The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 42

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: boneboney@aol.com (Bone Boney)
Date: 11 Jul 1999 06:20:58 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Damian Garcia
Gender:  male
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Texas
E-mail Address: boneybone@geocities.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  not yet...
Marital Status:  married
Children:  2
Occupation:  PT
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  40-ish
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  yeah, right
# of LEGO Pieces:  ...add the 9, carry the 1...
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set:  one of those old ones with big headed people
LEGO Dark Age: 1991 to 1996
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8829
Favorite Theme(s):  Star Wars
Favorite Set(s):  X-Wing
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  piece: 30360 minifig:  M-Tron custom
Set/theme you would like to see: Set:  Millennium Falcon Theme:  space police
III
Current LEGO Project:  An aggressive Rebel Fleet

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Huh?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  none known

From: Rich <"rich"@ bit.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:04:23 GMT

Name: Rich Thompson
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14
Location: Memphis, TN
E-mail Address: richone@midsouth.rr.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): www.marsrobot.com
Marital Status: Married
Children: 1
Occupation: Nerd Herder
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 50 or so
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 3
# of LEGO Pieces: 10000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (well in August)

First LEGO Set: can't remember, it was the 70s after all
LEGO Dark Age: 1980-1998
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: Mindstorms
Favorite Theme(s): Model Team
Favorite Set(s): Mindstorms
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): RCX
Set/theme you would like to see: Transformers
Current LEGO Project: Building things I saw at the US space and rocket center

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: some cool robots at www.marsrobot.com

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Music, Programming, basic nerd fare

From: calano@aol.com (CAlano)
Date: 12 Jul 1999 06:23:24 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Chris Alano
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Almost as curious as a cat
Location:  Huntington Beach, CA, USA
E-mail Address: calano@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  None Yet
Marital Status:  Haven't asked yet
Children:  SO's 3 kittens and dog
Occupation:  Structures Design Engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  late 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  @250
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: <20
# of LEGO Pieces:  >40,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Opening day LegoLand California

First LEGO Set: 190, Farm Set
LEGO Dark Age: None, but college sure was sparse
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  N/A
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Space
Favorite Set(s):  8480
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  RCX
Set/theme you would like to see: Star Trek, of course
Current LEGO Project:  Mars Rover

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Ultimate, Science Fiction, MST3K, Canoeing,
Backpacking, Scuba, WindSurfing, music, Pinky and the Brain, anything from
Termite Terrace, Books

From: Timbo <tcoats@cyberis.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 13:54:23 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name: Timothy D. Coats
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14-15
Location: Eugene, Oregon
E-mail Address: tcoats@cyberis.net
LEGO/home page URL(s): www.cyberis.net/~tcoats/models.htm
Marital Status: Single
Children: 0
Occupation: Business Manager/Consultant
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: Dec 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: approximately 110
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 12-15 (Most of these are for
sale/trade bait, so I don't necessarily consider them in the
collection)
# of LEGO Pieces: somewhere between 15000-20000
# of LEGOfests Attended: none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Denmark, in 1980
First LEGO Set: unknown, probably some basic set from the 1970's
LEGO Dark Age: June 1988 - December 1997 (Though I actually did buy
about 12 sets in that time.  I just never built them.)
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: El Dorado Fortress (Found this for
$3.00 at Goodwill almost complete.)
Favorite Theme(s): Pirate, Star Wars
Favorite Set(s): BSB
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): scorpion, blue imperial guard with
backpack and high hat
Set/theme you would like to see: Zoo/Safari w/ LOTS of new animals
(Playmobil kicks Lego's butt in this department.)
Current LEGO Project: Pirate Supply Base (currently 3'x5' or so)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Mine is more infamy. I failed to get me
Legoland drivers liscense because I drove across the tracks when the
train was coming.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Drawing, Painting, Aquariums, Warhammer,
Writing, ...

From: John Marshall <johmar@numbat.cs.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 13 Jul 1999 02:34:29 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:		John Marshall
Gender: 	Male
Year of Birth:	1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:	12-ish
Location: 	Melbourne, Australia
E-mail Address:	johmar@cs.rmit.edu.au
LEGO/home page URL(s):	http://yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au/~johmar
(not ready yet but will be a shrine to 12V Trains :-)
Marital Status: 	Single
Children:		No way - they'd steal my Lego
Occupation: 	Student / HP Engineer next year
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 	On & off since 1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 	Umm, probably 100+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:	Yuk. None.
# of LEGO Pieces: 	Tens of thousands
# of LEGOfests Attended:	Zip :-(
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:	None sadly :-(

First LEGO Set:	Umm, the early-80s Snack Bar (set#?)
LEGO Dark Age:	High School I guess, 1989 - 1994 ish
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: a huge load of 12V track
at a garage sale - a massive FOTW that fired me up again!
Favorite Theme(s): 	The Three T's: Train, Town (classic) and Technic.
Favorite Set(s): 	7740 (TEE) was a beautiful thing.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 	12V points & signals (sad I know)
Set/theme you would like to see:	A return to the superior 12V system!!
Current LEGO Project: 	A massive town & train layout with giant
Technic bridges. Now I just need somewhere to put it.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Being nostalgic for the 80's ?

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, music, motor racing (F1)

From: Dan Kees <djkees@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 06:56:51 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Dan Kees
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  16 Although my girlfriend might say younger
Location:  Fremont, CA
E-mail Address:  djkees@home.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  Working on that
Marital Status:  Avoiding at all costs...
Children:  Nope
Occupation:  Process Engineer for CD Manufacturer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  April, 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~60
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  0...I don't think I could keep a set
unopened if I wanted to
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,500
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 Although, I'm planning a trip to
Carlsbad in August

First LEGO Set: 588 Police Headquarters  This is the first one I really
remember.  I know I had some larger LEGO (now DUPLO) and some basic sets
before that.
LEGO Dark Age: 1989 - 1999
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  7110 Landspeeder  THANK YOU STAR
WARS!  I got a few other sets through the years, but they really didn't count.
Favorite Theme(s):  Star Wars, Technic
Favorite Set(s):  8860 Auto Chassis
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  All shock absorbers...love'em
Set/theme you would like to see:  MARBLE MADDNESS  These sets would
build those crazy marble mazes that I used to play with when I was
younger.  I used to build them out of LEGO.  It would be great to have
multiple sets that you could link together.
Current LEGO Project:  Episode 1 MTT Large Transport...with full 112
Droid rack...bring on the Naboo Swamps!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I'd have to say swallowing many LEGO
pieces.  I used to be a real biter when I was younger and I'd often end
up swallowing pieces.  Once I swallowed one of those hourglass shaped
pieces they used for landing gear on classic LEGO Space sets!  Never did
see those again...hmmm...wonder if LEGO is digestible...probably not.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Chainmaille Armour, Camping, Anything
Macintosh, Screen Printing.

From: "Duckie Dave" <Duck@clowes-till-crafts.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:12:10 +0100

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:         David Till
Gender:        Male
Year of Birth:       '76
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  7-14
Location:        North Devon, UK
E-mail Address:      Duck@clowes-till-crafts.freeserve.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):      www.geocities.com/Paris/4192
Marital Status:       single
Children:                          Almost 1k minifigs
Occupation:                        Recent graduate, looking for work.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:            '95 ?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:     ~450
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:  50
# of LEGO Pieces:      ~75000
# of LEGOfests Attended:      0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:     Big shop in windsor.

First LEGO Set:                    Big wooden box
LEGO Dark Age:              2000-2015 if TLG continue juniorising
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: The next real set
Favorite Theme(s):                 Technic, Star Wars, Anything with
minifigs.
Favorite Set(s):                   ? All of them ?
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):   See above
Set/theme you would like to see:   We need a Fantasy theme
Current LEGO Project:       Unpacking from uni, and house move.

Greatest Claims to LEGO Fame:      Winning a 8094 before it became
available,
       Giant wasp named Justin, see URL,
       Built props for a play from Znap.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:      Mechanics, photography, computers, music,
women, Alcohol.

From: "Ton Reesink" <reesink@casema.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 21:08:12 +0200
Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Ton Reesink
Gender:  male
Year of Birth: My true age is about three times my mental age :)
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Breda, The Netherlands
E-mail Address: reesink@casema.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://www.casema.net/~reesink/
Marital Status: living together with Selina
Children:  1 and myself
Occupation:  sales manager IT
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: june 1997

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 230
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: about 20 for trades :)
# of LEGO Pieces:  about 40K
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: ??
LEGO Dark Age: I do not remember ....
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8880 Super Car
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Train
Favorite Set(s):  8450 Cyber Master / Mindstorms
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  RCX
Set/theme you would like to see: cranes
Current LEGO Project:  geeting my Technic collection complete

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Stadium trades all over the world

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  reading, dining, computers, Selina

From: atnadastra@my-deja.com
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 20:00:58 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Steve Nunemaker
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Scranton, PA
E-mail Address:atnadlux@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status:  married
Children:  1
Occupation:  programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  lurking since 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  too many to count
# of Unopened Sets in Collection:none
# of LEGO Pieces:  unknown, but I have over 300 minifigs
# of LEGOfests Attended:none
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:none

First LEGO Set:helicopter set at age 7
LEGO Dark Age:1980-1993
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: "Black Monarch's Ghost"
Favorite Theme(s):  Star Wars, are you kidding?
Favorite Set(s):  all of them
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Darth Vader
Set/theme you would like to see: Military Legos
Current LEGO Project:  Technic Robot w/video camera

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Rocketry, Star Wars

From: "Jun Yu" <junyu@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:18:46 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  jun yu
Gender:  m
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  13
Location:  berkeley, ca
E-mail Address:  junyu@uclink4.berkeley.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  single
Children:  inner child
Occupation:  student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1996

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~30
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 2
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~6000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: carlsbad

First LEGO Set: 856 expert builder buldozer
LEGO Dark Age: '87-'94
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8880 supercar
Favorite Theme(s):  space, technic, expert builder
Favorite Set(s):  6929, 6950, 8880, 8480
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  ,
Set/theme you would like to see:  technic sets in brown and tan, and no more
corrugated pipes
Current LEGO Project:  supercar sized offroad vehicle with homemade wheels
and independent pneumatic disc brakes.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  i probably have more bitemarks on my legos
than anyone else. some of my older pieces are rrecognizeable

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  swimming, mountain biking, model building,
computers

From: "Brian B." <bribat@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 18:38:33 -0400

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Brian Batdorf
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  68
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Ohio
E-mail Address: bribat@sssnet.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  n/a
Marital Status:  M
Children:  just me :)
Occupation:  concrete transport engineer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  early 97

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  200+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 20+
# of LEGO Pieces:  30,000+
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 Carlsbad

First LEGO Set: ?
LEGO Dark Age: 1984 - 1996
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8440 Formula Flash
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Model Team, Star Wars
Favorite Set(s):  8880 Super Car, 8480 Space Shuttle, 952 Farm Tractor, 5571
Monster Big Rig, too many to list.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  all LEGO pieces are my favorite.
Set/theme you would like to see: ? ... I'll have to think about this one!
Current LEGO Project:  Low Boy Trailer for the 5580 Highway Rig
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  n/a
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Travel

From: snafu@io.com (Stephen F Roberts)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 22:52:32 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Stephen F Roberts
Gender:  M
Year of Birth:  1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  15/quite healthy
Location:  Fredericksburg/Northern Virginia
E-mail Address: roberts@wildlink.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  wildlink.com/lego/
Marital Status:  married
Children:  2
Occupation:  Oracle DBA/Designer/Web Genius
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1998

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  40+
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 3
# of LEGO Pieces:  10,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0 :-(

First LEGO Set: long long long lost in the midsts of time
LEGO Dark Age: 1986 - 1998
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: Star Wars Snowspeeder
Favorite Theme(s):  Train
Favorite Set(s):  8880 Supercar
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  2x4 standard brick (there's nothing u cant do
with them!)
Set/theme you would like to see: Roman
Current LEGO Project:  Building a small town around my growing collection of
train stuffe

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  The NOVA LTC

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers & the scifi channel

From: Kevin Wilson <70641.507@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 16:24:57 -0700

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Kevin Wilson
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1958
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  17
Location:  North Vancouver, BC, Canada
E-mail Address: kwilson_tcs@compuserve.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/Lego.html
Marital Status:  D
Children:  1 daughter, 15 y/o
Occupation:  Independent Software developer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Jan 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  about 50
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 1 (not counting sets for sale)
# of LEGO Pieces:  30-40,000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 1
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 1 (Windsor)

First LEGO Set: Some 1960's basic sest
LEGO Dark Age: 1970 - 1998
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  Flying Time Vessel
Favorite Theme(s):  Trains, Town
Favorite Set(s):  4555
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Set/theme you would like to see: Famous buildings, Ancient Greece & Rome
Current LEGO Project:  Monorail version of local "Skytrain" rapid
transit system.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Classical music, SCA, model railroads,
volunteering at my daughter's school, gardening, DIY, quilting.

From: regult@aol.com (Jeff Christner)
Date: 06 Aug 1999 23:54:56 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Jeff Christner
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: around 12
Location:  Parma Hts, OH (Cleveland Area)
E-mail Address:  regult@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  http://members.aol.com/regult/
Marital Status:  Married
Children: One on the way.
Occupation:  Freight Train Conductor for Norfolk Southern
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  late 94'

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Can't keep accurate count anymore.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 15+
# of LEGO Pieces: Too many, yet not enough.
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: I think it was 570 fire house.
LEGO Dark Age: Between 1981 and 1990
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: 6389 - Fire Control Center and a few others
all bought at once.
Favorite Theme(s):  Formerly Town, now I'm not sure anymore.
Favorite Set(s):  6389 - Fire Control Center
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Any elements that I can use to build fire
apparatus
Set/theme you would like to see: The demise of Town Jr.
Current LEGO Project:  As always, designing fire apparatus for my fake company,
Sixby Fire Tech.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Displayed on the internet the first conventional
six wide fire apparatus on 10/30/97.
Coined the word sixby (six-bee) which is now used by many when refering to six
wide town vehicles.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Current events, Mecha, and Anime.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.

From: "Ceryn" <creneverson@gci.net>
Date: 7 Aug 1999 04:01:53 GMT

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Ceryn Everson (no not my real name. Not gonna give that out on
here. Sorry)
Gender:  um, can't say. I like it when people are confused.:)
Year of Birth: Privliged info
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Probably 5 years behind I'd guess.
Location:  Alaska
E-mail Address: creneverson@gci.net (note: See aboave!)
LEGO/home page URL(s):  too lazy
Marital Status:  nNO body LIIIKES meeeeeee. *snif* Besides,  I HATE that
dateing scene
Children: none of my own, but do lots of 'take care of's of someone
else's.
Occupation:  Shlupping it up in Toys R Us.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  last month.

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  20 big ones, 30-40 minor ones. and a few
that were bought just for parts.
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: ONE, but that's because I got 3 others
of it now.
# of LEGO Pieces: ...  ok, 2 1200 tubs, 4 800 tubs, 3 600 tubs, various
sets... add the 4, take away 2,...
 hmmmm,    ...  ehhh, odd guess I'd say 10,000 or so. But I wanna get up to
the MEGA collector level,
 like the dude that made the Titanic. He's my HERO!
# of LEGOfests Attended: None, but am trying to convince manager at store
 try and have a lego sealed deck contest, where they get a small box of
freestyle, and one or two
 random sets, and they have a set period of time to make something
interesting in various catagories.
  Problem is, we can't charge for this, so we end up giveing the small sets
away.
  I'm trying to work around this.

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Gimme 5 days and I'll answer YES to this!
 Going to SanDiego in 4 days! YAAAAAYYYY

First LEGO Set: ... technicly, it has to be one of those, what we term
now as, freestyle sets.
  But the Space Crusier set, was my first REAL set, followed by the Galaxy
Explorer,
 and was hooked for the LONGEST time.
LEGO Dark Age:  gotta be from the early 80s untill recently.
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: Landspeeder. That set me off, though I
did get a couple of the blacktron
 sets from the first run of those, I thought they sucked compared to the
original space sets. Still do, but
 I kick myself for not getting more.
Favorite Theme(s):  Original Space series, though I would have liked to
get the Explorians series.
Favorite Set(s):  Actually I liked the Sith Infiltrater, though it should
have been at a better scale I feel.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Female Insetoid. Put a black hair bit
on her and she looks cute.
Set/theme you would like to see: Would like to see a Town Home series, or
at least a more contemperary
 sets. The original Paradisia sets were a step in the right direction, but
we need to go further.
 Belview does NOT cut it.
Current LEGO Project:  The TOWER. 25 level in the base, and a sphere like
structure on top.
  The *ahem* legistics of such a project are somewhat daunting, especially
money wise, but I figure if I
 snag cheap ass sets, I'll get there.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Nothing really yet.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers. Anime, Jpop. Gold Digger. Used to
have RPG in there but
 kinda fell out of that due to falling out of group I was with. feh.

From: "David Leese" <MRLEESE@genius1.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:12:04 +0100

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  David A. Leese
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  about 11
Location:  Cheshire, England, UK
E-mail Address: mrleese@genius1.freeserve.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  None
Occupation:  Teacher in training
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  April 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  Nine
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: Seven
# of LEGO Pieces:  Uncounted, but not masses!
# of LEGOfests Attended: Nil.
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Nil

First LEGO Set: 918, many years ago.
LEGO Dark Age:  1986-1998
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  5918 Sam Grant's Scorpion
Favorite Theme(s):  Blacktron / Insectoids / UFO
Favorite Set(s):  6817 Insectoid Mosquito
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  UFO:  grey/black body, grey body armour,
black helmet
Set/theme you would like to see:  Modern space minifig set.
Current LEGO Project:  Trying to find some display space for my collection!

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Working on it!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computing, Chemistry, cricket.

From: SSD_Executor@bigfoot.com (Pat Talken)
Date: 7 Aug 1999 18:42:22 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name:  Patrick B. Talken
Gender:  MALE
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  12
Location:  Shreveport, La
E-mail Address: ptalken@shreve.net
LEGO/home page URL(s):  N/A
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  0
Occupation: USAF/Enlisted/B-52 Bombing Navigation Systems Specialist
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  2 August 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:   18
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 18
# of LEGO Pieces:  ??
# of LEGOfests Attended: There are LEGO Conventions?? When and Where?
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: That I can remember is Galaxy Explorer (AWESOME SET)
LEGO Dark Age: approx 13 years long
First LEGO set after the Dark Age: #6445 Emergency Evac (I LOVE THIS SET)
Favorite Theme(s):  RES Q, NINJA, WILD WEST, ADVENTURERS
Favorite Set(s):  TIE Fighter/Y-Wing, Aerial Evac, Emergency Evac, Naboo
Fighter
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Battle Droid from SW EP1, Rebel
Pilots, RES q mini figs
Set/theme you would like to see: a new BLACKTRON series
Current LEGO Project: none

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Hockey, Reading, Politics, Internet

From: jjcjunior@aol.com (JJCjunior)
Date: 08 Aug 1999 01:53:05 GMT
From: "A.C. Terry" <toorude@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 21:26:17 -0500

Rec.Toys.Lego Roll Call/ De-lurking Form (Version 3.2)

Name: Joel Michael Kuester

Gender: M

Year of Birth: 1975

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: !?! ...15

Location: Milwaukee, Wi

E-mail Address: septenemae@hotmail.com

LEGO/home page URL(s): http://members.tripod.com/minispy/index.html

Marital Status: single as heck.

Children: none I am aware of.

Occupation: Software/console game retail store manager

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1997 (mostly lurking)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: estimated at 400+

# of Unopened Sets in Collection: NONE! Lego must be played with.

# of LEGO Pieces: NO WAY can I count them!

# of LEGOfests Attended:

2 large travelling shows, unless you count the yearly Lego show at Summerfest
here in Milwaukee, then I have been to about 15 or 16.

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:

None.  unless you count that little one at The Mall of America.

First LEGO Set:  must have been a yellow Fabuland car.

LEGO Dark Age: none (yes, I'm THAT dorky)

I never *stopped* playing with Lego, in High School, I just didn't play with
them as much as when I was a kid.  Since going to college, I play and buy
Lego more than ever. (my parents aren't around to yell at me for buying
"yet another Lego set").

First LEGO set after the Dark Age: ummmmmm...

Favorite Theme(s):

Star Wars, Castle, some Technic and Model Team
Ninja is nice too, and Adventurers has great parts, but the sets are lame.

Favorite Set(s):

well, the first really big set I ever got was the first yellow castle,
so I remember it rather fondly.  I got it as a birthday present at my
aunt's house, and I clearly remember running to my cousin's room,
closing the door, and not coming out until it was fully completed.

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  hmmm... the best minifig has to be

Darth Vader... even my mom loved him, and she dreads my Lego habit.

Set/theme you would like to see:

the "Super Heroes" idea mentioned earlier has great potential to revitalize the
Town.

Current LEGO Project:

Slave I

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

I have one of the better Millennium Falcons on the net.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

I collect Transformers.  I also have a large CD collection (600+
albums) of ska-jazz, reggae, 60's latin/south american, exotica and
lounge music.

From: Juhana Siren <Juhana.Siren@oulu.fi>
Date: 07 Aug 1999 10:58:52 +0300

Name:  Juhana Siren
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1977
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  about 12
Location:  Oulu, Finland
E-mail Address: Juhana.Siren@oulu.fi
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none at the moment
Marital Status:  single
Children:  none
Occupation:  System administrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  currently only one, having just returned
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: 0
# of LEGO Pieces:  haven't counted
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: 0

First LEGO Set: cannot recall - probably some 70's Duplo set
LEGO Dark Age: circa 1993 to 1999
First LEGO set after the Dark Age:  8459
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Trains, Town
Favorite Set(s):  7740, although I never had it :)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  -
Set/theme you would like to see:  1) working accessories for 9 V trains,
                                  2) residential buildings for Town.
Current LEGO Project:  Just finished (motor with gearbox), thinking of next

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: 3rd prize in a building contest in 1989
(arranged by Viking Line, a car ferry operator between Finland and Sweden)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  model railroading, music (singing, keyboards)

From: Reinhard Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 17:33:19 +0200

Name: Reinhard (Ben) Beneke

Gender:

Year of Birth:

1969

Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:

What child? I'm serious in LEGO!

Location:

Brunswick, Northern Germany

E-mail Address:

r.beneke@tu-bs.de

LEGO/home page URL(s):

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/ben_abs.html
(I know it's quite complicated)

Marital Status:

single with girl-friend (she's not really in LEGO yet, but nearly infected)

Children:

none I know of and I hope this state will last for a long time....

Occupation:

Mechanical Engineer

On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:

04/98

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:

something around 330 different ones

# of Unopened Sets in Collection:

not more than 6

# of LEGO Pieces:

76.000 for sure (probably  more)

# of LEGOfests Attended:

??

# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited:

1 (Billund: 2 times)

First LEGO Set:

653 (from 1973) is the first I remember....

LEGO Dark Age:

I had no Dark Age, but a less active time from 1988 to 1996

First LEGO set after the Dark Age:

5571 Giant Truck

Favorite Theme(s):

trains, large vehicles, model team, old expert builder sets (<1978), technic

Favorite Set(s):

810, 7740, 8860, 383, 398, 5571, 375, 7750, 8851, 392

Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):

The well known brick with 8 studs!

Set/theme you would like to see:

a revival of the 12 V train theme / non juniorized 9V trains

Current LEGO Project:

building further trains and buildings, searching for bargains.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

I built the longest (Lego) bridge, known in the net (4.1 meters!)

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

books, music (Tool, dEUS, The Notwist), inline skating, my job

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:38 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net