saint@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (Michael Sutton)
Date: 3 Dec 1995 21:41:12 GMT

Name: Michael Sutton
Gender: male
Age: 20
Year of birth: 1975
Mental age/status of inner child: 8 or 9
Location: Bloomington, Indiana or Louisville, Kentucky (depending
	  on the time of year)
E-mail address: saint@copper.ucs.indiana.edu
Marital status: single
Children: are some of my best friends.
Occupation: Student at Indiana University (studying Developmental
	    Psychology and Linguistics -- emphasis on language
	    development in children)
# of sets in LEGO collection: about 25
# of LEGO pieces: approximately 3000
First LEGO set: A Black Falcon set from the mid 80's
Favorite theme(s): Castle and Imperial Guards (although Space is nice too)
Favorite set(s): that I own?... 6054 Forestmen's Hidout
Current project: Acquiring more LEGO sets.  :)
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: Still dreaming about what that will be.
Other (non-LEGO) interests: too diverse to list...I'm interested in
			    everything!

From: zbenz@hmc.edu (Zachary Benz)
Date: 4 Dec 1995 04:50:33 GMT

Name: Zach Benz
Gender: M
Age: 19
Year of birth: 76
Mental age/status of inner child: eternally 8
Location: college in So Cal, home in MD
E-mail address: zbenz@hmc.edu
LEGO/home page url: http://www2.hmc.edu/~zbenz/lego.html
Marital status: single
Children: all those little minifigures!
Occupation: full time student
# of sets in LEGO collection: hundreds, if not thousands
# of LEGO pieces: hundreds of thousands
First LEGO set: a warehouse from back in the 60's when Samsonite marketed Lego
    in the U.S.
Favorite theme(s): all but pirates
Favorite set(s): Metro Station
Current project: completing my new city
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: I _am_ Zach "The Lego Maniac".  Where do you think
    they got the idea? :)  Ok, so maybe its not true, but I did used to write
    them about once a month when I was younger, and suddenly those commercials
    popped up.  Heck, I even got free Zaks toys (from Ohio Art) because of my
    name and collection of Lego (long story).
Other (non-LEGO) interests: cycling, volleyball

--
Zach "The Lego Maniac"
http://www2.hmc.edu/~zbenz/

From: Sojourn@cris.com (Jeremy Whitlock)
Date: 4 Dec 1995 00:51:31 GMT

Name:  Jair Whitlock
Gender:  Male
Age:  21
Year of birth:  1974
Mental age/status of inner child:  10ish - Alive and Well
Location:  Richmond, VA
E-mail address:  sojourn@cris.com
LEGO/home page url:  N/A
Marital status:  Single
Children:  None, just me.
Occupation:  Student / Micro Systems Maintenance Guy
# of sets in LEGO collection:  ~25
# of LEGO pieces:  ~3500
First LEGO set:  An old space set I had as a kid that had red
                 and white spacemen and very cool crater baseplates.
                 (I later traded this set for Transformers at some
                 point in life while under immense peer pressure.)
Favorite theme(s):  Castle all the way though I'm finding myself dividing
                    my time (and money) between that and some Town sets of
                    late.
Favorite set(s):  #6086 Black Knight's Castle
                  #6542 Launch and Load Seaport (Which I don't own but
                  would truly love to.)
Current project:   Pestering my friends (and all of their friends) and
                   family to scour their attics and closets for old unused
                   legos so that I might provide them with a good home.
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  None, yet. -grin-
Other (non-LEGO) interests:  Slinkys of every shape, size, material and
                             colour.  Juggling and various juggling
                             objects.  Collecting those high bounce balls
                             you find in the little toy vending machines.
                             Too many other things to list.

From: ecrampto@csugrad.cs.vt.edu (Eric Crampton)
Date: 4 Dec 1995 11:56:08 -0500

Name: Eric Crampton
Gender: Male
Age: 19 (and a half)
Year of birth: 1976
Mental age/status of inner child: 19 / 10
Location: Blacksburg, VA
E-mail address: ecrampto@csugrad.cs.vt.edu
LEGO/home page url: http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~ecrampto (no LEGO stuff)
Marital status: Single
Children: None
Occupation: Student (comp sci/mathematics) at Virginia Tech
# of sets in LEGO collection: About 30
# of LEGO pieces: I have no idea, maybe 4,000.
First LEGO set: LEGO Main Street
Favorite theme(s): Town, Model Team, the older castle stuff
Favorite set(s): LEGO Main Street
Current project: Organizing LEGO... Finding CP HQ's on clearance somewhere!
Greatest claim to LEGO fame: I built a 1,500 piece castle
Other (non-LEGO) interests: Skateboarding, biking, computer stuff.

--
Eric Crampton                      |
E-Mail: ecrampto@csugrad.cs.vt.edu | WWW: http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~ecrampto

From: misium@cauldron.spdc.ti.com (George Misium)
Date: 6 Dec 1995 13:41:12 -0600

Name:    Jason Misium
Gender:  male
Age:     9
Mental age/status of inner child:  12
Location:  Plano, Texas
E-mail address: jason.misium@chrysalis.org
Marital status:
Children:  None
Occupation:  school
# of sets in LEGO collection:  many
# of LEGO pieces:  many more
First LEGO set:    Duplo
Favorite theme(s): Spaceships, Aquazone, Black Knights, Paradisa, boats
Favorite set(s):  Deep Freeze Defender, Black Knights Castle
Current project:  LEGO water world
Greatest claim to LEGO fame:  Youngest around here?
Other (non-LEGO) interests: sports, drawing, being a detective, baseball cards

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net