The rec.toys.lego Roll Call

Part 14

This document is hosted by LUGNET.

The following is a small part of the responses to the rec.toys.lego Roll Call. Refer to the Table of Contents or the Alphabetical Index for other parts of the Roll Call.

From: cynde callera <cyndecal@durand.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 1996 13:02:25 -0800

Name: cynde callera
Gender: f
Year of Birth: 10/10/72
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 10 yr/old tomboy
Location: santa barbara, ca
E-mail Address: cyndecal@durand.com
Marital Status: domestic partner
Children: 0
Occupation: 3d graphics, digital imaging for mindwire
	    online systems/www authoring
On R.T.L. Since: 9/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 13
# of LEGO Pieces: ?

First LEGO Set: small, red technic race car
Favorite Theme(s): technic, space
Favorite Set(s): all technic universals
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): unitron cyborg (silver shades)
Current LEGO Project: 4 speed transmission with reverse
		      (with motor)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: taijiquan, ray-tracing and
		 	    z-buffered 3d graphics, rats,
			    industrial music, manga (esp. battle
			    angel), sci-fi movies/books (esp.
			    william gibson), magic the gathering
		            & rpg if I have time (esp. cyberpunk
			    & advanced dungeons and dragons),
			    rifle and shotgun shooting (I have
			    a MAK90, 12gauge, and ruger10/22)
--
Cynde Callera			rattusKhroma
cyndecal@durand.com

From: Simon Jarvis <jarvis74@volvo.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 1996 22:24:06 GMT

Name:	Simon Jarvis
Gender:	Male
Year of Birth:	1967
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 14 (or there abouts)
Location:  West London, England
E-mail Address: jarvis74@volvo.demon.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  n/a
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  Nope (well not that I know of :)
Occupation:  Senior Computer Engineer (LHR CUTE)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  6/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  12
# of LEGO Pieces:  Anyone want to count?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  8865
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic, Model Team
Favorite Set(s):  8880 Super Car, 5591 Red Bird
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Current LEGO Project:  Building all 12 sets so I can take photos

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  ??!??

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Computers, Home Cinema, Ham Radio

| Simon Jarvis - Depressed Computer Engineer & Lurker                        |

From: ward@math.psu.edu (Brian Ward)
Date: 4 Jan 1996 02:55:15 GMT

Name: Brian Ward
Gender: m
Year of Birth: 1972 (30.9)
Location: Graz, Austria; Vienna, Austria
E-mail Address: bri@blah.math.tu-graz.ac.at
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.math.psu.edu/ward/lego/
		       http://blah.math.tu-graz.ac.at/~ward/lego/
Occupation: professional time waster (grad student)
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 1994
#of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~200
#of LEGO Pieces: ~22000
First LEGO Set: hand-me-down bricks
Favorite Theme(s): Bri's Really Busy Spaceport
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): 4x2 black/Custom Blacktron-I pilot
				    (IP-babe's scary twin sister)
Current LEGO Project: Big huge spaceport #2
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: I am Vienna's LEGO-scouring machine
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: computers, mountain climbing, design

From: dhiga@phakt.usc.edu (Darold Kenji Higa)
Date: 3 Jan 1996 19:39:28 -0800

Name:  Mark "Emerson" Chadwick
Gender:  m
Year of Birth:  1966
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  alive and well
Location:  Los Angeles (or did you mean my inner child? ;-)
E-mail Address:  emerson@apricot.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  No lego in it, but http://www.apricot.com/~emerson/
Marital Status:  Single
Children:  only me
Occupation:  Network support for Infonet
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1991?

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  40-50 (w.a.g)
# of LEGO Pieces:  no idea. lots, but not enough
# of LEGOfests Attended:  none

First LEGO Set:  Don't know, was back in '71
Favorite Theme(s):  Technic
Favorite Set(s):  the ones with the coolest parts ;-)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Pneumatics
Current LEGO Project:  F-15 (approximately 4 feet long, at present)

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Hm. A 747 I built back in 4th grade

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  There are others? Computers, electronics,
       Science-Fiction, biking, photography, blah blah blah

Posting from a friend's account,
Mark "Emerson" Chadwick
emerson@soyokaze.biosci.ohio-state.edu   or   emerson@apricot.com

From: rkbarth@nyc.pipeline.com (Richard K. Barth)
Date: 3 Jan 1996 22:43:52 -0500

Name: Richard Barth
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 78
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 17
Location: Queens/NYC
E-mail Address: rkbarth@pipeline.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Occupation: Stockperson/Student
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 8/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~125
# of LEGO Pieces: ?!
# of LEGOfests Attended: None....LEGOfests?!

First LEGO Set: Some family room
Favorite Theme(s): CASTLE; CASTLE is KING
Favorite Set(s): Town Wall Tavern
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): PEASANTS
Current LEGO Project: Building trading docks behind one of my
        castles

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: My growing and prosperous
        castle/town/village with many shops

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Aviation, Hockey, Greco-Roman Wrestling

Richard K Barth
rkbarth@pipeline.com

From: hart@tartarus.uwa.edu.au (Colin 't Hart)
Date: 4 Jan 1996 14:46:30 GMT

Name: Colin 't Hart
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1973
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: From 11-16 years :-)
Location: Perth, Western Australia
E-mail Address: hart@tartarus.uwa.edu.au
LEGO/home page URL(s): none :-(
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Occupation: Student; Computer Programmer
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: start of A.T.L. (when was that?)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 7 expert builder and a model team plus lots of
 other stuff
# of LEGO Pieces: Dunno. Too few.
# of LEGOfests Attended: What are they? Been to Legoland in Billund, Denmark;
 Been to 5 or 6
Lego World Shows in Perth.

First LEGO Set: Black Police Boat back in 1976.
Favorite Theme(s): Technic, Trains
Favorite Set(s): Auto Chassis # 2 (the Black one with the Red seats); the JCB
 Excavator (I want one still!)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The 8 stud long axle (Technic) I never have
 enough of these!!
Current LEGO Project: Reading R.T.L.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Won 5 (five) lego building competitions when I was
 a real child.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Baroque music (play the Pipe Organ...); Stamp
 Collecting.

From: Russell Bornschlegel <kaleja@rahul.net>
Date: 3 Jan 1996 21:39:52 GMT

Name: Russell Bornsch++
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 69
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: no comment
Location: Cupertino CA
E-mail Address: kaleja@rahul.net
Marital Status: separated
Children: none
Occupation: game programmer
On R.T.L. Since: 12/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: 7 since rediscovery
# of LEGO Pieces: ~3500 since rediscovery

First LEGO Set: 8800 Super Car
Favorite Theme(s): Technic
Favorite Set(s): 8800 Super Car
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): pistons! fetish fetish
Current LEGO Project: motorized Technic tank

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: My girlfriend and I built the
 Super Car in one night

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Programming, stupid computer
 games, electronic music (making and listening)

From: goran.strandh@mailbox.swipnet.se (Goran Strandh)
Date: 4 Jan 1996 21:57:10 GMT

Name: Goran Strandh
Gender: M
Year of Birth: 1956
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Forever Young
Location: Lund, Sweden
E-mail Address: goran.strandh@mailbox.swipnet.se
LEGO/home page URL(s): none
Marital Status: yes
Children:  13, 10 and 3
Occupation: running around in circles and trying to coordinate my company
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Nov-95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: appr. 50
# of LEGO Pieces:  do not care to count them
# of LEGOfests Attended: You're kidding, in Sweden?

First LEGO Set: Way back in the 60's, some basic set
Favorite Theme(s): Train, Castle, TRAIN, Aquazone, Train, Model Team and
TRAIN
Favorite Set(s): Currently Freigh Rail Runner (4564) and Sea Claw 7
(1822)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  BURP:s (just kidding)
Current LEGO Project: Buy a new home so I can put my TRAIN up permanently

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: None so far.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Wargaming (where did LEGO Wars go?), painting
miniature figures, computers, gaiming ( not gambling), sleeping

From: sue@metropia.demon.co.uk (Sue Gregson)
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 1996 07:00:36 +0000

Name: Sue Gregson
Gender: Female
Year of Birth:  1962
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Depends : old enough to figure out the
                                             building instructions
Location:  Bradford, West Yorkshire UK
E-mail Address: sue@metropia.demon.co.uk
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  as married
Children:  Jessica (nearly 4)
Occupation:  System Administrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  1993

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  (entire household) 180+
# of LEGO Pieces:  too many to find the particular one you need !
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  My mum has the remnants of an ambulance and fire engine ?
Favorite Theme(s):  Pirates, Space
Favorite Set(s):  The Pizza shop
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The little Pizzas/The chef
Current LEGO Project: To be Pirate complete (I was 2 sets away from this
                      until the '96 catalog appeared :( )

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Finding a stash of Jim Spaceborn comics.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Following Blackburn Rovers FC Champions of the
Premiership (UK Soccer), playing with Jessie.

From: beldandy@uclink2.berkeley.edu (Sonya Choi Lee)
Date: 5 Jan 1996 09:20:54 GMT

Name:  Sonya Lee
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth: 1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  8
Location:  Bay area
E-mail Address:  beldandy@uclink.berkeley.edu
Marital Status:  not
Children:  none
Occupation:  law student
On R.T.L. Since:  Fall 1995

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  A few thousand now.
# of LEGO Pieces:  I can't even begin to imagine now.  I'll try to count
all the mini-figs I have over the break.  I'm guessing somewhere between
2,000-3,000.

First LEGO Set:  Old town set.
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, space, pirate, aquazone
Favorite Set(s):  Deep Freeze Defender, Imperial Trading Post, BK Castle
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Black  Classic Space with black visor

Current LEGO Project:  First I've got to organize my apartment /
collection.  Then I have to finish constructing my Wolfpack castle.  Then
I am going to be staging one of the biggest battles in Lego history.
Still working out the details.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  I can't imagine anyone who has accumulated
as much Lego as me in such a short period of time. ;)   And the scary
thing is that I'm now making some inroads into town. . .

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  My anime, action figure, and comics
collections are as large as my Lego collection.  I like the Animaniacs,
the Simpsons, collecting Happy Meal toys, and eating out (though I'm
learning how to cook right now).

From: jgowell@ren.us.itd.umich.edu (Jim Gowell)
Date: 3 Jan 1996 19:03:43 GMT

Name:  James Gowell
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth: 1971
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  Active
Location:  Michigan
E-mail Address:  Jgowell@umich.edu
Marital Status:  Married
Children:  None
Occupation:  Computer Consultant
On R.T.L. Since:  Lurked since late 93

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~30
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~too little interest to count

First LEGO Set:
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, anticipating TimeLords
Favorite Set(s):    Dark Dragon Den
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Royal Knight King (nice sword)

Current LEGO Project:
Assimilate all blocks of all castle sets, everywhere, for all time.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
150+ "spacecraft" and "skimmers" from my brothers bag of lego blocks.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
Erin, Computers, WWW page authoring,

From: Peri  Horowitz <ph77@columbia.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 11:05:58 -0500

Name: Peri Horowitz
Gender:  Female
Year of Birth: 1976
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Location:  NYC
E-mail Address:
Marital Status: s
Children:
Occupation:  student
On R.T.L. Since:  fall 95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: about 700
# of LEGO Pieces:  ?????????

First LEGO Set:  fire station (510?), basic set 113
Favorite Theme(s):  town
Favorite Set(s):  town stores, houses
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):
Current LEGO Project:  adding to my town which takes up an atic room

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:

Complaint: everything seems to be the same 2-3 themes. We need more of a
typical town (stores, houses, churces, factories)

From: wilson@pangloss.ucsf.edu (Erik Wilson)
Date: 5 Jan 1996 10:55:20 -0800

Name:  Erik Wilson
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1955
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: I seem to be stuck at an awkward 14
Location:  San Francisco, California (new location from last year)
E-mail Address:  wilson@pangloss.ucsf.edu (also new)
Marital Status:  married to Terra who also enjoys LEGO
Children:  none as yet
Occupation:  biochemist
On R.T.L. Since:  1993 (as alt.toys.lego)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: many
# of LEGO Pieces:  many times many

First LEGO Set:  (divided into periods)
First LEGO period - ESSO gas station (~1960)
Second LEGO period - 8042 (blue technic universal pneumatic) and
		     8074 (yellow technic universal flex system)
Favorite Theme(s):  space, technic
Favorite Set(s):  Technic whirlwind rescue helicopter
		  Space Star Hawk II
		  (1993 & 1994 Christmas presents from my wife
		  so I am biased)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Arachnoid alien design (not really a
	minifigure but it is minifigure scale)
Current LEGO Project:  *Large* lego space station (redesigned yet again)
		       LEGO Parthenon (partially completed)
		       Christmas monorail with "Santa Kong" atop
			   Empire State Building

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:
1) Auctioneer for lego1 auction and lego2 auction (with John Marlin
   and Rolf Wilson)
2) Author of a *long* (and ocasionally humorous) Lego Space History
   (you may email me for details)
3) With Andy Foland conducted a 400 minifigure recreation of the battle
   of Waterloo using Red Imperial Guards and Blue Soldiers

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:
Board games, Ultimate Frisbee, Computers (maybe this is a given?),
Hiking, Science Fiction, Immunology, History, Astronomy and other
things too numerous to mention.  Actually the world is really a
pretty interesting place.

From: bandy@sheepdog.cinnamon.com (Andy Beals)
Date: 6 Jan 1996 13:29:43 -0800

Name:  Andy Beals
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1963
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:
Location:  South Bay, SF Bay Area
E-mail Address:  bandy@cinnamon.com
Marital Status:  married
Children:  one
Occupation:  computer programmer
On R.T.L. Since:  inception if not constantly

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  uncounted
# of LEGO Pieces:  nearly uncountable

First LEGO Set:  590?  The brickyard
Favorite Theme(s):  train/space ICE PLANET 2002!!!  Space Police
Favorite Set(s):  metroliner/space police mothership
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  tinted octagonal windows
Current LEGO Project:  make passenger cars

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  voted for the group

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  programming, playing "blow 'em ups",
airplane spotting [no logbook or photographs though], DUPLO
[mis-cegnating minifigures], TOOLO [funky cranes],
motorcycling, target shooting, plinking, ROLLER HOCKEY!!!!!, skating

From: jgrazado@connix.com (Jason Grazado)
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 1996 21:10:16 -0500

Name: Jason Joseph Grazado
Gender: Male
Year of Birth: 1/11/68
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 11 or so
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut
E-mail Address: jgrazado@connix.com
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.connix.com/~jgrazado
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: 2
Occupation: Evaluating desktop technologies for potential deployment in company
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since: 9/95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: ~50
# of LEGO Pieces: ~15,000?
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set: Unknown, have some 'Shell Gas Station' pieces from the mid-70's
Favorite Theme(s): Town
Favorite Set(s): Airport Monorail
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): Any piece that has a secret way of
joining it to other pieces
Current LEGO Project: Building City (New Amsterdam) with kids, web page

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Nice 3D rendering of Towtruck from #6562

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Computers, Juggling, Alternative Music - see
 my page

| jgrazado@connix.com  |
| jgrazado@aol.com     |
| jgrazado@eworld.com  |
| jgrazado@gartner.com |

From: srojo@best.com (Steven Rojo)
Date: 7 Jan 1996 03:52:39 GMT

Name:  Steven Rojo
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  it varies
Location:  Sunnyvale, CA. USA
E-mail Address: srojo@best.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  single
Children:  0 kids, 1 cat
Occupation:  network adminstrator
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  fall '94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~140
# of LEGO Pieces:  ~24000
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  After Lego Dark Ages : Solar Snooper
Favorite Theme(s):  Town/Pirate
Favorite Set(s):  Metro Liner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  mine
Current LEGO Project:  Building a train tunnel.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  computers, sci-fi, guns, women

From: paul@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Paul Vargo)
Date: 7 Jan 1996 20:18:29 -0500

Name:  Paul J. Vargo, II
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1969
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14
Location:  Lansing, Michigan
E-mail Address:  paul@umcc.umich.edu
LEGO/home page URL(s):  under construction
Marital Status:  married
Children:  1 all black cat
Occupation:  unemployeed, will graduate w/a BS in CS May 96
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  summer of 94

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  ~135
# of LEGO Pieces:  unknown, not enough time on my hands!
# of LEGOfests Attended: 0

First LEGO Set:  770 Rescue Set
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, Space, Town, and Aquazone
Favorite Set(s):  565 Moon Landing
Favorite Piece/Minifigure:  Skully and GreenBrown Forestman
Current LEGO Project:  Making a Lego phone

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  none

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Reading DragonLance Novels, Nightmare B4XMAS
			     toy collecting, Brewing my own Beer

LEGO: FS TO+(565) BV-- SP-(483) CA+++(6077) PI+ AQ+ #115
      S- Ls-->++ H!? M+ A+ YB69m

From: sgibson260@aol.com (SGibson260)
Date: 8 Jan 1996 02:12:05 -0500

Name:  Stephen Gibson
Gender:  M
Year of Birth: 1968
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12/amazed he has access to the credit
cards!
Location:  Fairfax, VA
E-mail Address:  SGibson260@aol.com
Marital Status:  married 4 years
Children:  Nicole(9 yrs), Kathleen (21 months), Christopher (4 weeks)
Occupation:  Cartographer (map-maker) for Federal Govt
On R.T.L. Since:  mid 1994 (mainly lurking)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  400 (a lot of polybags-need more Crusaders
and Black Knights!)
# of LEGO Pieces:  40,000?

First LEGO Set:  loose bricks as a kid, Dragon Wagon as a grown-up
Favorite Theme(s):  Castle, with strong interest in Pirates
Favorite Set(s):  6090 Royal Knights Castle, 1491 Dual Defender, 6009
Black Knight, 1463 Treasure Cart, 6286 Skulls Eye Schooner
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  Crusader minifigs, Castle breastplates,
French Imperial soldiers
Current LEGO Project:  Making rules for Lego Castle Wars with my nine year
old helping me.  Plus, work on the never-completed "Castle of the Dreaded
Moors"

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Last week (1/3/96), got a 6285 Black Seas
Barracuda at the Service Merchandise for $30.00!!!!!!  Showed the manager
that the hull pieces were missing, and he marked it way down.  Then Lego
Customer Service didn't even charge me to get replacement hull pieces!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: scifi reading, miniatures wargaming, history,
politics, and my wonderful family, who make everything worthwhile!

From: dehliatoo@aol.com (DehliaToo)
Date: 8 Jan 1996 07:31:33 -0500
Sender: root@newsbf02.news.aol.com

Name:  Deborah Lipp
Gender:  F
Year of Birth:  61
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  10
Location:  Congers, NY
E-mail Address:  DehliaToo@aol.com
Marital Status:  married
Children:  a 5 year old boy with ADHD who you'd swear was 3 kids based on
he sound effects.
Occupation: Technical Writer/DTP
On R.T.L. Since:  a few weeks (hi everyone)

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  I dunno....75-100? Not counting my son's
sets.
# of LEGO Pieces:  please don't make me count.

First LEGO Set:  Some basic building sets from 1973
Favorite Theme(s):  Space, Model Team, Town
Favorite Set(s): My new Model Team sets -- Blue Fury & Sea Jet. We just
moved, so I can't find my catalog of all my lego sets, with all the
instructions they all came with (I have lego-specific OCD), but there were
these GREAT Blacktron sets. One in particular was a ground-based "walker"
with a satellite dish on the back. Also the Deep Freeze Defender was
fairly awesome.
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s):  I like the really girly girls -- with
the lipstick and eyelashes. I buy small Paradisa sets to get them, then
put the heads onto space minifigures so I can have female space people.
Current LEGO Project:  Building the alternate Blue Fury model.

Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame:  Some faves -- a 1/3 scale fire hydrant and
slippery when wet street sign; a goddess statue in all white legos, a
crescent moon statue, also all white; a valentine with an arrow thru it (I
used a red 2x1 brick with a hole in the middle and a technic rod for the
arrow) for my husband; Big Bird -- a really great replica including the
pink eyelids which I had to buy a Paradisa set for.

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Wicca, alt.polyamory, number puzzles,
getting the world's fastest score on Minesweeper.

From: weswinkler@aol.com (WesWinkler)
Date: 8 Jan 1996 07:17:32 -0500

Name:  Wes Winkler
Gender:  Male
Year of Birth:  1950
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child:  14-16
Location:  Seattle, WA
E-mail Address:   WesWinkler@aol.com
LEGO/home page URL(s):  none
Marital Status:  married, quite happily!
Children:  2 daughters, and 2 dogs
Occupation:  Currently "between positions."  Was employed as
    a sales engineer for companies that provide control
    systems and engineering software to electric utilities.
On R.T.L (A.T.L) Since:  Fall, '95

# of Sets in LEGO Collection:  292
# of LEGO Pieces:  21,145  more or less  :)
# of LEGOfests Attended: none

First LEGO Set:  Way, WAY back in the 50s, I had a set with
    fragile red bricks with a building brick design on the
    side and long white beams, 2 dots wide.  Modern sets that
    rekindled my interest were the McDonald's sets from 1990.
Favorite Theme(s):  town, Technique Rally cars.
Favorite Set(s):  Blacktron Renegade, 6954

Current LEGO Project:  auctioning off Lego sets to reduce
    storage requirements and to supplement income!

Other (Non-LEGO) Interests:  Mystery and science fiction novels,
     bicycle touring, enjoying my two daughters as the grow up
     all too quickly, tinkering with PC software.

Last updated Thu Jan 6 02:26:36 EST 2000 .

This page by David A. Karr / karr@shore.net